Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34
Send Topic Print
I Still Call Australia Hom .... ophobic (Read 27762 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I Still Call Australia Hom .... ophobic
Reply #195 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:52pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:39am:
PWong ssm
"On the issue of marriage I think the reality is there is a cultural, religious, historical view around that which we have to respect. The
party's position
is very clear that this is an institution that is between a man and a woman."

Guess who said this?
Penny Wong in an interview on network 10 in 2010

you idiot

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #196 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:57pm

The people will have their democratic say, & vote directly for what THEY wish to see in Australia's future. A country of central core values, or a country devoid of everything Australian. The choice will be in their hands, not in the political hands of the few in Parliament, who's only desire is to gain or maintain power & control over the people.

What does "it" mean in the sentence,  "What time is it?"?

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #197 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:23pm:
You can almost sense the heterophobic tension in the air with gay people considering alienating most Australians if they don't support gay marriage. Tim Minchin is just starting to get the ball rolling. Perhaps gay people will be smart enough not to let this alienation begin.

The people will have their democratic say, & vote directly for what THEY wish to see in Australia's future. A country of central core values, or a country devoid of everything Australian. The choice will be in their hands, not in the political hands of the few in Parliament, who's only desire is to gain or maintain power & control over the people.

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #198 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:23pm:
You can almost sense the heterophobic tension in the air with gay people considering alienating most Australians if they don't support gay marriage. Tim Minchin is just starting to get the ball rolling. Perhaps gay people will be smart enough not to let this alienation begin.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:09pm

Frank wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
one of your daddies calling himself your 'mummy.

Do you have an example of that?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #200 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:21pm

Quote:
A country of central core values, or a country devoid of everything Australian.

What sort of crap is that.  You are telling me that the outcome of this postal vote...a non-compulsory, non-binding waste of time and money will be the thing which determines whether Australia has core values (what would they be?) or a Country devoid of 'everything Australian' (whatever you reckon that is, and you did not bother to tell us.)

Are 'core values' (whatever they are) the equivalent of 'everything Australian' (whatever that is?)

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:09pm:
Frank wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
one of your daddies calling himself your 'mummy.

Do you have an example of that?

Not exactly that, but maybe along similar lines.

Quote:
Experience is supposed to be top card over any and all facts. But what happens when experience blows holes in the activist narrative?

It doesn’t matter who you click with. That was what the airline put in their ads.

Homosexuals should be able to raise children. We’ve been told this for as long as same-sex relationships have been socially acceptable.

But did anybody ask what the CHILDREN thought about it?

One has finally spoken up. The keepers of the narrative will not like it.

We can probably expect her to be given the same rough treatment that other heretics against the cause — like Milo — are given.

So, while she still has a voice, let’s let hers be heard:

It’s her own personal story, after all. By the rules of the game as the Left has been playing it, ‘who can judge her for her own story’?

[Heather]Barwick, who is 31 now, married, and has four children, said that “same-sex marriage and parenting withholds either a mother or father from a child while telling him or her that it doesn’t matter. That it’s all the same. But it’s not.”

“A lot of us, a lot of your kids, are hurting,” wrote Barwick in her essay for The Federalist website. “My father’s absence created a huge hole in me, and I ached every day for a dad. I loved my mom’s partner, but another mom could never have replaced the father I lost.”

“I grew up surrounded by women who said they didn’t need or want a man,” said Barwick. “Yet, as a little girl, I so desperately wanted a daddy. It is a strange and confusing thing to walk around with this deep-down unquenchable ache for a father, for a man, in a community that says that men are unnecessary.”

She used to be an advocate of same-sex marriage. So she isn’t motivated by disdain for same-sex relationships. She’s backing a different cause now.

“Gay marriage doesn’t just redefine marriage, but also parenting,” she says. “It promotes and normalizes a family structure that necessarily denies us something precious and foundational. It denies us something we need and long for, while at the same time tells us that we don’t need what we naturally crave. That we will be okay. But we’re not. We’re hurting.”

…”It’s not just me,” said Barwick. “There are so many of us. Many of us are too scared to speak up and tell you about our hurt and pain, because for whatever reason it feels like you’re not listening. That you don’t want to hear.”

“If we say we are hurting because we were raised by same-sex parents, we are either ignored or labeled a hater,” she wrote.

Now she’s an advocate of Children’s rights. She’s also married and a mother of four.

Buckle up, Heather. It looks like you’ll be in for a rough ride.

http://clashdaily.com/2017/08/woman-raised-lesbians-interesting-things-say-needi...
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:36pm by LearJet »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:32pm

hey gweg you seem to be an expert on this !

where do transgenders fit in???...does this include them do you know??... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

will they have to register their "bits"  Smiley

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:34pm

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:32pm:

where do transgenders fit in???...does this include them do you know??... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Register their bits with whom?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #204 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:40pm

Quote:
"When we institutionalize same-sex marriage... we move from permitting citizens the freedom to live as they choose, to promoting same-sex headed households. Now we are normalizing a family structure where a child will always be deprived daily of one gender influence and the relationship with at least one natural parent. Our cultural narrative becomes one that, in essence, tells children that they have no right to the natural family structure or their biological parents, but that children simply exist for the satisfaction of adult desires."

-Katy Faust

http://australianmarriage.org/quartet-of-truth-adult-kids-of-gay-parents-speak-o...

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:34pm:

oh get someone to explain transgender to you...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #206 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:44pm

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:42pm:

oh get someone to explain transgender to you...

I know what transgender is, cods.

It's the "register their bits" thing I don't understand.

When you say "bits", do you mean genitalia?

If so, did you register your "bits" when you got married?

And if you did, with whom?

Forgive me if I'm missing your point, but I can't quite see what you're talking about here.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #207 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
Quote:
A country of central core values, or a country devoid of everything Australian.

What sort of crap is that.  You are telling me that the outcome of this postal vote...a non-compulsory, non-binding waste of time and money will be the thing which determines whether Australia has core values (what would they be?) or a Country devoid of 'everything Australian' (whatever you reckon that is, and you did not bother to tell us.)

Are 'core values' (whatever they are) the equivalent of 'everything Australian' (whatever that is?)

Oh - I don't know - this vote will provide pitch for the forks.... I'm looking forward to it with glee, in expectation of a hilarious time no matter which way it comes out... marches, protests, riots, burnings in public squares, a few gay suicides to spice it up, Gaystapo Rainbow adherents in fights with staid Christian grannies....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #208 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:50pm

Won't they need to get a Gender Licence.. you know - like car, truck, bus.. you name it... otherwise how will Der Staadt know if they are Fair Dinkum poofs or trannies or whatever when they apply for their marriage licence....??

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #209 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 5:50pm:

Won't they need to get a Gender Licence.. you know - like car, truck, bus.. you name it... otherwise how will Der Staadt know if they are Fair Dinkum poofs or trannies or whatever when they apply for their marriage licence....??

They won't need to prove gender.

They'll just need to be consenting adults.

That's the whole point.

Jesus, some people are thick    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34
Send Topic Print