Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34
Send Topic Print
I Still Call Australia Hom .... ophobic (Read 27764 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I Still Call Australia Hom .... ophobic
Reply #180 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:35am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 9:48pm:
"Child marriage is legal in some circumstances in almost every state in the U.S."

"In 27 states, the law does not specify any minimum age below which a child cannot marry".

Trump's America

Child marriage is legal in some circumstances in almost every state in the U.S. Though nearly every state has laws barring children under 18 from marrying, there are ways to get exemptions -- for example, by asking for judicial consent or presenting parents' permission, according to the Pew Research Center.

In 27 states, the law does not specify any minimum age below which a child cannot marry, according to Unchained At Last.

come on gweg   are you suggesting this wasnt the case when Obama was in power all those years Roll Eyes

where does it say its ok to marry a 9 yr old in America?..

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #181 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:36am

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:01am:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
mothra wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

I'm proud to be homophobic.

At least I have some morals.

Bigotry is not moral.

Nor is morality bigotry.. beware your choice of words and their definitions.....

Am I a bigot if I refuse, as a matter of morals, to beat up on a prostitute, or anyone else?  Thought not....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #182 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:35am

John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:11am:
Grendel wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:06am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:49pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:45pm:
The definition is for men and women.

only after howard changed it

. People have traditions that fit certain groups of people the world over and that doesn't mean it's discrimination.

of course it does. Besides, tradition shouldn't have anything to do with LAW. legislation should apply equally to everybody, regardless of tradition

Still banging on about Howard eh.
What a liar you are.
I even posted about Labors support and that they even stated that the act was not change only CONFIRMED.
That's right the meaning of the act was NEVER CHANGED it was only clarified or as Labor said CONFIRMED.

IT CONFIRMED that the ACT was about THE UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAN.

Yor schmitty are WRONG and a LIAR.

Now run along back to your bridge.

listen stupid, I've told you several times already, and you can live in denial and pretend howard didn't change anything if you like, but no ones falling for it. The wording of the act was CHANGED so therefore the Act was changed. Shove your head up your arse if you like, just don't waste my time with your rubbish. I'm not interested.

OK
I can keep posting the PROOF over and over again, just for you and idiots like yourself who deny the truth and seek to ridicule and name call those telling the truth.  Fine by me. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #183 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:39am

PWong ssm
"On the issue of marriage I think the reality is there is a cultural, religious, historical view around that which we have to respect. The party's position is very clear that this is an institution that is between a man and a woman."
Guess who said this?
Penny Wong in an interview on network 10 in 2010

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #184 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:49am

mothra wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Johnnie wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
Timmy is speeeecial, he is an Australian super star and all round celebrity, just ask him, just like the celebrities made all the difference in the US his type will do the same here.
Get a haircut and a real job you raging homo.
The silent majority stand at the ready to put these lot back in the closet, along with their glory boxes.

Look, you're just going to have to accept it, SSM is coming. It is but a matter of time. Either it will be here after the postal vote or it will be here when Labor get in next election.

I suggest you work on getting used to the idea. It is going to be your new reality. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

And in 30 years down the road when orphan children start coming out and saying that they were abused by their adopted homosexual parents who will take the blame.

Bill Shorten maybe you Mothra.................!!!

Paedophile priests will be replaced by paedophile parents.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #185 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:06pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
Nicola Roxon also stated and I quote;

NICOLA ROXON: In a large part
what the Government is doing is actually confirming what is the existing law
and although Paul mentioned what is happening in America, we don't actually have an issue in Australia about gay marriage.

We don't have our states having the power to introduce those sorts of changes, so really
we think what the Government is doing is probably unnecessary.

But it is certainly not something to get hot under the collar about when actually it is restating what is the existing law.

Yes folks there you have it BI-Partisan support and she states that the Government is simply RESTATING WHAT IS EXISTING LAW....   not changing it...
Now run along all you ignorant trolls, that simply have nothing but baseless denial and ridicule. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #186 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:09pm

One more time for Schmitty...

Nicola Roxon also stated and I quote;

NICOLA ROXON: In a large part
what the Government is doing is actually confirming what is the existing law
and although Paul mentioned what is happening in America, we don't actually have an issue in Australia about gay marriage.

We don't have our states having the power to introduce those sorts of changes, so really
we think what the Government is doing is probably unnecessary.

But it is certainly not something to get hot under the collar about when actually it is restating what is the existing law.

Yes folks there you have it BI-Partisan support and she states that the Government is simply RESTATING WHAT IS EXISTING LAW....   not changing it...

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:54pm

Ajax wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:49am:
Timmy is speeeecial, he is an Australian super star and all round celebrity, just ask him, just like the celebrities made all the difference in the US his type will do the same here.
The silent majority stand at the ready to put these lot back in the closet, along with their glory boxes.

Look, you're just going to have to accept it, SSM is coming. It is but a matter of time. Either it will be here after the postal vote or it will be here when Labor get in next election.

I suggest you work on getting used to the idea. It is going to be your new reality. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

And in 30 years down the road when orphan children start coming out and saying that they were abused by their adopted homosexual parents who will take the blame.

Why would any of that happen?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:58pm

What are you basing that assumption on?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:00pm

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:35am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 9:48pm:
"Child marriage is legal in some circumstances in almost every state in the U.S."

"In 27 states, the law does not specify any minimum age below which a child cannot marry".

Trump's America

Child marriage is legal in some circumstances in almost every state in the U.S. Though nearly every state has laws barring children under 18 from marrying, there are ways to get exemptions -- for example, by asking for judicial consent or presenting parents' permission, according to the Pew Research Center.

In 27 states, the law does not specify any minimum age below which a child cannot marry, according to Unchained At Last.

come on gweg   are you suggesting this wasnt the case when Obama was in power all those years Roll Eyes

No, I'm not suggesting that at all.

Not sure what Obama has to do with this.

Mr Hammer said that 12 years olds can't get married in the US, and I showed him that they can and do.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #190 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:58pm:

This maybe?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #191 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:23pm

You can almost sense the heterophobic tension in the air with gay people considering alienating most Australians if they don't support gay marriage. Tim Minchin is just starting to get the ball rolling. Perhaps gay people will be smart enough not to let this alienation begin.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #192 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:48pm

mothra wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:54pm:

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:58pm:

You two cant be serious can you............??

You find the sexual abuse of children by gays acting as their adopted parents such an impossibility....??

The gayification of our kids at primary school  speaks volumes of what these people are about, all under the umbrella of bullying.

There not interested in what anyone has to say, there not interested in the opinion or safety of children, they have an agenda that somehow makes them feel morally acceptable in a society that has always shunned them and they'll be damned if anyone is going to stop it.

These people are mentally unstable the majority of gays have experienced some form of sexual abuse and hence their orientation.

They need a psychiatrist not a marriage act.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:51pm

mothra wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:54pm:

It's pretty traumatic to ave two 'daddies' but no mummy. Or worse, one of your daddies calling himself your 'mummy.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:52pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:35am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:11am:
Grendel wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:06am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:49pm:
The definition is for men and women.

only after howard changed it

. People have traditions that fit certain groups of people the world over and that doesn't mean it's discrimination.

of course it does. Besides, tradition shouldn't have anything to do with LAW. legislation should apply equally to everybody, regardless of tradition

Still banging on about Howard eh.
What a liar you are.
I even posted about Labors support and that they even stated that the act was not change only CONFIRMED.
That's right the meaning of the act was NEVER CHANGED it was only clarified or as Labor said CONFIRMED.

IT CONFIRMED that the ACT was about THE UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAN.

Yor schmitty are WRONG and a LIAR.

Now run along back to your bridge.

listen stupid, I've told you several times already, and you can live in denial and pretend howard didn't change anything if you like, but no ones falling for it. The wording of the act was CHANGED so therefore the Act was changed. Shove your head up your arse if you like, just don't waste my time with your rubbish. I'm not interested.

OK
I can keep posting the PROOF over and over again, just for you and idiots like yourself who deny the truth and seek to ridicule and name call those telling the truth.  Fine by me. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34
Send Topic Print