Send Topic Print
No body ~ no parole (Read 3732 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

No body ~ no parole
Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:30pm

Link.

I am opposed to this concept on the basis that if a person pleads not guilty, says "I did not do this,' and is convicted......he loses his parole unless he produces a body......one he might well be totally innocent of making, and not have a clue about its whereabouts.

And don't tell me innocent people have never been convicted.

Nah.

Bugger off.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: No body ~ no parole
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:36pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
Link.

I am opposed to this concept on the basis that if a person pleads not guilty, says "I did not do this,' and is convicted......he loses his parole unless he produces a body......one he might well be totally innocent of making, and not have a clue about its whereabouts.

And don't tell me innocent people have never been convicted.

Nah.

Bugger off.

Yup bugger off and call and Uber.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:58pm

If the courts find someone guilty, they have to be treated as such.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:01pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:58pm:

So.....having been found 'guilty' by a Court, how does the innocent man produce a body he knows nothing of.

Nah.

This crap presumes we have a perfect system and we all know that we do not.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:04pm

If innocent people are found guilty, it is a miscarriage of justice, regardless of whether they can produce the body. You might as well insist it is wrong to jail guilty people in case they are innocent.

Which website did you order your law degree from?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:07pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:04pm:
If innocent people are found guilty, it is a miscarriage of justice, regardless of whether they can produce the body. You might as well insist it is wrong to jail guilty people in case they are innocent.

Are you really that thick? 

How many links would you like me to put up establishing that our non-perfect system has convicted innocents of murder/manslaughter?  How can such an innocent make parole if they had nothing to do with the death?

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:07pm

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:09pm

By having their conviction overturned. Not by saying you should let me out anyway, because I am innocent, just like everyone else in here.

People found guilty still have to be treated as guilty, despite the flaws in the system.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:09pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:58pm:

Yes - but there is 'legally guilty' and then there is guilty.... and many a man has lost his life on that difference....  countless people can be 'found guilty' according to the current (lack of) standards... that doesn't mean they are actually guilty... many such are not..... and while ever the forces of law and of the courts are themselves criminal in nature and action, there can never not be doubt......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:10pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:09pm:
By having their conviction overturned. Not by saying you should let me out anyway, because I am innocent, just like everyone else in here.

People found guilty still have to be treated as guilty, despite the flaws in the system.

Dream on...... do you have any idea how near impossible that is?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:15pm

It's not meant to be easy.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:15pm

Sure.....but this new 'no body ~ no parole' takes it a great deal further.  The person is convicted...okay....schit happens...but until today, like every other convictee, he was entitled to parole.  This takes that away and asks for an impossibility in the case of an innocent.

How can an innocent man produce a body he knows nothing about?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:18pm

It does not take it further at all. You get a lesser sentence if you plead guilty, cooperate with police etc. It's the same old problem we have always had. You can't expect an innocent man to plead guilty, yet he still goes to jail for longer if he pleads innocent and is found guilty.

Bottom line is, people found guilty have to be treated as guilty, regardless of the flaws in the system.

I saw a website selling law degrees for $20 the other day. Do you think it would boost my credibility if I got one?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:22pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:18pm:
It does not take it further at all. You get a lesser sentence if you plead guilty, cooperate with police etc. It's the same old problem we have always had. You can't expect an innocent man to plead guilty, yet he still goes to jail for longer if he pleads innocent and is found guilty.

Bottom line is, people found guilty have to be treated as guilty, regardless of the flaws in the system.

Yeas....but this new crap (an added punishment way beyond what was until today) has been brought in despite the fact that these populist politicians know full well our system is flawed.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:25pm

Quote:
I saw a website selling law degrees for $20 the other day. Do you think it would boost my credibility if I got one?

You could try, but I doubt that many here have any regard for your credibility even if you could pass the $20.00 course which I seriously doubt you could.  Even $20.00 courses would require, as a minimum, two brain cells.

My guess is that you are short on the entrance requirements.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:32pm

In your case, I doubt it.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:38pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:22pm:

Yeas....but this new crap (an added punishment way beyond what was until today) has been brought in despite the fact that these populist politicians know full well our system is flawed.

So your only valid objection is that this specific implementation of a very old principle is 'new'?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:43pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:22pm:

So your only valid objection is that this specific implementation of a very old principle is 'new'?

There is nothing 'old' about todays legislation in Qld.  This is a new impost on punishment.  You do understand it, don't you?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Are you no longer objecting on principle Aussie? Just that things are changing too rapidly for you?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:49pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Are you no longer objecting on principle Aussie? Just that things are changing too rapidly for you?

I have not referred to any principle.  My point is simple.....how can an innocent man produce a body?

Maybe you can assist with an answer?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:51pm

Ah, back to the beginning are we. Shall we copy and past page 1 of the thread?

Do you also think it is unfair that an innocent person goes to jail if found guilty, even though they are actually innocent?

What other brilliant insights do you have for us?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:52pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:51pm:
Ah, back to the beginning are we. Shall we copy and past page 1 of the thread?

Do whatever you like.  Revert back to personal abuse as well if you think that advances your credibility.

How can an innocent man produce a body?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 10:41pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:07pm:

Are you really that thick? 

How many links would you like me to put up establishing that our non-perfect system has convicted innocents of murder/manslaughter?  How can such an innocent make parole if they had nothing to do with the death?

We don't have justice; we have a justice system. Two totally different things.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:57am

Its all about Braddy Poos

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #24 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:23am

@miketrees
That was an interesting video.
I can't believe the deputy commissioner removed from the case those "doubter" detectives.
Then it looks like the police department worked back from a supposed conclusion, and only evidence or theories that supported the pre-established conclusion were considered.
If experienced detectives have doubts, the community would expect those concerns addressed, not for the police hierarchy to simply move those detectives off the case.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:41am

Neferti wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:07pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin .... He found it at the bottom of the Corn Flakes packet.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:45am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:10pm:
Dream on...... do you have any idea how near impossible that is?

Not true.

The Appeals Courts do a roaring business reversing the decisions of the lower courts.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:46am

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:15pm:
It's not meant to be easy.

There's no such thing as a free lunch either.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:36am

I dont understand why someone found guilty of killing someone  should get parole in the first place...

as it is  a life sentence in Qld is a joke 

sadly no system is perfect and never will be...

we also have many persons walking free because of our Beyond a reasonable doubt... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #29 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 1:09pm

Aussie do you also think it is unfair that an innocent person goes to jail if found guilty, even though they are actually innocent?

If someone is found guilty of a theft they did not actually commit, and they had to return the money in order to get parole, would you only complain about the parole conditions and ignore the fact that an innocent man was found guilty? What do you think the real problem is - the incorrect verdict, or the parole condition that fails to take into account an incorrect verdict? Should the entire criminal justice system be geared towards treating convicted criminals as if they are actually innocent?

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:29pm

cods wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:36am:
I dont understand why someone found guilty of killing someone  should get parole in the first place...

A Murder conviction should always carry with it a life sentence without the possibility of parole

What does "it" mean in the sentence,  "What time is it?"?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:08pm

freediver wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 1:09pm:
Aussie do you also think it is unfair that an innocent person goes to jail if found guilty, even though they are actually innocent?

If someone is found guilty of a theft they did not actually commit, and they had to return the money in order to get parole, would you only complain about the parole conditions and ignore the fact that an innocent man was found guilty? What do you think the real problem is - the incorrect verdict, or the parole condition that fails to take into account an incorrect verdict? Should the entire criminal justice system be geared towards treating convicted criminals as if they are actually innocent?

You can bullshit on with your esoteric crap as long as you like Effendi....and you'll remain irrelevant yet again.

How does anyone return a body/stolen money when they know nothing about it in the first place.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:21pm

@TCM

If experienced detectives have doubts, the community would expect those concerns addressed, not for the police hierarchy to simply move those detectives off the case

I think everyone wanted a conviction,,,, and quickly.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:24pm

LearJet wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
cods wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 8:36am:

A Murder conviction should always carry with it a life sentence without the possibility of parole

precisely... we bargain with the worst of the worst...

their poor bloody victim didnt get a chance to bargain did they?....its about time that was taken into account..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:34pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:08pm:
You can bullshit on with your esoteric crap as long as you like Effendi....and you'll remain irrelevant yet again.

How does anyone return a body/stolen money when they know nothing about it in the first place.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #35 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:38pm

Its getting harder and harder to get away with crime now.

With more and more scientific methods to prove guilt it will eventually become impossible.

Think of DNA, Fingerprints, CCTV etc

When that day comes and you are caught red handed.

There should be no parole, and hard labor for the rest of their lives.

That or the death sentence.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:49pm

freediver wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:34pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:08pm:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:50pm

These are not trick questions Aussie. Do you really think it is esoteric for an innocent man to be found guilty?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:17pm

freediver wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:50pm:
These are not trick questions Aussie. Do you really think it is esoteric for an innocent man to be found guilty?

Answer
that
question, freediver, or do you need it explained to you?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:19pm

So a wrongful conviction is now reduced to "esoteric crap" in order for Aussie to maintain his rage about parole conditions being unfair to the wrongfully convicted.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:21pm

freediver wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:19pm:
So a wrongful conviction is now reduced to "esoteric crap" in order for Aussie to maintain his rage about parole conditions being unfair to the wrongfully convicted.

Go start a Thread about it, freediver.  This one is about an absurd parole condition imposed by Statute.

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:36am

Aussie wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:21pm:

Go start a Thread about it, freediver.  This one is about an absurd parole condition imposed by Statute.

Into our lives some rain must fall.

Errors, mistakes, wrongful convictions are all human faults that are bound to happen from time to time. In reality the only statistic against successful prosecutions are those that have been subsequently found innocent of the guilt they were convicted of. An infinitesimally small amount, as opposed to the imaginations of the bleeding hearts & defense attorneys who think most everyone is as innocent as the white driven snow.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #42 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:48am

Inestimably small? You'd be talking about conservative US supreme court justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote that American criminal convictions generally had an “error rate of .027% – or, to put it another way, a success rate of 99.973%”.

But, at least 4.1% of all defendants sentenced to death in the US in the modern era are innocent, according to the first major study to attempt to calculate how often states get it wrong in their wielding of the ultimate punishment (which does not include those taken off death row, but kept in prison, due to doubts raised on the conviction. They become forgotten, as priority for re-examination is given to those actually on death row).

No body-no parole is a typical political non-solution. It is meant to be a headline.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:59am

thecuriousmail wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:48am:
Inestimably small? You'd be talking about conservative US supreme court justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote that American criminal convictions generally had an “error rate of .027% – or, to put it another way, a success rate of 99.973%”.

I would only have to guess that that number was based on the number of those who had their convictions subsequently overturned by another trial, because there would be no other way to determine an error rate of wrongful convictions. He's probably more right than wrong, for we know nobody is absolutely perfect.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:15pm

What is the real problem here Aussie? The wrongful conviction? Or a parole board assuming guilty means guilty?

Why do you object to this one, but not all the other ways in which the criminal justice system assumes that guilty means guilty and applies similar sentence adjustments that don't make sense for someone who is actually innocent?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:19pm

freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:15pm:

What is the real problem here Aussie? The wrongful conviction? Or a parole board assuming guilty means guilty?

The problem is that an innocent person is totally unable to produce a body to get the parole he otherwise would have, except for this new populist policy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #46 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:22pm

So the false conviction is not the real problem? Really?

Why do you object to this one, but not all the other ways in which the criminal justice system assumes that guilty means guilty and applies similar sentence adjustments that don't make sense for someone who is actually innocent?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:24pm

freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:15pm:

maybe aussie would prefer  a law that any jury who found an innocent person guilty should face trial... Sad

I mean I think they get so much wrong up in Qld  I am sure there are many innocent people in their jails for murders they didnt do Shocked

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:29pm

freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:22pm:
So the false conviction is not the real problem? Really?

Because it has become topical, and I chose to do it.  Freedom of speech and all that.

Have you yet worked out how a man is able to conjure up the body of the person killed........to be eligible for parole......after they have already suffered the travesty of a conviction for a 'murder' they were totally innocent of?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Did free speech make you decide that the wrongful conviction is not the real issue?

Do you also object to criminals being given a lighter sentence for pleading guilty and cooperating with police?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:54pm

freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Did free speech make you decide that the wrongful conviction is not the real issue?

Do you also object to criminals being given a lighter sentence for pleading guilty and cooperating with police?

As I've previously said....go start a Thread on those matters.  Someone might be interested.

This one is about 'No body ~ no parole.'

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:23pm

Jayzuz, Politicians are absolute grubs!  Government introduced this bullshit policy and at the time, paraded the parents of a manslaughter victim whose body had not been recovered.

The convicted had been granted parole (but were still in Prison) PRIOR to the new announcement and the relevant Ministers (AG and Corrective Services) KNEW it when they stood to be photographed with the parents they had been trotting out in support of the new no body no parole regime.

Link.

Bastards!

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:27pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
How many links would you like me to put up establishing that our non-perfect system has convicted innocents of murder/manslaughter? 

How many links would you like on lawyers getting guilty people off for their crimes?

Lawyers never do what is morally right they do what's best for their clients.

Still driving a taxi and pretending to be a lawyer arsie?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:31pm

Quote:
How many links would you like on lawyers getting guilty people off for their crimes?

One ~ will be a good start.

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #54 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:43pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:23pm:
Jayzuz, Politicians are absolute grubs!  Government introduced this bullshit policy and at the time, paraded the parents of a manslaughter victim whose body had not been recovered.

The convicted had been granted parole (but were still in Prison) PRIOR to the new announcement and the relevant Ministers (AG and Corrective Services) KNEW it when they stood to be photographed with the parents they had been trotting out in support of the new no body no parole regime.

Link.

Bastards!

That is reprehensible behaviour and a disgusting deception by the politicians. And no freakin surprise.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:43pm

Would you say the same thing if the boot was on your foot or perhaps a son or daughter.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:56pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Quote:

One ~ will be a good start.

Don't waste your time. There has been zero.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 2:17pm

crocodile wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:43pm:

Would you say the same thing if the boot was on your foot or perhaps a son or daughter.

If my child was murdered, I would want the person who actually did it to go to jail, and stay there until they revealed the location of the body.

If my child was wrongfully convicted, I would want the conviction overturned. I would not pretend the only problem is the parole board failing to take into account that the original conviction was incorrect. I would focus on the actual problem in the hoe of finding an actual solution.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 2:24pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
crocodile wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:43pm:

If my child was murdered, I would want the person who actually did it to go to jail, and stay there until they revealed the location of the body.

If my child was wrongfully convicted, I would want the conviction overturned. I would not pretend the only problem is the parole board failing to take into account that the original conviction was incorrect. I would focus on the actual problem in the hoe of finding an actual solution.

Yet again, you miss the point entirely!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 2:26pm

What's that point again Aussie? That a wrongful conviction is "esoteric crap" that must be ignored in order for you to attempt to make a point?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #60 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:05pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 2:26pm:
What's that point again Aussie? That a wrongful conviction is "esoteric crap" that must be ignored in order for you to attempt to make a point?

The point is ~ how does an innocent person produce a body they know nothing about?

You have had many chances to say...and you evaded each of them.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #61 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:35pm

That's a question Aussie. Do you have a point, or are you accusing me of missing the point because there is none?

Is it that a wrongful conviction is "esoteric crap" that must be ignored in order for you to attempt to make a point?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:48pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:35pm:
That's a question Aussie. Do you have a point, or are you accusing me of missing the point because there is none?

Is it that a wrongful conviction is "esoteric crap" that must be ignored in order for you to attempt to make a point?

If you want to discuss your point, start a Thread.  My point is obvious.  How can an innocent man priduce a body?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:56pm

Your point is obvious, but you either do not know how, or are afraid to put it into words.

It is that a wrongful conviction is "esoteric crap" that must be ignored in order for you to attempt to make a point.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 4:44pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:56pm:
Your point is obvious, but you either do not know how, or are afraid to put it into words.

It is that a wrongful conviction is "esoteric crap" that must be ignored in order for you to attempt to make a point.

The esoteric crap to which I referred was your irrelevant waffling early in this Thread.  I have told you many times that if you want to discuss the broader point about innocents being convicted...start a Thread.  This one is about a narrow point addressing what is nothing more than a populist policy of 'no body - no parole.'

An innocent, yet convicted, person is totally unable to produce a body and for that reason alone, this 'policy' ought to be abandoned.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #65 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 4:56pm

I can see why the policy is most unjust.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 4:44pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 3:56pm:

The esoteric crap to which I referred was your irrelevant waffling early in this Thread.  I have told you many times that if you want to discuss the broader point about innocents being convicted...start a Thread.  This one is about a narrow point addressing what is nothing more than a populist policy of 'no body - no parole.'

An innocent, yet convicted, person is totally unable to produce a body and for that reason alone, this 'policy' ought to be abandoned.

You responded directly to my question about whether the real issue is wrongful conviction or a parole board that is forced to assume the conviction is correct by discarding it as esoteric crap. Now you have painted yourself into a corner where you are afraid to say what your own point is.

Does your question have a point Aussie, or are you just repeating because you feel compelled to respond despite having nothing to say?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #67 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:32pm

Are you serious?  Perhaps deluded, dunno.  I have never wavered from my point.  How can an innocent, yet convicted person, produce a body to meet lawful parole otherwise due except for this stupid new populist policy?

You have never said.  Is the question too hard?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #68 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:34pm

That's a question Aussie. What is your point, and why are you afraid to say what it is? Is it dawning on you how silly it will sound now if you say it out loud? Is it not equally silly to accuse people of missing a point you are afraid to identify yourself?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #69 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:39pm

I think the point is eluding FD.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #70 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:42pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:34pm:
That's a question Aussie. What is your point, and why are you afraid to say what it is? Is it dawning on you how silly it will sound now if you say it out loud? Is it not equally silly to accuse people of missing a point you are afraid to identify yourself?

How could any intelligent person miss the point I am making.

This 'no body ~ no parole' policy is superficial populism and will adversely effect those who are convicted, yet innocent....because they have no capacity to produce a body they know nothing about....and so....they, through no culpable default on their part, miss parole they would otherwise be granted.

How could anyone with half a brain cell not see that instantly?

Did you not see it instantly, Effendi?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #71 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:58pm

Quote:
This 'no body ~ no parole' policy is superficial populism and will adversely effect those who are convicted

Duh. People who are convicted of crimes are supposed to be adversely affected. Don't you agree Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #72 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:02pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
Quote:
This 'no body ~ no parole' policy is superficial populism and will adversely effect those who are convicted

Duh. People who are convicted of crimes are supposed to be adversely affected. Don't you agree Aussie?

Quote me properly/fully Effendi.  People have been banned here for that sort of misrepresentation.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #73 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:09pm

Are you having trouble figuring out what your point is Aussie?

Can I suggest that your point is that a wrongful conviction must be discarded as "esoteric crap" to be ignored in order for you to maintain your simplistic rage over a moot point?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #74 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:14pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:09pm:
Are you having trouble figuring out what your point is Aussie?

Can I suggest that your point is that a wrongful conviction must be discarded as "esoteric crap" to be ignored in order for you to maintain your simplistic rage over a moot point?

I detect you are a tad butt hurt because I identified your early waffle as esoteric crap.  Dunno why you'd burr up on this occasion as you do that all the time.  Gandalf is kinder than I am and does not use the same sort of direct language I do.

I have made my point a zillion time, and I am not going to keep repeating it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #75 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:16pm

Do you agree that people convicted of crimes are supposed to be 'adversely affected'?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:20pm

freediver wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:16pm:
Do you agree that people convicted of crimes are supposed to be 'adversely affected'?

For the squillionth time......go start a Thread and see how well that goes Effendi.

I'm sticking to the Topic in this one.

Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #77 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:33pm

You just stated that your point was that people convicted of a crime are adversely affected. Are we now not allowed to discuss your point? Have you forgotten what your point is? Perhaps you'd like to ask a really stupid question instead?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print