IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Good and bad singers
Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:00am

Emmylou Harris in her heyday, doing the old Kitty Wells number:

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:48am

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 3:28pm

Nice one Herb. I always like the Tennessee Waltz.

Here's some younger folks, The Carolina Chocolate Drops. give it time to wind up. Rhiannon Giddens sings "No Man's Mama, Now." She is also a very fine violinist and banjo player.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:44pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 8:36am:
Agnes wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 10:16pm:
went to see Andrie Ruie last years in Adelaide- great show and Mirusia has a beautiful voice-

His first concert in Australia had him sharing laughs with the audiences about the weather.

He started off in Melbourne where it poured with rain while Sydney and Brisbane were cloudless.

Then moved to Sydney where it poured with rain while Melbourne and Brisbane were cloudless.

Then moved to Brisbane where it poured with rain while Sydney and Melbourne were cloudless.

The sheer logistics of bringing all the equipment over here from Holland was staggering.

Mammoth effort Lord Herbert but Adelaide was fair weather a little cloud- very contented and happy audience- he is wonderful in concert- I mean so good looking and very funny- its not just about beautiful music and fabulous vocals but they create funny little skits to entertain the audience as well- well worth the ticket ! Smiley I went with my two favourite men in the world- my partener and my son- two very handsome men right there- some of the old dears were eyeing off my goreous son- ggrr- no shame- and he never even noticed lol
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:51pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:47pm

Freddy great vocals

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 8:15am

Agnes wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:44pm:
Mammoth effort Lord Herbert but Adelaide was fair weather a little cloud- very contented and happy audience- he is wonderful in concert- I mean so good looking and very funny- its not just about beautiful music and fabulous vocals but they create funny little skits to entertain the audience as well- well worth the ticket ! Smiley I went with my two favourite men in the world- my partener and my son- two very handsome men right there- some of the old dears were eyeing off my goreous son- ggrr- no shame- and he never even noticed lol

I never mentioned Adelaide, but now you've mentioned it I suppose he must have started his tour from there. At least he had one dry venue, you're telling me.

For years his concerts performed and telecast freely from Germany used to be videotaped by an old Dutchman across the border in Holland, and then he would send a copy to my Dutch neighbour who would then ask me to transfer these onto DVD-R video disc.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 8:22am

issuevoter wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 3:28pm:
Nice one Herb. I always like the Tennessee Waltz.

I think you may have missed the point.

Lacy Dalton's voice.

Very powerful and with a vibrato that singles her out as a rare gem with a unique voice among all those others who attempt to sing the demands of the 'Tennessee Waltz'.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 7:12pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 8:15am:
Agnes wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:44pm:

I never mentioned Adelaide, but now you've mentioned it I suppose he must have started his tour from there. At least he had one dry venue, you're telling me.

For years his concerts performed and telecast freely from Germany used to be videotaped by an old Dutchman across the border in Holland, and then he would send a copy to my Dutch neighbour who would then ask me to transfer these onto DVD-R video disc.

If he comes this way again I will be there - I think Adelaide was about 2nd last on his tour this time- Perth the last-

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print