Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
where are you going next? (Read 7180 times)
Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: where are you going next?
Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2018 at 4:01pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:49pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:41pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:38pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:19pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:03pm:
Im off to sydney in a couple weeks for a weekend off. Someone else is going to look after mum for a couple days. Meeting friends from brisbane in sydney and we care catching a show.

Spot

So where do you hail from Spot?

I been everywhere man haha

At the moment I am living in canberra.

Spot

Ahhh  me too I have lived there  since 1963 so I guess I am a local now!

I have only been here a year and i havent been many places because i have to stay with mum. I was here about 9 years ago though for about 6 months and went to the mint. ATM i sometimes get a couple hours on the weekend and go to the civic to play pool.

Nowhere else i have lived in australia has had such crazy weather. You just cant acclimatise.

Spot

Has been an interesting summer, I cant remember so many 35+ days in previous years.

Not to mention that massive downpour of rain on one day i cant ever remember rain like that in all my time in Canberra. ( a few hundred mm I think it was in a day)

I do feel in the summer Canberra is good in that you usually have reasonably cooler nights and can sleep comfortably! (not so much this year)

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2018 at 4:17pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 4:01pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:49pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:41pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:38pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:19pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 3:03pm:
Im off to sydney in a couple weeks for a weekend off. Someone else is going to look after mum for a couple days. Meeting friends from brisbane in sydney and we care catching a show.

Spot

So where do you hail from Spot?

I been everywhere man haha

At the moment I am living in canberra.

Spot

Ahhh  me too I have lived there  since 1963 so I guess I am a local now!

I have only been here a year and i havent been many places because i have to stay with mum. I was here about 9 years ago though for about 6 months and went to the mint. ATM i sometimes get a couple hours on the weekend and go to the civic to play pool.

Nowhere else i have lived in australia has had such crazy weather. You just cant acclimatise.

Spot

Has been an interesting summer, I cant remember so many 35+ days in previous years.

Not to mention that massive downpour of rain on one day i cant ever remember rain like that in all my time in Canberra. ( a few hundred mm I think it was in a day)

I do feel in the summer Canberra is good in that you usually have reasonably cooler nights and can sleep comfortably! (not so much this year)

Yeah i have actually come here from brisbane this time so the nights are a relief Smiley I was outside when that rain hit and i was a drowned rat. Across the road was underwater. Cant say i have never seen anything like it because i saw something like it a few years ago in QLD but I understand it isnt supposed to happen here.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2018 at 10:07pm

today after a few weeks of lovely weather we have had 35 and again tomorrow as well- they just come out of the blue and it is a shock- I'm wondering if this winter is going to be anything out of the ordinary when these things happen actually

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 7th, 2018 at 10:13pm

Well I am off to Bali for ten days next week!

I vowed I would never go there but have been talked into it due to a family get together,  so I guess I will have to wait and see what it is like.

What are your thoughts?

Dont go.

I got conned into going with a family thing, its just horrible.

There are so many better places to go.

Sorry but you did ask.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 7th, 2018 at 11:17pm

Just got back from Cambodia, would recommend. Especially Angkor Wat, at the moment you can still walk through the ruins and all over them, I can see that changing as tourist numbers increase which they will, dramatically.  Full of Chinese tourists.

angkor11.JPG (248 KB | 57 )
angkor11.JPG

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 4:02am

I'm leaving my current home of nearly 2 years: Jervis Bay and heading further south down the coast in about a month.

It's been good here, but time to move on soon.
I will be 'camping' for a while until I have permanent work in my new area, which gives me a house to rent.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

stokerjim
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 11:23am

I want to go to Canada next year.    I want to do an inside passage cruise (there are a lot of them - around 7 days) then  train it across Canada - don't care where i start or finish.    I can get the train that goes around Banf etc but that just seems to be a 3 or 4 day round trip.  I want to go right across the country.  Any suggestions from any Cannucks on here?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 1:00am

Of Australians that have done exactly what you've mentioned (like my Ex), they all say its absolutely fantastic, etc. So do it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #23 - May 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm

A road trip around the southern states of the US is on my menu

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #24 - May 15th, 2018 at 2:14pm

BigP wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
A road trip around the southern states of the US is on my menu

You're gonna need a Gun, a real BIG one.
You better get a Lawyer son, you better get a real 'good' one!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print