Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Send Topic Print
Australia's first female Muslim MP (Read 18578 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia's first female Muslim MP
Reply #165 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:16pm

BigOl64 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:06pm:
They're angry fkken lunatics because their religion makes them believe bullsh1t fantasies about being rewarded for murdering women and children. 

Could a religion make you believe those fantasies?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #166 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:28pm

red baron wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 2:52pm:
This is an extract from my post No. 146

4.14     The High Court of Australia has stated that freedom of speech is ‘a common law freedom’ and that it ‘embraces freedom of communication concerning government and political matters’:

Doesn't that say freedom of speech is a common law freedom

You of all people should know that the majority of the law in this land is drawn from Common Law

100% of the Law of any "Westminster" Country is based on common law which has been largely eroded in Australia by Statute Law. 

The common law principle of freedom of speech is limited to
communications concerning government and political matters
.  There is no absolute, unlimited, unrestricted freedom of speech.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #167 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:41pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:16pm:
They're angry fkken lunatics because their religion makes them believe bullsh1t fantasies about being rewarded for murdering women and children. 

If I was a religious idiot, I have no doubt. But I have never been prone to gullibility, even as a child.

We just need to make laws that keep religious idiots under some sort of control. ALL relgious idiots

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #168 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:42pm

Yes we are governed by Statutes and it is from the reading I have done, a very grey area where various Judgements contradict each other

I  agree we have nothing like the American Constitutions Free of Speech  guarantees and more is the pity

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:43pm

BigOl64 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:13pm:

4.14     The High Court of Australia has stated that freedom of speech is ‘a common law freedom’ and that it ‘embraces freedom of communication concerning government and political matters’:

You of all people should know that the majority of the law in this land is drawn from Common Law

They can change and disappear at the stroke of a pen.

That's right, son. A stroke of a pen.

After you get the two main parties to put constitutional change to their executives, vote for it at their national conferences, put the referendum question to the House of Reps, negotiate with senators to vote for it in the senate, pass it, put the question to the Australian electorate at the next election, campaign on it, and have a majority of Australians vote in the affirmative to take freedom of communication out of the constitution.

Easy.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:45pm

BigOl64 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:41pm:

If I was a religious idiot, I have no doubt. But I have never been prone to gullibility, even as a child.

We just need to make laws that keep religious idiots under some sort of control. ALL relgious idiots

So, it's the individual who's to blame - not the "Cult".

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:47pm

mothra wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 7:31pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 7:22pm:
Mothballs their supporters are many

there didn't use to be many in France, Britain, Germany etc. but that's changed in a relatively short time

you need to wake up, wash the sleep out of your eyes,

have a cup of coffee & smell the real air.

Instead of that fetid & warm air that you've been experiencing whilst your head has been up your posterior.

No. You're overreacting. The overwhelming majority of Muslims are perfectly peaceful and have integrated nicely.

Some red-blooded young jerks are playing soldier. Big deal. Every group has them. Foolish young men. They grow out of it or they go to jail.

And life goes on.

I'd rather think about why all of these young men are getting so angry. I have compiling a short list.

Karnal is a jerk who is into playing soldier, they're murdering filth. You are talking about violent rapists and mass murderers and if you can't tell the difference your a fkken idiot.

And their mass murderers and rapists vastly out weigh their small numbers, out of a population of 5 million non-muslims NSW has 4 people dangerous enough to warrant Super-max. Where as muslims only numbering 260 000 produce 32 people so dangerous that they need to be locked up in Super-max and their numbers are growing.

So if anything you are under reacting, but apologist will tend to do that won't they?

They're angry fkken lunatics because their religion makes them believe bullsh1t fantasies about being rewarded for murdering women and children.  Angry Angry

As you can see, Big Hole doesn't like polishing my medals.

It's an acquired taste, I guess.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #172 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:54pm

red baron wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:42pm:
Yes we are governed by Statutes and it is from the reading I have done, a very grey area where various Judgements contradict each other

I  agree we have nothing like the American Constitutions Free of Speech  guarantees and more is the pity

Not true.  The commentary of others (as posted by you) is deliberately murkily evasive to suggest that the limited restricted and recognised freedom is in fact freedom of speech when it is not.

Do not confuse commentary with the actual judgements.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #173 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:54pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:43pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:13pm:

They can change and disappear at the stroke of a pen.

That's right, son. A stroke of a pen.

After you get the two main parties to put constitutional change to their executives, vote for it at their national conferences, put the referendum question to the House of Reps, negotiate with senators to vote for it in the senate, pass it, put the question to the Australian electorate at the next election, campaign on it, and have a majority of Australians vote in the affirmative to take freedom of communication out of the constitution.

Easy.

First up common law is presided over by a judge and not parliament and evolves from their rulings

Second the passing of a statute by the government required the parliament to pass it and it s a done deal

Third what you are talking about has to do the the constitution which doesn't a have a have real lot of rights, about 3 or 4 from memory and only apply in the context of the commonwealth and not very impressive. Ohh and general freedom of speech as said previously, NOT covered by the constitution.

But at least you had a go hey?  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:57pm

Hehehe, why do I get the impression if it was a devout Christian MP advocating that on behalf of Christians the luvvie response would be a lot different.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:17pm

BigOl64 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:54pm:
Third what you are talking about has to do the the constitution which doesn't a have a have real lot of rights, about 3 or 4 from memory and only apply in the context of the commonwealth and not very impressive. Ohh and general freedom of speech as said previously, NOT covered by the constitution.

Actually, you're right. A good post.

Freedom of speech is merely an implied right in Australia, as held by the High Court in 1992: Nationwide News Pty Ltd v Wills and Australian Capital Television Pty Ltd v Commonwealth.

Suck on that one, advocates of Freeeeeedom.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:45pm:

The Cults IS the individuals.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #177 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:07pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:17pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:54pm:

Actually, you're right. A good post.

Freedom of speech is merely an implied right in Australia, as held by the High Court in 1992: Nationwide News Pty Ltd v Wills and Australian Capital Television Pty Ltd v Commonwealth.

Suck on that one, advocates of Freeeeeedom.

Thank you gimp, YOU suck on it.

Every freedom, every right, every obligation and duty is expressed or implied or conditional, proscribed or prescribed. Nothing is absolute because nothing has an absolute unfettered agency except god. But what He wants is either mediated or is an 'act of god' - ie beyond our human ken.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:08pm

Frank wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:03pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:45pm:

The Cults IS the individuals.

Apologist.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #179 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:30pm

Frank wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Every freedom, every right, every obligation and duty is expressed or implied or conditional, proscribed or prescribed. Nothing is absolute because nothing has an absolute unfettered agency except god. But what He wants is either mediated or is an 'act of god' - ie beyond our human ken.

I agree, old chap - a belief we share with our Muslim brothers and sisters, no?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Send Topic Print