Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Freedom of Speech for Unpopular People (Read 36750 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Freedom of Speech for Unpopular People
Reply #165 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:22am:
freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 10:29pm:
Quote:
There is a difference.

Even if the terrorists they are mocking happen to be Muslims? Are we only allowed to make fun of generic, unidentifiable terrorists now?

Frivolous as usual.   How typical FD.   They were mocking Muslims as a whole.   Roll Eyes

So.

Piss christ mocked christians and they were told shut the fkk up and enjoy the free speech.

The difference is, we know those potential terrorist won't shut the fkkk up and you're terrified of their insanity, so you kow tow to their religion like a good little lap dog.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #166 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:01pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
And you think that should be illegal?

Depends on context, FD.  Time to mature up, instead of subscribing to black and white thinking...   Roll Eyes

How does it depend on context? Must we refrain from mocking terrorists if there is public discussion about building a mosque? Or do you only support the law when Muslims are being protected?

Do you have the right or ability to criticise other religions and other countries?

I support the law because it protects everyone, FD.   You only mock the law when it protects Muslims for some strange, unfathomable, Islamophobic reason...   Roll Eyes

Protects them from what? Mockery of their beliefs?

Do you have the right or ability to criticise other religions and other countries?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #167 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Cottrel and his associates have been found guilty of making a video mocking terrorists.

They weren't FD, as you're well aware I don't doubt.  They were found guilty of making a video mocking Muslims.   There is a difference.    Roll Eyes

But its so funny.

Muzzos are asking to be mocked

Tents for their "women"
Stooopit dresses for the men.
Retarded because of all the inbreeding
Worshipping a sociopathic, self confessed pedophile, retarded, deformed and stoopid prophet muhummed.

It just begs for laughter and mocking.
Honestly, the way they go on, its a comedy in the making.

And the really sad part
They take it all seriously..........idioots

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Depends on context, FD.  Time to mature up, instead of subscribing to black and white thinking...   Roll Eyes

How does it depend on context? Must we refrain from mocking terrorists if there is public discussion about building a mosque? Or do you only support the law when Muslims are being protected?

I support the law because it protects everyone, FD.   You only mock the law when it protects Muslims for some strange, unfathomable, Islamophobic reason...   Roll Eyes

You are equating Muslims with allahu akhbaring head hackers, Brian.  DO all Muslims identify with allahu akhbaring head hackers? You know so many Muslims, do they identify so?

On another level - why can't Islam and those who believe it be mocked? What's special about Islam? The lie that criticising Islam is racist?  Vast numbers of Christians are not white. Is criticising Christianity also 'racist'? Is criticising any non-whites for anything - is that racist?

« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:10pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:25pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:25pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:06pm:
Cottrel and his associates have been found guilty of making a video mocking terrorists.

They weren't FD, as you're well aware I don't doubt.  They were found guilty of making a video mocking Muslims.   There is a difference.    Roll Eyes

What is it?

Is every muslim a potential headhacker? That is the only way in which this mocking was of every muslim, not just the crazies.

Tell me, Soren, is every Christian to be fed to the lions?    Roll Eyes

Are the Muslims still doing that??? Didn't know.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #170 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:56pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:32pm:
Quote:
There is a difference.

Even if the terrorists they are mocking happen to be Muslims? Are we only allowed to make fun of generic, unidentifiable terrorists now?

Frivolous as usual.   How typical FD.   They were mocking Muslims as a whole.   Roll Eyes

So.

Piss christ mocked christians and they were told shut the fkk up and enjoy the free speech.

The difference is, we know those potential terrorist won't shut the fkkk up and you're terrified of their insanity, so you kow tow to their religion like a good little lap dog.

So?  This was presented not as an artwork.  Piss Christ was.   Perhaps we need to go back to burning at the stake all the blasphemers?

I'm sure you and Soren would enjoy lighting the pyres, now wouldn't you?

I have absolutely no understanding why people like you cannot just leave people like them alone.

When was the last time you were assaulted on the street by a Muslim demanding that you adopt Islam, BigOl64?   When was the last time you were assaulted by a Christian?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #171 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:57pm

Frank wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

You are equating Muslims with allahu akhbaring head hackers, Brian.  DO all Muslims identify with allahu akhbaring head hackers? You know so many Muslims, do they identify so?

On another level - why can't Islam and those who believe it be mocked? What's special about Islam? The lie that criticising Islam is racist?  Vast numbers of Christians are not white. Is criticising Christianity also 'racist'? Is criticising any non-whites for anything - is that racist?

The court case was brought because of the affront to all Muslims, Soren.   Up to you how you deal with that.  The Courts though have decided.  That is how the law works.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #172 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:59pm

Frank wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:25pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:25pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:06pm:

What is it?

Is every muslim a potential headhacker? That is the only way in which this mocking was of every muslim, not just the crazies.

Tell me, Soren, is every Christian to be fed to the lions?    Roll Eyes

Are the Muslims still doing that??? Didn't know.

I'm unaware of Muslims ever feeding Christians to lions, Soren.

However, your supposedly civilised Europeans, the Romans, OTOH...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #173 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:56pm:
Quote:
There is a difference.

So.

So?  This was presented not as an artwork.  Piss Christ was.   Perhaps we need to go back to burning at the stake all the blasphemers?

I have absolutely no understanding why people like you cannot just leave people like them alone.

When was the last time you were assaulted on the street by a Muslim demanding that you adopt Islam, BigOl64?   When was the last time you were assaulted by a Christian?    Roll Eyes

Do you think Blair Cottrel should be left alone to make his videos? Or only if he writes 'art' on the cover?

You once whined that you only claimed the lack of a right to criticise other religions for yourself Brian. Yet you now seem very keen to impose it on others. Why is that?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:49am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

The court case was brought because of the affront to all Muslims, Soren.   Up to you how you deal with that.  The Courts though have decided.  That is how the law works.   Roll Eyes

So if it's law we must accept it as just? Really?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #175 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 1:25pm

Perhaps Brian has no right or ability to criticise religions, countries or laws.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #176 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 1:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:56pm:
Quote:
There is a difference.

So.

So I should only give a fkk about violent deranged muslims if the assault me personally?

BTW not a religious nutter, merely despise hypocrisy, and you have in spades

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print