Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Another Dual Citizen? (Read 7641 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Another Dual Citizen?
Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 11:25am

"Senator Roberts' position in the Senate is hanging by a thread after he revealed on Thursday night he did not receive confirmation from British authorities that his renunciation had been successful until a full six months after he nominated as a candidate and five months after the election. It remains unclear whether he took "reasonable steps" - as required by the constitution - to renounce prior to nominating."

If he goes, who will replace him - Pauline Hanson's sister?   Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 7:00pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 8:51pm

Come on, he believes he renounced British citizenship!

Surely that is as valid as any religion out there?

Maybe he swore allegiance to Pauline, and hence felt any past citizenships were revoked?

So many explanations... so little popcorn!  Grin Grin

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 11:02am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:00pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:30pm:
"Senator Roberts has not explained why he has not released any paperwork to prove he does not hold another citizenship."

Does he have to muppet?

Now he does, yes.

Or, is the secret government department going to do it for him?

Grin
If somebody on here says you are paedo does that mean you have to prove them wrong??

There's proof that he has British citizenship.

"Birth records available online show Senator Roberts was recorded as a British national in the past ..."

We were all "Brits" in the past.  Australia abolished the status of British subject with effect from 26 January 1984.

Even so...  we have a Constitution that IMO should not be changed in respect to dual citizenship.  So he should be challenged.  He should also in good conscience present any and all documentation re his citizenship to the public.  He should also stand aside if he is found to be at fault.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 11:55am

Grendel wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 11:02am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:00pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:30pm:
"Senator Roberts has not explained why he has not released any paperwork to prove he does not hold another citizenship."

Does he have to muppet?

Now he does, yes.

Or, is the secret government department going to do it for him?

Grin
If somebody on here says you are paedo does that mean you have to prove them wrong??

There's proof that he has British citizenship.

"Birth records available online show Senator Roberts was recorded as a British national in the past ..."

We were all "Brits" in the past.  Australia abolished the status of British subject with effect from 26 January 1984.

Even so...  we have a Constitution that IMO should not be changed in respect to dual citizenship.  So he should be challenged.  He should also in good conscience present any and all documentation re his citizenship to the public.  He should also stand aside if he is found to be at fault.

Agreed.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 3:18pm

How many parliamentarians have been British subjects since 1901?

"Dual citizenship" is not in the constitution but in very recent interpretations of cases brought to the High Court. 

44. Any person who -
(i.) Is under any acknowledgement of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power, or is a subject or a citizen or entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or citizen of a foreign power: or
(ii.) Is attainted of treason, or has been convicted and is under sentence, or subject to be sentenced, for any offence punishable under the law of the Commonwealth or of a State by imprisonment for one year or longer: or
(iii.) Is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent: or
(iv.) Holds any office of profit under the Crown, or any pension payable during the pleasure of the Crown out of any of the revenues of the Commonwealth: or
(v.) Has any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in any agreement with the Public Service of the Commonwealth otherwise than as a member and in common with the other members of an incorporated company consisting of more than twenty-five persons:

shall be incapable of being chosen or of sitting as a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.

I don't see how a British, NZ or Canadian citizen can be "under any acknowledgement of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power" since these countries have the same head of state. They are hardly  'foreign' powers if we share the same head of state.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:31pm

I wasn't aware that the Queen of Australia was the same Head of State as the Queen of the UK or New Zealand or Canada or any other Commonwealth country.   Tsk, tsk, Soren, is the Queen of Denmark the same as the Queen of Australia?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:31pm:
I wasn't aware that the Queen of Australia was the same Head of State as the Queen of the UK or New Zealand or Canada or any other Commonwealth country.   Tsk, tsk, Soren, is the Queen of Denmark the same as the Queen of Australia?    Roll Eyes

You are not aware - full stop. You are Dr Completely Ignorant.

Dr Mong.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:57pm

Frank wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:54pm:

Dr Mong.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Unable to answer the question, Soren?  I wonder why?  Tsk, tsk, ignorance perhaps?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 10:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:57pm:

Dr Mong.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Unable to answer the question, Soren?  I wonder why?  Tsk, tsk, ignorance perhaps?    Roll Eyes

What question, thicko?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 2:16pm

Why don't you go away till you can think of something sensible to say bwian.
That way we can all enjoy a lengthy retirement before hearing from you again. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #26 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:50am

Frank wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:57pm:

Dr Mong.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

What question, thicko?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Failed English Comprehension at school did we, Soren?   Tsk, tsk, perhaps we should deport you back to Denmark?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #27 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:50am:
Failed English Comprehension at school did we

And what's your Phd. in bwian?

Sounds like you're a Doctor of Bullshit.......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 1:01pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:50am:
Failed English Comprehension at school did we

And what's your Phd. in bwian?

Sounds like you're a Doctor of Bullshit.......

Nope no PhD.   Never had one, never claimed one.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 4:09pm

No bwain...  what a shame...  Bwian

Labor MP Justine Keay conceded she did not receive confirmation British citizenship had been renounced until after July election.

How very Malcolm Roberts of her Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print