Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
4 Reasons Anti-Feminist Women Hate Feminism (Read 17185 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 4 Reasons Anti-Feminist Women Hate Feminism
Reply #60 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 8:04pm

If a woman wants to hook a man she's got to do it early. If she's young and banging on about feminism good chances she'll end up alone. Blokes lose interest in woman as their testosterone decreases. If a woman is single and in her 30's or 40's finding a bloke would be hard. Blokes are firing in their teens and just aren't as eager in that age group. If a bloke has made it into his 30's or 40's single I doubt he's ever going to change. Feminism needed to happen but it's really affected population growth in the western world. It's definitely linked to why people are having less children.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2017 at 8:10pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Blue Jay

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 7:33pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 7:43pm:
I am supportive of the wishes of feminism but hugely disappointed by their failure.

They have made things better for a very small minority of Women while disadvantaging the vast majority. While this has never been their intention it is never the less a fact. The corporate world managed to hijack the agenda.

Women on the whole no longer have the option to raise their children - it has become economically unfeasible for the vast majority. Families are much worse off.

While women have seemed to get more equal pay rates it has been as much a case of the male rate coming down to meet the female level. In the terms of a family the corporate world have ended up with two employees for the effective price of one.

There was a time when an average male wage was enough to pay the bills - that is mostly no longer true, two wages are required to achieve the same result.

One of the bigger issues is the number of professional women who will never have a child. The cost of success in the feminist business world. Just another sad undesired result.

Unfortunately the negative results have far outweighed any positives, the sad result of a good idea with the best intentions.

That's an excellent set of points.  However, I would add that equal opportunity is an essential right for everybody.  I'm not saying you don't believe that, I'm saying that I (and the majority of people) do believe that.

I have a few things that anyone in this thread may want to consider.  I apologise, i'm not allowed to post links to support my arguments because I'm a newbie.

1. Since the rise of feminism, women's happiness index (over decades, many women interviewed) has plummeted.  The study was extensive.  In fact, the scientific study concluded that men were better off than women with the rise of feminism!  Men's happiness had not changed while women's happiness dropped significantly.

2. Wages have stagnated in line with the rise of feminism.  As the labour force expanded considerably, so did the supply.  Increased supply and stagnant demand drives down wages (as can be seen by studying wage trends).

3. According to wikipedia, less than 20% of women are feminists, yet, 85% of people believe in equal opportunity (ie. feminism does not correlate to equal opportunity in the slightest).

4. Among flawed comments from the original author, the original author said feminism doesn't hate men.  How can the original author speak on behalf of all feminists?  There are many videos and articles that are vitriolic towards men ("men" collectively, no caveats).  In this instance, I would say that I see significant hostility from many feminists toward males.

If you want an insight to feminism, you should listen to the factual feminist.  She tells it as it is.  If you're looking for someone to bust the many, many myths from feminsts, she is your champion.  She's been a feminist for many years and she researches thoroughly.  She dispells the "wage-gap" and violence myths (among a long list of others).

For another insightful perspective of feminsm, watch videos by Jordan Peterson.  He's a Canadian clinical psychologist from University of Toronto.  He has decades of experience and loads of videos on youtube.  Look for SJW and feminism along with his name.  He has a deep knowlege (eg. the most egalitarian countries have a bigger spread in career choices that men and women choose, which is backed by an indepth study across 35 countries).

There's a reason why the overwhelming majority of women throughout the western world (as stated by wikipedia) are not feminist.  If you can defend feminism (like the original author did) after listening to the factual feminist and Jordan Peterson, then I take my hat off to you.  The factual feminist wrote a book called "Who Stole Feminism?".  At one point she even said she'd seriously thought about stopping using the term "feminism".

Conversely, if you're a guy and you express negative comments toward women because of feminism, keep in mind that about 4 in 5 women (or in Germany and England, where the countries' leaders are female, 9 in 10 women) are not feminists.  That's good odds that a woman you are talking to rejects the ideology.  If in doubt, don't be afraid to ask them.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 5:20pm

mothra wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
“I don’t need female empowerment, because I’m not weak!”

“I’m not a feminist because I don’t hate men.”

“I don’t need feminism. I actually like cooking for my husband.”

I used to agree with a lot of statements like this. I thought feminists were only doing harm to themselves and others, and I proudly proclaimed that I was not a feminist.

"Men CAN'T Control Cr@zy W0men!!" Sane women will have to do something about the insane women. Petersen talking to Paglia (the most erudite woman writing today)

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #63 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:52pm

Frank wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 5:20pm:

I used to agree with a lot of statements like this. I thought feminists were only doing harm to themselves and others, and I proudly proclaimed that I was not a feminist.

"Men CAN'T Control Cr@zy W0men!!" Sane women will have to do something about the insane women. Petersen talking to Paglia (the most erudite woman writing today)

Societies have used allegations of insanity to discredit women and successfully shut us up for centuries.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #64 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 12:47am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:52pm:

Societies have used allegations of insanity to discredit women and successfully shut us up for centuries.

No point moving from a tried and true method then. Although that begs the question... What are you doing here having your say?

edit: The point I'm trying to make is, is your statement the current state of affairs or are you living in the past? Is it current or just a historical statement? Are you angry at history or the world you live in?
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2017 at 12:56am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 11:36am

Setanta wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 12:47am:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:52pm:

No point moving from a tried and true method then. Although that begs the question... What are you doing here having your say?

edit: The point I'm trying to make is, is your statement the current state of affairs or are you living in the past? Is it current or just a historical statement? Are you angry at history or the world you live in?

But it is not true even historically.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 6:32pm

This Topic was moved here from Women's Issues by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print