Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
About that Iceberg that broke off... (Read 5290 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

About that Iceberg that broke off...
Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:54am

Quote:
With all of the world media hype surrounding the iceberg that broke off of Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf, the MSM forgot that there were 5x bigger icebergs in 1956 and 1927 that broke off.

As well underwater volcanoes are responsible for the crack, not CO2 warming.

Add to this images coming from Icelandic Air pilots showing steam vents that have opened through the Greenland Ice sheet, which signals an awakening of new vents under that ice sheet.

All of the increases in volcanic and tectonic activity has been predicted as our Earth and Sun enter a grand solar minimum.

It is apparent in the traces of volcanic aerosols in the ice sheets that every grand solar minimum there are more volcanic eruptions.

This is what we are seeing now, but the MSM focuses on human causes for the iceberg, when they should be talking about the intensification of the Eddy minimum.

Nailed it...

https://www.sott.net/article/357072-M

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: About that Iceberg that broke off...
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 1:23pm

See my "I'm going to stop worrying about" thread and let it all hang out . . .well maybe not all of it.
There are ladies and.mothra present.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:32pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Quote:
With all of the world media hype surrounding the iceberg that broke off of Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf, the MSM forgot that there were 5x bigger icebergs in 1956 and 1927 that broke off.

Add to this images coming from Icelandic Air pilots showing steam vents that have opened through the Greenland Ice sheet, which signals an awakening of new vents under that ice sheet.

All of the increases in volcanic and tectonic activity has been predicted as our Earth and Sun enter a grand solar minimum.

It is apparent in the traces of volcanic aerosols in the ice sheets that every grand solar minimum there are more volcanic eruptions.

This is what we are seeing now, but the MSM focuses on human causes for the iceberg, when they should be talking about the intensification of the Eddy minimum.

Nailed it...

Mmmmm, I wasn't aware that Greenland was part of the Larson C Ice Shelf in Antarctica.  Gee, you learn something new everyday in Ozpolitics, don't you?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 9:25pm

Quote:

I think you and your conspiracy blog are being a bit paranoid Mechanic.
I did not see one media report that claimed that the Larson C iceberg was caused by the current Global Warming.

Quote:

Really?
More pseudo scientific nonsense from your conspiracy blogs

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:46pm

Yeah, the earlier icesheets that broke off reformed but the Larsen A & B ice sheets did nor reform not did the ice sheets around Greenland. The glaciers there are now accelerating their decline into what is now sea.

Big difference.

There are lies about Antarctic waters cooling—they are warming and that is why the West Antarctic ice sheet is about to slide into the Amundsen Sea, why the Larsen C ice sheet thinned by 4 metres.

So many problems with those silly videos.

I don’t know why the guy makes them—must get paid I am sure.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:16pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 9:25pm:
Quote:

I did not see one media report that claimed that the Larson C iceberg was caused by the current Global Warming.

Quote:

Really?

Yeah, Dubyne must have heard that more active vulcanism was a contributory factor leading to the LIA so he has been drumming up volcanic activity to support his weird new ice age thingo. Many weird and wonderful things are said.

Did you know a fox fell through thin ice into the Danube and was flash frozen?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy A lake in Melbourne turned pink and that is a sign of, you guessed it, an ice age!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Antarctic waters are cooling—so why the hell did the Larsen C ice shelf thin by 4m???

Nonsense piled on top of lie.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:19pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Quote:

Nailed it...

Great video - if only Jovial would watch it.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:22pm

Full of lies, booby. I pointed out a heap of the lies in Environment.

Dunno why you believe the obvious lies.

Those earlier ice shelves that broke off, new ice shelves were formed in their place. The Larsen A&B iceshelves—no new shelves took their place. The iceshelves around Greenland—disappeared and were not replaced.

2017 ≠ 1927. It is hotter now.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:42pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 1:22am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:32pm:
Mmmmm, I wasn't aware that Greenland was part of the Larson C Ice Shelf in Antarctica.  Gee, you learn something new everyday in Ozpolitics, don't you?    Roll Eyes

I was going to say something similar. But the point of his message, as I was reading it again just now, was that there were other icebergs larger than the Larsen Ice Shelf that have broken off. Meaning that this is just another usual even that has happened many times over the centuries dating back to Antarctica's formation.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:44am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 9:25pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Really?

I listen to Triple J at work and they reported the breaking off of the Larsen Shelf iceberg as a result of Global Warming in EVERY reporr. They didn't acknowledge the fact that the Antarctic ice mass had been increasing for the better part of a decade. Bias to the point of deceit.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #10 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:13am

No scientist said it was due to AGW.

The iceshelf had thinned by 4 metres due to warmer waters below and warmer air above.

Have to see if the rest of the ice shelf will break off and float away and if a new ice shelf will replace it: the Larsen A & B ice shelves did not reform.

So some things different, indicative of AGW but not the actual breaking away.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:53am

I distinctly remember a scientist interviewed on Triple J discussing global warming as the cause of the shelf breaking away.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:54am

Double post

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 9:41am

Well, that scientist was wrong.

I would apologise a la Booby but it is nothing to do with me.

The breakaway was nothing to do with AGW.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:12am

I don't know if it it is to do with Global Warming or not, but the national broadcaster is convinced it is.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print