Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Bendigo in uproar over mosque. (Read 7624 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Bendigo in uproar over mosque.
Reply #45 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 5:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:33pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:26pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:23pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:15pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 5:06am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:46pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The Mosque goes ahead legally.  The Islamophobes get upset.  Looks to me like they needed a stronger case but failed to find one.  Tsk, tsk. good to see the Courts protecting the rights of all Australians to worship where and how they like.    Cool

Another good reason to delete 116, should never have been there in the first place.

Section 116 does not guarantee Freedom of Religion, BigOl64.  Time you did some Constitutional Study.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
No special rights for religious groups

No special rights for certain religious groups?   Couldn't agree more, BigOl64.  Lets end the tax free status of the Christian churches.    Roll Eyes

The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

Yeah, righty-o, Ill get right on that degree in constitutional law, shall I?

Go for it, BigOl64.  I don't have one, nor never claimed one.  I have studied the Constitution though.

Quote:
NO, NO special rights for any religious group, delete all of section 116. Make all people equal.

Guaranteeing a freedom to all Australians does make them equal, BigOl64...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Guaranteeing special rights to only certain groups (religious) does not make them equal (non-religious or anti-religious groups), it makes them special.

Remove their special rights and make them exactly the same as everyone else, subject to privileges and obligations dictated by government, but no special right in the constitution right.

Seems fair

Good luck with your proposed referendum, BigOl64.  You have as much hope against the Pulpit as does any person who attempts to dictate on matters of conscious.   A right guaranteed to all Australians for religious freedom, is guaranteed to all Australians.   Simples really.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Where are the rights for non and anti-religious people?

Where are the right of other self interest groups, the tax exemptions, the right to hide crimes committed by workers and followers under some pseudo bullsh1t confession?

No group, especially those groups with NO foundation in reality should have ANY special rights. There is NO foundation for religion to be treated and different than a Dungeons & Dragons collective, the only difference is the D&D collective knows it is just fantasy.

This right ONLY guarantees a special right for religious people and NO-ONE else, so stop lying it is for all Australians when it is patently not.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 5:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:52pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:46pm:
They have taken our cities and are breeding like rabbits, now the country areas are under invasion, time to grow a weird beard so as to blend in.
Stop the invasion.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Move along folks, move along.  Nothing new to see here, just some tired old Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.   I wonder what happened to the Australian belief in a "fair go for all"?  When were Muslim Australians made an exception?    Roll Eyes
I would have agreed with you 30 years ago but recently I went to Lakemba.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:22pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
They have taken our cities and are breeding like rabbits, now the country areas are under invasion, time to grow a weird beard so as to blend in.
Stop the invasion.

Move along folks, move along.  Nothing new to see here, just some tired old Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.   I wonder what happened to the Australian belief in a "fair go for all"?  When were Muslim Australians made an exception?    Roll Eyes

The cameleers didn't do a bad job, it has been all down hill from their.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:36pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 5:22pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The Mosque goes ahead legally.  The Islamophobes get upset.  Looks to me like they needed a stronger case but failed to find one.  Tsk, tsk. good to see the Courts protecting the rights of all Australians to worship where and how they like.    Cool

Another good reason to delete 116, should never have been there in the first place.

Section 116 does not guarantee Freedom of Religion, BigOl64.  Time you did some Constitutional Study.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

No special rights for certain religious groups?   Couldn't agree more, BigOl64.  Lets end the tax free status of the Christian churches.    Roll Eyes

The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

Go for it, BigOl64.  I don't have one, nor never claimed one.  I have studied the Constitution though.

Quote:
NO, NO special rights for any religious group, delete all of section 116. Make all people equal.

Guaranteeing a freedom to all Australians does make them equal, BigOl64...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Guaranteeing special rights to only certain groups (religious) does not make them equal (non-religious or anti-religious groups), it makes them special.

Remove their special rights and make them exactly the same as everyone else, subject to privileges and obligations dictated by government, but no special right in the constitution right.

Seems fair

Good luck with your proposed referendum, BigOl64.  You have as much hope against the Pulpit as does any person who attempts to dictate on matters of conscious.   A right guaranteed to all Australians for religious freedom, is guaranteed to all Australians.   Simples really.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Where are the right of other self interest groups, the tax exemptions, the right to hide crimes committed by workers and followers under some pseudo bullsh1t confession?

No group, especially those groups with NO foundation in reality should have ANY special rights. There is NO foundation for religion to be treated and different than a Dungeons & Dragons collective, the only difference is the D&D collective knows it is just fantasy.

This right ONLY guarantees a special right for religious people and NO-ONE else, so stop lying it is for all Australians when it is patently not.

Appears you have problems understanding the written word, BigOl64.  As I've said, you're welcome to try a referendum proposal.   However, don't expect the Churches/Synagogues/Mosques/Temples/Stone Circles/etc. to agree with you.   You will be faced with opposition from the Pulpits across the nation and in the MSM from the Bolter and co.   Tone Rabbit will oppose you in Parliament.  I'll watch the bun fight with considerable interest.   You are entitled to your ignorance and misunderstanding about how the Constitution works and who it affects.

If you get your Referendum up, good on you but don't be surprised that the next Prime Minister will attempt to impose a state controlled and owned Religion all Australian citizens.

Freedom of Religion and Worship (including by the way, the right to not practice religion at all) is a fundamental right of a modern, liberal democracy.   Before we give up such a fundamental right, people tend to think long and hard about it.   Personally, I'll be voting against your Referendum unless some serious protections are put in place to prevent dictates about what I and other Australians can or cannot worship or where we can build a Church/Mosque/Synagogue/Temple/Stone Circle.  Gee, something like Section 116 in fact, to prevent persecution of people on the basis of their religious beliefs.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:38pm

Stop the invasion.

Looks like your belief in a "fair go for all" died then, Hammer.   Mine and most other Australians is still going strong.  Mine didn't falter the last time I visited Lakemba.  Perhaps because I actually believe in it and don't believe we should be persecuting groups for their religious beliefs?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #50 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:36pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 5:22pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Seems fair

Appears you have problems understanding the written word, BigOl64.  As I've said, you're welcome to try a referendum proposal.   However, don't expect the Churches/Synagogues/Mosques/Temples/Stone Circles/etc. to agree with you.   You will be faced with opposition from the Pulpits across the nation and in the MSM from the Bolter and co.   Tone Rabbit will oppose you in Parliament.  I'll watch the bun fight with considerable interest.   You are entitled to your ignorance and misunderstanding about how the Constitution works and who it affects.

If you get your Referendum up, good on you but don't be surprised that the next Prime Minister will attempt to impose a state controlled and owned Religion all Australian citizens.

Freedom of Religion and Worship (including by the way, the right to not practice religion at all) is a fundamental right of a modern, liberal democracy.   Before we give up such a fundamental right, people tend to think long and hard about it.   Personally, I'll be voting against your Referendum unless some serious protections are put in place to prevent dictates about what I and other Australians can or cannot worship or where we can build a Church/Mosque/Synagogue/Temple/Stone Circle.  Gee, something like Section 116 in fact, to prevent persecution of people on the basis of their religious beliefs.    Roll Eyes

What and have the same non-rights as everyone who isn't a deluded religious nut, how terrible for you.

You keep lying to try and cover up the fact the somehow this right if for everyone, when it most obviously isn't. But more and more people are turning away for the delusion of a bullsh1t god, and eventually religion will be nothing more than a joke and the referendum will put it in it's proper place.

I may not see that day, but it is come that's for sure. And it shall be a great day indeed, those criminal organisations will not longer have sect 116 to hide behind.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #51 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Stop the invasion.

Looks like your belief in a "fair go for all" died then, Hammer.   Mine and most other Australians is still going strong.  Mine didn't falter the last time I visited Lakemba.  Perhaps because I actually believe in it and don't believe we should be persecuting groups for their religious beliefs?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

No just take away their right and give them the same privileges or obligations the rest of us have, to be given or taken at the whim of the government.

Maybe they can have their religious text unexpurgated or heavily redacted, depending if it has hate speech or the potential to cause a criminal act.

If a bishop or priest does not report one of the many child rapist who confess to him, then charge him with facilitating a serious crime. Take property and money for churches as criminal organisations in much the same way you would criminal bikie gangs.

Make every single church pay their fkking taxes

Provide NO funds to any church or religion.

Eventually Australia will be a paradise on earth with no rights for anyone.

Make every one equal not just a few.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:53pm

Time to blow up Bendigo, stop this scourge in its tracks.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #53 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 7:11pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:53pm:

Halfwit

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 7:14pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 7:11pm:

Halfwit

Lets not resist them at all, let these nutters take over.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:01am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:36pm:

What and have the same non-rights as everyone who isn't a deluded religious nut, how terrible for you.

That is how the Australian political system works, BigOl64.  We all have "non-rights" and "rights" under common law.   There are arguments pro and con a Bill of Rights.  I am undecided whether to support such a system or oppose it.  What I do think though, is that freedom of religion and worship would be guaranteed under a Bill of Rights.

Quote:
You keep lying to try and cover up the fact the somehow this right if for everyone, when it most obviously isn't. But more and more people are turning away for the delusion of a bullsh1t god, and eventually religion will be nothing more than a joke and the referendum will put it in it's proper place.

I'm covering nothing up.   Your problem is that you believe that non-belief is not accord rights  when it is.  The right to believe must also accord a right to not belief, BigOl64 unless you believe we live in a theocracy and the Government has decreed that everybody must believe?

Quote:
I may not see that day, but it is come that's for sure. And it shall be a great day indeed, those criminal organisations will not longer have sect 116 to hide behind.

As I've said, good luck to you with your referendum proposal.   However, it will face a mountain of opposition from religious and non-religious groups and commentators.   Something you appear unwilling to acknowledge.  I wonder why?  Have you always been this delusional about religion?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #56 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:02am

Oh, dear, so the people of Bendigo don't get to choose to allow a Mosque to be built in their community?   Promoting violence?  Tsk, tsk, how typical of the Islamophobic mindset.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:12pm

Oh dear....  bwian ross
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:20pm

And blow up Melbourne, enough is enough.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:19pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The brothel goes ahead legally.  The Whoraphobes get upset.  Looks to me like they needed a stronger case but failed to find one.  Tsk, tsk. good to see the Courts protecting the rights of all Australians to fornicate where and how they like.    Cool

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print