Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
4 Corners - theft of water (Read 10502 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
4 Corners - theft of water
Jul 25th, 2017 at 7:01am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-24/top-water-bureaucrat-offered-confidential-...

Murray-Darling Basin Plan: Irrigation lobbyists offered access to confidential government documents

he top water bureaucrat in NSW, Gavin Hanlon, has been secretly recorded offering to confidentially share internal government information with irrigation lobbyists — documents he proposed to strip of government logos and share via a special Dropbox account — to assist their lobbying against the contentious Murray-Darling Basin Plan.

One of the cases under investigation by the former Strategic Investigations Unit involved a prominent cotton grower from the NSW and Queensland border at Mungindi, Anthony Barlow.
What is the Murray-Darling Basin Plan again?

The Murray-Darling Basin Plan has remained controversial ever since its introduction back in 2012. So, why is it back on the agenda?

Documents seen by Four Corners show he was pumping water during an embargo in 2015 which had been established to ensure sufficient water flowed down the Barwon-Darling system to replenish Broken Hill's dwindling drinking supply.

The embargo, which ran during the first six months of 2015, was gazetted under NSW law and publicly advertised.

But when questioned by NSW officials, Mr Barlow claimed he had received permission to take the water from the then NSW minister for water, Kevin Humphries.

"We sat in a Barwon-Darling water users meeting at Bourke where the then-minister, Kevin Humphries, stated on three separate occasions, after being questioned directly by the members of the room, is it an event-by-event basis? To which he said, 'Yes, it has to be announced that flow in the river is embargoed,'" Mr Barlow said.

"I thought that would be enough, he was the Minister."

Mr Humphries did not respond to a request for a comment.

In a formal briefing for senior departmental officials, investigators wrote that as many as 1.191 gigalitres — or 1.1 billion litres — may have been pumped on Mr Barlow's property Burren Downs in contravention of NSW law.

Mr Barlow declined to comment.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: 4 Corners - theft of water
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 7:03am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-24/sa-water-minister-calls-for-inquiry-over-m...

And the program showed how billions of litres of water, purchased by taxpayers and earmarked for the environment, was being used on cotton farms in New South Wales.

Mr Hunter called for an urgent COAG meeting to commission a judicial inquiry, saying it was needed to determine how much was known by members of the New South Wales Government.

"The New South Wales Government must answer the allegations made on tonight's Four Corners program," he said.

"If the allegations are correct, that at a very senior level in the public service in New South Wales that people have turned a blind eye to this, then that is very concerning."
What is the Murray-Darling Basin Plan again?

The Murray-Darling Basin Plan has remained controversial ever since its introduction back in 2012. So, why is it back on the agenda?

"There needs to be an independent judicial review — independent of government [and] independent of politics — [with] a senior judicial figure, because this strikes at the very heart of the public service in New South Wales, if the allegations are correct."

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 7:53am

Most politicians and their politics are just an opportunity to feather one's nest.
So cotton growers are doing the same thing and in part, crapping on everyone else down river.
Same as people cheating on their taxes. Pinching a grape from the supermarket.

Boo Hoo ... It's human nature to be greedy. 

Just don't be the last to realise ... the system is for gaming. And only idiots don't game it.
The system is collapsing and it's too late to stop it. So pull finger and rip as many people off as you can.

Make it your goal each and every day.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:03am by ____ »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:12am

____ wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 7:53am:
Most politicians and their politics are just an opportunity to feather one's nest.
So cotton growers are doing the same thing and in part, crapping on everyone else down river.
Same as people cheating on their taxes. Pinching a grape from the supermarket.

Boo Hoo ... It's human nature to be greedy. 

Just don't be the last to realise ... the system is for gaming. And only idiots don't game it.
The system is collapsing and it's too late to stop it. So pull finger and rip as many people off as you can.

Make it your goal each and every day.

partially correct.
pull your finger out and get on the narrow road to success
BUT you will do much better by contributing , giving first to your customers that you may recieve, developing an awesome reputation as a trustworthy person.

this is the paradox of how to "game the system".

no one owes you sh*t , you have to have faith that by contributing you will get more back.
you have to have faith that there is an abundance of wealth out there.
you have to have faith that the universe will reward you if you learn these principles , apply these principles and stick to the dammed principles every waking moment of every day.
if you go into 'taker mentality", if you ask "what can i get from this  person, from this politician, from this situation"....then you are screwed.
now get out there and make THIS your goal every day

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:25am

Success is measured by the amount of currency one steals from others.

Contributing is slavery. Why offer your talents when you are underpaid and under valued.

We are in a period of global anarchy. Most people haven't realised this yet and so it's still great pickings available to rip off and feather your nest with ... for the hard times ahead.

Next election. What's up app on your mobile and a dark coin cryptocurrency wallet. Sell your vote to the highest payer. At least then the screwing over is two ways.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:26am

if we want to grow cotton.....surely every idiot knows its needs water... a lot of water.....

maybe Penny Wong will explain the MDB plan...

she would have known about cotton and water wouldnt she?.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:29am

Hemp is superior to Cotton. Less water required, less chemical, grows on more marginal land.

It's opposed so some can screw over the majority with more expensive and thirsty cotton.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:29am

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:26am:
if we want to grow cotton.....surely every idiot knows its needs water... a lot of water.....

Cods,
it's about theft of water.

These guys were bypassing the water meters & stealing enough
water to partially fill Sydney harbor.

It looks like they will go to jail now -
4 Corners has got them & even the politicans are involved.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:36am

____ wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Success is measured by the amount of currency one steals from others.

Contributing is slavery. Why offer your talents when you are underpaid and under valued.

We are in a period of global anarchy. Most people haven't realised this yet and so it's still great pickings available to rip off and feather your nest with ... for the hard times ahead.

Next election. What's up app on your mobile and a dark coin cryptocurrency wallet. Sell your vote to the highest payer. At least then the screwing over is two ways.

contributing is how a "superior man" interacts with the world.
he operates with "no need for an outcome".
he draws his sense of satisfaction from within and he never relies on the environment to react to him to give him an outcome. this is how he learns to be non needy and non clingy.
This is how he goes from childhood to adulthood.

a woman can learn to contribute and give without the need for a payback by having a child and a man can do this with his children to some extent.

But a man still needs to be in contribution mode "all the time" if he wants to move up.

its fascinating that the greens are imploding now.
the system of being a taker and living in scarcity will always implode...it has no energy source to drive it.

to the superior man who just contributes for the joy of contributing, who just grinds it out because he is buzzed off of his own power....when such a man looks at the greens he sees children throwing tantrums, being all butt hurt, cowering in the corner, being very fearful and anxious and emotional...its like a small child who is scared of the dark.  if you want to break out of that, then you have to go through the fire , you have to do the hard yards, you have to take action.  thats why the greens attract people who are "stuck in their heads". they need to go have some kids and run some businesses and then they would have some real problems to deal with and they could stop "manufacturing problems"  Wink

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #9 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:48am

Quote:

Superior is relative. A slave who sings while picking cotton is superior to a slave quietly, planing his suicide.

All this money and poccessions these slaves have hoarded ... soon it will be worthless. When this occurs, will the slaves finally admit they were slaves?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:57am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:29am:
cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:26am:

Cods,
it's about theft of water.

These guys were bypassing the water meters & stealing enough
water to partially fill Sydney harbor.

It looks like they will go to jail now -
4 Corners has got them & even the politicans are involved.

I agree bobby  what I am saying is..

who ever came up with the MDB plan   should have known  about the cotton farms..and how much water they would need......

we cant expect to have an industry like growing cotton.....if we are going to deprive them of water in the long run.. its pathetic....

no I dont agree with anyone stealing anything....but at the end of the day... what was their alternative?????????????????.....

when I see how we waste water   .. this doesnt surprise me..

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:08am

____ wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:48am:
Quote:

Superior is relative. A slave who sings while picking cotton is superior to a slave quietly, planing his suicide.

All this money and poccessions these slaves have hoarded ... soon it will be worthless. When this occurs, will the slaves finally admit they were slaves?

money and possessions ARE already worthless.
its not what you GET, its what you BECOME.

the absolute best thing about achieving material success is that it will train you on the fact that it does NOT bring you any happiness whatsoever.

the great myth of modern society is that "i'll be happy when i get my first million or when i win lotto".

But if your emotional state is telling you that you have to get that to be happy, then you are becoming acclimatised to a state of unhappiness and ingratitiude for what you already have and when you get there, the happiness will be momentary at best.

like that new car you buy, it makes you happy for a week or so , but if you dont train yourself to be grateful all the time and to draw happiness from within, you are screwed.

but you may have to go thru the paradigm to rise above the paradigm.

thats why when i see young dudes chasing women and $$$, i dont discourage them. they have to get that, go thru that, see it doesnt work and then they can become a true man in their prime...learn the joys of passion, creation and contribution.

but if you are a butt hurt complainer who thinks winning gold lotto will make you happy forever...you have not even got to their level yet and probably never will.

i feel genuinely sorry for you.  you are screwed  Wink

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:11am

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:57am:
who ever came up with the MDB plan   should have known  about the cotton farms..and how much water they would need......

the farms have been allocated a set amount of water every year. It's up to them what they grow.
Farms taking what they need is the cause of the problem.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #13 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:14am

aquascoot wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:08am:
____ wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:48am:
Quote:

money and possessions ARE already worthless.
its not what you GET, its what you BECOME.

the absolute best thing about achieving material success is that it will train you on the fact that it does NOT bring you any happiness whatsoever.

the great myth of modern society is that "i'll be happy when i get my first million or when i win lotto".

But if your emotional state is telling you that you have to get that to be happy, then you are becoming acclimatised to a state of unhappiness and ingratitiude for what you already have and when you get there, the happiness will be momentary at best.

like that new car you buy, it makes you happy for a week or so , but if you dont train yourself to be grateful all the time and to draw happiness from within, you are screwed.

but you may have to go thru the paradigm to rise above the paradigm.

thats why when i see young dudes chasing women and $$$, i dont discourage them. they have to get that, go thru that, see it doesnt work and then they can become a true man in their prime...learn the joys of passion, creation and contribution.

but if you are a butt hurt complainer who thinks winning gold lotto will make you happy forever...you have not even got to their level yet and probably never will.

i feel genuinely sorry for you.  you are screwed  Wink

So you are after a soap box ... considering everything you have claimed is irrelevant, since it's non factual.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:16am

I would have thought the far north of Australia that has a big wet season would be where you would grow cotton not in the dry areas along the Murray Darling!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print