Send Topic Print
the love of the truth (Read 908 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
the love of the truth
Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:26pm

'the love of the truth'

This [religious] author says, that if we do not possess the love of the truth, we are condemned,
....by God himself.

I find no fault in his argument.

Quote:

"Every day information concerning politics, economics, social issues, psychology, religion, conspiracy theories, foreign affairs, entertainment and education issues inundates us. How much of it is actually true? How much do we truly need to pay attention to?

The man of sin opposes Christ. He will even claim to be God, and Satan will enable him to work miracles. Just before Christ's return, he will lead evil's greatest challenge ever against all that is good. The focus of the attack will be the destruction of truth. Only those who "receive the love of the truth" will be spared. If one does not have it [the love of the truth], he will be deceived, believe the lie, and be condemned.

....Every message to every church group in Revelation 2 and 3 concludes with "To him who overcomes." Christ's intent is clear. Our judgment is based upon growth in overcoming flaws involving character defects, evil self-centered attitudes and relationship problems with fellow man.

— John W. Ritenbaugh"

http://www.theberean.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Home.showBerean/BereanID/429/bblve...

"There are two ways to be fooled [deceived].
One way is to believe what is not true.
The other is to refuse to accept what is true."

- Soren Kierkegaard

Evil men are so easy to deceive.

They already love lies....

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

When we choose sin [as a path], we are actively choosing our own 'intellectual' confusion.

Today, is there any shortage of confused, directionless souls, in your household, your street, your suburb, your city ?

Q.
Do you believe that selfish pleasure seeking, can be a worthy or fulfilling 'direction' or path ?

We ourselves, are the 'gatekeepers' of our hearts.

We choose which spirits we allow [and invite] into our hearts.

And nobody [and no spirit] can compel us, to join with them.

No spirit can compel us, to choose the evil.

When we choose the evil, we ourselves choose it.

Is that, so unbelievable ?

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

The holy bible.

RELATED....
Heart transplant recipients, after they recover, have often reported having new interests and 'tastes'.
In many cases the donors family, have later confirmed that those particular new interests and 'tastes', belonged to the heart donor.

How can that be???
The heart is just a muscle.
Right?
Man's science tells us that it is so.
/sarc off

Google;
changes in heart transplant recipients, parallel the personalities of their donors

Google;
heart transplant recipients report strange changes

The truth.

God [our creator] knows a whole lot more about human physiology, ...than men do.

Jeremiah 17:9

Psalms 51:10-11

Read Ezekiel 36 [Ezekiel 36:26], for a description of what God will put into the hearts of his people.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: the love of the truth
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:37pm

I don't know about the 'love of' Truth,
especially in the Northern Hemisphere regions of Asia, Namerica, Europe & Middle-East.

But 'Truth' as a Power to be believed in,
comes to mind as something more of a success,
than as a 'love story'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print