Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Consolidated Rules for Relationships (Read 19035 times)
Mod.

OzPolitic

Consolidated Rules for Relationships
Jul 22nd, 2017 at 2:43pm

CONSOLIDATED RULES FOR RELATIONSHIPS:

1.       Quote:
  New Rules
Mar 31st, 2008 at 7:43pm   
Hello.

I'm your new Moderator. 

Here, we have a simple Rule.

You are at my complete mercy.

Just here.

2.       Quote:
      Advice/Alert for all.
Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:21pm   
While anyone who knows me will be aware that I will protect my patch.....said patch is not a place where the Forum Rules do not apply.  Now that we have two additional GMods, I will not think twice about asking them to ban anyone who takes my latitude beyond what I am happy with.

It is a pain in the arse going through FD's process of implementing a ban here, so from now on, if I've had enough of abuse here, I'll go straight to Big Vic and Setanta asking them to cut through the red tape.  They may well ignore me.

If said abuse is of me, I'll let them make the determination at first instance.

Stickied and locked.

3.       Quote:
Rule on posting personal information.
Oct 6th, 2016 at 2:48pm   
This is the Rule which applies to the entire Forum.

OzPolitic values the privacy of all members. Do not post personal information about other members without their explicit permission. This includes the contents of personal messages and emails, photos, names, IP addresses, phone numbers, locations etc. This includes information that can be found online and instructions on how to find information about specific members.  Such behaviour is considered stalking.

I am clarifying that or extending it if you like and this bit applies just here in Relationships.

It will be entirely irrelevant to me that a person may have posted their personal details (names, address, telephone number, email addy) here at OzPol even in the last second if you repeat or do anything, as follows.  Do not repeat that information or post a link to it or anything similar unless your doing so is accompanied by the express consent given and specifically addressed to you  personally by the relevant person immediately prior to your repeating it or posting a link to it or anything similar.  Your post which contains the repeat as aforesaid must contain a statement which identifies where and when that consent addressed to you personally was given to you by the relevant person.

For example....let's say I posted at 5.00 am this morning that my name is Joe Blow.  You will not be entitled to repeat that or post a link to it unless you have contacted me after 5.00 am this morning and I give you consent to repeating that name or providing a link or similar to it immediately before you do so.  Let's say you contact me at 5.30 am this morning seeking my consent.  I send that consent back to you at 4.00 pm this afternoon.  You read it at 4.01 pm.  You may only post the said information immediately, not any later.

So, there are two new elements.  (a) That consent must be addressed to you personally, not generally.  (b) There is a time limit on how long that consent remains valid. 

A breach of this Rule will have serious consequences.

4.       Quote:
Proxy posts for perm. banned person.
Mar 11th, 2017 at 2:14pm   
On another Thread, a member has been posting quotes made elsewhere by a person who is permanently banned at OzPol.

I've given  that matter some thought over the last day, and have decided that in Relationships, no-one may relay messages or requests or quote posts on behalf of any such person.  For example, if elsewhere, such a person asks that a Member post something on their behalf here, doing so, is not allowed.

Even if that person makes no such request, anything of that kind which is posted here breaches this, and it will be deleted.  If there are repeats, then further action is likely.

The whole point of a permanent ban is that the banned person may not 'communicate' with this Board in any way.  What I have termed, 'proxy posts' defeat that purpose, and are not permitted in Relationships.

5.       Quote:
  Member Names in Thread Titles.
Nov 20th, 2016 at 12:02pm   
I'd prefer that a Member's name not appear in Tread Titles.  If that does occur, it will be up to my discretion whether it remains as is, or I modify it, depending on the circumstances and Thread content.

6.       Asking/suggesting/promoting Bans:

From the 23rd July, 2017, I will be hiding/deleting any Thread commenced here or moved here if the purpose is to ask or suggest or promote that a person be banned.  Same will apply to any posts of that kind that I see.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2019 at 3:40pm by Mod. »  

IP Logged

Mod.

OzPolitic

Re: Consolidated Rules for Relationships
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 3:38pm

7.      While anyone who knows me will be aware that I will protect my patch.....said patch is not a place where the Forum Rules do not apply.  Now that we have two additional GMods, I will not think twice about asking them to ban anyone who takes my latitude beyond what I am happy with.

It is a pain in the arse going through FD's process of implementing a ban here, so from now on, if I've had enough of abuse here, I'll go straight to Big Vic and Setanta asking them to cut through the red tape.  They may well ignore me.

If said abuse is of me, I'll let them make the determination at first instance.

IP Logged

Mod.

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 7:51pm

8.  Posts made by other Posters.

If you quote a Post made by another Member, DO NOT change ANY word of their post in your quote of it.  If you delete some of what they have posted in such a way as I determine in my sole discretion changes the thrust of their post, that will also be a breach of this Rule and you may get a suspension.

IP Logged

Mod.

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 12:04pm

9.  Polls:

I thought I had posted a Rule on this, but I guess I made a post about it somewhere.  Polls are generally not gonna last long after I see them unless I deem it worthwhile which is highly unlikely, given I have no way of ensuring they are not contaminated by sock votes.

IP Logged

Mod.

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 9:09am

This Rule does not apply to Jovial Monk.  He is free to make as many absurd allegations/accusations about the mental state of other posters as he wishes, and they, likewise, are free to make as many adverse comments about his mental capacity as they like.  This amendment made 26th October, 2022.

10.  Unqualified 'expert' opinions.

I see it all over OzPol.  Opinions from lay idiots that someone is a psychopath, a sociopath, or has some sort of disorder, mental or otherwise, opinions from amateur wankers who have zero qualifications in the relevant area.

I am stopping the practice here from now on.  Any such, like or similar opinion expressed will be nuked by me, unless the Poster sends me proof of their ID and relevant qualifications.

Use of the words 'moron,' 'idiot,' 'stupid,' etc do not come within the ambit of this Rule.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2022 at 3:01pm by Mod. »  

IP Logged

Mod.

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2023 at 3:29pm

Rule 11.

Changing a Thread Title in a Post.

There is an existing Rule about my preference that a Member's name not be used in a Thread Title.

Over time, it is now emerging that there is an opportunity being taken way too often to abuse the software capacity to change the Thread Title in a Post.

This must cease as of today (28th September, 2023) but I will allow a short period of grace for Members to become aware of this Rule.

I will delete any post made from midnight tonight in breach of this Rule....if I see it or it is brought to my attention.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print