Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's not all bad news out there. (Read 341 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

It's not all bad news out there.
Jul 22nd, 2017 at 1:13pm

"Even after her death, her Facebook profile was inundated with messages praising the tragic news".

link

At last she won't be reducing magnificent creatures out there in the woods and the grasslands to heaped lumps of dead flesh while the offspring are waiting for their mother to return to the nest or the cave.

At the very end she finally woke up to herself, but it wasn't actually necessary for her to shoot herself.  She was probably overcome with guilt.

Quote ... "more than 1,200 m/s (3,900 ft/s) in modern rifles with high-performance cartridges such as the .220 Swift and .204 Ruger".

She kept slamming these bits of hot metal into the innocent bodies of biggish animals who were simply minding their own business while chewing on grass.

Even Marla wouldn't be as dopey as that.

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2017 at 1:40pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Re: It's not all bad news out there.
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 3:41pm

I have never understood the need to kill an animal for "sport". With the range some shoot from, hardly a chase and hardly sport. Hunters often talk of the thrill: I said to one if you want a thrill swim in a creek in north qld that has saltwater crocs. I'll even give you a knife. Bit too much of a thrill!

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 4:26pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 3:41pm:
I have never understood the need to kill an animal for "sport". With the range some shoot from, hardly a chase and hardly sport. Hunters often talk of the thrill: I said to one if you want a thrill swim in a creek in north qld that has saltwater crocs. I'll even give you a knife. Bit too much of a thrill!

I enjoy spearfishing.

In the water with all the bities, but at least I get to pick what I want to eat.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 4:31pm

I like fishing too. But just line fishing. Coral trout, red emperor, barramundi, nice.
And I eat them.
I don't feel the need to spend $US50,000 to go to Africa to shoot a lion with a rifle, only really visible in my scope.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 6:18pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 4:26pm:
I enjoy spearfishing.

In the water with all the bities, but at least I get to pick what I want to eat.

You're very brave.

I would have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that a shark would be coming along soon to take a piece out of me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print