Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anyone want to know what Kevin has been doing.. (Read 1189 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

anyone want to know what Kevin has been doing..
Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:15am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/kevin-rudd-political-memoir-to-be-twovolumes-an...

KEVIN Rudd may be one of the shortest serving prime ministers in Australia’s history but he has just signed a multi-volume book deal to tell his story.

The Australian reports that the former prime minister has signed a deal with publishers Macmillan for a two-volume memoir.
The first volume, Not for the Faint-Hearted: A Personal Reflection on Life, Politics and Purpose 1957-2007, will be published on October 24.

That first book will look at Mr Rudd’s early life and winning the 2007 federal election where he ousted John Howard.

“Political autobiographies are basically a dime a dozen,” Mr Rudd said this week. “They have been around for a long, long time and many of them are deadset boring. I hope this one doesn’t turn out to be too boring. I’ve tried to make it as reflective and self-analytical as possible.”

Macmillan believes we have much to learn about Mr Rudd.

“Who was the man behind the phenomenally successful Kevin07 campaign, this Mandarin-speaking, family-focused, churchgoing, ‘here-to-help’, policy wonk from rural Queensland?” it said. “Rudd chronicles a childhood shaped by the love of his mother and tragically disrupted by the death of his father, an event that left the family without a home or an income and which would foster Rudd’s passion for social justice and forge his political vision.”

I wonder if it will tell us about his pumped up EGO Wink Wink

is everyone excited?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: anyone want to know what Kevin has been doing..
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:16am

Send me your address and I'll send you a copy for Christmas cods. Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:42am

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:16am:
Send me your address and I'll send you a copy for Christmas cods. Grin Grin Grin

"KEVIN Rudd may be one of the shortest serving prime ministers in Australia’s history but he has just signed a multi-volume book deal to tell his story."

Well, I guess they all jump on the political bandwagon just like all the sportsmen/wpmen who are suddenly 'retired' and need a book or two to keep the family living in the custom to which they have become entitled

In Rudd's defence however, at least he is writing and promoting his book outside of the Parliament and using his own money , unlike Mr Abbott - who served a shorter term as PM than Rudd and actively travelled the country on taxpayers' funds to promote his book "Battlelines"

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:45am

Vic wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:42am:
Well, I guess they all jump on the political bandwagon just like all the sportsmen/wpmen who are suddenly 'retired' and need a book or two to keep the family living in the custom to which they have become entitled

I don't think it's about the money, not for Rudd anyway.
I suspect it's more about seeing his name on peoples bookshelves.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:10am

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:16am:

done!.. I like a good laugh at chrissy time.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:13am

I hope he mentions in his book  how he pulled our borders down, said sorry to the aborigines without our approval and screwed the economy.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:19am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:13am:
I hope he mentions in his book  how he pulled our borders down, said sorry to the aborigines without our approval and screwed the economy.

that will be in the fine print I am sure.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:25am

cods wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:19am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:13am:

that will be in the fine print I am sure.. Roll Eyes
I hope so. The Witch and him where the worst prime ministers Australia  ever had. A total basket case. Usually when a leader  fails at their job they lick their wounds and buy an island somewhere. He feels the need to keep projecting himself on us for some silly reason.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 1:28am

Admittedly, I would pay money to get a copy. As much as I dislike the guy, I would like to know what the f is his problem.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 1:50am

anyone want to know what Kevin has been doing..

NAh

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:39am

Anyone want to know what Kevin has been doing..?
Nope.

Unless he's donated his body to Gunther von Hagens. While still alive. I'd go and have a look then.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:04am

I honestly believe that the reason Rudd was ousted by people in the background was because he stood up in parliament and announced that Australia needs a commonwealth bank.

That, I think is what made the power brokers decide to change leaders.

Not to mention he gave $45 billion dollars to the Australian people to spend rather than the bankers in 2008 GFC.

That probably didn't help either.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:06am

Ajax wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:04am:
I honestly believe that the reason Rudd was ousted by people in the background was because he stood up in parliament and announced that Australia needs a commonwealth bank.

Not to mention he gave $45 billion dollars to the Australian people to spend rather than the bankers in 2008 GFC.

did you forget the ,millions he gave Africa to win their vote so he could sit on the UN>. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

looks like you may have

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:07am

Quote:
KEVIN Rudd may be one of the shortest serving prime ministers in Australia’s history but he has just signed a multi-volume book deal to tell his story.

You all know that Rudd served for almost twice as long as Abbott who is the 10th shortest serving PM.

Rudd is the 16th longest serving PM.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:11am

cods wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:06am:
Ajax wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:04am:

did you forget the ,millions he gave Africa to win their vote so he could sit on the UN>. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

looks like you may have

The system no matter how good your intentions are will in the end corrupt you...................... Cheesy

I believe initially Rudd was good for the country as his intentions and actions show until he lost his job.

No other leader in the world would have the balls to say that their nation needs a national bank.

And every other leader in the world gave the BILLIONS to the bankers, only Rudd gave it to the people.

You should pay credit where its due.

But in the end he did lose his way, I agree on that.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print