Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New South Wales - home of the death spiral (Read 2372 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
New South Wales - home of the death spiral
Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:42pm

Seriously who in the hell would want to live in New South Wales unless they had to

I'm an old guy now, too late for me but if I were young I would be bailing out of New South Wales at a thousand miles an hour

Consider this - Housing in Sydney is totally out of control. Now renters of units are having to pay the same rate as for houses. Rent increases are going up not 5 bucks a week but 50 bucks a week each year and climbing

Young couples even if they are both pulling 100K a year don't have enough to get into the housing market which is dominated totally by overseas Chinese buyers. Don't be put off by the penalties they have to pay they are chicken feed for the burgeoning new middle class overseas Chinese with money to burn

Sydney is a shambles with the lunatic and already obsolete Light Rail which on projections will start 'at capacity' when the new section rolls out. It takes up so  much limited space on Sydney and  will produce bugger all, ever been on one of those sh.tty little light rail trains, they are crowded and crap

Then we have enormous toll rises on the horizon for roads are already chewing up the motorists dollars

So secret are the new toll rises that 'Big Beak Berejiklian' won't disclose how much they are

Then we have the incredulous Berejiklian decision to erase the pricing authority on Gas thereby giving the Gas companies the 'free kick' of the century so they can charge whatever they like

Tack that onto the fact that Ex Premier Mike Baird sold off the Electricity Grid which has now recorded record rises in pricing, something that bullsh.t artist promised wouldn't happen

But hey, he bailed with a golden parachute and is now raking in millions form Banking at the big end of town..one bloke who won't have to worry about his power bill

So...welcome to New South Wales but don't turn up in Sydney unless you are pulling 300K a year...you might be able to afford a fibro at that rate

Photo Sydney first home buyers enjoying their purchase
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:53pm by red baron »  

homeless2.jpg (58 KB | 45 )
homeless2.jpg

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Re: New South Wales - home of the death spiral
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:23pm

.....waiting for Centrelink to open more like it

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:39pm

If I ran for govt as a single issue 'no more immigration for Sydney ' party, would you vote for me?

IBI

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:39am

Gordon, not so much about immigration as it is about the hoardes of Chinese buyers snapping up everything like piranha on a feeding frenzy

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:40am

Just move out to the coast mate.  I have families in central coast, port Macquarie, and friends down near Eden.  Beautiful places, and more reasonable housing cost.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:49am

red baron wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:39am:
Gordon, not so much about immigration as it is about the hoardes of Chinese buyers snapping up everything like piranha on a feeding frenzy

Yes and no, but the simple fact is population growth is outpacing infrastructure and has been for years.

The answers are to get top rate managers to fix it (wont happen) or stop immigration.

Here's a sign of how ridiculous Sydney property prices are, I could sell an investment unit which I've never paid a cent of principle on, pay off the mortgage balance and buy a 4BR home outright up the coast.

IBI

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:55am

Gordon wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:49am:
red baron wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:39am:

Yes and no, but the simple fact is population growth is outpacing infrastructure and has been for years.

The answers are to get top rate managers to fix it (wont happen) or stop immigration.

Here's a sign of how ridiculous Sydney property prices are, I could sell an investment unit which I've never paid a cent of principle on, pay off the mortgage balance and buy a 4BR home outright up the coast.

YES, Population Growth has continued!
NO, Population Growth is NOT arising from the Fertility rate remaining High, as it was during the Baby Boomer years!

So, the Reality is that the OZ Fertility Rate is now & has been for some years, BELOW THE STANDARD REPLACEMENT RATE!
This means, the OZ Population should Plateau first, then reduce, as is happening in Japan & elsewhere!

BUT, IT IS NOT & one should ask our Pollies (ALL OF THEM), WHY THEY ARE FOLLOWING THIS "PLAN OF ACTION" & WHAT THEY EXPECT MAY/IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN? 

That said & as usual, what they say they expect, IS VERY UNLIKELY TO ACTUALLY HAPPEN AND THE ACTUAL RAMIFICATIONS ARE LIKELY TO BE MONSTEROUS!!!

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:56pm

tickleandrose wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:40am:
Just move out to the coast mate.  I have families in central coast, port Macquarie, and friends down near Eden.  Beautiful places, and more reasonable housing cost. 

One cannot simply move house when huge taxes must be paid to do so.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:06pm

I know people who have turned up time after time at Sydney house auctions

There isn't one they have been to that didn't get purchased by Chinese buyers???

The system has reached chronic failure

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:07pm

I'm a Sydney - NSW person.
I have lived in Melbourne for 7 years and discovered that its just the same **** with a different smell.
Maybe if all the States were not 'generalised' (like Sydney has AFL, Melbourne has NRL) like a Pauline Hanson's ONE NATION, and were allowed to 'be different', then maybe they might just 'smell'.

I left Sydney late last year - no job, no place to live, but in a Tent in some really nice Nat Park and bushland places.
All is good now. Living on the coast, good job, etc.

I found living in the Riverina a surprise.
Plenty of work, Booming Food Industries.
The 'Rural' people (because the Riverina is more 'rural', than it is 'country') are very nice people and it was like a trip in time, where you can leave your car window down on a main street parking.
I found the people of the Riverina are very 'friendly' people.
I would live again at Leeton and life 'out there'.
But I also enjoy my 'scuba diving'.

If Australia is being run like NSW, which is being run like Sydney (which is being run by everyone from Over Seas or Ex-Patriot Australians) - then it is a very LOST CAUSE.

NSW/Sydney had its Golden Era back before 2000AD
Now, its 'out of control' and shows all the signs of a...

SUPER NOVA effect!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:09pm

IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 6:36pm

Quote:
NO, Population Growth is NOT arising from the Fertility rate remaining High, as it was during the Baby Boomer years!

So, the Reality is that the OZ Fertility Rate is now & has been for some years, BELOW THE STANDARD REPLACEMENT RATE!
This means, the OZ Population should Plateau first, then reduce, as is happening in Japan & elsewhere!

BUT, IT IS NOT & one should ask our Pollies (ALL OF THEM), WHY THEY ARE FOLLOWING THIS "PLAN OF ACTION" & WHAT THEY EXPECT MAY/IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN? 

That said & as usual, what they say they expect, IS VERY UNLIKELY TO ACTUALLY HAPPEN AND THE ACTUAL RAMIFICATIONS ARE LIKELY TO BE MONSTEROUS!!!

Dude, I dont wanna be rude, but this is a forum for politics and I assume you have heard of capitalism?

Capitalism kinda relies on continuous growth, regardless of origin, to make the numbers add up....

It's just basic economics man...

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 7:31pm

Moriaty wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 6:36pm:
Quote:

Dude, I dont wanna be rude, but this is a forum for politics and I assume you have heard of capitalism?

Capitalism kinda relies on continuous growth, regardless of origin, to make the numbers add up....

It's just basic economics man...

Yep - USA is very 'quantity' over 'quality'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 9:29pm

As long as rises in consumption levels are equaled by an ever rising supply of "money" what could possibly go wrong?

Unless the plebs realise that "money" is a concept built on the non-existent foundation of "productivity" of the plebs.

GDP includes government spending! WTF!!  Huh

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 8:48am

It has already 'gone wrong' Moriaty, incidentally welcome to the 'bull ring'

Pay rises have been almost flatline for years yet the housing market continues to surge

This is because there is a never ending supply of cashed up Chinese who are fuelling the demand

If the demand dropped off the heat would go out

Just wonder how long it will take when Sydney eventually becomes a satellite city of China

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print