Send Topic Print
Highway Robbery (Read 3794 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Highway Robbery
Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:27pm

This is what you will be faced with if you want to drive in Sydney and New South Wales:

IT now costs up to $40 a day in tolls to travel to and from the north shore to the eastern suburbs of Sydney.
Drivers can expect to pay more as new roads like NorthConnex and Westconnex are built with money from extending, increasing and reintroducing tolls.
To help fund the Westconnex motorway tolls are returning to the M4 and M5.
To help pay for Northconnex tolls on the M7 will rise for trucks plus the M2 and Lane Cove Tunnel tolls may be extended.
NRMA local director Tim Trumper said if you need to drive across Sydney the only feasible choice is a motorway, run as a monopoly or by the NSW Government.
Motorways should refund tolls when there are avoidable delays for example for poor maintenance and late running road works, Mr Trumper said.
“It’s time motorists got what they paid for,” he said.
All other transport services are subject to independent price and performance oversight and toll prices should be no different, he said.
“Our preference is for the M7 model, the tolls on which are CPI-linked.”
A spokeswoman for Minister for Roads Duncan Gay said Northconnex will slash travel times and the entire Sydney Orbital network has largely been delivered through partnerships with private companies.
“If people find good value in good infrastructure, they will likely use it and motorists will always have a free alternative route,” the spokeswoman said.
When Transurban upgraded the M2 in 2013, at a cost of $550 million, the NSW Government contributed to the cost with a four-year extension of the tolls on the M2.
Transurban which, operates and co-owns many of Sydney’s toll roads including the M2, the M7, the Eastern Distributor, the Lane Cove and Cross City tunnels, has said it supports a user-pays system for roads.

*A huge new rollout of increased Tolls are expected by Premier Berejiklian is staying close mouthed about anticipated huge rises for motorists in tolls

This bitch just can't stop milking the golden cow

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Highway Robbery
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:29pm

"tolls"   Grin

You eastern states guys are silly.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:36pm

Yes Gregg there seems to be a mind set around that if you want good roads then you have to pay a toll here. What a load of crap. I recall that part of every petrol dollar purchased is supposed to go to road construction

Where are all those hundreds of thousands of millions of dollars going?

It is just a total ripoff and another way for the Government to screw the taxpayer
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:43pm by red baron »  

IP Logged

donincognito
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:29pm:
"tolls"   Grin

You eastern states guys are beholden to corporate overlords and are no longer governed with your interests at the forefront.

fixed that one for you.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:52pm

See what I mean?

Drivers taxed almost 40 cents on a litre of fuel will get less than nine cents back in the form of spending on roads next financial year, according to calculations by the national motorists' umbrella group.

The rest of the tax revenue - worth close to $10 billion - will go towards helping the Government reach the $1.5 billion surplus it has promised for 2012-13.

The Australian Automobile Association has told the Government it is concerned that funding for road building and improvements will be cut by 38 per cent, or more than $2.6 billion in the coming Budget year.

This was based on calculations using the Government's own forward spending projections.

"Over a four-year period it is projected that there will be a $36 billion shortfall between the amount of fuel tax paid by motorists and investment in land transport infrastructure," the AAA said in its Budget submission to Treasurer Wayne Swan.

The AAA calculates the Government will get $57 billion in fuel excise from motorists over the next four years and invest just $21 billion in land transport.

The revenue comes from the 38.1 cents-per-litre (cpl) fuel excise which has been frozen since 2001.

In 2011-12 the excise will provide 15.9 cpl for road funding, the AAA has calculated. But in 2012-13 that will fall to 8.4 cpl for roads, and will rise by only two cents over the next three years.

"The Federal Government continues to direct surplus revenue from motorists to consolidated revenue even though transport expenditure is falling," said the AAA Budget submission.

"The AAA is concerned that the share of fuel excise being directed to road funding is projected to fall from 15.9 cpl in 2011-12 to an average of just 10.9 cpl over the Budget forward estimates."

The Government is not obliged to allocate a set slice from its 38.1 cpl fuel excise to road and rail projects, but motoring groups have consistently demanded a significant amount be returned to road users.

However, the heavy reliance by this and past governments on the excise to bulk up the general spending pool has meant that most of the revenue is used elsewhere, and drivers paying $1.50 a litre cannot expect a tax cut.

And much of the road funding in the coming financial year will go towards repairing flood damage, which the NSW Government has estimated will cost $500 million in its state alone.

The AAA said more money should go to reducing road accidents it says cost the national economy $27 billion a year.

It called on the Government to spend more on fixing "black spot" road stretches with a bad record for accidents.

The national road toll is close to 1400 deaths a year with more than 30,000 people seriously injured.

Originally published as Revealed: Where your fuel taxes are really going

***  This Tax when is was first formulated was supposed to be spent in its entirety on building and maintain roads

You can see that ONLY 9 CENTS OF EVERY 40 CENTS COLLECTED GOES THERE RIP OFF CENTRAL

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:56pm

That's correct Baron - the Govt. steals the petrol tax &
spends it on fat cat public servants etc.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:28pm

....the user should pay....Gladys for PM

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:37pm

Get the train, Red. You won't look back.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:38pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:56pm:

And we use the train, dear.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:43am

Karnal luckily for me I live in the Blue Mountains and have escaped the tyranny of the tolls that drivers going to work in Sydney face every day

Poor buggers working stiffs get reamed royally by Big Beak Berejiklian

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:53am

Swagman wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:28pm:

user does pay

every time they pay rego
every time they fill up with gas

the user doesn't stop paying.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:54am

Didn't toll roads or private roads disappear in England in the 19th century? We had to wait for late 20th century Australia for them to be reinvented.

I don't go near metropolitan areas fortunately.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:55am

They should increase fuel taxes instead of using tolls. This is what you get for whinging constantly about the price of fuel, like it is a harbinger of doom just because the prices are plastered in big letters on the side of the road. The government is not game to touch it. So instead you get freeways that are designed to be difficult to get on and off easily, so you can't evade the tolls. And you have to sign up for electronic monitors just so you can drive to work. And you get poor people taking the longer route through the suburbs to save money. Tolls are used in cities where the cost of roads on a per user basis are the lowest. In rural areas where the relative cost is higher, they wouldn't put up with it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:57am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:29pm:
"tolls"   Grin

You eastern states guys are silly.

Oh, yes.

Just imagine if any State government here in WA tried to introduce toll roads seeing as we already seem to be the most expensive State when it comes to keeping a car on the road.

I can't think of a quicker form of political suicide.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #14 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:59am

But in rural areas there usually isn't more than one feasible route from A to B, so there isn't scope for a free alternative.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:02am

the biggest problem i have is that if govt. needs money to fund a road (and they shouldn't because they only use about 22% of what they currently raise through petrol for roads), why doesn't the govt. run the toll? charge a toll, once the road if paid for, remove it. No need to sell our roads to private corporations

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:04am

Swagman wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:28pm:

The user/exploiter should pay - Gladys for the gallows....

I thought this strand was going to be about the new national Liberal Party head honcho - the then incumbent state premier who purchased himself a 1/16th share in the 'privatisation' of the F.4 into the M.4..... another one of those Central European 'business' types... in about the same vein as your cocaine baron in Colombia... a fine mix of State control coupled to ruthless self-interest, as pervades the Centre of Europe and the Middle East...

Oh - look - Gladys the Jackal Captain Hook is one of those as well......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:10am

bogarde73 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:54am:
Didn't toll roads or private roads disappear in England in the 19th century? We had to wait for late 20th century Australia for them to be reinvented.

I don't go near metropolitan areas fortunately.

Only when I have to.... thing about those 'free alternatives' is they first stuff them up with stop signs and such so they are virtually undriveable.

Anyone recall the old 'rat runners' scare campaign when the **coughs** 'privatised' M.4 was running?  Anyone who chose to use the 'free alternatives' was vilified as some kind of low-life using suburban streets when they should have been doing as swag demands, and paying their dues to Nick Greiner (respected elder statesman) in his capacity as both state premier and a huge shareholder in the M.4 that his 'government' sold off ....

So now, when it suits the SAME PARTY - people can always use the free alternative..... try it some time and see how you go...

Ah, the joys of being there at the time and having the memory of an elephant.....  difference between us old bastards and the young guns is we KNOW the difference.... they only 'know' what someone else told them ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:14am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:38pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:56pm:

And we use the train, dear.

.. and pay through the nose for that to, since Gladys Captain Hook was the 'minister for transport'....

Where DOES NSW get these people who go into politics?  I used to know Milton Morris, the old Libs Minister for Transport, he refused toll roads (apart from the original Sydney - Central Coast one to pay for itself like the Harbour Bridge  - oops - did I mention that in Gladys' hearing??)  and even refused unmarked police cars to catch motorists because it wasn't 'playing the game'....

Now all we have is paid-for corporate vultures in the Liberal Party in NSW...somebody lock the gates....

(footnote:-  Luke Foley has all the impact of a wet piece of toast)....

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:19am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:22am

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:02am:
the biggest problem i have is that if govt. needs money to fund a road (and they shouldn't because they only use about 22% of what they currently raise through petrol for roads), why doesn't the govt. run the toll? charge a toll, once the road if paid for, remove it. No need to sell our roads to private corporations

I think it's closer to 100%.

If the government ran the toll, they would have to build the road also, so it would cost twice as much.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:25am

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:22am:

not according to the article in reply 4.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:26am

If the government ran the toll, they would have to build the road also, so it would cost twice as much.

not necessarily. They can still contract out to the lowest bidder.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:43am

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:02am:

Where has that been proven to be the case, freed?  When governments do these jobs, they contract out much of the design work and such, and then hire a host of contractors... the difference is they are not paying a horde of shareholders, board members and ceos and such to duplicate the same work of oversight and running the show.

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:52am

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:25am:

"Over a four-year period it is projected that there will be a $36 billion shortfall between the amount of fuel tax paid by motorists and investment in land transport infrastructure," the AAA said in its Budget submission to Treasurer Wayne Swan.

What about regular maintenance?

Quote:

And pay them with what?

Quote:
Where has that been proven to be the case, freed?  When governments do these jobs, they contract out much of the design work and such, and then hire a host of contractors... the difference is they are not paying a horde of shareholders, board members and ceos and such to duplicate the same work of oversight and running the show.

You don't think they contract that bit out also? And do these contractors have CEOs overseeing their work? Or does everything just function like clockwork because the government is in charge?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:57am

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:52am:
And pay them with what?

they could do what govt's used to do before they all jumped on the privatisation bandwagon

sell some govt. bonds

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:00am

land transport includes rail.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:06am

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:00am:

Last time I looked into this it was very easy. The government published total petrol tax revenues and total expenditure on roads from all levels of government. Looks like the AAA went looking for spin rather than fact.

Do you think fuel taxes should pay for rail?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:08am

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:06am:

Last time I looked into this it was very easy. The government published total petrol tax revenues and total expenditure on roads from all levels of government. Looks like the AAA went looking for spin rather than fact.

I think fuel taxes should pay for roads. That's the justification they used to implement them, that's what they should be spent on

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:14am

Quote:

And pay them with what?

Quote:

You don't think they contract that bit out also? And do these contractors have CEOs overseeing their work? Or does everything just function like clockwork because the government is in charge?

Not quite that simple - of course those contracted companies have their mouths to feed etc... and yes, it is possible for a government to contract out the oversight of the project as a whole.

Thing is - once the project is up and running, those contractors are no longer contracted for oversight, and thus have no mouths to feed.. and if the government then runs the show, they have no shareholders etc to feed.

Thus far, and I have no fear of contradiction here - every 'privatised' public venture has caused a massive rise in costs.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:54am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:37pm:
Get the train, Red. You won't look back.

5 days a week to go to work? How much is that?

Do you walk to the station or drive to park & ride?

That's still using petrol.

Bet it's more than $40 a week.

Tolls are a rip off ... in Brisbane up to & over $5 for a one way trip.

How much do you think tradies & truckers & trucking companies pay per week?

Commercial vehicles are charged more.

This is just theft ... & it's occurring with LNP & Labor govts. at the helms of state govt.

Already paid for by the tax payer .... we are then slugged by private enterprise corps who have been handed control of these roads practically gratis to travel them.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #30 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:59am

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:08am:
freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:06am:

I think fuel taxes should pay for roads. That's the justification they used to implement them, that's what they should be spent on

Is that really all? We should run our country based on what politicians spun us decades ago?

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:14am:

Quote:

And pay them with what?

Quote:

Not quite that simple - of course those contracted companies have their mouths to feed etc... and yes, it is possible for a government to contract out the oversight of the project as a whole.

Thing is - once the project is up and running, those contractors are no longer contracted for oversight, and thus have no mouths to feed.. and if the government then runs the show, they have no shareholders etc to feed.

Thus far, and I have no fear of contradiction here - every 'privatised' public venture has caused a massive rise in costs.

Like the NBN?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 12:58pm

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:59am:
Is that really all? We should run our country based on what politicians spun us decades ago?

yep, that's all. Call me silly but I like people to do what they say they will do.

Like the NBN?

the NBN is a stuff up because the libs thought they could use it for political point scoring.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 3:33pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 12:58pm:

yep, that's all. Call me silly but I like people to do what they say they will do.

Like the NBN?

the NBN is a stuff up because the libs thought they could use it for political point scoring.

They are probably dead by now. But you still expect them to keep their promises, and us to keep them on their behalf? Don't you think there are better things to base our decisions on than the spin of a dead politician?

The NBN is so expensive because the government did not run it like a business. They ran it like a communist regime. No amount of contracting it out to the lowest bidder or not paying shareholders can make up for that.

And what was your point about land transportation including rail? Were you trying to show that the AAA had done their homework properly?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:09pm

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 3:33pm:
They are probably dead by now. But you still expect them to keep their promises, and us to keep them on their behalf?

the govt. doesn't die.

The NBN is so expensive because the government did not run it like a business. They ran it like a communist regime. No amount of contracting it out to the lowest bidder or not paying shareholders can make up for that.

bullsh1t. Govt. screwed around with the NBN for politics sake.

And what was your point about land transportation including rail? Were you trying to show that the AAA had done their homework properly?

no, it merely showed that your comment was wrong.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #34 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:17pm

The grubberment waste sooo much money on raod repairs.

Simply because they continually cut corners and go cheap.

If they built the roads properly in the first place, they would last longer and the road crews coud actually build more roads instead of continually repairing the sub standard ones we have.

It all comes down to grubberment greed and stupidity.

Time for a revolution

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #35 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:27pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:17pm:

If they built the roads properly in the first place, they would last longer and the road crews coud actually build more roads instead of continually repairing the sub standard ones we have.

Time for a revolution

Valkie, the government is going to send agents to your house to steal the cash you have stuffed in your mattress, chuck you out of your house, and turn you into the streets earning your living selling government propaganda brochures from a street trolley.

They will give your money to Muslims who will use it to bring more Muslims to live in Valkie's former house and steal jobs from Valkie's former employer.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #36 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:35pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:27pm:

Time for a revolution

Valkie, the government is going to send agents to your house to steal the cash you have stuffed in your mattress, chuck you out of your house, and turn you into the streets earning your living selling government propaganda brochures from a street trolley.

They will give your money to Muslims who will use it to bring more Muslims to live in Valkie's former house and steal jobs from Valkie's former employer.

You really are in a bad way little troll.

I have read your posts over the last couple of days.

Every one of them is insulting, derogatory and infantile.

Are you having a bad time widdle trolly wolly?

Have the burgers been burning on you?

The only reason someone like you acts they way you do is because you have no control over your life and try to build you own self importance by belittling others.

I understand this little troll, and know you will never get any better.
Simply because you will never, ever have a real life nor be anything more in life than an utter failure.

Troll away little troll.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:48pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:09pm:
They are probably dead by now. But you still expect them to keep their promises, and us to keep them on their behalf?

the govt. doesn't die.

bullsh1t. Govt. screwed around with the NBN for politics sake.

no, it merely showed that your comment was wrong.

Are you arguing that I am wrong because the AAA is incompetent? Or did you just completely miss my point?

Do you think that we should keep every promise ever made by any past government on the grounds the "government doesn't die"? Is that really the best you can come up with?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:21pm

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Are you arguing that I am wrong because the AAA is incompetent? Or did you just completely miss my point?

no, I'm arguing that the information you provided was deceptive given the point we were debating at the time. Instead of scrambling to try and justify it, accept it and move on.

Do you think that we should keep every promise ever made by any past government on the grounds the "government doesn't die"? Is that really the best you can come up with?

If i'm paying for a service, I expect to get that service. I don't care if it's the govt, telstra, you or the queen mother. The govt. claimed (and continues to claim ) that the tax on petrol is charged to pay for the cost of building and maintaining roads. I don't know why your pretending it was something someone said 50 yrs ago. They still say it each and every time someone whinges about the tax on petrol.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mattywish

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:58pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:35pm:

Time for a revolution

The only reason someone like you acts they way you do is because you have no control over your life and try to build you own self importance by belittling others.

Simply because you will never, ever have a real life nor be anything more in life than an utter failure.

Troll away little troll.

He's a childish piece of human excrement, like that pathetic juvenile TROLL, Kameel. Ignore them, Valkie. Save it for the Muslims.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #40 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:11pm

Mattywish wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:58pm:

Time for a revolution

Troll away little troll.

He's a childish piece of human excrement, like that pathetic juvenile TROLL, Kameel. Ignore them, Valkie. Save it for the Muslims.

I believe that he needs to be helped.

But first he needs to acknowledge his failings.

I see nothing more than to help him see the light.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mattywish

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:19pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:11pm:
Mattywish wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:58pm:

Time for a revolution

Troll away little troll.

I believe that he needs to be helped.

But first he needs to acknowledge his failings.

I see nothing more than to help him see the light.

You can't reason with these people, Valkie. They'll never see the light.

Bullet in the back of the head - that's the only thing that'll wake these ferkwits up.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:58pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:21pm:

no, I'm arguing that the information you provided was deceptive given the point we were debating at the time. Instead of scrambling to try and justify it, accept it and move on.

Could you perhaps put this point of yours in a sentence? So far all you have done is provide a demonstration of AAA's incompetence and made vague claims that it proves something about what I said.

Quote:

If i'm paying for a service, I expect to get that service. I don't care if it's the govt, telstra, you or the queen mother. The govt. claimed (and continues to claim ) that the tax on petrol is charged to pay for the cost of building and maintaining roads. I don't know why your pretending it was something someone said 50 yrs ago. They still say it each and every time someone whinges about the tax on petrol.

Here is what you actually said:

Quote:

I've heard some pretty stupid justifications for supporting a policy before. That is one of the worst.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:00pm

$40 a day each way = $80 a day = $400 a week = $20,800 a year... how many small business can afford to cop that kind of pressure on wages?

The thing about the 'privateers' is that they lack any genuine economic sense other than how to rip a few more dollars out of the long-suffering public and out of small businesses, and have no concept whatsoever of the long term effects on everybody.  They fervently hope, of course, that by the time their bitter fruit falls from the tree, they will have enough stashed away to tide them over for a few centuries.... pack of thieves.  Should their business fail, or some 'radical' government come in and re-possess the 'private enterprises', these 'business' people have a safety valve - signed contracts by the incumbent government to bail them out in the event of failure or re-possession.

Only  a government with real balls would come in and tear up the contracts and ignore their whining and pushing things through the courts... if the courts don;t handle reality - sack the courts as well.

A pack of overpaid, self-entitled fools if you ask me.

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:04pm

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:58pm:
Could you perhaps put this point of yours in a sentence? So far all you have done is provide a demonstration of AAA's incompetence and made vague claims that it proves something about what I said.

AAA didn't say the figure was just for roads, you did Cheesy Cheesy

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:58pm:
I've heard some pretty stupid justifications for supporting a policy before. That is one of the worst.

where did I say I supported the policy?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #45 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:09pm

Quote:
AAA didn't say the figure was just for roads, you did

No they didn't. I said it was BS spin from the AAA. The fact that they are bitching about the rail budget not matching petrol taxes hardly discredits that. Do you have an actual point?

Quote:
where did I say I supported the policy?

Right here:

Quote:
that's what they should be spent on

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:16pm

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:09pm:
No they didn't. I said it was BS spin from the AAA.

that's why you used their figures to try and argue it was more like 100%

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:09pm:
Right here:

no, I'm holding the govt. to their word. I'd prefer we didn't pay tax on petrol. But that's never going to happen.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:30pm

Quote:

No I didn't John. Not sure how you could misunderstand something so simple.

Again, do you have a point to make?

Quote:
no, I'm holding the govt. to their word. I'd prefer we didn't pay tax on petrol. But that's never going to happen.

You want to subsidise road transport? What should we tax instead to raise the revenue?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #48 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 4:22pm

freediver wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:30pm:
Quote:

Quote:

You want to subsidise road transport? What should we tax instead to raise the revenue?

Welllllllllll

The old joke abot taxing the air we breath........

Well its coming, pollution tax or carbon tax, next its oxygen tax.

the Grubberment will find a way.

May they all die of a horrible, nasty, painful and disgusting disease................soon

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #49 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 6:57pm

I can't remember a sustained period when the NSW Government has ripped the living daylights out of its taxpayers like this Government has under Baird and Big Beak Berejiklian

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 6:00am

Quote:

Quote:

We don't tax anything to raise the revenue - we compel governments to live within their means and stop wasting ours............. and to focus entirely on their job and not their 'business opportunities' and self-aggrandisement in many ways, including the utter waste of time and money in paying their mates big dollars to sit on some 'commission' or other and suck on the public teat.

I've said it before - since the violent insertion of the GST, State governments have seen more billions pass through their sleazy hands than ever in their history - and the results are piss-poor to negligible, and in many ways negative to the well-being of the people, and all they ever do is cry poor.  At the same time state governments have considered their magnificent handling of all this cash as a good excuse to line their own pockets mightily for life, and in more ways than one.

All that money should be going into OUR infrastructure, such as roads, rail, power, gas and so forth - not into their pet projects or nice little earners set up for the mates and cronies, and not into their stupid privatisation ventures that cost us an arm and a leg... we pay three times for toll roads - fuel etc taxes, GST, tolls + GST - where are our roads, Gladys? 
(in her mate's bank accounts)....

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 7:55am

I think it's closer to 100%..

You want to subsidise road transport?

I didn't mention subsidies. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Why do you feel the need to lie on every topic? No matter how mundane the topic, you insist on pretending people said something other than what they said. Are you incapable of making a point without lying?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 8:23am

If Australia's Big Cities had a 21st Century train service like they have in Japan, no one would be nuts enough to do their commuting in the family car.

Fast and cheap.

It's pride of ownership that keeps you car-owning egotists heading off to the toll-roads each morning instead of the humble practicalities of catching a bus and a train.

Berejiklian is spending multi-millions on the road systems instead of upgrading the train systems to the 21st century, and that's because the demand is there from you drivers who refuse to support public transport.

So don't NOW whinge and moan about the 'toll roads' needed to pay for your extravagances of wanting to drive your car to and from work.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print