Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NSW Lib Berejiklian digs Libs grave (Read 1446 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
NSW Lib Berejiklian digs Libs grave
Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:35am

Just when I thought NSW Premier Gladys  Berejiklian could not possibly get any worse, she goes and confounds me

On Channel 9 News last night the was a story on how traders in George Street Sydney were being so adversely affected by the construction of the Light Rail through the city's heart, that many were going to the wall. Others had sold their homes to rescue their businesses other were having to use their superannuation

The NSW Government hasn't given a cent's compensation to the traders even though their clientele have been reduced to a TRICKLE DUE TO THE ENORMOUS DISRUPTION OF THE CONSTRUCTION

BEREJIKLIAN'S GLIB REPLY TO THE CLAIM WAS THAT ONCE IT IS BUILT THEY WILL GET AN UPSWING IN BUSINESS

What a total joke! By the time this white elephant  is finished the traders will be a memory because they will have gone to the wall

Berejiklian has one thing in common with her predecessor Mike Baird

Both haven't got the first clue as to how the average working person makes ends meet

This is a particularly Liberal trait

Further Gladys is banging on enormous extra road tolls. NSW is the State of Highway Robbery...literally. If you are coming for a holiday in Sydney and intend to drive. Put aside a couple of hundred for the road tolls..you'll need it

NSW great place to live in..and particularly Sydney....THAT IS IF YOU EARN 200K a year

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: NSW Lib Berejiklian digs Libs grave
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:41am

Perhaps it is a case of business beware.

The businesses affected have known for years that this would occur and so they should have moved.

Tough but then business is a tough business - the smart survive.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:01pm

Well actually no, they haven't known for years because the extension of the Light Rail through Sydney happened only in the last few years

Those businesses..include nearly all of them have been there a lot longer than that. I know because I have seen those very businesses where they are for a  long, long time....

No one in their right mind would want to take over a business that has concrete works, barriers, drilling,  excavation, heavy duty trucks, cranes and road closures ear splitting noise  outside their front door

The owners are prisoners with no way out except bankruptcy

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:03pm

juliar wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:41am:
Perhaps it is a case of business beware.

The businesses affected have known for years that this would occur and so they should have moved.

Tough but then business is a tough business - the smart survive.

yeah .... I'm sure the landlords would all have let them walk away from their leases.

you're a typical lib. No friggen idea.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:17am

Quote:
BEREJIKLIAN'S GLIB REPLY TO THE CLAIM WAS THAT ONCE IT IS BUILT THEY WILL GET AN UPSWING IN BUSINESS

Seems like a dubious one liner to me. I see no justification to support a conclusion that when their white elephant is in place there would even be a return to the previous business levels. Many people who have made other arrangements will never return and their is no real incentive to attract others.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:59am

Very well said, red baron.

I too saw that flippant reply from Berejiklian, and thought was a cold-hearted bitch she must be to so easily dismiss these business owners who are only a step away from having to give up everything and go live in caravan parks.

The NSW government should obviously be compensating these business owners for the amount they are losing to the road works.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:03am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:17am:
Quote:

Seems like a dubious one liner to me. I see no justification to support a conclusion that when their white elephant is in place there would even be a return to the previous business levels. Many people who have made other arrangements will never return and their is no real incentive to attract others.

Berejiklian lives alone with no husband, boyfriend, or children, and so it's quite likely her cavalier attitude towards the business people along that strip of road is borne of pure ignorance.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm

I predict that Gladys Berejiklian will lead her Liberal Party right over the edge of the cliff at the next State Election

It will be an electoral bloodbath

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:27pm

I heard on the news the other night that the outrageous Sydney toll system will cost the average worker over $400,000 during their working lifetime    Shocked

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:22pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:27pm:
I heard on the news the other night that the outrageous Sydney toll system will cost the average worker over $400,000 during their working lifetime    Shocked

And that's another of many reasons I left Sydney.
The only time they are 'Freeways' are from late at night, to early morning and the occasional weekend (not long weekends).
Sydney is a Scam.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print