Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Pressuring Australians To Work Until 70 (Read 3888 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Pressuring Australians To Work Until 70
Reply #30 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:03am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:41pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:18pm:
whiteknight wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:58am:
Arthur Caboolture, Queensland
People aged 50 to 70 will be expected to bounce all over town looking for 30 non-existent jobs a week until their 70th birthdays. Centerlink will crucify them for missing appointments, which will happen when you're middle-eged to elderly and stressed to buggery by all this and need to see your doctor frequently and are unable to get bulk-billed. They'll lose their benefits at the drop of a hat and have to sell their homes and downsize to caravan parks, which will become a real growth industry. Watch the suicide rate in that age bracket to go through the roof!
That's my vision for the future.
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

That's what they want. They want you to sell your house to a chinaman or one of these parasitic investors Sad

It's a scandal -
we paid for others to get the pension from heavy taxes
but we won't get it ourselves.

It's the ultimate theft.

Bobby, you have a welfare entitlement mentality. Why don't you expect to be financially self-sufficient at age 60+?

Yeh and rely on some super scammer to lose all of your savings every time there is share market melt down !! I think we all deserve better than that !

You are one of life's little failures aren't you?

Only you could fail as miserably as you have during one of Australia's most prosperous times, you sad fkk.

How much did you lose in the crash ?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #31 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:05am

Gordon wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:49pm:
I never want to stop working. I love my work Smiley

Most likely it will not be your decision.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #32 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:10am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:38am:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 2:27pm:
People aged 50 to 70 will be expected to bounce all over town looking for 30 non-existent jobs a week until their 70th birthdays. Centerlink will crucify them for missing appointments, which will happen when you're middle-eged to elderly and stressed to buggery by all this and need to see your doctor frequently and are unable to get bulk-billed. They'll lose their benefits at the drop of a hat and have to sell their homes and downsize to caravan parks, which will become a real growth industry. Watch the suicide rate in that age bracket to go through the roof!
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

That's what they want. They want you to sell your house to a chinaman or one of these parasitic investors Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Bobby, you have a welfare entitlement mentality. Why don't you expect to be financially self-sufficient at age 60+?

I don't have enough super & I have more than most people.

My financial advisor said I'd need $600 K &
I have no where near that.

How many people here have over $600K in super?

I do but you realise that if you have over $800K you don't get the pension anyway ?

You can do ok under $600K with a part pension.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #33 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:16am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:03am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Yeh and rely on some super scammer to lose all of your savings every time there is share market melt down !! I think we all deserve better than that !

Only you could fail as miserably as you have during one of Australia's most prosperous times, you sad fkk.

The one that happened 9 years ago?

A hundred K or so, but I have made it back and then some, it is what happens with invested money, you do know that don't you?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #34 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:21am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:41am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Bobby is correct. Spending a life time paying high tax rates with a long term known goal at the end was reasonable. Whoops the goal posts are moving right at the end when it is too late to do anything about it.

We have always been happy to pay for the pensions before us and now it is deemed more important to pay for the unafordable Howard tax cuts to wealthy Australians.

Thanks you -

After a lifetime of being taken by friends an enemies alike & then just
when you feel you have your possessions sure -
your health begins to fade -
it's the ultimate theft.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:22am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:10am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

I do but you realise that if you have over $800K you don't get the pension anyway ?

hello - if you need to retire at 60 you'll have to survive on
say 100K or 200k of super - it will soon run out before you reach 70.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #36 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:28am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:16am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

A hundred K or so, but I have made it back and then some, it is what happens with invested money, you do know that don't you?

OK so you had a small investment and didn't lose much, Mine took about 3 to 4 years to get back.

The point made by Nail is valid, we do need to cross our fingers with market investment dependant savings it can go very badly and there are unscrupulous players it is largely unregulated and because money is rorted over such a long period of time it is difficult to catch.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #37 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:33am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:28am:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:16am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

OK so you had a small investment and didn't lose much, Mine took about 3 to 4 years to get back.

The point made by Nail is valid, we do need to cross our fingers with market investment dependant savings it can go very badly and there are unscrupulous players it is largely unregulated and because money is rorted over such a long period of time it is difficult to catch.

Losing a $100k is no small loss for anyone, but I did make it back in about the same time as you. It was not unscrupulous super investor, it was just the arse fell out of everything. I did not cry like a little nails bitch, just kept on going just like I was supposed to,

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #38 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:38am

Quote:
The Per Capita report cautioned against assumptions that working longer is achievable, beneficial and desirable for everyone.

Australians are being asked to work longer without a clear sense of whether this is a realistic expectation

“The availability and quality of paid work and how those not in work will build and maintain a sense of identity are issues of importance for ageing in Australia that have received little consideration.”

As The New Daily has reported, there are certain occupation groups – such as construction workers – for whom longer careers are physically impossible

“The potential dignity of retirement for those in certain occupational groups for whom paid work is a near impossibility is also being overlooked by many advocates and policy makers.”

The article and a number of posters seem to make the false assumption that the Government do not understand where the truth is more that they don't give a rats ....

This isn't about retirement age it is about when they have to start paying for it.

It isn't that they do not understand that manual workers can not work till 70 it is that they don't give a damn about workers, that's their problem.

They don't seem to get that "assumptions that working longer is achievable" is irrelevant, they don't care if it is or not as long as they don't have to pay for it.

Much better to give huge tax cuts to big business.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #39 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:47am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:33am:

Losing a $100k is no small loss for anyone, but I did make it back in about the same time as you. It was not unscrupulous super investor, it was just the arse fell out of everything. I did not cry like a little nails bitch, just kept on going just like I was supposed to,

It looks small from my perspective having lost many multiples of that. Neither of ours were due to unscrupulous or incompetent investors. I doubt that Nail was specifically pointing at you or me when he made his comment. There are poor performing players in the market and there are rip offs.

However the nature of the market is risk and one day it may not work out. Remember as well that these down turns don't stop when you retire.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #40 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:51am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:47am:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:33am:

It looks small from my perspective having lost many multiples of that. Neither of ours were due to unscrupulous or incompetent investors. I doubt that Nail was specifically pointing at you or me when he made his comment. There are poor performing players in the market and there are rip offs.

However the nature of the market is risk and one day it may not work out. Remember as well that these down turns don't stop when you retire.

Yeah a mate of mine dropped an absolute bundle, but as you do, sucked it up and made most of it back. It happens in the big numbers too.  Smiley

It is about risk, the higher the risk, the higher the loss / reward.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #41 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:53am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:22am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Unfortunately as you likely know retirement in those terms is not viable, you would have to claim unemployment benefit and look to subsidise that from your super that I think you can draw a proportion after 60.

If you found yourself in that position some professional advice would come in handy but it may not be as bleak as you may think.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 1:50pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:53am:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:22am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Unfortunately as you likely know retirement in those terms is not viable, you would have to claim unemployment benefit and look to subsidise that from your super that I think you can draw a proportion after 60.

If you found yourself in that position some professional advice would come in handy but it may not be as bleak as you may think.

Try to survive for 10 years on say $200K when you still have a mortgage to pay.
When you're over 60 -  no one will give you a job.
Centerlink will make you jump through hoops to
get a lousy $242 per week.

It's very bleak indeed for so many hard working Australians over 60.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #43 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 2:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:51am:

I like it when I have something interesting to do.

I reckon using a theodolite would be interesting.

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #44 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 2:12pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:51am:

I like it when I have something interesting to do.

I reckon using a theodolite would be interesting.

I like fixing things - mechanical, electrical & electronic.
I like sharpening: tools, knives & scissors -
anything to keep me busy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print