Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Pressuring Australians To Work Until 70 (Read 3855 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: Pressuring Australians To Work Until 70
Reply #15 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 5:58pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 3:29pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:41pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:18pm:
whiteknight wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:58am:
Arthur Caboolture, Queensland
People aged 50 to 70 will be expected to bounce all over town looking for 30 non-existent jobs a week until their 70th birthdays. Centerlink will crucify them for missing appointments, which will happen when you're middle-eged to elderly and stressed to buggery by all this and need to see your doctor frequently and are unable to get bulk-billed. They'll lose their benefits at the drop of a hat and have to sell their homes and downsize to caravan parks, which will become a real growth industry. Watch the suicide rate in that age bracket to go through the roof!
That's my vision for the future.
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

That's what they want. They want you to sell your house to a chinaman or one of these parasitic investors Sad

It's a scandal -
we paid for others to get the pension from heavy taxes
but we won't get it ourselves.

It's the ultimate theft.

Bobby, you have a welfare entitlement mentality. Why don't you expect to be financially self-sufficient at age 60+?

Yeh and rely on some super scammer to lose all of your savings every time there is share market melt down !! I think we all deserve better than that !

You are one of life's little failures aren't you?

Only you could fail as miserably as you have during one of Australia's most prosperous times, you sad fkk.

you're on the gyro aren't you. what are you talking about f.ckface ?

Big Ol is obviously pointing out he has the protocols to shoot firearms through the interwebs  Grin

It's been his running joke for decades: go pretend trolls because, obviously, trolls are imaginary!

Hey, we should all catch up at the traino and drop artane and drink metho  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #16 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:00pm

...and what the bugger is 'the gyro?'

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:44pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 6:00pm:

The gyro is a pommy word for the dole.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:49pm

I never want to stop working. I love my work Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 7:51am

Gordon wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:49pm:
I never want to stop working. I love my work Smiley

I like it when I have something interesting to do.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #20 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:48am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:44pm:

Here is me thinking that in the greatest time to make decent money that fkkwit nails is still a povo loser, and it turns out he is a whinging pommie.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:54am

It really depends on what you do.  I can imagine an accountant, doctor, or a lawyer working to 70s.  But I cant see a policeman, fireman working to 70s.   In the ADF, people have to retire by 60, and usually by then, many people are broken.  Working to 70s, its crazy!  And seriously, are we asking a 65 year old, with history of heart disease, lung problem, going to 30 different job interviews a week, when he have to attend like 5 different doctor's appointment.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:07am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:48am:

Here is me thinking that in the greatest time to make decent money that fkkwit nails is still a povo loser, and it turns out he is a whinging pommie.  Grin Grin Grin

It's actually a word he picked up from Pommy TV shows.
You're wrong again but forgiven.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #23 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:11am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:07am:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:48am:

It's actually a word he picked up from Pommy TV shows.
You're wrong again but forgiven.

I suppose you would pick up a few foreign words here and there if you spend all day lying on the couch watching TV and realising the absolute uselessness of your existence.

No need to forgive  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #24 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:11am

Crane operator Alan Blevin unimpressed by expectation he will work until he is 70

Sydney Morning Herald
May 2 2014

Imagine a construction site filled with 70-year-old workers.

For crane operator Alan Blevin, the federal government’s announcement it will raise the retirement age could make this vision a reality.   Sad

On Friday, Treasurer Joe Hockey revealed Australians born after 1965 will have to continue working until they are 70 before they can access the age pension.

That means Mr Blevin, who is now 47, will be one of millions of people forced to stay on the job for more than 20 years before he is eligible for the pension.

"It’s unthinkable," he says. "There is no chance I will be able to work until I am 70.

"My left knee is already giving in because I’m bending down, loading gear from trucks and guiding cranes all day. But I can’t afford to just stop. I have to keep paying the rent and bills.’’

The rise to 70 by 2035, which is quicker than recommended by the National Commission of Audit, will be particularly tough for people in manual jobs, says Mr Blevin, who lives in Sans Souci and works 60 hours a week on a Zetland building project for Becton.

"When you are driving a crane it’s mentally exhausting, too. You can’t slack off because you could kill someone. You have to be sharp and alert. I know a few guys in their mid 50s now who are struggling now even though they are quite fit for their age."   Sad

After working as a bricklayer's labourer for more than 15 years, Mr Blevin retrained as a crane driver to ease the pressure on his back. Although he now earns about $2000 each week, his income is unpredictable.

"One minute you have a good run of work, the next you might not have work for months. You take what you can get and just put up with it.

"Ideally I’d like to cut back to 30 hours a week in the next 10 years. My wife is studying to be a psychologist so it might be possible once she is qualified. But you can’t predict the future."

With daughters about to have families of their own, Mr Blevin said he would like to retire by 65 so he can spend time with his grandchildren.

"I’m sure the politicians won’t be going until they are 70. It’s ridiculous. But at least I’d get a discounted bus pass to get to work.   Sad

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #25 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:18am

whiteknight wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:11am:
Crane operator Alan Blevin unimpressed by expectation he will work until he is 70

Sydney Morning Herald
May 2 2014

Imagine a construction site filled with 70-year-old workers.

For crane operator Alan Blevin, the federal government’s announcement it will raise the retirement age could make this vision a reality.   Sad

(

You have to ask, is this person an impossible retarded human or a fkken union stooge whose job it is to deliberately spread lies and misinformation? A little from column A and a little from column B.

First up thanks to his union he will have a very impressive super which he can legally access at 60, yes 60. What he can't do is receive a taxpayer funded pension, which due to his massive Superfund he probably wouldn't get anyway.

For FKK Sake people do your own fkken research.  Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #26 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:38am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 2:27pm:
People aged 50 to 70 will be expected to bounce all over town looking for 30 non-existent jobs a week until their 70th birthdays. Centerlink will crucify them for missing appointments, which will happen when you're middle-eged to elderly and stressed to buggery by all this and need to see your doctor frequently and are unable to get bulk-billed. They'll lose their benefits at the drop of a hat and have to sell their homes and downsize to caravan parks, which will become a real growth industry. Watch the suicide rate in that age bracket to go through the roof!
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

That's what they want. They want you to sell your house to a chinaman or one of these parasitic investors Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Bobby, you have a welfare entitlement mentality. Why don't you expect to be financially self-sufficient at age 60+?

I don't have enough super & I have more than most people.

My financial advisor said I'd need $600 K &
I have no where near that.

How many people here have over $600K in super?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #27 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:41am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:38am:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 2:27pm:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

I don't have enough super & I have more than most people.

My financial advisor said I'd need $600 K &
I have no where near that.

How many people here have over $600K in super?

Now no, at retirement, absolutely

It's called planning, genius

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #28 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:41am

God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Bobby is correct. Spending a life time paying high tax rates with a long term known goal at the end was reasonable. Whoops the goal posts are moving right at the end when it is too late to do anything about it.

We have always been happy to pay for the pensions before us and now it is deemed more important to pay for the unafordable Howard tax cuts to wealthy Australians.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #29 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:53am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:41am:
God help us!!!!!!!   Sad

It's a scandal -

It's the ultimate theft.

Bobby is correct. Spending a life time paying high tax rates with a long term known goal at the end was reasonable. Whoops the goal posts are moving right at the end when it is too late to do anything about it.

We have always been happy to pay for the pensions before us and now it is deemed more important to pay for the unafordable Howard tax cuts to wealthy Australians.

That'll teach you to have a welfare mentality won't it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print