Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Myths busted on the gender pay gap (Read 8790 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Myths busted on the gender pay gap
Reply #15 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 8:07am

no woman can be truly fulfilled unless she is with a great man.
a great man goes out into the world and goes to war in business and gives his all and then, in order to recharge he needs to come home and have the adrenaline and cortisol dissipated from the day of brutal work and relentless effort.
only a feminine woman can perform this vital work
and by this polarity and synergy, no man can be truly fulfilled if he doesnt have a nurturing and feminine woman to come home and recharge him so that the next day he can go out and crush it for the both of them.

man on his own =  1
woman on her own = 1

man plus woman in relationship where they both try to be clones of each other and practice eqaulity 

1 + 1 = 2.

man plus woman in relationship where each fully commits to the roles i described and recognises the awesome power of the polarity of the sexes and the role requirements thereof

1 + 1 = 11.

you synergise and supercharge your awesomeness capabilities when men act as men and women act as women.

most women DO NOT want to win, they want to be with a winner  Wink

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #16 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 8:53am

Quote:
In their 2016 Global Gender Gap Report, it is estimated that, at current rates, it would take another 170 years to close the global pay gap between men and women.

Ahhh it's the GLOBAL pay gap now.  Cunning.

That means if a lady in Kuwait is a nurse for a Dinar a day, while her countryman gets a million dinars for doing nuffin, its on us to balance the global average.  Nothing is more important than averages.

Barring the establihsment of ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT, that enforces one pay rate for all us serfs - zero - they're always going to have something to complain about, and the grievance commissars futures are secured. 

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:05am

it will never change until women say enough is enough....if unions create a uniform pay say rate for whatever the job is...

then why isnt it adhered too.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. not many jobs now are  Male/female only like in years gone by...

nursing is a classic example   how would it be if female nurses were paid more than male    because it is their domain???... Roll Eyes..same with teaching   it was mainly a female career ...please dont tell me male teachers earn more than females....... Angry

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #18 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:12am

cods wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:05am:
...please dont tell me male teachers earn more than females......

They don't.  Not in Australia anyhoo. 

Such is the beauty of using a GLOBAL AVERAGE to fabricate grievances.  Its not enough to be responsible for our own societies anymore, now we have to amend for imbalances in the pay for the entire world.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:22am

... wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 8:53am:

you missed this bit

The pay data for Australia certainly isn’t bucking this trend. It doesn’t matter which way you look at it, there is consensus that the gender pay gap exists. Even though the overall gap in Australia has reduced slightly over the past two years, according to data from the ABS women still make 16.2% less than men.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:24am

What the hell are you on about Cods?

Those who don't pay correctly are usually the "employers".

Oh & the employers can be male or female.

The whole gender pay gap is a load of bollocks.

And just what do women have to say "enough is enough" about?

btw more & more males are leaving or not choosing to enter education.

And for those males that stay or start ... no their pay is no different to female teachers.

Quota systems are in place in companies all over Australia for employing women, ATSI'S & people of the LGBITQ persuasions.

The company I work for even advertised positions for "women only".

The Anti-Discrimination Act allows this blatant discrimination so companies can meet their quotas.

An absolute joke IMHO.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:28am

it will never change until women say enough is enough....if unions create a uniform pay say rate for whatever the job is...

then why isnt it adhered too.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. not many jobs now are  Male/female only like in years gone by...

Union negotiated Agreements, and Modern Awards don't have 'male' and 'female' pay rates.

The minimum rates in those documents apply to all workers, no matter whether they're men, women, gay, bi, trans, etc.

The key word is 'minimum', though.

As long as everyone is receiving the minimum rate, there is nothing stopping an employer from paying certain employees more than that.

Personally, I know of both men and women who are being paid more than the minimum Award or Agreement rates.

IP Logged

donincognito
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:30am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:37am:
Your usual inclination to label anyone else stupid, etc, shows you to be the cretin you are in reality.

No, I just dont tolerate idiots very well. Plus idiots dont like it when they are called idiots and the pathetic rejoiners they post amuse me. Case in point.

Quote:
I have posted times many a very solid refutation of the nonsense that makes up the 'gender wage gap' - and it is clear, from any rational review, that such a gap does not exist.

Except I just posted information that proves you wrong, and here you are flailing about, desperately trying to assert your dominance in an area where you are sinking fast.

Quote:
Now try another approach, sonny.

Why? You clearly dont respond to facts and figures, and you clearly wont respond to any sort of empathy based argument. All thats left is to point out, again, that you are wrong, call you an idiot and move on.

Quote:
I'm not interested in twisted and distorted 'studies' by groups directly interested in arriving at the position they wish... I deal only with facts... and I've laid out those facts time and time again.

See, this is where you fail in the most basic of areas. You didn't even read the article or any of the studies (and there are lots of them) to work out if the studies are based in fact. You dismissed them out of hand, because they challenge your world view and you cant handle that.

Quote:
If you wish to disagree, save your puerile personal attacks, and replace them with facts.

Mothra seemed to be able to read the first post on this thread without suffering from any personal attacks. Why cant you? Is it because I was proven correct in my personal attacks? (hint : it was)

Quote:
Now - try looking at this 'study' you quote - and give me a full rendition of the actual figures, the actual laws in place HERE in Australia, and then tell me that women are being ripped off in their work.

No. The article links to the studies. The information is right there. Serious, its like three clicks away. ou can manage three mouseclicks cant you? Why do you need me to spoon feed you? Is it because you dont want to find out the information? (hint : it is)

Quote:
If you have any argument - it is over AWE's - and NOT on any gender basis...  in case you missed (you obviously did) - there are currently MILLIONS of people doing it hard out there... who actually gives a damn about distorted and self-serving studies that continue to say, without solid foundation, that women as a group are being ripped off?

Because literally half hte population is being discriminated againt, and I think that is wrong. You dont. Which is bad and wrong, but you are used to being bad and wrong, arent you?

Quote:
Then try showing me ONE clear example of where women doing exactly the same job in the same grade - outside of contracted work - are NOT being paid the proper level.

I did. You ignored it, and the merrygoround of life continues with you being wrong and bad.
Quote:
SHOW me - and save your personal attacks for someone who actually cares about your emotion-based nonsense.

I did. You ignored it, and the merrygoround of life continues with you being wrong and bad.

Quote:
If you cannot do that - save your personal cretinous vitriol for someone who might be influenced by it.. obviously I am not.

Quote:
Better still - leave the field to those with a mind in their head....

What? you? lol. good to see you still keep your sense of humour, even though you are bad and wrong.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #23 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:31am

John Smith wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:22am:

you missed this bit

The pay data for Australia certainly isn’t bucking this trend. It doesn’t matter which way you look at it, there is consensus that the gender pay gap exists. Even though the overall gap in Australia has reduced slightly over the past two years, according to data from the ABS women still make 16.2% less than men.

Nope.  They know the explanation for that. 

Less skilled/safer jobs, shorter hours, less time spent with employers to establish seniority...and thats just the ones who actually work.  The housewives who sell avon count too.

It's just one big load of wank.

IP Logged

donincognito
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:34am

aquascoot wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 8:07am:
no woman can be truly fulfilled unless she is with a great man.

Thats just bollocks.

Quote:
a great man goes out into the world and goes to war in business and gives his all and then, in order to recharge he needs to come home and have the adrenaline and cortisol dissipated from the day of brutal work and relentless effort.

This is also bollocks.
Quote:
only a feminine woman can perform this vital work

Yep, still bollocks.
Quote:
and by this polarity and synergy, no man can be truly fulfilled if he doesnt have a nurturing and feminine woman to come home and recharge him so that the next day he can go out and crush it for the both of them.

Bollocks, bollocks everywhere

Quote:
man on his own =  1
woman on her own = 1

I like this bit because it shows that the genders are equal. If only they were treated equally.

Quote:
man plus woman in relationship where they both try to be clones of each other and practice equality 

1 + 1 = 2.

Ok, a bit basic, but at least it was the shite you were peddling earlier.

Quote:
man plus woman in relationship where each fully commits to the roles i described and recognises the awesome power of the polarity of the sexes and the role requirements thereof

1 + 1 = 11.

Annndd we are back to the bollocks.

Quote:
you synergise and supercharge your awesomeness capabilities when men act as men and women act as women.

Gender roles are societal enforced bollocks.

Quote:
most women DO NOT want to win, they want to be with a winner  Wink

Oh so much goddamn bollocks.

I give your post 1/10 see me after class for reeducation.

IP Logged

donincognito
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:39am

Quote:
In their 2016 Global Gender Gap Report, it is estimated that, at current rates, it would take another 170 years to close the global pay gap between men and women.

Thank you for read the first paragraph. At least you are putting some semblance of effort into this. Now, if you would just read the rest of the article, you would notice that it references Australian data a lot.

Quote:
That means if a lady in Kuwait is a nurse for a Dinar a day, while her countryman gets a million dinars for doing nuffin, its on us to balance the global average.  Nothing is more important than averages.

No, we need to get our poo in order in our own nation first.

Quote:
Barring the establishment of ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT, that enforces one pay rate for all us serfs - zero - they're always going to have something to complain about, and the grievance commissars futures are secured. 

Leaving aside the stupid notion that there will ever be one world government while boomers are around to bugger everything up, why do you think that the pay rate will be zero? And if everything you need if provided for you by the government, why would you need to be paid?

... wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:12am:
...please dont tell me male teachers earn more than females......

They don't.  Not in Australia anyhoo. 

Such is the beauty of using a GLOBAL AVERAGE to fabricate grievances.  Its not enough to be responsible for our own societies anymore, now we have to amend for imbalances in the pay for the entire world. 

No we dont, stop being bad and wrong.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #26 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:43am

donincognito wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:39am:
Quote:

Yes.  And since we have our poo in order, the commissars have now moved onto GLOBAL AVERAGES to ensure their ongoing employment.

IP Logged

donincognito
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:45am

Gnads wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:24am:
What the hell are you on about Cods?

Those who don't pay correctly are usually the "employers".

Oh & the employers can be male or female.

The whole gender pay gap is a load of bollocks.

Except for the information posted that clearly shows its not bollocks.

Quote:
And just what do women have to say "enough is enough" about?

Plenty of shite imo, but in this instance, we are talking about the gender pay gap. Keep up. Its not difficult.

Quote:
btw more & more males are leaving or not choosing to enter education.

And for those males that stay or start ... no their pay is no different to female teachers.

Quote:
Women are paid less because they ‘choose’ lower-paying jobs
Our report showed that industrial and occupational segregation continue to be significant contributing factors to the gender pay gap. But while occupational segregation is decreasing (i.e. the different types of roles men and women do), the impact of industrial segregation (i.e. the different industries that men and women work in like mining or healthcare) has increased.

Women are not “choosing” to work in lower paying industries but, when large numbers of women start to work in an industry, they all get paid less. As Rhaina Cohen explained in an article in the Atlantic:

A study [by the sociologists Asaf Levanon, Paula England, and Paul Allison], which examined census data from 1950 to 2000, found that, when women enter an occupation in large numbers, that job begins to pay less, even after controlling for a range of factors like skill, race and geography. Their analysis found evidence of “devaluation” – that a higher proportion of women in an occupation leads to lower pay because of the discounting of work performed by women.

So, in other words: 50 years of data proved that the more women join an industry the less everyone gets paid.

If that’s not convincing enough, Cohen also pointed to a study showing that higher the percentage of women in an industry the lower its perceived “prestige”; and a study from 2007 that found that even where men’s low-wage jobs demand far less in terms of skill, education and certifications than women’s low-wage jobs, the male-dominated ones usually command higher hourly pay.

In other words, you are wrong and bad.

Quote:
Quota systems are in place in companies all over Australia for employing women, ATSI'S & people of the LGBITQ persuasions.

Good.
Quote:
The company I work for even advertised positions for "women only".

Good.
Quote:
The Anti-Discrimination Act allows this blatant discrimination so companies can meet their quotas.

An absolute joke IMHO.

Its not discrimination if its an act to address discrimination. The fact that white dudes aren't favoured is because white dudes are already favoured and these quotas are an attempt to redress this imbalance.

Plus its good for business bottom lines to have more women in management, so if you think about it (hint : you havent) its in the businesses best interest to have more women in management.

IP Logged

donincognito
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:47am

... wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:31am:
John Smith wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:22am:

you missed this bit

Nope.  They know the explanation for that. 

Less skilled/safer jobs, shorter hours, less time spent with employers to establish seniority...and thats just the ones who actually work.  The housewives who sell avon count too.

It's just one big load of wank.

Quote:
Secondly, what our study showed was that sex discrimination continues to be the single largest factor contributing to the gender pay gap, increasing from 35% in 2007 to 38% in 2014.

Sex discrimination in the report accounts for everything that is left after all the other factors that have an impact on the gender pay gap, such as age, tenure, time out of the workforce, occupation, industry, part-time work and sector, have been taken into account. This means that more than a third of the gender pay gap is the result of gender discrimination and unconscious bias.

Stop being wrong. Its getting pretty sad.

IP Logged

donincognito
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:47am

... wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:43am:
donincognito wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:39am:
Quote:

Yes.  And since we have our poo in order, the commissars have now moved onto GLOBAL AVERAGES to ensure their ongoing employment.

Quote:

Serious, its the second paragraph.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print