Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Londonistan acid attack capital of the World... (Read 1606 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Londonistan acid attack capital of the World...
Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:36pm

Quote:
At least one acid attack per day is being reported in the capital - and there are fears the true figure is even higher

The horrific acid attack spree in London last night adds to an alarming spike in reports of the crime.

Police are linking five attacks carried out in less than 90 minutes in an area spanning barely three miles in Hackney and Islington.

At least one victim has suffered "life-changing" injuries.

The Met Police said a teenager has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and robbery.

The shocking rampage is just the latest in a series of acid attacks that have blighted the capital.

Figures released earlier this year showed 431 acid attacks were reported in London in 2016, up from 261 the previous year.

There have been almost 1,500 since 2011.

And the true figure is probably higher as some victims choose not to report the crime.

this is just incredible...

what is the London Mayor doing about it??

as he would say.. its the price for living in a big city.. dur...

whats his name?

Sadiq Khan?

or is it KhantAngry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Londonistan acid attack capital of the World...
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:46pm

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:56pm

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:04pm

cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:56pm:

these people have had their lives ruined and groggy is using their pain and suffering for forum games..

what a sick bastard...  Angry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:22pm

I come from London   and one of the attacks was in Mile End where my mum and dad were born....its within the sound of Bow Bells....it survived all the bombing of London....... for what?  acid attacks.... Sad Sad Sad

my country it makes me so sad... Cry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:27pm

cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
are you sure gweggy..

Yes dear, I'm sure.

The Mechanic is making it up.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:34pm

is there any way to prevent  greg ruining every thread.

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:36pm

London = Progressive Utopia

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:38pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
what is the London Mayor doing about it??

"Sadiq Khan today called on the Government to bring in a “zero-tolerance” approach to acid attacks after a string of assaults in London.

"The Mayor backed plans to bring in tougher sentences, clarify guidelines for judges and clamp down on the sale of corrosive substances.

"He also demanded more long-term support for victims after six people were doused with corrosive liquid on London’s streets in just 24 hours."

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:39pm

anyone caught throwing acid at someone should be made to drink the damn thing.

cowards

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:48pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:39pm:

cowards

ummm I think thats going a bit far...

someone is trying to make the streets of London totally unsafe.....no matter where people go....

where the hell is this acid coming from....I am sure you cant just buy it at the local chemist....the police are already run ragged over there...

I am sure the Mayor is well and safe in his ivory tower.... and probable bomb proof car. Sad

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:57pm

cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
where the hell is this acid coming from....I am sure you cant just buy it at the local chemist....

Not the chemist.

Bunnings.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #12 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:05pm

cowards

someone is trying to make the streets of London totally unsafe.....no matter where people go....

where the hell is this acid coming from....I am sure you cant just buy it at the local chemist....the police are already run ragged over there...

I am sure the Mayor is well and safe in his ivory tower.... and probable bomb proof car. Sad

Its 'drain cleaner', and you can buy that stuff at any supermarket, hardware shop, or plumbing supplies.......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:17pm

Well we need some real demographics for starters with this claim.  I remember Bangladesh, India and Pakistan as being the major contributors to this problem.

Quote:
Today, acid attacks are reported in many parts of the world. Since the 1990s, Bangladesh has been reporting the highest number of attacks and highest incidence rates for women, with 3,512 Bangladeshi people acid attacked between 1999 and 2013. Although acid attacks occur all over the world, this type of violence is most common in South Asia.

Quote:
In Bangladesh, such attacks are relatively common.  Bangladesh has the highest reported incidence of acid assault in the world.

Quote:
Acid attacks are often referred to as a "crime of passion", fueled by jealousy and revenge. Actual cases though, show that they are usually the result of rage at a woman who rebuffs the advances of a male. For the country of Bangladesh, such passion is often rooted in marriage and relationships. One study showed that refusal of marriage proposals accounted for 55% of acid assaults, with abuse from a husband or other family member (18%), property disputes (11%) and refusal of sexual or romantic advances (2%) as other leading causes. Additionally, the use of acid attacks in dowry arguments has been reported in Bangladesh, with 15% of cases studied by the Acid Survivors Foundation citing dowry disputes as the motive. The chemical agents most commonly used to commit these attacks are hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid.

Quote:
According to New York Times reporter Nicholas D. Kristof, acid attacks are at an all-time high in Pakistan and increasing every year. The Pakistani attacks he describes are typically the work of husbands against their wives who have "dishonored them."

Quote:
Such attacks or threats against women who failed to wear hijab, dress "modestly" or otherwise threaten traditional norms have been reported in Afghanistan. In November 2008, extremists subjected girls to acid attacks for attending school.

Quote:
In 2016 police in London, England recorded 454 attacks involving corrosive fluids in the city, with 261 in the previous year, indicating a rise of 74 percent. A rise of 30 percent was also recorded in the UK as a whole. Between 2005/6 and 2011/12 the number of assaults involving acid throwing and other corrosive substances tripled in England, official records show. NHS hospital figures record 144 assaults in 2011/12 involving corrosive substances, which can include petrol, bleach and kerosene. Six years earlier, 56 such episodes were noted. One British expert says she believes many of the cases involving acid are linked to communities of immigrants from Asia, with women attacked by their husbands or punished for refusing forced marriages.   Data suggests that both the attackers and victims are mostly white British males.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:43pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:05pm:

cowards

Its 'drain cleaner', and you can buy that stuff at any supermarket, hardware shop, or plumbing supplies.......

oh I see not like what I was imagining...

I mean its serious for sure   but it can be washed off... oh I dont know !.....  its awful to see what should be a really good nice place to.live in  and visit  be turned into something like out of a horror movie....

again its just people minding  their own business.

Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print