Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Supreme Court Orders Hawaii to Answer to Trump (Read 1513 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Supreme Court Orders Hawaii to Answer to Trump
Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:14am

Supreme Court gives Hawaii until Tuesday to answer Trump travel ban motion

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court has asked the State of Hawaii to respond by Tuesday at noon to President Donald Trump's motion to block a judge's ruling that prevented his travel ban from being applied to grandparents of U.S. citizens and refugees already being processed by resettlement agencies, the court's public information office said on Saturday.

In a court filing on Friday, the administration asked the justices to overturn Thursday's decision by a U.S. district judge in Hawaii, which limited the scope of the administration's temporary ban on refugees and travelers from six Muslim-majority countries.

The latest round in the fight over Trump's March 6 executive order, which he says is needed to prevent terrorism attacks, began when the Supreme Court intervened last month to partially revive the two bans, which had been blocked by lower courts.

The Supreme Court said then that the ban could take effect, but that people with a "bona fide relationship" to a U.S. person or entity could not be barred. The administration had narrowly interpreted that language, saying the ban would apply to grandparents and other family members, prompting the state of Hawaii to ask Hawaii-based U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson to expand the definition of who could be admitted.

Trump banned travelers from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days, and refugees for 120 days.

The Supreme Court has agreed to hear oral arguments in the fall over whether the ban violates the U.S. Constitution.

Now the lower courts will have to prove to the Supreme Court why they think the Travel Ban EOs are Unconstitutional, which IMHO they are not, & after the Hawaiian response, they will hear counter arguments from the Trump Administration before coming to a final Constitutional decision, which again IMHO, will overturn all lower court decisions blocking all the Trump Administration's Travel Bans. ...   Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:19am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Supreme Court Orders Hawaii to Answer to Trump
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:34am

Oh good, a keyboard warriors legal opinion.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:38am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:34am:

Better than a ferkwit that doesn't give one at all... posting sweet nothings to get his post count up...

What a flog 🙄

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:49am

The same fool that thinks USA is not a democracy.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:58am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:38am:

Better than a ferkwit that doesn't give one at all... posting sweet nothings to get his post count up...

What a flog 🙄

I know when my opinion is worth jack poo. IN this case, I have no real legal experience, so why bother commenting? Panther has about the same amount of legal expeirence, but because Trump did it it must be legal.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:59pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:58am:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:38am:

What a flog 🙄

I know when my opinion is worth jack poo. IN this case, I have no real legal experience, so why bother commenting? Panther has about the same amount of legal expeirence, but because Trump did it it must be legal.

it is worth noting that the Supreme Court sided with the Hawaii judge and smacked down Trumps garbage

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:28pm

Trump Travel Ban:
US Supreme Court Partially Lifts Block On Order

Source:      
THE GUARDIAN
       Quote:
The US supreme court handed a partial victory to the Trump administration on Monday as it lifted significant elements of lower court orders blocking the president’s controversial travel ban targeting visa applicants from six Muslim-majority countries.

Refugee admissions nearly halved as supreme court mulls Trump travel ban.

The nation’s highest court said the 90-day ban on visitors from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, along with a 120-day suspension of the US refugee resettlement program, could be enforced against those who lack a “credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States”............

Slowly, but surely, all the President's Travel Bans will eventually be fully enforced.........I Predict a 5-4 Ruling in favor of President Trump's Constitutional Travel Bans, when the Supreme Court, after hearing all the arguments, comes out with it's final decision....  Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:34pm

Panther wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:28pm:

Trump Travel Ban:
US Supreme Court Partially Lifts Block On Order

Source:      
THE GUARDIAN
       Quote:
The US supreme court handed a partial victory to the Trump administration on Monday as it lifted significant elements of lower court orders blocking the president’s controversial travel ban targeting visa applicants from six Muslim-majority countries.

Refugee admissions nearly halved as supreme court mulls Trump travel ban.

The nation’s highest court said the 90-day ban on visitors from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, along with a 120-day suspension of the US refugee resettlement program, could be enforced against those who lack a “credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States”............

Slowly, but surely, all the President's Travel Bans will eventually be fully enforced.........I Predict a 5-4 Ruling in favor of President Trump's Constitutional Travel Bans, when the Supreme Court, after hearing all the arguments, comes out with it's final decision....  Wink

you obviously missed the bit where SCOTUS agreed with hawaii

idiot.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:48pm

Source:      
The Supreme Court of the United States
       Quote:
“An unadmitted and nonresident alien...has no constitutional right of entry to this country”, the justices wrote, and “whatever burdens may result from enforcement” of the entry ban ”against a foreign national who lacks any connection to this country, they are, at a minimum, a good deal less concrete than the hardships identified by the courts........"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:50pm

Panther wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:48pm:
Source:      
       Quote:
“An unadmitted and nonresident alien...has no constitutional right of entry to this country”, the justices wrote, and “whatever burdens may result from enforcement” of the entry ban ”against a foreign national who lacks any connection to this country, they are, at a minimum, a good deal less concrete than the hardships identified by the courts........"
    Cool

And SCOTUS still agreed with Hawaii.

get over it, pan-cake

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #10 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:53pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:50pm:
Source:      
       Quote:
    Cool

get over it, pan-cake

Isn't that what you should be doing.......pancake...getting over it. After all you're not an American are you......pancake?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm

The Supreme Court  &  President Trump
Muslim Emigrants & Refugees
Cool

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Source:      
       Quote:
    Cool

get over it, pan-cake

Isn't that what you should be doing.......pancake...getting over it. After all you're not an American are you......pancake?

smell the desperation among the trumpoids...

wowstupid_005.jpg (137 KB | 18 )
wowstupid_005.jpg

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #13 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:56pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Source:      
       Quote:
    Cool

get over it, pan-cake

smell the desperation among the trumpoids...

That's your nose too near your own arse.....pancake.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #14 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:57pm

Quote:
.......The travel ban went into effect June 29 following the high court's ruling. It restricts travel from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days, and limits all refugee admissions for 120 days.

The justices previously agreed to decide the overall legality of the ban in the fall, while allowing the scaled-down version to go into effect. The court ruled that travelers from the six targeted countries can bypass the travel ban and enter the U.S. if they can prove they have a "bona fide" relationship with a U.S. person or entity........

The Supreme Court  &  President Trump
Muslim Emigrants & Refugees
Cool
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:05pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print