Melbourne Victoria
OH@S Concerns
Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:54pm

This is unbelievable

Australia's war heroes under investigation
July 19, 2017
|
Hubert Cumberdale
Details have emerged that several Army members may have breached the Workplace Health and Safety Act in what appears to be a pattern of systemic disregard for safety,
according to a recent investigation by COMCARE.

“After reviewing ADF archives, we have discovered at least twenty-six individuals who were identified by commanders for disregarding their own safety" said Martha Stewart, spokesperson for COMCARE.

"Unbelievably, instead of disciplining the members, their actions were rewarded.” she added.

The Bugler has learned that while most of the allegations involve events that occurred decades ago and involve no members still serving in the ADF, three occurred in recent deployments to Afghanistan.

An alarming excerpt from a recent accusation reads:

“Seizing the advantage, and demonstrating extreme devotion to duty and the most conspicuous gallantry, [name withheld pending investigation], with a total disregard for his own safety, stormed the enemy position killing the two remaining machine gunners.”

When approached for comment, the Army's Safety Compliance Audit, Remediation and Education Detachment (Army’s SCARED), reiterated that safety is one of Army’s many number one priorities and that disregard for safety would be met with harsh measures.

These sorts of attitudes have no place in the modern Army" the official comment stated.

"The standard of safety you walk past is the standard you accept.”
https://www.raspberrycreekbugler.com/single-post/2017/07/19/Australias-war-heroe...

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: OH@S Concerns
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:58pm

Vic wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:54pm:
Details have emerged that several Army members may have breached the Workplace Health and Safety Act in what appears to be a pattern of systemic disregard for safety

I'm kinds struggling to make sense of this. It seems to me joining the defence force shows a certain disregard for safety. Especially if you deploy to Afghanistan

Imagine of soldiers only did what was 'safe'.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 8:02pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:58pm:
Details have emerged that several Army members may have breached the Workplace Health and Safety Act in what appears to be a pattern of systemic disregard for safety

I'm kinds struggling to make sense of this. It seems to me joining the defence force shows a certain disregard for safety. Especially if you deploy to Afghanistan

Imagine of soldiers only did what was 'safe'.

I agree there John!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 8:05pm

phhewww

it seems so absurd to me that I thought I must be missing something  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:39am

This is unbelievable

Australia's war heroes under investigation
July 19, 2017
|
Hubert Cumberdale
Details have emerged that several Army members may have breached the Workplace Health and Safety Act in what appears to be a pattern of systemic disregard for safety,
according to a recent investigation by COMCARE.

“After reviewing ADF archives, we have discovered at least twenty-six individuals who were identified by commanders for disregarding their own safety" said Martha Stewart, spokesperson for COMCARE.

Nearly got me.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:41am

Damn.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print