Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Cop Shoots MN Woman Dead (Read 3752 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Cop Shoots MN Woman Dead
Reply #45 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:58pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:57pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:53pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:33pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:28pm:
Jasin wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:44pm:
Blacks across America are cheering!

Black Cop shoots unarmed innocent white person.

How is their skin colour relevant?

Hahahaha, luvvies speed type racism if a white cop kills a black guy and now, obviously cos it's a black guy doing the shooting suddenly apologist idiots are all po faced asking how is the skin colour relevant?

Grin

He is racist obviously.   Grin Grin Grin

But thanks for your po faced attempt at apologism, made my night, a luvvie asking how is skin colour relevant.   Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #46 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 11:18pm

freediver wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:12pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:11pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:08pm:
How's this for a headline Aussie: someone kills someone. No details. The apologists might get offended. I for one am sick of them always mentioning the sex of the offender. Is it really relevant that he was a man?

Hey, great idea!  Why do they need to report any of this schit?  I'd be perfectly happy not to hear about it.

That's the spirit Aussie. Would you also like to stop commenting on it?

POST OF THE YEAR! Grin

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #47 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 11:19pm

How's this for a headline Aussie: someone kills someone. No details. The apologists might get offended. I for one am sick of them always mentioning the sex of the offender. Is it really relevant that he was a man?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:09am

Hey, great idea!  Why do they need to report any of this schit?  I'd be perfectly happy not to hear about it.

I was commenting on your comment, Effendi.

Cool

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:18am

Aussie wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:09am:

I was commenting on your comment, Effendi.

Cool

not quite.... fd was saying he was sick of the sex of the offender being mentioned.....probably because its mostly always a male....killing a female......

he doesnt mind reading about it though...

would it not interest us though to know the sex of the offender as well as the victim?.......would seem strange if we were never told... Cheesy

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:20am

My comments began after Effendi posted this:

Quote:
Is it Islamophobic to mention his religion?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:28am

Aussie wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:20am:
My comments began after Effendi posted this:

Quote:
Is it Islamophobic to mention his religion?

always excusing yourself   YES!

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #52 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:29am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 9:44pm:
here's the thing..

the Cops are going into a dangerous situation thats been called in..

why didn't they turn on their camera's when they got there then??

the report was that a woman may be getting raped..

a woman comes to the police car in pyjamas and the Black Cop shoots her in the guts?

say what?  Undecided

so if this was the woman being raped.. the cop just shot her dead... wtf???  Shocked

How would you like to be this bloke?

Involved in an accident and the first on the scene, fkken shoots you.  Angry

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:35am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:20pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:13pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:07pm:
This Somalian filth was already under investigation in two cases of using excessive force........

The muslim scumbag refuses to talk to police investigators concerning the death of this lady, despite the fact that his police colleague driving the police car (whom he shot his weapon across) has cooperated with investigators.....

Why do you feel the need to mention where he's from, and his religion?

I'm curious.

You're spurious......

They are the facts.........

Nobody is denying the facts.

I'm asking why you think those particular facts are relevant.

You didn't, for example, mention the colour of his eyes or his hair.

You also haven't mentioned the unfortunate victim's religion, or the other police officer's country of birth.

What is it about the offending officer's country of birth and religion that is so important in this case?

Because it's accurate

& no amount of politically correct glossing over it as being irrelevant ......... makes your view relevant.

Do you, Mothra, Brian, Don et al all have a little leftard handbook of how to apply PC gloss ( aka BS)? 

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:39am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 3:28pm:
cods wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 2:22pm:
is there a chance the Minneapolis.Police Dept hired him just because he is a black muslim male...?

Yes.

"The city’s affirmative-action program requires it to give preferential treatment to minorities, not only those hired by the city but by all contractors awarded contracts of more than $100,000."

What are you suggesting?

That Affirmative action is a load of BS???

Which it is.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #55 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:32pm

Police chief stands down....

Minneapolis in turmoil after police chief quits, mayor ousted from press event over Justine Damond’s death.

INVESTIGATORS are questioning a cyclist who witnessed and filmed the aftermath of the shooting of Justine Damond as the police officer behind her killing maintains his silence.

A statement just released by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) says the witness is a cyclist who was riding east along West 51 Street as the shooting unfolded, and stopped to watch as officers sought to revive Ms Diamong after she had been shot in the stomach. 
(not sprint I hope)....

“The individual has been cooperative and provided an interview today,” the statement reads.

But the police officer at the centre of the controversy has again refused to talk.

“Officer Mohamed Noor has not provided a statement regarding the incident and has declined to be interviewed by BCA agents,” the statement says. “Officer Noor’s attorney has not provided any update about when, if ever, an interview would be possible. Under the law, the BCA cannot compel the testimony of the officer.”

PROTESTERS PUSH MAYOR ASIDE

Protesters have pushed aside Minneapolis’ mayor at a press conference, demanding her resignation and police reform after the killing of Ms Damond.

Mayor Betsy Hodges was attempting to address the media following the announcement she had ‘lost confidence’ in Chief of Police Janee Harteau, and had nominated a replacement.

The crowd of protesters had cheered news of Chief Janee Harteau’s resignation as they gathered in the city’s Loring Park. Several hundred people of mixed race and age turned out for the Black Lives Matter march before moving to City Hall.

They shouted-down Mayor Hodges while waving signs with the phrases “Messy Betsy” and “You are next” on them and chanted “Bye-bye Betsy.” One man wore a cap with “Philando” on it, referring to black motorist Philando Castile, who was shot to death last year by a suburban officer during a traffic stop.

Hodges eventually gave up and left.

Protesters later filed out of the council room, allowing the mayor to return.

Hodges later told media said she understands the public’s frustrations, but “I will not be resigning.”

POLICE CHIEF QUITS

Earlier Chief Harteau issued a statement saying the killing of Australian Justine Damond had caused her to step aside for a ‘fresh set of leadership eyes’.

In a statement posted on the Minneapolice police department’s website, Harteau said the tragedy had caused her to ‘engage in deep reflection’.

“The recent incidents do not reflect the training and procedures we developed as a department,” she says. “(But) I have to put the communities we serve first ... the city of Minneapolis deserves the best.”

Harteau, who worked her way up from the bottom of the department to become the city’s first female, first openly gay and first Native American police chief, said she was proud of the work she accomplished and honored to serve as chief.

Her resignation comes just a day after she implored the officer behind the shooting, Mohamed Noor, to come forward and speak about the incident.

“I would prefer he would talk — there are questions that need to be answered and only he can answer them,” she said.

The investigation is being hampered by a lack of video evidence, with neither officer having turned on their uniform bodycams either during or after the shooting — despite police policy.

Chief Hartneau said the department was reviewing its video policy as a result of Ms Damond’s death.

She also admitted the tragedy had made people frightened to call police.

“Although disheartening I understand the fear and why it exists. This has had a negative impact on the community trust we’ve built.”

Chief Harteau has been criticised for remaining on holidays for four days after Ms Damond was killed.
MAYOR ‘LOSES CONFIDENCE’

Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges said she asked for the chief’s resignation.

“As far as we have come, I’ve lost confidence in the Chief’s ability to lead us further,” Hodges said.

(red lost ability to expect the honourable chief to continue the  quotas policy of the city under the mayor)....

“From the many conversations I’ve had with people around our city, especially this week, it is clear that she has lost the confidence of the people of Minneapolis as well.

“For us to continue to transform policing — and community trust in policing — we need new leadership at MPD.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/us-police-chief-says-australian-woman-jus...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #56 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:33pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 11:39am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 3:28pm:
cods wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 2:22pm:
is there a chance the Minneapolis.Police Dept hired him just because he is a black muslim male...?

Yes.

"The city’s affirmative-action program requires it to give preferential treatment to minorities, not only those hired by the city but by all contractors awarded contracts of more than $100,000."

What are you suggesting?

That Affirmative action is a load of BS???

Which it is.

The retiring chief is a Native American, meaning I immediately warmed to her..... thirty years to get to the top doesn't sound like she got a lot of AA... the Mayor now..... are we talking about quota mayors or about the myth that being able to run a meeting means more than your ability to run a city?

Who brought in the AA program that costs lives?  Or at least one so far, let alone the trust of a city in its police.  Even in Malbun, shooting capital of the world (not quite - but you get the gist) the cops don;t shoot people who called them for help...

You can take the boy out of Somalia.... but you can't take Somalia out of the boy....
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:39pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #57 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:34pm

Grappler normally supports his mates the police shooting people. Or, is that only black people?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:22pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:34pm:
Grappler normally supports his mates the police shooting people. Or, is that only black people?

how about you comment on "THIS" shooting ... Unhinged??

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #59 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:29pm

Has the shooter been declared a terrorist yet?

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print