Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
this doesnt look good (Read 438 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

this doesnt look good
Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:09pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/mohamed-noor-identified-as-police-of...

THE police officer who shot dead an Australian bride-to-be after she called 911 for help was under investigation at the time of the Saturday night shooting.

Mohamed Noor, from the Minneapolis Police Department, was believed to be sitting in the passenger seat of a police car when he shot across his partner, killing 40-year-old Justine Ruszczyk Damond about 11.30pm Saturday local time.

The officer had little more than two years experience, and had already been sued over an incident on the job earlier this year.

According to federal court documents detailing the open case, Noor, along with another officer, allegedly forced his way into a woman’s home and taking her to hospital.

The complaint alleges Noor and the other officer of forcing their way into the woman’s house “without any reasonable or legal cause” and accuses them of “violently and forcibly detained her and transported her against her will”.

The woman was told she was sent to hospital because she was in a “mental health crisis” and calling 911 “a million times”, which she denies.

The complainant alleges false imprisonment, battery, assault, negligence, and violating civil rights.

The complaint was filed to the US District court just over three weeks ago, and the case is ongoing.
Minneapolis television station KARE11 has reported Noor has “two open complaints against him from 2017 and one from 2016”, but fails to detail what they are.

This morning, Noor’s lawyer Tom Plunkett released a statement saying his client took the loss of Ms Damond and the affect on her family “very seriously”.

“He takes these events very seriously because, for him, being a police officer is a calling,” the statement read. “He joined the police force to serve the community and to protect the people he serves.”

Mr Plunkett also said in the statement there were “several investigations ongoing” around Noor.

Ms Damond’s family has been told they have received “almost no additional information” from the state police department over what happened after police arrived at the scene after receiving her 911 call.

A mobile phone reportedly found near Ms Damond’s body raised the prospect police thought it was a gun. No weapons were found at the scene.

Noor and his unidentified partner, whose cameras were not turned on during the shooting, have been placed on paid administrative leave.

Noor joined the Minneapolis Police Department in March 2015 and is the first Somali-American police officer assigned to the 5th Precinct in the southwest part of the city.

Noor’s lawyer, Tom Plunkett, confirmed Noor fired his weapon, killing Ms Damond, who was originally from Sydney’s Northern Beaches.

“We take this seriously with great compassion for all persons who are being touched by this,” Mr Plunkett said, a

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Re: this doesnt look good
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:54pm

It was late , the cops pulled up and she probably said "good day mate".  Being a Somali Muslim , he saw a disturbed woman saying " good dynamite".

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:56pm

oh great..

we have three threads on this now.. mostly because the heading of the thread has nothing to do with the OP..  Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:58pm

he said it doesn't look good

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:00pm

chimera wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
It was late , the cops pulled up and she probably said "good day mate".  Being a Somali Muslim , he saw a disturbed woman saying " good dynamite".

Grin

We all know CODS posts Topics that have already been posted, in a part of the Forum that doesn't relate and have nothing to do with the heading of the Topic.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:05pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
oh great..

we have three threads on this now.. mostly because the heading of the thread has nothing to do with the OP..  Roll Eyes

oh sorry   didnt realise the parking police were alive and well..

so shoot me..

sheeze isnt one aussie enough... Angry Angry

get over yourselves the gmods can put them all into one if its such a big bloody deal..

you whingeing old farts can go read the others I didnt see them and I am sick of people criticising everything I do..... go away  I dont post to you people.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:16pm

cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
you whingeing old farts can go.

I'm not that old

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:18pm

10 people have posted since I've last posted on this Forum.
I just thought I should share that.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:01pm

chimera wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:16pm:
cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
you whingeing old farts can go.

I'm not that old

what about the whinging bit    you do that alright..

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:06pm

good man , that's why I said I'm not old .

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:48pm

The name says it all

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:32pm

The Chimera is old , had a whinge and battle and became burning gas.
This doesn't look good.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print