Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Finally - Army to takeover mgt of terror seiges (Read 4378 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Finally - Army to takeover mgt of terror seiges
Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:41pm

____ wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 2:43pm:
Move over Alien Verses Predator ... coming to everyone's screens :  Army Verses Bikies

Well I could say from experience, that whenever Bikers & their Grub ilk threaten people, because they thrive on being 'anti-law'.
When they are threatened back with 'Military' action, because they carry firearms. They suddenly shut up and are as nice and forgiving as sweet cherry pie.

Imagine, a tank rolls up to their hide-out and  says "Surrender or Die?!"
Grin

Bikers are mixed in with Terrorism these days. Not much difference between them in what they do to innocent people.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
____ wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:26pm:
When you support goose stepping to a military takeover, you don't deserve a break.

The army is for killing unarmed civilians in other countries ... not Australia.

Sure, ____ , but they could make themselves useful. They do a bit of disaster recovery every now and then. Why not send them in when a plane gets hijacked or something?

It hasn't happened in Australia yet, but the army has plenty of time on its hands to train up.

Readying Australia's defences for China V US war breakout over the South China Sea can be sidelined for hypothetical terrorists scenarios. Sounds like a plan.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:44pm

It's all nonsense.

What 'training'?

You point a rifle, look down the telescope, and cap the terrorist's black ass.

'Training'.

Give me a break.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:47pm

red baron wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:39pm:
The Riddler  a.k.a. -  is living in fairyland and sees our own Army as some sort of Nazi threat

Our S.A.S. is a highly trained disciplined unit which would I dare say would have controlled the Man Monis siege from a different point of view entirely to the Management of the NSW Police which handled the whole thing is something akin to the Keystone Cops

The Police on the ground knew how to do their job it was at the 'top' and right at the 'top' that we were subjected to glaring incompetence which was born out in the Coroner's findings into the seige

What the documents reveal about killings of unarmed Afghans

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/unarmed-men,-children-among-casualties-of-...

Why restrict army murdering civilians to overseas.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:47pm

At the cafe the finger-trigger skills were seen , a bit different from nukes where a key is inserted then rotated with a wrist action.  Triggers also work Leopard tank guns and these smokers.
Colt M4 Carbine: NSW riot squad police to be armed with machine guns
Jun 8, 2017 - NSW riot squad police to be armed with military-style machine guns. .
--
Army trigger skills are up there with the Boer war and First Fleet levels.  Maybe tennis is on the skids but Oz does ammo with the best .  Experts are taking xrays of Ned Kelly's armour to work out how he did it .

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:48pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
It's all nonsense.

What 'training'?

You point a rifle, look down the telescope, and cap the terrorist's black ass.

'Training'.

Give me a break.

That's what Putin does, Herb. It usually results in the hostages getting capped too, dear.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #21 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:49pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:41pm:
Move over Alien Verses Predator ... coming to everyone's screens :  Army Verses Bikies

Well I could say from experience, that whenever Bikers & their Grub ilk threaten people, because they thrive on being 'anti-law'.
When they are threatened back with 'Military' action, because they carry firearms. They suddenly shut up and are as nice and forgiving as sweet cherry pie.

Grin

Bikers are mixed in with Terrorism these days. Not much difference between them in what they do to innocent people.

After the Bikies, who will the army be murdering. Unionists illegally striking, Environmentalists, illegally protesting a coal train.

Where does this end?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:52pm

____ wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:49pm:

Grin

After the Bikies, who will the army be murdering. Unionists illegally striking, Environmentalists, illegally protesting a coal train.

Where does this end?

It doesn't, ___. Red and Herbie want soldiers patrolling the streets taking out anyone who doesn't put their bins out straight.

Apart from Red and Herbie, I mean. They have the right to not be offended.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:53pm

____ wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:49pm:

Grin

Where does this end?

Well yes, we Southerners have to get justice back from those Yankees  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:55pm

Well the last female Military that I slept with (seems long ago), while I was a Nurse - chained me to my bed and had complete 'control'.  Cool

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #25 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:05pm

Police commander :" Look , he's holding a pistol".
Army commander : " Load . Aim ."
Police : "Wait on , what about the civilians?"
Army : "Fire".

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:06pm

chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:05pm:

Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:10pm

red baron wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 2:16pm:
Malcolm Turnbull has just done something extremely meaningful

He is authorising the Army to takeover managing terrorist sieges

Nothing whatsoever against the Police team who broke the Man Monis siege but management wise it was a debacle  Ex Commissioner Scipione and Deputy Commissioner Catherine Burn should hang their heads  shame at the coroner's finding on the Man Monis siege

Now the Army's S.A.S. will likely be involved in such a scenario and those blokes don't f...k around

This is a great turn of events and will make our Nation much more secure

Let the Police stick to Policing and let expert groups like the S.A.S. manage sieges, it's what they're good at

PS The Police on the ground did a brilliant job when they were finally allowed to do it from hapless masters

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The Police are trained to control people and where possible, save lives.  The SASR are trained to kill people.    There is quite a difference.  The first assumes that everybody is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The second assumes that the people in the siege are all guilty until proven innocent.

Is this a good thing?  No.   The Police should always control a siege situation.  Doesn't matter what forces they use, it should be the police in control.   The Army are only another tool in their chest which they can bring out when and if the matter requires it.

In the UK, the Police control the situation, the Army are only called in if necessary.   If they are called in, martial law is declared.  That enables the military to shoot to kill if necessary.  Once the siege is resolved, all members of the Army unit involved are then arrested and placed on trial for manslaughter.   Their use of force is examined by the Courts and usually declared lawful and they are acquitted. 

Before this announcement, the Army was always available to help the Police.  The Police however were unsure of their legal position and how they could use the Army.   The Army always kept a Squadron of the SASR trained in counter-terrorism tactics.   However, they were in Perth.   With the 2000 Olympics and other special events, the Counter-Terrorism Squadron was deployed to where the event was occurring, "just in case".   What this announcement will require is the stationing in each state a detachment from the Counter-Terrorism Squadron in order that response times can be shortened.   It will also require changes to the laws of accountability.

Is this a good thing?  I don't believe so.   The Police will become sidelined and all their skills at negotiation and management will be ignored in the normal military option that all problems look like a nail when you only have a hammer to deal with them.   I have no desire to see Australia become the military's shooting gallery.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:14pm

chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:05pm:

Which should and would read as:

Quote:
Army commander : " Load! Action!"
Army : "Group: Anti-Terrorist Unit!  Range: x metres. "Indication: Axis of Advance. Target; Terrorist holding pistol. Fire at will!"

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:17pm

Any guesses as to why we have to bring in the forces, nothing to do with Islam then.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print