Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
redefining freedom of speech (Read 2012 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
redefining freedom of speech
Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:14pm

In a discussion about all the stupid things Yassmin Abdel-Magied has been sprouting lately:

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
Unlike you, I don't think of her at all FD. I have neither respect for her and her opinions, nor do I disrespect her. As far as I am concerned she is an non entity.

I do however respect her right to voice her opinions without being personally vilified for them. Agree with her, disagree with her I really don't care. But debate the argument, not the person

John is it disrespectful to label her a non-entity?

How stupid is she allowed to get before we can call her an idiot?
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:25pm by freediver »  

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: John Smith redefines freedom of speech
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:14pm:
Unlike you, I don't think of her at all FD. I have neither respect for her and her opinions, nor do I disrespect her. As far as I am concerned she is an non entity.

I do however respect her right to voice her opinions without being personally vilified for them. Agree with her, disagree with her I really don't care. But debate the argument, not the person

He did not mean what you have taken it to mean.  I believe it was a throw away comment along the lines of complete lack of interest in her specific identity.

And Indian women aren't exactly LBFMs.  ~ GordyL.
Nicole ~ kill every man woman and child, who is a Muslim.
Violent cods ~ I know if he had touched my kid  he [taxi driver]would need an Ambulance.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm

haven't you got some rule about using members names in thread titles FD?

how do you expect anyone else to  follow your rules when you don't. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

REPORTER: The condition of the budget will not be an excuse for breaking promises?

TONY ABBOTT: Exactly right. We will keep the commitments that we make.

IP Logged

The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm

John smith.. the forums political retard... is not the sharpest tool in the shed...  Roll Eyes

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OzPol
Re: redefining freedom of speech
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Says the dullest tool in the shed.

There has not been a cool month for 628 months! AGW is here, Booby!

Lees has a neurotic inability to accept that we are warming the globe by burning fossil fuels.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
He did not mean what you have taken it to mean.

FD knows that, but if FD isn't pretending I said something different to what i said, he wouldn't be able to argue his point.

REPORTER: The condition of the budget will not be an excuse for breaking promises?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:23pm

The Mechanic wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
John smith.. the forums political retard... is not the sharpest tool in the shed...  Roll Eyes

and still I'm twice as sharp as you.

Not looking good for you dopey

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:26pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm:

FD knows that, but if FD isn't pretending I said something different to what i said, he wouldn't be able to argue his point.

So I also know what you really meant, but like you, I am not telling?

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:29pm

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:26pm:

So I also know what you really meant, but like you, I am not telling?

isn't time you put up a meme?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #9 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:54pm

This is like interpreting the Koran.

It's called a cartoon John. Do you think this is a fair caricature?

John for someone who constantly whines about people putting words into your mouth, you are remarkably reluctant to put your own there, even while insisting you previously put the wrong ones in.

Is anyone willing to hazard a guess at what John really meant?

John, you felt an urgent and persistent need to come to Yassmin's defence. To do so you invented a reason for her downfall - Islamophobia. Inspired, no doubt, by her now constant cries of victimhood. You proved this charge by citing things that according to you, other people had not said. You only paused from this nonsense to complain about people putting words into your mouth.

You then realised that you also had to insist you do not give a sh1t (or even notice apparently) the real reason for everyone turning on her, while doing an elaborate tapdance on whether she deserves respect.

Tell us John, just how stupid would someone have to be to misuse public money to fund their tour of the middle east to promote their new book, then take that opportunity, standing on the doorstep of the middle east's newly resurgent sex slave industry at the hands of another Islamic state, to declare to the world that Islam is the most feminist of all religions? Perhaps she thought no-one would notice? Scale of 1 to 10 John - how stupid?

Not satisfied with discarding common sense to ride to her aid, you then decided to redefine freedom of speech for her.

But now, just like Yassmin, you are the misunderstood victim, right?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:21am

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
John for someone who constantly whines about people putting words into your mouth, you are remarkably reluctant to put your own there, even while insisting you previously put the wrong ones in.

reluctant? go back through this thread and others, and look for posts by 'John Smith' .... you must have a different definition of reluctant

no need to guess, it's all there in black and white.

John, you felt an urgent and persistent need to come to Yassmin's defence. To do so you invented a reason for her downfall - Islamophobia.

A. I didn't invent anything, you have a long and recorded history of Islamaphobia
B. As I told you 3 or 4 times already, I am defending her right to her opionion. That doesn't mean I agree or disagree with her opinion. That means what it says. There is no guesswork involved.
But you for some reason can't accept that. It doesn't further your agenda to accept that. You have to pretend that i'm defending her views. In my opinion you and her are both as nuts as each other, just on opposite sides of the coin.

You then realised that you also had to insist you do not give a sh1t (or even notice apparently) the real reason for everyone turning on her, while doing an elaborate tapdance on whether she deserves respect.

Actually, pretty sure I made clear my reason on why people turned on her. Your only problem is that it doesn't help your fight against Islam so you keep just keep on pretending otherwise.

Tell us John, just how stupid would someone have to be to misuse public money to fund their tour of the middle east to promote their new book, then take that opportunity, standing on the doorstep of the middle east's newly resurgent sex slave industry at the hands of another Islamic state, to declare to the world that Islam is the most feminist of all religions? Perhaps she thought no-one would notice? Scale of 1 to 10 John - how stupid?

I've asked you 3 or 4 times what misuse of funds FD. Finally half an answer.

This is the first I can recall hearing of this book tour, and knowing your propensity to twist things. I'm just not prepared to give an opinion based on what you say.

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:32am

Everyone is equally entitled to my opinion!

Poor little Yassmin was just culturally insensitive.... a few more years drinking at the bar with a few Aussie brickies and she'd know all about how Australia works.... get out into the bush and listen to the Heart Of Australia with their down to earth sense discussing politics and social issues.... stay away from those big cities with all their flashy lights and their flashier gold chain wearing pimps (especially at the ABC/SBS), their corrupt importees, their xenophobic ghetto dwellers, and other miscreants - get out where the air is pure and free and get to the grassroots where most everyone's Grampa went to war etc and is listed on the memorial down at the local community hall .....

She left too soon to actually begin to learn something.... a nation that annually imports countless refugees from all nations on this earth is not one with a hate on those people.... and this nation and its culture are not responsible for the often pig-headed decisions of political appointees and elected clowns, who operate out there without any civilised constraint and according to their own rules, regardless of the ordinary people out here.

There is still hope at the Heart of Australia..... just don't go treading all over it with your self-righteous boots.... like everyone else does... or you'll be bitten...
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:43am by Ye Grappler »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:14am

Ye Grappler wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:32am:
. and this nation and its culture are not responsible for the often pig-headed decisions of political appointees ...

Andrew "The Terror"  Fisher became Australian dictator and life-president in 1914. He sent armed squads to shoot up Muslims at Gallipoli despite desperate pleas from shearers and swaggies to show mercy .

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:54am

chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:14am:
Ye Grappler wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:32am:
. and this nation and its culture are not responsible for the often pig-headed decisions of political appointees ...

Andrew "The Terror"  Fisher became Australian dictator and life-president in 1914. He sent armed squads to shoot up Muslims at Gallipoli despite desperate pleas from shearers and swaggies to show mercy .

...not this swaggy

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:07pm

exactly

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:09pm

Quote:

John are you saying that you think people literally have a right to say stupid things without being mocked for saying stupid things? And the other apologists who insisted you didn't really mean what you said were in fact wrong, but you didn't have the heart to break it to them?

Quote:
I didn't invent anything, you have a long and recorded history of Islamaphobia

John don't you think it is a bit silly to prance around blaming everything on Islamophobia while also covering your ears and insisting you don't give a sh1t about her absurd gaffs on feminism and her misuse of public funds? By any reasonable measure, that makes you opinion on the matter invalid. Do you really think it is impossible to criticise Islam without being an Islamophobe?

Quote:
As I told you 3 or 4 times already, I am defending her right to her opionion.

From what? Criticism? Or is someone trying to kill her like they do with cartoonists in Europe?

Quote:
But you for some reason can't accept that.

You were validating the other apologists who were insisting that you do not really mean the silly things you said, as well as crying victimhood at being misunderstood, then refusing to answer simple questions. If you think people have to right to spew idiocy and demand everyone responds by being polite and not criticising them, then own your opinion. You are, after all, entitled to it, remember?

Quote:
In my opinion you and her are both as nuts as each other, just on opposite sides of the coin.

Oh look, you aren't afraid to criticise her after all. Just as long as it is carefully measured with equal criticism of a non-Muslim, in case Brian calls you an Islamophobe.

Quote:
Actually, pretty sure I made clear my reason on why people turned on her.

I'm pretty sure people turned on her for their own reasons, not yours. Or are you having trouble meaning what you say again? Crystal clear, innit?

Quote:
This is the first I can recall hearing of this book tour, and knowing your propensity to twist things. I'm just not prepared to give an opinion based on what you say.

Would it be fair to say that your opinion is based on ignorance then? Willful ignorance even, give your proclamations about not giving a sh1t, despite my repeated efforts to point it out to you?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:12pm

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
John are you saying that you think people literally have a right to say stupid things without being mocked for saying stupid things?

criticism? is that what you call it?  Grin Grin
criticism is one thing FD, what she's had to put up with goes far beyond criticism.

John don't you think it is a bit silly to prance around blaming everything on Islamophobia while also covering your ears and insisting you don't give a sh1t about her absurd gaffs on feminism and her misuse of public funds?

nothing silly about calling out islamaphobia FD.

Tell me, why is it only stupid comments from muslims that warrant comments from you? I've never once seen you comment on a stupid comment from anyone else. What's the difference apart from their religion?

If it looks and acts and sounds like an islamaphobe, I'm going to call it an Islamaphobe

From what? Criticism? Or is someone trying to kill her like they do with cartoonists in Europe?

see, you trying to relate cartoonist in europe with her shows exactly why I think your an islamaphobe. Criticise (not vilify) her for what she did or said, not for something she had no more to do with than you.

You were validating the other apologists who were insisting that you do not really mean the silly things you said, as well as crying victimhood at being misunderstood, then refusing to answer simple questions.

validating the other apologists?  Grin Grin Grin Grin get real FD. You ask for my reasons, but instead of accepting my answer, you make up your own.

Save everyone a lot of time and trouble and answer your questions yourself next time.

Oh look, you aren't afraid to criticise her after all

I told you several times I wasn't. You insisted.

I'm pretty sure people turned on her for their own reasons, not yours.

but your reasons are acceptable?

Or are you having trouble meaning what you say again?

no, only one if us is having to pretend the other said something they didn't. ANd it wasn't me.

Would it be fair to say that your opinion is based on ignorance then?

less so than yours. At least I can point to my reasons in front of me. You on the other hand ......

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:23pm

John for someone who constantly whines about people putting words into your mouth, you are remarkably reluctant to put your own there

Yes, the most evasive member here DID say this.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Indeed, when FD isn't squirming, he's telling you what you think.

Google: taqiyya.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:23pm:
John for someone who constantly whines about people putting words into your mouth, you are remarkably reluctant to put your own there

Yes, the most evasive member here DID say this.

I know I chuckled when I read it Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #20 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:31pm

Quote:
criticism? is that what you call it?  Grin Grin
criticism is one thing FD, what she's had to put up with goes far beyond criticism.

Can you put a name on it, if it is not criticism? And do you really think she has some kind of "right" not to recieve it after all the stupid things she has said and done?

Quote:

That's great John. Would you like to respond to what I actually said: John don't you think it is a bit silly to prance around blaming everything on Islamophobia while also covering your ears and insisting you don't give a sh1t about her absurd gaffs on feminism and her misuse of public funds?

Quote:
Tell me, why is it only stupid comments from muslims that warrant comments from you?

My bad. I didn't realise you are a Muslim. People like you and Brian must have a hard time keeping a careful balance of criticising Muslims and non Muslims in the correct measure.

Quote:
You ask for my reasons, but instead of accepting my answer, you make up your own.

I did not ask your reasons. I asked if you meant what you really said, because you were validating the apologists (hi Aussie) who leapt to your defence by saying you obviously didn't mean it, on account of what you actually said being so stupid. You responded with even more elaborate tapdancing.

Quote:
but your reasons are acceptable?

No less acceptable than yours John. Why is it Islamophobia when others call her nuts, or a non-entity, but not when you do it?

Quote:
less so than yours. At least I can point to my reasons in front of me. You on the other hand ......

Your reasons are ignorance. You are disinterested to the point of hostility in what she actually did to deserve all the criticism she gets. You carefully build up your ignorance, and into this self-imposed knowledge vacuum you project your idiotic fantasies about Islamophobia being behind everyone else's criticism of Yassmin, but not yours. Your opinion is based entirely on ignorance. No amount of BS excuses can make up for the fact you have no clue what you are talking about and do not even want to know. But that doesn't stop you telling everyone else the real reason why they think what they think.

You are ignorant John, and your ill-conceived theory about Islamophobia being behind this is entirely based on your ignorance and rejection of reality.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:38pm

Grin Grin Grin
FD you are reasoning with your pet rock called Gino Smidt.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:27pm

freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Can you put a name on it, if it is not criticism?

would you call comments like
'kill yourself'
'please stop breathing'
'be good when you announce you have cancer'
'filthy dog'
'poo slag'
'I'd run her over'
what about calls for her to return to where she came from to be raped or heheaded?

I think we passed the point of 'criticism' long ago, right FD? Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #23 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:31pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:27pm:

'kill yourself'
'please stop breathing'
'filthy dog'
'poo slag'
'I'd run her over'
what about calls for her to return to where she came from to be raped or heheaded?

Ahem

FD...you might like to ask if he's biologcally related to the person making these comments.

Why?

He makes the very same comments online.

Hence why he's currently banned everywhere.

Just a heads up  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #24 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:32pm

Frank wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Grin Grin Grin

http://beafunmum.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/dreamstime_s_20093731.jpg

Nope....he's not Italian.

Fact!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:33pm

My bad. I didn't realise you are a Muslim

what sort of stupidity is that? I'm no more muslim than you. That doesn't make my point any less valid

Your reasons are ignorance. Y

Face it FD, for you anything short of frothing at the mouth over ISlam is ignorance. You'll have to forgive me for laughing at you right now

You are disinterested to the point of hostility in what she actually did to deserve all the criticism she gets

what she got was far beyond criticsm. You allow criticism on here FD? And yet, I bet if I put up the 'criticism' she received and directed it to Lisa you'd ban me for another month

You are ignorant John, and your ill-conceived theory about Islamophobia being behind this is entirely based on your ignorance and rejection of reality.

Not as ignorant as you FD. No one who calls demands that one kills themselves or deserves to be raped 'criticism' should ever play the ignorance card

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:34pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:31pm:

'kill yourself'
'please stop breathing'
'filthy dog'
'poo slag'
'I'd run her over'

Ahem

FD...you might like to ask if he's biologcally related to the person making these comments.

Why?

and I'll bet you won't find a single comment from me asking for any of those. But we all know reality has never been your forte. Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:35pm

Grin Grin Grin

wow frank, I'm not sure how FD ever managed without your dumb contribution. I'm sure he'll be ever so grateful that you were able to share your wisdom. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:42pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:34pm:

'kill yourself'
'please stop breathing'
'filthy dog'
'poo slag'
'I'd run her over'

Ahem

Why?

and I'll bet you won't find a single comment from me asking for any of those. But we all know reality has never been your forte. Cheesy Cheesy

I don't need to find anything.

FD has these (and many other) comments from you....compliments of the OzPol reporting abuse system.

.......and your 56 THOUSAND rubbish/abuse driven posts you machine gun here.

Oh and ummm you're banned all the time and from everywhere you post "John".

Ever thought of why that might be??? Shocked

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:45pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
I don't need to find anything.

of course not.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:46pm

I'm here lisa .... talking to FD . How can I be banned?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #31 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:48pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm:

how do you expect anyone else to  follow your rules when you don't. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That was Aussie  Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:50pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:48pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm:

That was Aussie  Grin

really dopey? then please explain why did FD removed my name as soon as I reminded him of his rule? Was he worried aussie might ban him?

not the sharpest tool are you. But a tool nevertheless.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #33 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:51pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:46pm:

No you're not. You're just machine gunning posts to yourself.

FD et al are LAUGHING AT YOU  Shocked Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #34 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:53pm

The Mechanic wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:53pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:51pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:46pm:

No you're not. You're just machine gunning posts to yourself.

FD et al are LAUGHING AT YOU  Shocked Grin

shouldn't you answer your door?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #36 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:56pm

'kill yourself'
'please stop breathing'
'filthy dog'
'poo slag'
'I'd run her over'

Ahem

Why?

Just a heads up
  Roll Eyes

UP

FOR

FREEDIVER

Cool

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:58pm

why FD allows trolling from you I'll never know. He should have banned you permanently a long time ago.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:07pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:35pm:
Grin Grin Grin

wow frank, I'm not sure how FD ever managed without your dumb contribution. I'm sure he'll be ever so grateful that you were able to share your wisdom. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We all are, JS, we all are.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #39 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:48pm

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:14pm:
In a discussion about all the stupid things Yassmin Abdel-Magied has been sprouting lately:

Here it is again John. The opening post. So far all we have is you backpeddling in response, saying you didn't really mean it, but also saying you did mean what you said. Then doing an elaborate tapdance to avoid the issue.

Have you figured out what you really meant yet John?

Quote:
what sort of stupidity is that? I'm no more muslim than you. That doesn't make my point any less valid

Yes it does. It makes your point invalid. This is what you said:

Quote:
Tell me, why is it only stupid comments from muslims that warrant comments from you?

Yet here you are, apparently a non Muslim, saying stupid things, and here I am, commenting in response.

Quote:
Face it FD, for you anything short of frothing at the mouth over ISlam is ignorance.

You said you don't give a sh1t John. You are willfully ignorant. You are hostile to the truth, so you can replace it with an idiotic fantasy about it all being cause by Islamophobia.

Quote:
what she got was far beyond criticsm. You allow criticism on here FD? And yet, I bet if I put up the 'criticism' she received and directed it to Lisa you'd ban me for another month

Is this you attempting to redefine freedom of speech again John? Are you going to backpeddle this time and go all floppy and forget what you were talking about?

Quote:
Not as ignorant as you FD. No one who calls demands that one kills themselves or deserves to be raped 'criticism' should ever play the ignorance card

This is what you said John:

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
So people standing up for ANZAC day is now Islamophobia?

Why weren't they standing up for Anzac day every other time someone used it to further their agenda?
they're just as guilty of using Anzac day to further their own Islamophobic ideology as she is of using Anzac day to further her cause. Yet you only see fit to criticise one.

You literally argued that your own ignorance about whether they criticise others for disrespecting ANZAC day makes them Isalmophobes. You said that standing up for ANZAC day in response to Yassmin's disrespect is Islamophobia. Are you running away from that now? You also accused me of Islamophobia, yet I said none of those things. How far will you backpedal?

Oh look, here's more - Islamophobia everywhere, hey John?

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:20pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:11pm:
Smithy I haven't read any comments calling for Magied to be murdered or raped.

Not saying that some whackos haven't posted that shyte on a social media forum somewhere.

And Devine as a conservative would have opinions that I probably wouldn't like .....

just like I don't like Yassmins.

I'm not saying you have to like her, i'm not even sure I like her. What i don't agree with is the way she's been treated.
Stuart Roberts used anzac day to attack labors policy on negative gearing. I didn't see the numbnuts here going on about for 3 hours, let alone 3 months.
Right wingers used anzac day to attack Anne Aly, I don't even recall anyone here mentioning it, let alone carrying on about it for months

The conservative right seems to have no problem using Anzac day when it suits them, they only have a problem if anyone else dares say something on Anzac day ..

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
why shouldn't i call out blatant Islamaphobia when I see it? Much better I shut up and leave them to it?

You might prefer it that way, but I don't.

And oh look, here is John reveling in his own ignorance about why everyone suddenly turned on Yassmin:

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
That is what really destroyed her reputation, and it is no wonder you will not touch it with a ten foot pole. Just keep chanting to  yourself that it is only about Islamophobia and the ANZAC tweet.

that's because I don't give a sh1t what she said about feminism. I didn't really see where she was coming from but then again, I'm not an Islamic woman. Who are you to decide how she should feel about being an Islamic woman?

What's that you say? Feminism? Misusing public funds? Foreign adventure tours? We can't have that. The only reason people criticise Yassmin is Islamophobia....
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:55pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #40 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:59pm

All based on Islamophobia...

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:57pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:29pm:
No more droll than your overuse of "Islamaphobia".

Except mine is based on fact, yours on fantasy.

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:21am:
A. I didn't invent anything, you have a long and recorded history of Islamaphobia

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:12pm:

If it looks and acts and sounds like an islamaphobe, I'm going to call it an Islamaphobe

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
see, you trying to relate cartoonist in europe with her shows exactly why I think your an islamaphobe. Criticise (not vilify) her for what she did or said, not for something she had no more to do with than you.

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
Why weren't they standing up for Anzac day every other time someone used it to further their agenda?
they're just as guilty of using Anzac day to further their own Islamophobic ideology as she is of using Anzac day to

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
What about womens rights? Is that also Islamophobia now?

yes, you haven't used that one is a while FD, It's time you bought it back out

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:06pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:23pm

Is this where we repeat ourselves for the third time?  Grin Grin Grin

Good try FD. Better luck next time.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #42 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:40pm

Let's try contradicting ourselves three times. John Smith goes first:

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:21am:

So, did you really mean what you said John? Does she have the right to say stupid things without being criticised for it? Does that mean we do not have the right to discuss whether she really is an idiot?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:09pm

well done FD. More of your usual tripe

I noticed you didn't bother quoting my other comment, here, I'll put it up for you again

'kill yourself'
'please stop breathing'
'filthy dog'
'poo slag'
'I'd run her over'

Just criticism right FD?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:13pm

This is more than his usual tripe. FD's had some kind of turn.

He's lost it. What on earth did you say to him, JS?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:17pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:13pm:

He didn't like it when  suggested the criticism levelled at Yasmin was a result of Islamaphobia. Apparently it's justifiable criticism to wish someone dead or they be raped.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:28pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:17pm:

He didn't like it when  suggested the criticism levelled at Yasmin was a result of Islamaphobia. Apparently it's justifiable criticism to wish someone dead or they be raped.

Oh, dear. You didn't question FD's Freeeedom to slag off Muslims, did you?

Really, JS. You do bring these things upon yourself, don't you? What on earth do you expect?

You apologise to FD this minute.

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #47 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:03am

No - those of us who are more balanced accept that some will speak with massive hyperbole - but they would and could never do what they claim or suggest themselves.  A steady mind accepts that and moves on....

You are welcome, Grasshopper..

There are some who I would not wish dead for their views ... but who I would cheerfully kill for their actions and the results.... as a matter of justice and honour........

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #48 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:37am

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:09pm:
well done FD. More of your usual tripe

I noticed you didn't bother quoting my other comment, here, I'll put it up for you again

'kill yourself'
'please stop breathing'
'filthy dog'
'poo slag'
'I'd run her over'

Just criticism right FD?

Yes John, I acknowledge you have backpedaled a long way from calling everyone Islamophobes based on your ignorance of what they say and what Yassmin says. You have now progressed to making up strawmen you can valiantly defend her from, while everyone else wonders what you are trying to say.

But you are still inventing rights on her behalf. Does she have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

When you said she was nuts and a non-entity, was this you "respecting her right to voice her opinions without being personally vilified for them" and "debating the argument, not the person" and "not disrespepecting her"? Or just more hypocrisy?

You said it was islamophobia because you were ignorant of whether they had also criticised other ANZAC day tweets, ignorant of her absurd gaffs on feminism and misuse of public funds, willfully ignorant to the point of hostility to the truth. You even accused me of Islamophobia. But you were really talking about rape threats? Or is this your way of admitting you made it all up and want to change the topic again?

Quote:
Actually, pretty sure I made clear my reason on why people turned on her.

Islamophobia John? And "your" reason for why other people turned on her is based entirely on things you don't know about what they said and about what Yassmin said and did?
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:51am by freediver »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:11am

another non answer FD? It was fairly simple wasn't it? Was it just criticism or not?

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:37am:
When you said she was nuts and a non-entity, was this you "respecting her right to voice her opinions without being personally vilified for them" and "debating the argument, not the person" and "not disrespepecting her"? Or just more hypocrisy?

keep pretending FD Grin Grin

I said she was just as nuts as you. Are you saying you're nuts FD?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:14am

Islamophobia John? And "your" reason for why other people turned on her is based entirely on things you don't know about what they said and about what Yassmin said and did?

does that even make sense to you?
I gave you several examples for my reasons for calling the attacks on her Islamaphobia. The same examples you failed twice to say if it was criticism or if it went beyond that. he same reasons you pretended not to see.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:15am

Ye Grappler wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:03am:
No - those of us who are more balanced accept that some will speak with massive hyperbole

saying someone should be killed or raped goes beyond hyperbole, doesn't it grap?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #52 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:11pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:11am:
another non answer FD? It was fairly simple wasn't it? Was it just criticism or not?

keep pretending FD Grin Grin

I said she was just as nuts as you. Are you saying you're nuts FD?

My mistake. You couldn't possibly criticise a Muslim, could you.

Does she have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

Are you respecting her "right" to not be vilified by dredging up these insults and posting them repeatedly? Did you make them up yourself?

John don't you think it is a bit silly to prance around blaming everything on Islamophobia while also covering your ears and insisting you don't give a sh1t about her absurd gaffs on feminism and her misuse of public funds, and "proving" the charge of Islamophobia by citing your own ignorance of whether people also criticised other ANZAC tweets?
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:18pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:29pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:11pm:
You couldn't possibly criticise a Muslim, could you.

done so many times FD. But lets be honest here, you don't want me to criticise a Muslim, what you want is for me to criticise Islam. And therein lies the crux of your problem.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #54 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:33pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:29pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:11pm:
You couldn't possibly criticise a Muslim, could you.

done so many times FD. But lets be honest here, you don't want me to criticise a Muslim, what you want is for me to criticise Islam. And therein lies the crux of your problem.

What do you think of the Koranic instruction to kill the Mushriken wherever you find them? Would that be criticising Islam?

I would settle for some straight answers on this "right" you have invented and then rapidly backpedaled on. Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:41pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
What do you think of the Koranic instruction to kill the Mushriken wherever you find them?

i think it's a load of sh1t. No one ever said Islam is without fault. It has many problems it needs to address.

I would settle for some straight answers on this "right" you have invented and then rapidly backpedaled on.

as if you can talk about straight answers Grin Grin Grin

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid?

I guess that depends on where you draw the line. If she says something idiotic then she deserves to be called an idiot. I have no problem with idiot. However lets not pretend this is about calling her an idiot. Why do you ingore the calls for her to be killed or raped?

What else does she have the right to not have said?

does that make sense to you FD?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:21pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
Why do you ingore the calls for her to be killed or raped?

Freeeeedom, innit.

As long as you're not a dirty Arab/Negroid sub-breed calling to rape our women, FD will fight to the death for your right to say it.

After all, this woman is a racially inferior Moslem.

IP Logged

JaSinner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Under your Bed
Reply #57 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:28pm

All Moslems are Terrorists!
Simple fact.
They all move in a large 'school' (of fish) where some get to take chunks out of the prey before hiding back in amongst the mass.

So until 'one' Moslem has the balls to stand alone and renounce the 'school' as wrong, here in Australia and take the responsibility of doing something about the 'school's' actions on Australia's behalf - better than what a PM position can do.
Then, they will all remain to be
TERRORISTS!

"All those ...moments, will be lost, like - tears in rain. Time ...to die."

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:57pm

As always with Effendi, the discussion gets bogged down and a mile away from where it began.

Is this woman stupid.  No, she is not.

Did she say anything stupid.  No, she did not.  She did make a remark she later apologised for concerning "Lest We Forget."  She had no need to apologise.  Last night on Q&A, Matt Canavan said it was naughty of her to link what is identified respectfully with Australian Armed forces with bad stuff in the Land of Arabs.  Rubbish.  There is a clear current link. 

Our Armed Forces are there right now destroying lives and turning big rocks into little rocks.

What has any of that got to do with Islamophobia?

Violent cods ~ I know if he had touched my kid  he [taxi driver]would need an Ambulance.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:06pm

The Islamic understanding of freedom of speech is explained:

Abstract

This paper examines the concept of the Islamic Perspective of Human Rights and Freedom of Expression as mentioned in the verses of the Quran. Freedom of expression today is almost exclusively a global phenomenon. Freedom exists in the sense that everyone can freely express his or her opinion as a prerequisite of fundamental human rights. Methodologically, the core differences between the Universal and Islamic understanding of freedom of expression are explained. This paper adopts a content analysis approach and argues that freedom in the Quran is natural, and it supersedes any earthly laws and instructions. Yet what is a human right for the Western world and constitutes a state law can be a crime for others. In Islam, nothing that questions its claims to truth may be publicly expressed. This paper will attempt to offer an analytical approach to confirm Islamic perspective and the innate phenomenon of freedom of expression and human rights.
https://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/freedom-of-expression-from-the-islamic-persp...

There is the long and the short of it.

I do not want any ideology or religion that forbids its own critical examination. It is abhorrent.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:08pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
Last night on Q&A, Matt Canavan said it was naughty of her to link what is identified respectfully with Australian Armed forces with bad stuff in the Land of Arabs.

and at the same time he defended Turnbull using fully armed and kitted special forces troops, complete with face masks, for a photo op.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:10pm

Watch this.

FD, do you believe the evil Moslem Zacky Mallah should be free to post on Twitter that Miranda Divine could benefit from a bit of a gang-bang?

I'm curious. I'm keen to hear your view on this important topic.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:11pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:08pm:
Last night on Q&A, Matt Canavan said it was naughty of her to link what is identified respectfully with Australian Armed forces with bad stuff in the Land of Arabs.

and at the same time he defended Turnbull using fully armed and kitted special forces troops, complete with face masks, for a photo op.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Freeeedom, innit.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #63 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:30pm

I guess that depends on where you draw the line. If she says something idiotic then she deserves to be called an idiot. I have no problem with idiot. However lets not pretend this is about calling her an idiot. Why do you ingore the calls for her to be killed or raped?

Because I suspect you made it all up, and because you ignored it to, until you needed somewhere to backpedal to.

Prior to that it was all about blaming Islamophobia for your ignorance of whether her critics were also criticising other ANZAC tweets, proclaiming your ignorance of and disinterest in all the stupid things she has said and done, and accusing me of Islamophobia for reasons you appear to also be ignorant of. Apparently you think whether it "looks like Islamophobia" is a substitute for knowing what you are talking about.

So where do you draw the line? After all, this is your made-up right we are talking about. Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

What else does she have the right to not have said?

does that make sense to you FD?

No John. I agree that it is idiotic to suggest Yassmin has a right to not have things said about her. Yet that is what you are saying.

Quote:
As always with Effendi, the discussion gets bogged down and a mile away from where it began.

It began with John frantically backpedaling on his claim that Yassmin has some kind of right not to be "vilified" for the stupid things she does and says, and her hysterical victimhood mongering since. It has not gone anywhere.

Quote:
Is this woman stupid.  No, she is not.

Did she say anything stupid.  No, she did not.  She did make a remark she later apologised for concerning "Lest We Forget."  She had no need to apologise.  Last night on Q&A, Matt Canavan said it was naughty of her to link what is identified respectfully with Australian Armed forces with bad stuff in the Land of Arabs.  Rubbish.  There is a clear current link. 

Our Armed Forces are there right now destroying lives and turning big rocks into little rocks.

What has any of that got to do with Islamophobia?

If it was not a stupid thing to say, why did she apologise for it?

How stupid would someone have to be to misuse public money to fund their tour of the middle east to promote their new book, then take that opportunity, standing on the doorstep of the middle east's newly resurgent sex slave industry at the hands of another Islamic state, to declare to the world that Islam is the most feminist of all religions? Perhaps she thought no-one would notice?

How stupid would someone have to be to refuse to take responsibility for their tanking public image and flee the country in the middle of a drawn out session of hysterical victimhood mongering, Islamophobia blaming and general attention whoring?
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:11pm:

Freeeedom, innit.

You two would be squealing just as loudly if Turnbull did NOT announce that fully armed special forces were now allowed to assist in hostage sieges.

You would squeal indignantly, no matter what, you two little piggies.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #65 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:42pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
The Islamic understanding of freedom of speech is explained:

Abstract

This paper examines the concept of the Islamic Perspective of Human Rights and Freedom of Expression as mentioned in the verses of the Quran. Freedom of expression today is almost exclusively a global phenomenon. Freedom exists in the sense that everyone can freely express his or her opinion as a prerequisite of fundamental human rights. Methodologically, the core differences between the Universal and Islamic understanding of freedom of expression are explained. This paper adopts a content analysis approach and argues that freedom in the Quran is natural, and it supersedes any earthly laws and instructions. Yet what is a human right for the Western world and constitutes a state law can be a crime for others. In Islam, nothing that questions its claims to truth may be publicly expressed. This paper will attempt to offer an analytical approach to confirm Islamic perspective and the innate phenomenon of freedom of expression and human rights.
https://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/freedom-of-expression-from-the-islamic-persp...

There is the long and the short of it.

I do not want any ideology or religion that forbids its own critical examination. It is abhorrent.

I recall now that Abu made a valiant attempt at redefining freedom of speech. According to him, the death penalty for apostasy etc is merely a "different take" on freedom. He would happily tell people that Islam absolutely supports freedom, and the apologists would gobble it up.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:49pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:30pm:
Because I suspect you made it all up, and because you ignored it to, until you needed somewhere to backpedal to.

Made it up?  Grin Grin Grin
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jul/12/conservative-commentator-...

or

or

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/yassmin-abdelmagied-i-feel-a-little-bit-bet...

Now who's ignoring the facts Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #67 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:51pm

You also said she was a nobody John Smith.

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #68 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:51pm

Quote:
If it was not a stupid thing to say, why did she apologise for it?

Ask her.  Maybe she did not think on her feet quickly enough as there was no need for her to apologise.  She was right, and she used a sensitive nerve to make her point.

Quote:
How stupid would someone have to be to misuse public money to fund their tour of the middle east to promote their new book, then take that opportunity, standing on the doorstep of the middle east's newly resurgent sex slave industry at the hands of another Islamic state, to declare to the world that Islam is the most feminist of all religions? Perhaps she thought no-one would notice?

Stuffed if I can see how she mis-used public money, and if she has a view about feminism, so what.  Disagree with her point of view as much as you like.

Quote:
How stupid would someone have to be to refuse to take responsibility for their tanking public image and flee the country in the middle of a drawn out session of hysterical victimhood mongering, Islamophobia blaming and general attention whoring?

Tanking public image was it, or outright and remorseless mob mentality personal harassment?  Perhaps there was only so much rank and arrogant stupidity she could tolerate.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:55pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
You two would be squealing just as loudly if Turnbull did NOT announce that fully armed special forces were now allowed to assist in hostage sieges.

If you bothered to read the other thread you'd see I agreed with letting the army in. But as is typical of you, you miss the point. Turnbull didn't need to fly to Holsworthy and get the special forces guys to kit up with full weapons to announce this. He could have done so just as easily from his office in Canberra.
If you're going to criticise someone for using the boys in the army to further their cause, at least be consistent.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:57pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:51pm:

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

for me she's a nobody FD. I don't think of many public figures, and I do it all the time. DO you spend your nights worrying about what they all say and do? If so, then when do you sleep?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #71 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:02pm

Quote:
Ask her.  Maybe she did not think on her feet quickly enough as there was no need for her to apologise.

I see. She didn't apologise because she said something stupid. She apologised because she was too stupid to realise she did not actually need to apologise. Well done Aussie. She's not stupid, just a little slow on her feet....

Quote:
Stuffed if I can see how she mis-used public money, and if she has a view about feminism, so what.  Disagree with her point of view as much as you like.

Yes Aussie, that is what we are doing. John thinks it is Islamophobia and a violation of her rights.

Do you think this is a fair caricature? John won't say. I don't think he has figured out who it is yet.

Quote:
Tanking public image was it, or outright and remorseless mob mentality personal harassment?

She was a public figure who made a series of stupid gaffs while on a publicity generating tour, then started hysterically blaming everyone but herself, blaming Islamophobia for her own stupidity, claiming victimhood, generally being even more of an attention whore.

Quote:
Perhaps there was only so much rank and arrogant stupidity she could tolerate.

So it is everyone else's fault except for Yassmin, even when she makes the mistake of apologising when she did nothing wrong?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #72 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:04pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:57pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:51pm:

for me she's a nobody FD. I don't think of many public figures, and I do it all the time. DO you spend your nights worrying about what they all say and do? If so, then when do you sleep?

You included someone saying she was a nobody as an example of vilification. Yet you said the same thing.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:07pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
You included someone saying she was a nobody as an example of vilification. Yet you said the same thing.

why must you twist what people say and lie about it? If you can't make your point without doing so, you probably don't have a valid point.  Even Aussie explained to you where you went wrong with that and still you keep it up

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:11pm

Whatever Yassmin said or didn't say, she has in no way deserved the treatment she has received.

Anyone not vociferously condemning the vile, abusive, hate-filled threats and intimidation that has beenheaped upon her is no champion of freedom of speech.

As i teach my children, when you resort to foulness, you not only forfeit the right to be heard, you hand your opponent the win.

Yassmin, to any reasonable person, has come out of this the victor. Whatever she has said or done that is not ideal pales in comparison to the treatment she has received.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:22pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:55pm:

If you bothered to read the other thread you'd see I agreed with letting the army in. But as is typical of you, you miss the point. Turnbull didn't need to fly to Holsworthy and get the special forces guys to kit up with full weapons to announce this. He could have done so just as easily from his office in Canberra.
If you're going to criticise someone for using the boys in the army to further their cause, at least be consistent.

Bollocks, Gino.

You area whiner. You whine and squeal and complain and yea-but-no-but and oh-yeah-says-who? You always rush in to these things. That's your personality.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:27pm

mothra wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
Whatever Yassmin said or didn't say, she has in no way deserved the treatment she has received.

Anyone not vociferously condemning the vile, abusive, hate-filled threats and intimidation that has beenheaped upon her is no champion of freedom of speech.

As i teach my children, when you resort to foulness, you not only forfeit the right to be heard, you hand your opponent the win.

Yassmin, to any reasonable person, has come out of this the victor. Whatever she has said or done that is not ideal pales in comparison to the treatment she has received.

Don't make yourself a public commentator if you do not want the public to comment on you.  Islamic head-dress, big teeth and Sudanese Muslim origins do not give her immunity.  She has made a massive disservice to Muslims everywhere, once again. People like her do that.

Open, free public debate. Bring good ideas, not identity politics. She has not brought any good ideas and plenty of identity politics. She was slammed down as she deserved.
Next time, bring good ideas.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:29pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:27pm:

Don't make yourself a public commentator if you do not want the public to comment on you.  Islamic head-dress, big teeth and Sudanese Muslim origins do not give her immunity.  She has made a massive disservice to Muslims everywhere, once again. People like her do that.

Open, free public debate. Bring good ideas, not identity politics. She has not brought any good ideas and plenty of identity politics. She was slammed down as she deserved.

Where have i suggested her public comments not be commented upon?

Did you not understand what i wrote?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #78 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:30pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

why must you twist what people say and lie about it? If you can't make your point without doing so, you probably don't have a valid point.  Even Aussie explained to you where you went wrong with that and still you keep it up

Aussie explained he he also has no clue why everyone turned against her.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:47pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:22pm:

Bollocks, Gino.

You area whiner. You whine and squeal and complain and yea-but-no-but and oh-yeah-says-who? You always rush in to these things. That's your personality.

you couldn't argue the point ehhh.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:49pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:30pm:

then aussie's not thinking clearly. I told you why, Islamaphobia (ohh, and everyone did not turn on her)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:57pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:49pm:

then aussie's not thinking clearly. I told you why, Islamaphobia (ohh, and everyone did not turn on her)

'Aussie' said no such thing.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:09pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:57pm:

IS there a more dishonest poster on this forum?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:30pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:11pm:

Freeeedom, innit.

You would squeal indignantly, no matter what, you two little piggies.

Alas, old dear, I'm unaware of screaming indignantly in all the years I've been a member of our little club.

You?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:33pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:10pm:
Watch this.

FD, do you believe the evil Moslem Zacky Mallah should be free to post on Twitter that Miranda Divine could benefit from a bit of a gang-bang?

I'm curious. I'm keen to hear your view on this important topic.

FD?

You haven't yet answered this question. If I recall, it was quite important to you at the time it was aired - nearly as important as a certain 8th century torture of a Jew for his gold.

What say you?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #85 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:35pm

And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia? Your own ignorance of what is really going on. You have nothing else.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:40pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:22pm:

Bollocks, Gino.

Yes, dear boy, but as a superior NESB kulture, you have the right to not be offended.

Yeah-but-no-but correlation-not-causation always absolutely never ever. On STILTS. 

Innit.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:41pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:35pm:

And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia? Your own ignorance of what is really going on. You have nothing else.

FD? Why do you not want to answer?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:43pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:09pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:57pm:

IS there a more dishonest poster on this forum?

Let's ask.

FD?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:53pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:35pm:
And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia?

I'm not sure why you struggle so much. I've only said it about a dozen times.

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:49pm:

And you shouldn't accuse others of ignorance when the simplest concepts are clearly beyond you.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #90 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:02pm

I said it to John. You left that bit out of your quote. Here is the rest for you.

And let's not forget the question you cannot possibly give a straight answer to, even after 5 pages of tapdancing....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #91 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:09pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:02pm:
I said it to John. You left that bit out of your quote. Here is the rest for you.

And let's not forget the question you cannot possibly give a straight answer to, even after 5 pages of tapdancing....

Well, she does have the vilification laws for protection, but it seems:

Quote:
''People do have a right to be bigots, you know.''

Senator George Brandis said so.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Why don't you want to answer the question?

IP Logged

JaSinner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Under your Bed
Reply #93 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:25pm

Hi Karnal.
Would you like to go out with me?
Smiley

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:34pm

JaSinner wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:25pm:
Hi Karnal.
Smiley

Thanks, JaSin. I'd like FD to answer the question on everyone's lips. Does Freeeeedom include the right to hound Moslem women and railroad them out of town?

Maybe FD missed it.

IP Logged

JaSinner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Under your Bed
Reply #95 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:39pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:34pm:
Hi Karnal.
Smiley

Thanks, JaSin. I'd like FD to answer the question on everyone's lips. Does Freeeeedom include the right to hound Moslem women and railroad them out of town?

Maybe FD missed it.

So that's a YES.
Smiley
Sweeeeeeeet !

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:56pm

JaSinner wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Hi Karnal.
Smiley

Maybe FD missed it.

So that's a YES.
Smiley
Sweeeeeeeet !

Do you enjoy stool?

Perhaps we can squat down, dear.

IP Logged

JaSinner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Under your Bed
Reply #97 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:12pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:56pm:
Hi Karnal.
Smiley

Maybe FD missed it.

So that's a YES.
Smiley
Sweeeeeeeet !

Do you enjoy stool?

I knew it.
You live with It_is_the_Light under his Copper Pyramid.
Tongue

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 10:51am

mothra wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:29pm:

Have you seen comments on Bolt, Jones, Latham, Leak, Abbott etc from the left? But they soldier on, barely batting an eyelid.
This little petal is all traumatised because of some robust disagreement.
Don't  set yourself up as a public commentator if you can't  deal with being told to fcvk orf.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 10:52am

mothra wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:29pm:

Anyone not vociferously condemning the vile, abusive, hate-filled threats and intimidation that has beenheaped upon her is no champion of freedom of speech

Have you seen comments on Bolt, Jones, Latham, Leak, Abbott etc from the left? But they soldier on, barely batting an eyelid. Bring good ideas and defend them.

Don't  set yourself up as a public commentator if you can't  deal with being told to fcvk orf.

And your highlighted little virtue signalling pc blackmail attemp is laughable. Typical but still ridiculous.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:21am

Karnal wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:22pm:

Why don't you want to answer the question?

Oh.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:24am

Frank wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 10:51am:

What a princess. Fancy letting rape and death threats get to you.

Is this what you're referring to when you advise us to rip Muslim's hijabs off and give them a stern talking to, old boy?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:04pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:24am:
Frank wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 10:51am:

What a princess. Fancy letting rape and death threats get to you.

Where?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #103 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:05pm

Hi Karnal.
Smiley

Maybe FD missed it.

So that's a YES.
Smiley
Sweeeeeeeet !

Do you enjoy stool?

Why are your posts so full of $ hit?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:42pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
Hi Karnal.
Smiley

Maybe FD missed it.

So that's a YES.
Smiley
Sweeeeeeeet !

Do you enjoy stool?

Because he is. That's all he's got. And he likes it, miam miam, he says to to.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #105 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:59pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
Hi Karnal.
Smiley

Maybe FD missed it.

So that's a YES.
Smiley
Sweeeeeeeet !

Do you enjoy stool?

Because that's what I'm given, dear. When you are given stool, make stool-ade. That's what the old boy's mormor used to say, anyway.

Delish.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #106 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:12am

John?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:04am

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:12am:

John?

FD?

why bother repeating the questions if you just ignore the answers anyway? I answered you question ages ago. Go back and read it.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:16am by John Smith »  

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #108 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:14am

I am gobsmacked about how some people have overreacted about this issue

On Anzac Day, Yassmin Abdel-Magied posted on facebook  "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)".
She subsequently retracted, apologised for and deleted the post.

Pauline Hanson said she should be deported.
The Murdoch media and conservative politicians have said she should be sacked.
The Mechanic said she should be thrown in jail.

It's ironic considering these same people claim to be such proponents of freedom of speech (but only when they agree with what is being said).

So why have conservatives overreacted so absurdly to a fairly innocuous post which was quickly deleted?
I would say that it is not only because she is a Muslim but because she is a woman too. A combination which conservatives despise

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:17am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:14am:
I am gobsmacked about how some people have overreacted about this issue

On Anzac Day, Yassmin Abdel-Magied posted on facebook  "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)".
She subsequently retracted, apologised for and deleted the post.

Pauline Hanson said she should be deported.
The Murdoch media and conservative politicians have said she should be sacked.
The Mechanic said she should be thrown in jail.

It's ironic considering these same people claim to be such proponents of freedom of speech (but only when they agree with what is being said).

So why have conservatives overreacted so absurdly to a fairly innocuous post which was quickly deleted?
I would say that it is not only because she is a Muslim but because she is a woman too. A combination which conservatives despise

don't forget the calls for her to be killed or raped.

Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #110 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:32am

Criticizing her is all part of freedom of speech
Calling for her to be deported, sacked, thrown in jail and/or killed and raped simply for posting "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)" is clearly attacking her freedom of speech

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:34am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:32am:

Criticizing her is all part of freedom of speech
Calling for her to be deported, sacked, thrown in jail and/or killed and raped simply for posting "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)" is clearly attacking her freedom of speech

FD will ignore that and ask you the question another dozen times.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #112 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:34am

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:04am:

John?

FD?

why bother repeating the questions if you just ignore the answers anyway? I answered you question ages ago. Go back and read it.

You claimed it depends on what I think John. That is not an answer. You made this up. Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

Also, is it fair to say that every justification you offered for the charge of Islamophobia boils down to your own ignorance?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:40am

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:34am:
You claimed it depends on what I think John.

rubbish. I told you that what yasmin copped went far beyond criticism.

But you keep ignoring what I said and ask the question again. One day you might just get a different answer. But can I suggest you don't hold your breath waiting.

IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:54pm

I always laugh when I see people wasting time on what rights we should enjoy.

A "right" is what you have left when the elites who run the shadow government's have finished setting limits on your freedom.

Whether you support a right-wing stooge like Pauline or a left-wing nutter like Lee Rhiannon, your future is decided by the elites with the money to pay for the government they want.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #115 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:46pm

John, this is the closest you have come to answering the question:

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid?

I guess that depends on where you draw the line.

Why does it depend on where I draw the line? You invented this right. Are you disowning it now?

Also, is it fair to say that every justification you offered for the charge of Islamophobia boils down to your own ignorance?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:20pm

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:46pm:
John, this is the closest you have come to answering the question:

I guess that depends on where you draw the line.

Why does it depend on where I draw the line? You invented this right. Are you disowning it now?

disowning what FD? If you knew what I said why have you spent the last 3 or 4 pages pretending I didn't answer it? Are you pretending to be thick or is it that you only just now realised what I said?

Calling someone an idiot for saying something stupid is in my opinion justifiable criticism. Calling for someone to be raped or killed for what they said is, in this case, Islamophobia. Lets not pretend the people demanding she be raped or killed care that someone used anzac day to push their own agenda.
I don't know why you struggle with this so much.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #117 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:35pm

Quote:
disowning what FD? If you knew what I said why have you spent the last 3 or 4 pages pretending I didn't answer it?

Because saying that what you think depends on what I think is not an answer. Like I keep telling you, you invented this right.

Quote:
Calling someone an idiot for saying something stupid is in my opinion justifiable criticism. Calling for someone to be raped or killed for what they said is, in this case, Islamophobia.

You were calling everyone Islamphobes, including for example, because you are ignorant of whether they also criticised other ANZAC day tweets. You only brought up the rape thing after you started to look silly about this right you invented and because every justification you offered for chanting Islamophobia was based on your own ignorance.

What else does she have the right to not have said? Only what you consider to be "justifiable"?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:45pm

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:35pm:
Like I keep telling you, you invented this right.

invented what exactly FD? My opinion? noooooo Cheesy Cheesy

You were calling everyone Islamphobes, including for example, because you are ignorant of whether they also criticised other ANZAC day tweets.

care to put up some examples of calls being made to rape or kill someone because they used anzac day to push their agenda? Anyone at all?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:46pm

Only what you consider to be "justifiable"?

are you suggesting I base my opinion on what YOU think is justifiable?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #120 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:59pm

Quote:
invented what exactly FD? My opinion? noooooo

Do try to keep up John.

I do however respect her right to voice her opinions without being personally vilified for them.

Now, without telling me it depends on where I draw the line, what else does she have the right to not have said about her?

Quote:
care to put up some examples of calls being made to rape or kill someone because they used anzac day to push their agenda? Anyone at all?

You were calling everyone Islamphobes, including for example, because you are ignorant of whether they also criticised other ANZAC day tweets. Digging up something completely different on the internet does not legitimise you incoherent rants, or change the fact that your justifications were entirely based on your own ignorance. You even accused me of being an Islamophobe, but you are ignorant of your own reasons for doing so.

Do you think Yassmin said stupid things? Or do you defend her right to not be called an idiot on the grounds that you are willfully ignorant of all the stupid things she said?
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:05pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:16pm

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:59pm:
Now, without telling me it depends on where I draw the line, what else does she have the right to not have said about her?

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:20pm:
Calling someone an idiot for saying something stupid is in my opinion justifiable criticism. Calling for someone to be raped or killed for what they said is, in this case, Islamophobia.

You were calling everyone Islamphobes, including for example, because you are ignorant of whether they also criticised other ANZAC day tweets. Digging up something completely different on the internet does not legitimise you incoherent rants, or change the fact that your justifications were entirely based on your own ignorance. You even accused me of being an Islamophobe, but you are ignorant of your own reasons for doing so.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

digging up something different on the internet? You don't think it's featured in the news lately FD? How many times has she been mentioned just on ozpol in the last few months? I didn't need to dig up anything to know what was being said. I dug it up for your benefit since you were claiming the criticism was justified. Do you still think so FD? did she deserve to be condemned to be killed or raped? Was the criticism she received justified?

and I know why I called you an Islamophobe. Only one of us is ignorant on that front and it certainly isn't me. Almost every single post you make on this board proves just what an islamaphobe you are.

Do you think Yassmin said stupid things?

and here we go repeating the same questions for the what now, twentieth time? you like chasing your tail don't you FD?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #122 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:40pm

Quote:
digging up something different on the internet? You don't think it's featured in the news lately FD?

No John. I googled what you were posting and this site was the only match. You were defnding her right to not have these things said about her by plastering them all over the place.

Quote:
How many times has she been mentioned just on ozpol in the last few months?

Many times. But I ask you, how many times has she said or done something incredibly stupid, then gone on to deny her own responsibility for it, blame everyone else and hysterically claim victimhod? She is an attention whore. And here you are complaining about all the attention she gets.

Quote:
I dug it up for your benefit since you were claiming the criticism was justified.

Obviously I was referring to the criticism we were discussing and which you claimed to be defending her from because it somehow violates her rights.

Quote:
and I know why I called you an Islamophobe

No you don't. Even this you are ignorant of. Every time you accuse someone of Islamophobia, you reasons boil down to your own ignorance.

Quote:
and here we go repeating the same questions for the what now, twentieth time? you like chasing your tail don't you FD?

You said that whether she has the right to not be called an idiot depends on what she said. Well, did she say stupid things? Does she have the right to not be called an idiot? How does it work, defending her right to not have mean things said about her, by implying she is an idiot and digging up the most vile things you can find on the internet about her to publicise?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:53pm

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:40pm:
No John. I googled what you were posting and this site was the only match.

what a load of rubbish. I copied the image from this site did I? you aren't very good with google if that's all you found.

And here you are complaining about all the attention she gets.

yeah right. How dare a muslim stand up for her faith. What an attention whore.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Obviously I was referring to the criticism we were discussing and which you claimed to be defending her from because it somehow violates her rights.

it was so obvious that no one noticed.

No you don't.

ohh yes I do. I doubt many are in doubt. You own a politics forum but 99.9% of your posts are to complain about Islam. Who does that except an islamphobe?

Well, did she say stupid things?

Not really. But I understand that some might argue she did.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #124 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:58pm

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot? What else does she have the right to not have said about her?

Can you give an example from this thread or the previous one where you accused someone of Islamophobia, and your reasons did not boil down to your own ignorance?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:40pm

All this going around in circles cause FD is butt hurt that he was called an Islamophobe.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #126 - Yesterday at 10:31am

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:40pm:
All this going around in circles cause FD is butt hurt that he was called an Islamophobe.  Grin Grin Grin

Effendi, do you deny being an Islamophobe?

Definition:

Islamophobia
ɪzˌlaməˈfəʊbɪə/
noun
noun: Islamophobia

dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #127 - Yesterday at 12:35pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:40pm:

You said that whether she has these rights you invented depended on things you were willfully ignorant of. Now apparently you have finally worked through the complexities of the issue, so we can get back to the original question.

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot? What else does she have the right to not have said about her?

Can you give an example from this thread or the previous one where you accused someone of Islamophobia, and your reasons did not boil down to your own ignorance?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Yesterday at 3:26pm

Butt hurt  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print