Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
redefining freedom of speech (Read 8599 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: redefining freedom of speech
Reply #75 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:22pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:55pm:
Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
You two would be squealing just as loudly if Turnbull did NOT announce that fully armed special forces were now allowed to assist in hostage sieges.

If you bothered to read the other thread you'd see I agreed with letting the army in. But as is typical of you, you miss the point. Turnbull didn't need to fly to Holsworthy and get the special forces guys to kit up with full weapons to announce this. He could have done so just as easily from his office in Canberra.
If you're going to criticise someone for using the boys in the army to further their cause, at least be consistent.

Bollocks, Gino.

You area whiner. You whine and squeal and complain and yea-but-no-but and oh-yeah-says-who? You always rush in to these things. That's your personality.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:27pm

mothra wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
Whatever Yassmin said or didn't say, she has in no way deserved the treatment she has received.

Anyone not vociferously condemning the vile, abusive, hate-filled threats and intimidation that has beenheaped upon her is no champion of freedom of speech.

As i teach my children, when you resort to foulness, you not only forfeit the right to be heard, you hand your opponent the win.

Yassmin, to any reasonable person, has come out of this the victor. Whatever she has said or done that is not ideal pales in comparison to the treatment she has received.

Don't make yourself a public commentator if you do not want the public to comment on you.  Islamic head-dress, big teeth and Sudanese Muslim origins do not give her immunity.  She has made a massive disservice to Muslims everywhere, once again. People like her do that.

Open, free public debate. Bring good ideas, not identity politics. She has not brought any good ideas and plenty of identity politics. She was slammed down as she deserved.
Next time, bring good ideas.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:29pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:27pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
Whatever Yassmin said or didn't say, she has in no way deserved the treatment she has received.

Anyone not vociferously condemning the vile, abusive, hate-filled threats and intimidation that has beenheaped upon her is no champion of freedom of speech.

As i teach my children, when you resort to foulness, you not only forfeit the right to be heard, you hand your opponent the win.

Yassmin, to any reasonable person, has come out of this the victor. Whatever she has said or done that is not ideal pales in comparison to the treatment she has received.

Don't make yourself a public commentator if you do not want the public to comment on you.  Islamic head-dress, big teeth and Sudanese Muslim origins do not give her immunity.  She has made a massive disservice to Muslims everywhere, once again. People like her do that.

Open, free public debate. Bring good ideas, not identity politics. She has not brought any good ideas and plenty of identity politics. She was slammed down as she deserved.
Next time, bring good ideas.

Where have i suggested her public comments not be commented upon?

Did you not understand what i wrote?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #78 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:30pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
You included someone saying she was a nobody as an example of vilification. Yet you said the same thing.

why must you twist what people say and lie about it? If you can't make your point without doing so, you probably don't have a valid point.  Even Aussie explained to you where you went wrong with that and still you keep it up

Aussie explained he he also has no clue why everyone turned against her.

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:47pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:22pm:
You two would be squealing just as loudly if Turnbull did NOT announce that fully armed special forces were now allowed to assist in hostage sieges.

If you bothered to read the other thread you'd see I agreed with letting the army in. But as is typical of you, you miss the point. Turnbull didn't need to fly to Holsworthy and get the special forces guys to kit up with full weapons to announce this. He could have done so just as easily from his office in Canberra.
If you're going to criticise someone for using the boys in the army to further their cause, at least be consistent.

Bollocks, Gino.

You area whiner. You whine and squeal and complain and yea-but-no-but and oh-yeah-says-who? You always rush in to these things. That's your personality.

you couldn't argue the point ehhh.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:49pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:30pm:

then aussie's not thinking clearly. I told you why, Islamaphobia (ohh, and everyone did not turn on her)

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:57pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:49pm:

then aussie's not thinking clearly. I told you why, Islamaphobia (ohh, and everyone did not turn on her)

'Aussie' said no such thing.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:09pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:57pm:

IS there a more dishonest poster on this forum?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:30pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:11pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:08pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
Last night on Q&A, Matt Canavan said it was naughty of her to link what is identified respectfully with Australian Armed forces with bad stuff in the Land of Arabs.

and at the same time he defended Turnbull using fully armed and kitted special forces troops, complete with face masks, for a photo op.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Freeeedom, innit.

You would squeal indignantly, no matter what, you two little piggies.

Alas, old dear, I'm unaware of screaming indignantly in all the years I've been a member of our little club.

You?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:33pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:10pm:
Watch this.

FD, do you believe the evil Moslem Zacky Mallah should be free to post on Twitter that Miranda Divine could benefit from a bit of a gang-bang?

I'm curious. I'm keen to hear your view on this important topic.

FD?

You haven't yet answered this question. If I recall, it was quite important to you at the time it was aired - nearly as important as a certain 8th century torture of a Jew for his gold.

What say you?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #85 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:35pm

And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia? Your own ignorance of what is really going on. You have nothing else.

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:40pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:22pm:

Bollocks, Gino.

Yes, dear boy, but as a superior NESB kulture, you have the right to not be offended.

Yeah-but-no-but correlation-not-causation always absolutely never ever. On STILTS. 

Innit.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:41pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:35pm:

And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia? Your own ignorance of what is really going on. You have nothing else.

FD? Why do you not want to answer?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:43pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:09pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:57pm:

IS there a more dishonest poster on this forum?

Let's ask.

FD?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:53pm

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:35pm:
And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia?

I'm not sure why you struggle so much. I've only said it about a dozen times.

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:49pm:

And you shouldn't accuse others of ignorance when the simplest concepts are clearly beyond you.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print