Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
redefining freedom of speech (Read 8585 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
redefining freedom of speech
Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:14pm

In a discussion about all the stupid things Yassmin Abdel-Magied has been sprouting lately:

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
Unlike you, I don't think of her at all FD. I have neither respect for her and her opinions, nor do I disrespect her. As far as I am concerned she is an non entity.

I do however respect her right to voice her opinions without being personally vilified for them. Agree with her, disagree with her I really don't care. But debate the argument, not the person

John is it disrespectful to label her a non-entity?

How stupid is she allowed to get before we can call her an idiot?
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:25pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: John Smith redefines freedom of speech
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:14pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
Unlike you, I don't think of her at all FD. I have neither respect for her and her opinions, nor do I disrespect her. As far as I am concerned she is an non entity.

I do however respect her right to voice her opinions without being personally vilified for them. Agree with her, disagree with her I really don't care. But debate the argument, not the person

John is it disrespectful to label her a non-entity?

How stupid is she allowed to get before we can call her an idiot?

He did not mean what you have taken it to mean.  I believe it was a throw away comment along the lines of complete lack of interest in her specific identity.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm

haven't you got some rule about using members names in thread titles FD?

how do you expect anyone else to  follow your rules when you don't. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm

John smith.. the forums political retard... is not the sharpest tool in the shed...  Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: redefining freedom of speech
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Says the dullest tool in the shed.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
He did not mean what you have taken it to mean.

FD knows that, but if FD isn't pretending I said something different to what i said, he wouldn't be able to argue his point.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:23pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
John smith.. the forums political retard... is not the sharpest tool in the shed...  Roll Eyes

and still I'm twice as sharp as you.

Not looking good for you dopey

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:26pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm:

FD knows that, but if FD isn't pretending I said something different to what i said, he wouldn't be able to argue his point.

So I also know what you really meant, but like you, I am not telling?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:29pm

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:26pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm:

So I also know what you really meant, but like you, I am not telling?

isn't time you put up a meme?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:54pm

This is like interpreting the Koran.

It's called a cartoon John. Do you think this is a fair caricature?

John for someone who constantly whines about people putting words into your mouth, you are remarkably reluctant to put your own there, even while insisting you previously put the wrong ones in.

Is anyone willing to hazard a guess at what John really meant?

John, you felt an urgent and persistent need to come to Yassmin's defence. To do so you invented a reason for her downfall - Islamophobia. Inspired, no doubt, by her now constant cries of victimhood. You proved this charge by citing things that according to you, other people had not said. You only paused from this nonsense to complain about people putting words into your mouth.

You then realised that you also had to insist you do not give a sh1t (or even notice apparently) the real reason for everyone turning on her, while doing an elaborate tapdance on whether she deserves respect.

Tell us John, just how stupid would someone have to be to misuse public money to fund their tour of the middle east to promote their new book, then take that opportunity, standing on the doorstep of the middle east's newly resurgent sex slave industry at the hands of another Islamic state, to declare to the world that Islam is the most feminist of all religions? Perhaps she thought no-one would notice? Scale of 1 to 10 John - how stupid?

Not satisfied with discarding common sense to ride to her aid, you then decided to redefine freedom of speech for her.

But now, just like Yassmin, you are the misunderstood victim, right?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:21am

freediver wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
John for someone who constantly whines about people putting words into your mouth, you are remarkably reluctant to put your own there, even while insisting you previously put the wrong ones in.

reluctant? go back through this thread and others, and look for posts by 'John Smith' .... you must have a different definition of reluctant

Is anyone willing to hazard a guess at what John really meant?

no need to guess, it's all there in black and white.

John, you felt an urgent and persistent need to come to Yassmin's defence. To do so you invented a reason for her downfall - Islamophobia.

A. I didn't invent anything, you have a long and recorded history of Islamaphobia
B. As I told you 3 or 4 times already, I am defending her right to her opionion. That doesn't mean I agree or disagree with her opinion. That means what it says. There is no guesswork involved.
But you for some reason can't accept that. It doesn't further your agenda to accept that. You have to pretend that i'm defending her views. In my opinion you and her are both as nuts as each other, just on opposite sides of the coin.

You then realised that you also had to insist you do not give a sh1t (or even notice apparently) the real reason for everyone turning on her, while doing an elaborate tapdance on whether she deserves respect.

Actually, pretty sure I made clear my reason on why people turned on her. Your only problem is that it doesn't help your fight against Islam so you keep just keep on pretending otherwise.

Tell us John, just how stupid would someone have to be to misuse public money to fund their tour of the middle east to promote their new book, then take that opportunity, standing on the doorstep of the middle east's newly resurgent sex slave industry at the hands of another Islamic state, to declare to the world that Islam is the most feminist of all religions? Perhaps she thought no-one would notice? Scale of 1 to 10 John - how stupid?

I've asked you 3 or 4 times what misuse of funds FD. Finally half an answer.

This is the first I can recall hearing of this book tour, and knowing your propensity to twist things. I'm just not prepared to give an opinion based on what you say.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:32am

Everyone is equally entitled to my opinion!

Poor little Yassmin was just culturally insensitive.... a few more years drinking at the bar with a few Aussie brickies and she'd know all about how Australia works.... get out into the bush and listen to the Heart Of Australia with their down to earth sense discussing politics and social issues.... stay away from those big cities with all their flashy lights and their flashier gold chain wearing pimps (especially at the ABC/SBS), their corrupt importees, their xenophobic ghetto dwellers, and other miscreants - get out where the air is pure and free and get to the grassroots where most everyone's Grampa went to war etc and is listed on the memorial down at the local community hall .....

She left too soon to actually begin to learn something.... a nation that annually imports countless refugees from all nations on this earth is not one with a hate on those people.... and this nation and its culture are not responsible for the often pig-headed decisions of political appointees and elected clowns, who operate out there without any civilised constraint and according to their own rules, regardless of the ordinary people out here.

There is still hope at the Heart of Australia..... just don't go treading all over it with your self-righteous boots.... like everyone else does... or you'll be bitten...
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:43am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:14am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:32am:
. and this nation and its culture are not responsible for the often pig-headed decisions of political appointees ...

Andrew "The Terror"  Fisher became Australian dictator and life-president in 1914. He sent armed squads to shoot up Muslims at Gallipoli despite desperate pleas from shearers and swaggies to show mercy .

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:54am

chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:14am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:32am:
. and this nation and its culture are not responsible for the often pig-headed decisions of political appointees ...

Andrew "The Terror"  Fisher became Australian dictator and life-president in 1914. He sent armed squads to shoot up Muslims at Gallipoli despite desperate pleas from shearers and swaggies to show mercy .

...not this swaggy

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:07pm

exactly

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print