Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
redefining freedom of speech (Read 8579 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: redefining freedom of speech
Reply #105 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:59pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:56pm:
Jasin wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:34pm:
Jasin wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:25pm:
Hi Karnal.
Would you like to go out with me?
Smiley

Thanks, JaSin. I'd like FD to answer the question on everyone's lips. Does Freeeeedom include the right to hound Moslem women and railroad them out of town?

Maybe FD missed it.

So that's a YES.
Smiley
Sweeeeeeeet !

Do you enjoy stool?

Perhaps we can squat down, dear.

Why are your posts so full of $ hit?

Because that's what I'm given, dear. When you are given stool, make stool-ade. That's what the old boy's mormor used to say, anyway.

Delish.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #106 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:12am

freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:02pm:
I said it to John. You left that bit out of your quote. Here is the rest for you.

And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia? Your own ignorance of what is really going on. You have nothing else.

And let's not forget the question you cannot possibly give a straight answer to, even after 5 pages of tapdancing....

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

John?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:04am

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:12am:
I said it to John. You left that bit out of your quote. Here is the rest for you.

And how do you justify the charge of Islamophobia? Your own ignorance of what is really going on. You have nothing else.

And let's not forget the question you cannot possibly give a straight answer to, even after 5 pages of tapdancing....

Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

John?

FD?

why bother repeating the questions if you just ignore the answers anyway? I answered you question ages ago. Go back and read it.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:16am by John Smith »  

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #108 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:14am

I am gobsmacked about how some people have overreacted about this issue

On Anzac Day, Yassmin Abdel-Magied posted on facebook  "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)".
She subsequently retracted, apologised for and deleted the post.

Pauline Hanson said she should be deported.
The Murdoch media and conservative politicians have said she should be sacked.
The Mechanic said she should be thrown in jail.

It's ironic considering these same people claim to be such proponents of freedom of speech (but only when they agree with what is being said).

So why have conservatives overreacted so absurdly to a fairly innocuous post which was quickly deleted?
I would say that it is not only because she is a Muslim but because she is a woman too. A combination which conservatives despise

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:17am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:14am:
I am gobsmacked about how some people have overreacted about this issue

On Anzac Day, Yassmin Abdel-Magied posted on facebook  "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)".
She subsequently retracted, apologised for and deleted the post.

Pauline Hanson said she should be deported.
The Murdoch media and conservative politicians have said she should be sacked.
The Mechanic said she should be thrown in jail.

It's ironic considering these same people claim to be such proponents of freedom of speech (but only when they agree with what is being said).

So why have conservatives overreacted so absurdly to a fairly innocuous post which was quickly deleted?
I would say that it is not only because she is a Muslim but because she is a woman too. A combination which conservatives despise

don't forget the calls for her to be killed or raped.

Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #110 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:32am

Criticizing her is all part of freedom of speech
Calling for her to be deported, sacked, thrown in jail and/or killed and raped simply for posting "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)" is clearly attacking her freedom of speech

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:34am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:32am:

Criticizing her is all part of freedom of speech
Calling for her to be deported, sacked, thrown in jail and/or killed and raped simply for posting "Lest we forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine)" is clearly attacking her freedom of speech

FD will ignore that and ask you the question another dozen times.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #112 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:34am

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:04am:

John?

FD?

why bother repeating the questions if you just ignore the answers anyway? I answered you question ages ago. Go back and read it.

You claimed it depends on what I think John. That is not an answer. You made this up. Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid? What else does she have the right to not have said?

Also, is it fair to say that every justification you offered for the charge of Islamophobia boils down to your own ignorance?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:40am

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:34am:
You claimed it depends on what I think John.

rubbish. I told you that what yasmin copped went far beyond criticism.

But you keep ignoring what I said and ask the question again. One day you might just get a different answer. But can I suggest you don't hold your breath waiting.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:54pm

I always laugh when I see people wasting time on what rights we should enjoy.

A "right" is what you have left when the elites who run the shadow government's have finished setting limits on your freedom.

Whether you support a right-wing stooge like Pauline or a left-wing nutter like Lee Rhiannon, your future is decided by the elites with the money to pay for the government they want.

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #115 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:46pm

John, this is the closest you have come to answering the question:

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid?

I guess that depends on where you draw the line.

Why does it depend on where I draw the line? You invented this right. Are you disowning it now?

Also, is it fair to say that every justification you offered for the charge of Islamophobia boils down to your own ignorance?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:20pm

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:46pm:
John, this is the closest you have come to answering the question:

John Smith wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
Does Yassmin have the right to not be called an idiot every time she says something stupid?

I guess that depends on where you draw the line.

Why does it depend on where I draw the line? You invented this right. Are you disowning it now?

disowning what FD? If you knew what I said why have you spent the last 3 or 4 pages pretending I didn't answer it? Are you pretending to be thick or is it that you only just now realised what I said?

Calling someone an idiot for saying something stupid is in my opinion justifiable criticism. Calling for someone to be raped or killed for what they said is, in this case, Islamophobia. Lets not pretend the people demanding she be raped or killed care that someone used anzac day to push their own agenda.
I don't know why you struggle with this so much.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #117 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:35pm

Quote:
disowning what FD? If you knew what I said why have you spent the last 3 or 4 pages pretending I didn't answer it?

Because saying that what you think depends on what I think is not an answer. Like I keep telling you, you invented this right.

Quote:
Calling someone an idiot for saying something stupid is in my opinion justifiable criticism. Calling for someone to be raped or killed for what they said is, in this case, Islamophobia.

You were calling everyone Islamphobes, including for example, because you are ignorant of whether they also criticised other ANZAC day tweets. You only brought up the rape thing after you started to look silly about this right you invented and because every justification you offered for chanting Islamophobia was based on your own ignorance.

What else does she have the right to not have said? Only what you consider to be "justifiable"?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:45pm

freediver wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:35pm:
Like I keep telling you, you invented this right.

invented what exactly FD? My opinion? noooooo Cheesy Cheesy

You were calling everyone Islamphobes, including for example, because you are ignorant of whether they also criticised other ANZAC day tweets.

care to put up some examples of calls being made to rape or kill someone because they used anzac day to push their agenda? Anyone at all?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:46pm

Only what you consider to be "justifiable"?

are you suggesting I base my opinion on what YOU think is justifiable?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print