Ban The Internet (Read 829 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Ban The Internet
Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:31am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:40am:
Remember when we had to 'think' in order to solve problems. Couldn't find an address?; reach for the street directory or, gulp  ask directions. Want to make pumkin soup?; bring out the cook book. Want a good meal at a restaurant?; ask friends and work collegues. Now it's all smacking google

Grin  The ex and I had her grand-kids for a day t'other day,and it was warm, so we were looking for a Domino's to try one of their new thick shakes... no idea where one was nearby.

Ex's grandson piped up from the back seat - "I know how to find a Domino's!......... just use google!!"

Dear old me forgot that I could do that on my mobile... oh, well...  Undecided  Undecided  Undecided

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:40am:
Remember when we had to 'think' in order to solve problems. Couldn't find an address?; reach for the street directory or, gulp  ask directions. Want to make pumkin soup?; bring out the cook book. Want a good meal at a restaurant?; ask friends and work collegues. Now it's all smacking google

Ah well I choose the methods you outlined above. I've never googled a recipe, and the few times I tried maps and things ?? forget it.

Roll Eyes

live every day

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Google has its uses, but I like cookbooks etc too.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print