Ban The Internet (Read 606 times)
Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Re: Ban The Internet
Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:31am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:40am:
Remember when we had to 'think' in order to solve problems. Couldn't find an address?; reach for the street directory or, gulp  ask directions. Want to make pumkin soup?; bring out the cook book. Want a good meal at a restaurant?; ask friends and work collegues. Now it's all smacking google

Grin  The ex and I had her grand-kids for a day t'other day,and it was warm, so we were looking for a Domino's to try one of their new thick shakes... no idea where one was nearby.

Ex's grandson piped up from the back seat - "I know how to find a Domino's!......... just use google!!"

Dear old me forgot that I could do that on my mobile... oh, well...  Undecided  Undecided  Undecided

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:40am:
Remember when we had to 'think' in order to solve problems. Couldn't find an address?; reach for the street directory or, gulp  ask directions. Want to make pumkin soup?; bring out the cook book. Want a good meal at a restaurant?; ask friends and work collegues. Now it's all smacking google

Ah well I choose the methods you outlined above. I've never googled a recipe, and the few times I tried maps and things ?? forget it.

Roll Eyes

live every day

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Debate without hate

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Google has its uses, but I like cookbooks etc too.

Members here just need to know Jovial Monk’s PA is much more true to the PA of old than the board hanging off this forum. Safer, no doxxing!

Debate without hate—just click on the www button below
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print