Jasin
Gold Member

Are you an Android?
Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:03pm

In ages past...
Life was physically hard, but mentally simple

In ages coming...
Life is physically easy, but mentally complex

With this said. In the so-called 'Technologically Advanced' and now somewhat 'dependent' Societies.

Do you think of yourself as the typical 'Mentality Worker' of white-collar processing and computer dependent Academia?
Are you suffering
MENTAL STRESS
along with the growing number of others in this 'complicated' world of Technologically dependent Society?

If the 'mascot' of the Old Worlds was the Neanderthal-looking Primative that everyone endeavoured to rise up from.
Is the 'mascot' of the New Worlds the 'Alien' with the weak body and massive brain, what everyone should be steering away from ...to survive?

It's like the escape from the past and the future we fear to go into.

Do you live your life totally dependent on Technology?
Do you rely on it continually to adjust your thought patterns?
Are you just a photocopying machine of what Technology processes into you?
...are you just a REPLICANT
?

Well,
...thoughts?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Are you an Android?
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:48pm

Would I know if i was an android?
Wouldn't I be programmed just to accept whatever I did?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 2:52pm

bogarde73 wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:48pm:
Would I know if i was an android?
Wouldn't I be programmed just to accept whatever I did?

maybe they would program you, so you would not accept being an android.

course, in not accepting you were an android, that'ld prove you were not an android ......

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 2:59pm

There are great advancements in robotics.

Take denizen The Mechanic for instance. It's handler sticks a suppository in it and it then boots up and starts to blather and blubber scripted inane nonsense.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:45am

I see so many people, who are fixated with their phones, Ipads, etc. That have joined the ranks of people who watch their TV's that have pride of place in a house, like it was a 'Shrine' of old.
Their minds absorb everything that these devices project for them. They 'believe' everything they see on them, more so than they believe in what's going on around them in an immediate sense. Sit down in a work lunchroom and count the amount of people who's conversation relates to something they've seen on the Net or TV.

It's not just mental either, many 'physical' (Blue Collar) workers in factories now exhibit repetitious actions associated with the 'control' of a machine.

Long ago, humans were controlled by the jungle or forest, but now - the Machine, the Computer, etc ...controls them.

I'm partially 'Android' - that I can admit.
But I'm consciously aware of it and always try to minimalise it as much as I can. Not too much though.
But I look at it like 'one beer a night' rather than 'one slab or two a night'.

This subject came to me because of the amount of people I now see who can't think for themselves and are so mentally dependent on technology to do it for them.
I'm not talking about anyone here.
I purposely are not including anyone here or bothering about the possibility for arguement's sake here.

How many Androids do you know or come in contact with out there?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:04am

Jasin wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:45am:
I see so many people, who are fixated with their phones, Ipads, etc. That have joined the ranks of people who watch their TV's that have pride of place in a house, like it was a 'Shrine' of old.
Their minds absorb everything that these devices project for them. They 'believe' everything they see on them, more so than they believe in what's going on around them in an immediate sense. Sit down in a work lunchroom and count the amount of people who's conversation relates to something they've seen on the Net or TV.

It's not just mental either, many 'physical' (Blue Collar) workers in factories now exhibit repetitious actions associated with the 'control' of a machine.

Long ago, humans were controlled by the jungle or forest, but now - the Machine, the Computer, etc ...controls them.

But I'm consciously aware of it and always try to minimalise it as much as I can. Not too much though.

This subject came to me because of the amount of people I now see who can't think for themselves and are so mentally dependent on technology to do it for them.
I purposely are not including anyone here or bothering about the possibility for arguement's sake here.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

The penny drops.

So, The Androids are not 'in the moment'.
Yes, many of the people who commute on the buses are androids. Totally captivated by their phones.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:08am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:04am:
Jasin wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:45am:

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

The penny drops.

So, The Androids are not 'in the moment'.
Yes, many of the people who commute on the buses are androids. Totally captivated by their phones.

Very good example

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:15am

I am part machine now.

Handling mental stress of working with idiots is very bad for anyone's health.

You will shorten your life by working in stressful jobs.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 5:54pm

I do not suffer from stress that I am aware of. I do not use a smart phone. I access the internet when at home on a desktop computer. If someone really needs to talk to me, they can call the landline and leave a message. I don't use social media, I don't try to keep up with what's going down. My main interest these days is music; actual music, not this stuff called songs.

I'm watching Shaun McCallif the other night and he comes out with this: "In technology news, scientists are claiming a breakthrough with a robot that can play the the xylophone. Perhaps a real breakthrough would be a robot that wants to listen to the xylophone." I think this indicates that not everyone is Android material. The fact is that society has always needed drones, like a beehive.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:02pm

Well said IssueVoter

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print