Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
The disappearing plastic bag (Read 2044 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Bogarde Contra Mundum

The disappearing plastic bag
Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:25am

Good announcement from the Big 2. Of course it's been in place at Aldi since Year 1.

How significant is it in the global scheme of things? Don't know but every bit helps in the effort to protect marine life. We've got enough islands already without making artificial plastic ones.

Expect added effort from the plastics industry though to replace lost business. And I wonder how much of a dent it makes in pollution - there's so much plastic everywhere. I'm typing on it now.

Coming back to the personal. How do I get my rubbish out to the Otto now? This is a problem of great moment. I only really visit Woolies to get a few plastic bags for this purpose.
Can we bring back the paper shopping bags?
A renewable and degradable resource.

"When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike, you do not wait until he has struck before you crush him." Sept. 11, 1941, fireside chat, Franklin Roosevelt

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The disappearing plastic bag
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:36am

what will we put the fruit and veggies in boges???..

the size of the ones in woollies I always thought bizarre anyway..... does that also mean no more green bags at the check out?....

it seems counter productive to me when you can  buy snaplock plastic bags.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Bogarde Contra Mundum

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:39am

As I understand it they will be having a "get used to it" range of phase in - wait for it - plastic bags.

"When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike, you do not wait until he has struck before you crush him." Sept. 11, 1941, fireside chat, Franklin Roosevelt

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:44am

bogarde73 wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:39am:
As I understand it they will be having a "get used to it" range of phase in - wait for it - plastic bags.

ahhhhh the good old plastic bag when you dont want a plastic bag   got it?....

its weird how everything becomes acceptable when you pay for it.. Smiley

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra, ACT.
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:46am

Canberra stopped allowing plastic bags, many years ago.

I use these to carry the groceries in:

and buy these for "bin liners":

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:49am

Stupid move.

I reuse every single plastic bag I get from Woollies.

Now I'll have to buy plastic bin liners (which are a thicker, less biodegradable plastic), and they'll only be used once.

This is designed to make people feel good - nothing else.

If IGA stores keep giving out plastic bags, I'll switch to them.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:02am

Neferti wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:46am:
Canberra stopped allowing plastic bags, many years ago.

I use these to carry the groceries in:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/8530458-1x1-940x940.jpg

and buy these for "bin liners":

https://wowprodmedia002aae.azureedge.net/content/wowproductimages/large/229796.j...

I was thinking they mean the ones you fill yourself as well nef?...isnt that all plastic?....

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:05am

Re-usable plastic bags are actually worse for the environment than the disposable ones. This is a massive coup for the supermarkets. They get to charge you for something that used to be free and harm the environment while posturing as being environmentally friendly.

No wonder they are doing it voluntarily.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:20am

Why would Woolies want to supply free plastic bags when they can make a quid selling the reusable ones.

Most of us in Canberra end up with our car boots full of bloody green bags and still occasionally forget to take them into Woolies and end up buying more.

Angry

The Scam The Government Providers -
Job Services Australia (4 Corners 23/2/15)
Private Health Insurance
Family Day Care
My Aged Care
NDIS

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #9 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:27am

Seems strange their all doing it at the same time, not leaving the consumer a choice.

Its the oligarchy again............................ Angry

1. "There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than the carbon tax." Ajax
2. “Scratch the average homosexual and you will find a pedophile" Kevin Bishop (homosexual)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:46am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:20am:
Why would Woolies want to supply free plastic bags when they can make a quid selling the reusable ones.

Most of us in Canberra end up with our car boots full of bloody green bags and still occasionally forget to take them into Woolies and end up buying more.

Angry

thats me...had to buy one yesterday  I go in for 3 things and come out with 3 bags full...I bet the bloody things are all made in China as well.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:03am

Use empty bread bags, milk cartons or empty chip/frozen vegie bags for rubbish.  Line kitchen tidy bins with newspaper.

I remember when the 'green' cloth bags were first introduced into supermarkets and were reported to contain dangerously high levels of Formaldeyde.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:05am

I really don't like the big bags for vegies either and I don't like storing my vegies in plastic.

I would rather have cloth bags like little kid's library bags.   There's an idea!!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:30am

Black Orchid wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:05am:
I really don't like the big bags for vegies either and I don't like storing my vegies in plastic.

I would rather have cloth bags like little kid's library bags.   There's an idea!!

trouble is they would need washing every do often...

remember the string bags...lol...lets hope whatever they are trying to achieve they get it right this time...

I am a cynic  I think!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:39am

The grey plastic bags that Woolies use now breakdown & crumble even when kept out of the light.

I reuse everyone of them.

This isn't about being "green & clean".

It's all about making money from selling you the other "plastic bags" or the no better reusable ones.

Oh & those reusable bags would take longer to break down in the environment.

And have you seen the state of some of the bags that people bring in & put on the checkout counters?

Absolutely filthy.

Politicians are like nappies; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.
The most difficult choice a politician must ever make is whether to be a hypocrite or a liar.

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #15 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:45am

cods wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:36am:

the size of the ones in woollies I always thought bizarre anyway..... does that also mean no more green bags at the check out?....

it seems counter productive to me when you can  buy snaplock plastic bags.. Roll Eyes

.. and the fish and prawns from the deli - they'll leak everywhere.... not to mention the meat....

I like the big blue thick IGA ones.. the BEST garbage bags.  Ours all go in the bin and not into the dolphin environment or whatever... and cut the lids out of your tins... saw a picture of a snake that got caught in a can and died.

When down south had a snake head up the dead end pipe from the duck pen bath tub (their overnight swim), so I dug it up so the snake wouldn't get caught and die... no snake.. still no idea where it went or how it got out.

Most snakes eat mice and rats and are pretty harmless - good value around the chook pen where the rats come in winter for free food.  Bloody rats will eat anything - I put a whole new box of Ratsak on that shelf and the bloody rats ate the lot.... swine....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:52am

Ye Grappler wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:45am:

.. and the fish and prawns from the deli - they'll leak everywhere.... not to mention the meat....

I like the big blue thick IGA ones.. the BEST garbage bags.  Ours all go in the bin and not into the dolphin environment or whatever... and cut the lids out of your tins... saw a picture of a snake that got caught in a can and died.

When down south had a snake head up the dead end pipe from the duck pen bath tub (their overnight swim), so I dug it up so the snake wouldn't get caught and die... no snake.. still no idea where it went or how it got out.

Most snakes eat mice and rats and are pretty harmless - good value around the chook pen where the rats come in winter for free food.  Bloody rats will eat anything - I put a whole new box of Ratsak on that shelf and the bloody rats ate the lot.... swine....

I have two cats...do the rodents eat through plastic?? I guess they do...nothing is safe...years ago mums or nans would knit or crochet shopping bags  but then they never bought food like we do?.. Roll Eyes

its a whopping big con I reckon to make you buy MORE...

my mum walked everywhere and carried everything home.. it was almost a daily ritual....

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #17 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:08pm

Ye Grappler wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:45am:

I once spent a few days feeding out more and more of the chicken pellet style ratsak. One day I hung around to watch. After about ten seconds cockroaches swarmed all over it. They each took one pellet then ran away.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw
IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #18 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:18pm

Of course! They have disappeared into the ocean.

Humans are addicted to the production of waste and something else will replace plastic bag waste if the supply is cut off.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:19pm

Its all about muzzos

There have been too many cases of tge retarded CULT followers suffocating because they put the plastic bag over their heads when it rainsvand they are so used to wearing a burka.

Lucky for them, they seldom have brain damage as there isnt enough brains to damage.

Stoooopid little muzzos

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:21pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:19pm:
Its all about muzzo

muzzos? even on a thread about plastic bags?

go see a shrink. You need help

REPORTER: The condition of the budget will not be an excuse for breaking promises?

TONY ABBOTT: Exactly right. We will keep the commitments that we make.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Bogarde Contra Mundum

Reply #21 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:16am

Those old style thick paper shopping bags are the answer. Made from plantation timber. Good for the environment. Recyclable even.
I'd willingly pay maybe 50c each for them.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:42am

I was reading this morning that there is even plastic in tea bags.   I cannot believe they put plastic in tea bags?

IP Logged

Rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:46am

we have allowed the faceless multi national corporations to rape this planet. Theres plastic everywhere, they put micro beads of the stuff in shampoo products, little plastic tags on loaves of bread with plastic wrappers, plastic tabs on milk. It all ends up in landfill or in our oceans. All single use plastic must be banned, plastic bags are 0.01 percent of the problem.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:53am

A better system would be for supermarkets to charge for each plastic bag, even if it's a few cents. People who really put them to use as bin liners wouldn't mind paying but it would probably deter people who get a plastic bag for just one thing.

My biggest gripe is disposable coffee cups as they are made with some of the most non-degradable crap out there. I haven't used one for about 5 years now.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:39am

Gordon wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:53am:
A better system would be for supermarkets to charge for each plastic bag, even if it's a few cents. People who really put them to use as bin liners wouldn't mind paying but it would probably deter people who get a plastic bag for just one thing.

My biggest gripe is disposable coffee cups as they are made with some of the most non-degradable crap out there. I haven't used one for about 5 years now.

Gordon  don't you think consumers are already paying for the plastic bags?

The cost of which would be factored into the price of your groceries.

Just like the discount fuel docket scam.

We all pay for them ..... and sometimes in more ways than one.

Politicians are like nappies; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.
The most difficult choice a politician must ever make is whether to be a hypocrite or a liar.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #26 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:43am

Gnads wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Gordon wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:53am:

Gordon  don't you think consumers are already paying for the plastic bags?

The cost of which would be factored into the price of your groceries.

Just like the discount fuel docket scam.

We all pay for them ..... and sometimes in more ways than one.

I was actually going to write that the supermarkets should do an overall price reduction to account for the plastic bag savings, then chuckled at supermarkets being honest enough to do that.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:50am

I like the Harris Farm chain, I know the owner and his heart really is in the right place, but I also know he's a hard headed business man.

For a few months the checkout operators have been pushing paper bags or boxes over plastic bags. So they either win by selling paper bags or getting the boxes disposed of for free Smiley

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #28 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:10pm

I did a huge post holiday shop today so it was gi-smacking-gantic and bag less, and we nailed it.

I got 4 of those large flexible tubs which I left in the car, then at the checkout put everything back into the trolley then at the car put everything straight into the tubs. I've used those things for landscaping and carried 40kgs in them and they never break. Straight from the car to the kitchen with no tins or bottles threatening to fall out like they do with thin bags.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #29 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:12pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
Its all about muzzo

I enjoy making fun of the retarded CULT.

Any possible connotation that gives me a laugh at their expense is fair game to me.

After all, it really is quite funny that the entire CULT is full of low IQ retards
They are the only people stoooopid enough to be in it.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #30 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
Its all about muzzo

I enjoy making fun of the retarded CULT.

Any possible connotation that gives me a laugh at their expense is fair game to me.

After all, it really is quite funny that the entire CULT is full of low IQ retards
They are the only people stoooopid enough to be in it.

Valkie is laughing at itself.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:22pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:10pm:
I did a huge post holiday shop today so it was gi-smacking-gantic and bag less, and we nailed it.

I got 4 of those large flexible tubs which I left in the car, then at the checkout put everything back into the trolley then at the car put everything straight into the tubs. I've used those things for landscaping and carried 40kgs in them and they never break. Straight from the car to the kitchen with no tins or bottles threatening to fall out like they do with thin bags.

I use these things. 

They fold flat when not in use, and when I want them they're there waiting for me. They'll carry all the weight you need for groceries.

REPORTER: The condition of the budget will not be an excuse for breaking promises?

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #32 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:26pm

Valkie also folds flat when not in use.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:28pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:26pm:

but Valkie requires a valve, he's full of hot air.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #34 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:35pm

What is your problem troll?

Ill bet you woukd never, ever say anything like that to my face.

You simply hide behind you avitar, cowardly, and terrified of any human interaction.
What is it like being so scared to leave your parents basement?
Have you ever had a job?
Have you ever done anything of worth?

I see you as a silly little troll who knows their life is over before it began.
Sad, worthless and incapable of rising beyond being a cowardly keyboard jockey.

If you knew me, you would realize that I have done more, been more places, have more friends, seen more things and ennjoyed life more than you can even imagine.

Try leaving the keyboard and getting out into the real world.
Try elivating yourself above a burger flipper.
Try being a little more human and a little less insulting and you might find people will speak to you
Rather than crossing the road to avoid you.

Sad little troll

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #35 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:07pm

Coal mines spend $ re-planting the empty open-cut pits . Landfill plastic could be useful and councils /States could pay to dispose of plastic using the coal railways.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:54am

Valkie wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:35pm:

Why not?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:43am

John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:22pm:

I use these things. 

http://www.dhresource.com/260x260s/f2-albu-g5-M00-EF-87-rBVaJFjma1aABJeIAAAm-Cac...

They fold flat when not in use, and when I want them they're there waiting for me. They'll carry all the weight you need for groceries.

we are not all SUPERSTUDS are we??...strewth!

I go to Bunnings to get bags of mulch, I find it does help to keep weeds down..last time I bought 6 of the buggers..and was very lucky to have a "team member" right there and  he put them on the trolley  for me so nice...  gawd it was heavy even pushing .. anyway eventually went to the car and lucky me a guy was just getting out of his car   and offered to help me again    Smiley

I offered him a cup of tea if he would come and get them out at the other end...... he laughed   Roll Eyes they always do?.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #38 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:04am

Not a superstud?  Why not fit a towbar on your electric wheelchair and tow the trolley up your front door ramp?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:22pm

cods wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:43am:

I use these things. 

http://www.dhresource.com/260x260s/f2-albu-g5-M00-EF-87-rBVaJFjma1aABJeIAAAm-Cac...

I go to Bunnings to get bags of mulch, I find it does help to keep weeds down..last time I bought 6 of the buggers..and was very lucky to have a "team member" right there and  he put them on the trolley  for me so nice...  gawd it was heavy even pushing .. anyway eventually went to the car and lucky me a guy was just getting out of his car   and offered to help me again    Smiley

I offered him a cup of tea if he would come and get them out at the other end...... he laughed   Roll Eyes they always do?.. Wink Wink

Sugar Cane Mulch(Trash) is $13.48 at Bunnings for a relatively small bag. Ridiculous price.

You can by much larger bales from cane farmers for $4.

They used to just burn it off.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #40 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:52pm

Mulch $4
Freight Delivery time estimate
Next business day Brisbane- Melbourne*
Price
$97.50

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #41 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:01pm

... If you knew me, you would realize that I have done more, been more places, have more friends, seen more things and ennjoyed life more than you can even imagine...

That's why Valkie is such a racist, bigoted, Islamophobe? Travel is understood to broaden the mind, not pervert, and shrivel it up.

Valkie is one-dimensional. Thick!

Thank god I don't know Valkie.

Valkie's phrenologist should get an order of Australia award for tolerance and endurance beyond and above the call of duty.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:29pm by Unforgiven »  

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:35pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:54am:

Why not?

Because he's Mattywisk of all people.

He's mates with Rhino.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #43 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:37pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:35pm:

Why not?

It's difficult to tell the difference between Valkie's face and his anus.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:42pm

bogarde73 wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Good announcement from the Big 2. Of course it's been in place at Aldi since Year 1.

How significant is it in the global scheme of things? Don't know but every bit helps in the effort to protect marine life. We've got enough islands already without making artificial plastic ones.
We
Expect added effort from the plastics industry though to replace lost business. And I wonder how much of a dent it makes in pollution - there's so much plastic everywhere. I'm typing on it now.

Coming back to the personal. How do I get my rubbish out to the Otto now? This is a problem of great moment. I only really visit Woolies to get a few plastic bags for this purpose.

An excellent idea. They've been doing this for years in Europe.

I'll let you in on a trick: all that plastic you buy - wrappers, plastic bags, the lot - can be recycled at Coles and Woolworths.

Along with paper and bottle recycling and compost, I hardly throw anything out. A small shopping bag of bits and bobs (usually metal or foil) in the neighbours bin every couple of months.

Use the soft plastic recycling bins at Coles and Woolies, leftards. You'll wonder how you ever lived without them.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:44pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Karnal wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:35pm:

Why not?

It's difficult to tell the difference between Valkie's face and his anus.

I know. He's always been a master of disguises, our Matty.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:48pm

Karnal wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:42pm:

We

I'll let you in on a trick: all that plastic you buy - wrappers, plastic bags, the lot - can be recycled at Coles and Woolworths.

Along with paper and bottle recycling and compost, I hardly throw anything out. A small shopping bag of bits and bobs (usually metal or foil) in the neighbours bin every couple of months.

Use the soft plastic recycling bins at Coles and Woolies, leftards. You'll wonder how you ever lived without them.

yet gloomy Al Gore is telling us nothing is working.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:23pm

cods wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:48pm:

We

I've never heard Al Gore discussing old bags, dear.

You?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:40pm

cods wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:43am:

I use these things. 

so take the stuff out a bit at a time instead of lifting it all in one go.  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #49 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:22pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:01pm:

... If you knew me, you would realize that I have done more, been more places, have more friends, seen more things and ennjoyed life more than you can even imagine...

That's why Valkie is such a racist, bigoted, Islamophobe? Travel is understood to broaden the mind, not pervert, and shrivel it up.

Valkie's phrenologist should get an order of Australia award for tolerance and endurance beyond and above the call of duty.

Ramble away little troll.

I have asked you what you do, and you fear to answer.
Like everything in your sad little life you are again afraid.
Being the cowaed you are meansvyou will have a short and rather dissapinting life.
Constantly living in fear of everything and anybody, you try, in vain, to prop up you flagging and depleted boyhood by insulting people who are better than you could ever dream to be.

I know your type, I have delt with them in my life and walked away laughing at them.
You are thevweak coward that mumbles insults under your breath when I leave.
You are the timid little twerp who shouts comebacks when you are at home by yourself.
You are the cowardly dreamer who pretends to fight imaginary attackers in you little rented room.
You are the avitar in some video game who fligs themselves into battle, because you know in real life you could never do it.
You are a joke, a has been before you ever were.
You have nothing to offer and have nothing of worth.
You are a pointless existance and no longer worthy of interacting with.

Goodby little troll.
I tried to help you, but its obvious that you cannot be helped, do not wish to be helped.
Live in your little fantisy world where you feel tough by insulting people from behind your keyboard.

Because you know, deep down, if you admit it.
You are too much of a coward to ever say anything to anyones face.

Begone

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #50 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:05pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:22pm:
... I know your type, I have delt with them in my life and walked away laughing at them...

When they fired your sorry arse? How many times was that Valkie?

IP Logged

Rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:06am

l

Of course he would, in a public place with CCTV cameras and security guards and 100 metres from a police station with his mobile phone on speed dial to 000, of course he would say it to your face. Hes mates with Pecca.

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #52 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:55am

chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:04am:
Not a superstud?  Why not fit a towbar on your electric wheelchair and tow the trolley up your front door ramp?

I'm 68.. have serious heart troubles and can't walk up the drive from the garden shed without stopping to hang on to the garbage bin .. I still load my own car at Bunnings ... feminists are wimps by nature and by birth.... if they find me, it will be with my boots on....

Bury me with my beret.... or leave yourself out of it....
(sadly I did not leave my beret on my brother's coffin to be buried with him - I think in some ways he deserved it more)...

Grow some courage... some of us learned it at a very young age.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #53 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:40am

Ye Grappler wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:55am:
can't walk up the drive from the garden shed without stopping to hang on to the garbage bin ..

No backbone , malingering on duty . Straighten up man , grit your teeth .

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Bogarde Contra Mundum

Reply #54 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:20pm

Disclosure: should have appeared in OP but didn't know at the time.
One of my stocks will profit out of this . . .Yippeee!

IP Logged

.JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

...near the Ocean_Blue
Reply #55 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:35pm

I can't help it.
I get as many plastic bags as I can, then when I have about 30 of em. I throw em around the Supermarket carpark (late at night) as I drive through.
I've been doing it for years.
I need help.
I'm obsessed with it.
I even throw em along main streets in a 'drive by'.

BINKLEBONK

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:40pm

Rhino wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:06am:

l

Of course he would, in a public place with CCTV cameras and security guards and 100 metres from a police station with his mobile phone on speed dial to 000, of course he would say it to your face. Hes mates with Pecca.

Are you suggesting that Valkie (a grown man, I assume) would resort to physical violence if someone said to him "Valkie also folds flat when not in use"?

Tell me you're not serious.

IP Logged

.JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

...near the Ocean_Blue
Reply #57 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:45pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:40pm:

l

Are you suggesting that Valkie (a grown man, I assume) would resort to physical violence if someone said to him "Valkie also folds flat when not in use"?

Unforgiven is one of BigOl64's troops.
He sits in the grass like a turd and shoots off little bullets of harm from a safe position of anonymity some distance away from you.
The modern Soldier is much like a Troll.

BINKLEBONK

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #58 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:47pm

l

Valkie can be scared off by opening a dictionary. Not so Rhino who wouldn't know what a dictionary was.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Bogarde Contra Mundum

Reply #59 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:56pm

Unforgivable is studying for a PhD in "Putrescence Incarnate".

IP Logged

.JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

...near the Ocean_Blue
Reply #60 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:58pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:47pm:

l

Valkie can be scared off by opening a dictionary. Not so Rhino who wouldn't know what a dictionary was.

Unforgiven has a point there.

BINKLEBONK

IP Logged

Rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:27pm

l

burn_001.jpg (8 KB | 9 )
burn_001.jpg

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #62 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:03pm

Rhino wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:27pm:

l

Trolls are consumate cowards, underachievers incarnate.
They do what they do because their life is a failure.
They hide behind keyboards and troll away.

These little cowards, generally are at the bottom of the food chain.
Burger flippers, toilet cleaners, dogs bodies and other low paid low IQ jobs.
They make a career out of doing the horrid jobs uni students do to make ends meet.
Never will they advance themselves and their only chance to breed, which we dont want, is to meet some other looser.
Trolls
Cowards, waste of oxygen, worthless and just a noise.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:05pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:03pm:

You nailed it. Its overcompensation for  personal failure in life.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:27pm

chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:52pm:
Mulch $4
Price
$97.50

What's wrong with you?  Huh

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:32pm

chimera wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:07pm:
Coal mines spend $ re-planting the empty open-cut pits . Landfill plastic could be useful and councils /States could pay to dispose of plastic using the coal railways.

Wake up to yourself ... what sort of gear are you on?

Coal companies/ mines spend next to SFA on rehabilitation.

This is a problem all over the country.

It's littered with abandoned mines of all persuasions that have just been left a holes in the grounds with vast mullock heaps.

When the price of their product drops they just close up & abandon them without repercussion.

Most are foreign multi nationals.

How old are you ..... 15?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:35pm

cods wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:48pm:

We

Because he's a Snake Oil salesman & a bad one at that.

Old Man Bear Pig Al has a multi million dollar mansion .....

and not 1 solar panel on it.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #67 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:35pm

Rhino wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:05pm:

Shouldn't Valkie and Rhino be dallying in the necrophilia thread?

Please don't consummate your bromance on line.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:38pm

A false person quoting a false & discredited science.

Sums you up perfectly.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #69 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:42pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:38pm:

A false person quoting a false & discredited science.

Sums you up perfectly.

Its the only way to connect with big fake Gnads who is his own ghost.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:54pm

More bs .... no more fake than a multinic knowall like yourself.

you should be used as a agricultural fertilizer.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #71 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:03pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:54pm:
More bs .... no more fake than a multinic knowall like yourself.

you should be used as a agricultural fertilizer.

Not necessary. Gnads is still in abundance.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #72 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:32pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:35pm:

The best you can do little troll.

Just go away and hide under you bed like the cowardly custard you are.
Go back to your fantasy world where you are a success at......something......anything.

Poor sad troll
I feel sorry for you

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #73 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:55pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:52pm:
Mulch $4
Price
$97.50

What's wrong with you?  Huh

Why is that wrong? You said:" Sugar Cane Mulch(Trash) is $13.48 at Bunnings for a relatively small bag. Ridiculous price. You can by much larger bales from cane farmers for $4."
Do you understand what freight is? Do you understand profit ? Have you heard of" humour" it's  mulch for vegies $8 a packet at Bunnings

IP Logged

Rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:16pm

burn_002.jpg (8 KB | 4 )
burn_002.jpg

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #75 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:38am

Gnads wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:32pm:
Coal companies/ mines spend next to SFA on rehabilitation.

BHP Billiton provided photos projecting how some of the  (Muswellbrook) area will look after 15 years of rehabilitation. Currently the site is under rehabilitation.

Glencore's Mangoola  rehabilitation takes place from the outset, alongside active mining.
Gunnedah has mature trees on rehabilitated mine fill.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #76 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 12:07pm

Rhino wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:16pm:

Keep your shirt on. I will take that as a yes.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #77 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 12:50pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 12:07pm:
Rhino wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:16pm:

Keep your shirt on. I will take that as a yes.

You are loosing it little troll.

Not even mildly humorous now.

Perhaps you should ask you 17 year old manager what you should say.

After all, he advanced past your job role in the first week.
And he does tie your shoe laces for you.

You have been at it for several years now without promotion.

Sad little troll

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print