Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The disappearing plastic bag (Read 5498 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The disappearing plastic bag
Reply #45 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:44pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:35pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:54am:
Valkie wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:26pm:
Valkie also folds flat when not in use.

What is your problem troll?

Ill bet you woukd never, ever say anything like that to my face.

Why not?

Because he's Mattywisk of all people.

It's difficult to tell the difference between Valkie's face and his anus.

I know. He's always been a master of disguises, our Matty.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Good announcement from the Big 2. Of course it's been in place at Aldi since Year 1.

How significant is it in the global scheme of things? Don't know but every bit helps in the effort to protect marine life. We've got enough islands already without making artificial plastic ones.
We
Expect added effort from the plastics industry though to replace lost business. And I wonder how much of a dent it makes in pollution - there's so much plastic everywhere. I'm typing on it now.

Coming back to the personal. How do I get my rubbish out to the Otto now? This is a problem of great moment. I only really visit Woolies to get a few plastic bags for this purpose.
Can we bring back the paper shopping bags?
A renewable and degradable resource.

An excellent idea. They've been doing this for years in Europe.

I'll let you in on a trick: all that plastic you buy - wrappers, plastic bags, the lot - can be recycled at Coles and Woolworths.

Along with paper and bottle recycling and compost, I hardly throw anything out. A small shopping bag of bits and bobs (usually metal or foil) in the neighbours bin every couple of months.

Use the soft plastic recycling bins at Coles and Woolies, leftards. You'll wonder how you ever lived without them.

yet gloomy Al Gore is telling us nothing is working.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:23pm

cods wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:48pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Good announcement from the Big 2. Of course it's been in place at Aldi since Year 1.

How significant is it in the global scheme of things? Don't know but every bit helps in the effort to protect marine life. We've got enough islands already without making artificial plastic ones.
We
Expect added effort from the plastics industry though to replace lost business. And I wonder how much of a dent it makes in pollution - there's so much plastic everywhere. I'm typing on it now.

Coming back to the personal. How do I get my rubbish out to the Otto now? This is a problem of great moment. I only really visit Woolies to get a few plastic bags for this purpose.
Can we bring back the paper shopping bags?
A renewable and degradable resource.

An excellent idea. They've been doing this for years in Europe.

I'll let you in on a trick: all that plastic you buy - wrappers, plastic bags, the lot - can be recycled at Coles and Woolworths.

Along with paper and bottle recycling and compost, I hardly throw anything out. A small shopping bag of bits and bobs (usually metal or foil) in the neighbours bin every couple of months.

Use the soft plastic recycling bins at Coles and Woolies, leftards. You'll wonder how you ever lived without them.

yet gloomy Al Gore is telling us nothing is working.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I've never heard Al Gore discussing old bags, dear.

You?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:40pm

cods wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:43am:
John Smith wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
Gordon wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:10pm:
I did a huge post holiday shop today so it was gi-smacking-gantic and bag less, and we nailed it.

I got 4 of those large flexible tubs which I left in the car, then at the checkout put everything back into the trolley then at the car put everything straight into the tubs. I've used those things for landscaping and carried 40kgs in them and they never break. Straight from the car to the kitchen with no tins or bottles threatening to fall out like they do with thin bags.

I use these things. 

http://www.dhresource.com/260x260s/f2-albu-g5-M00-EF-87-rBVaJFjma1aABJeIAAAm-Cac...

They fold flat when not in use, and when I want them they're there waiting for me. They'll carry all the weight you need for groceries.

we are not all SUPERSTUDS are we??...strewth!

I go to Bunnings to get bags of mulch, I find it does help to keep weeds down..last time I bought 6 of the buggers..and was very lucky to have a "team member" right there and  he put them on the trolley  for me so nice...  gawd it was heavy even pushing .. anyway eventually went to the car and lucky me a guy was just getting out of his car   and offered to help me again    Smiley

I offered him a cup of tea if he would come and get them out at the other end...... he laughed   Roll Eyes they always do?.. Wink Wink

so take the stuff out a bit at a time instead of lifting it all in one go.  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #49 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:22pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:01pm:

... If you knew me, you would realize that I have done more, been more places, have more friends, seen more things and ennjoyed life more than you can even imagine...

That's why Valkie is such a racist, bigoted, Islamophobe? Travel is understood to broaden the mind, not pervert, and shrivel it up.

Valkie is one-dimensional. Thick!

Thank god I don't know Valkie.

Valkie's phrenologist should get an order of Australia award for tolerance and endurance beyond and above the call of duty.

Ramble away little troll.

I have asked you what you do, and you fear to answer.
Like everything in your sad little life you are again afraid.
Being the cowaed you are meansvyou will have a short and rather dissapinting life.
Constantly living in fear of everything and anybody, you try, in vain, to prop up you flagging and depleted boyhood by insulting people who are better than you could ever dream to be.

I know your type, I have delt with them in my life and walked away laughing at them.
You are thevweak coward that mumbles insults under your breath when I leave.
You are the timid little twerp who shouts comebacks when you are at home by yourself.
You are the cowardly dreamer who pretends to fight imaginary attackers in you little rented room.
You are the avitar in some video game who fligs themselves into battle, because you know in real life you could never do it.
You are a joke, a has been before you ever were.
You have nothing to offer and have nothing of worth.
You are a pointless existance and no longer worthy of interacting with.

Goodby little troll.
I tried to help you, but its obvious that you cannot be helped, do not wish to be helped.
Live in your little fantisy world where you feel tough by insulting people from behind your keyboard.

Because you know, deep down, if you admit it.
You are too much of a coward to ever say anything to anyones face.

Begone

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #50 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:05pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:22pm:
... I know your type, I have delt with them in my life and walked away laughing at them...

When they fired your sorry arse? How many times was that Valkie?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:06am

l

Of course he would, in a public place with CCTV cameras and security guards and 100 metres from a police station with his mobile phone on speed dial to 000, of course he would say it to your face. Hes mates with Pecca.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #52 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:55am

chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:04am:
Not a superstud?  Why not fit a towbar on your electric wheelchair and tow the trolley up your front door ramp?

I'm 68.. have serious heart troubles and can't walk up the drive from the garden shed without stopping to hang on to the garbage bin .. I still load my own car at Bunnings ... feminists are wimps by nature and by birth.... if they find me, it will be with my boots on....

Bury me with my beret.... or leave yourself out of it....
(sadly I did not leave my beret on my brother's coffin to be buried with him - I think in some ways he deserved it more)...

Grow some courage... some of us learned it at a very young age.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #53 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:40am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:55am:
can't walk up the drive from the garden shed without stopping to hang on to the garbage bin ..

No backbone , malingering on duty . Straighten up man , grit your teeth .

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #54 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:20pm

Disclosure: should have appeared in OP but didn't know at the time.
One of my stocks will profit out of this . . .Yippeee!

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:35pm

I can't help it.
I get as many plastic bags as I can, then when I have about 30 of em. I throw em around the Supermarket carpark (late at night) as I drive through.
I've been doing it for years.
I need help.
I'm obsessed with it.
I even throw em along main streets in a 'drive by'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:40pm

rhino wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 12:06am:

l

Of course he would, in a public place with CCTV cameras and security guards and 100 metres from a police station with his mobile phone on speed dial to 000, of course he would say it to your face. Hes mates with Pecca.

Are you suggesting that Valkie (a grown man, I assume) would resort to physical violence if someone said to him "Valkie also folds flat when not in use"?

Tell me you're not serious.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:45pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:40pm:

l

Are you suggesting that Valkie (a grown man, I assume) would resort to physical violence if someone said to him "Valkie also folds flat when not in use"?

Unforgiven is one of BigOl64's troops.
He sits in the grass like a turd and shoots off little bullets of harm from a safe position of anonymity some distance away from you.
The modern Soldier is much like a Troll.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #58 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:47pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:40pm:

l

Valkie can be scared off by opening a dictionary. Not so Rhino who wouldn't know what a dictionary was.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #59 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:56pm

Unforgivable is studying for a PhD in "Putrescence Incarnate".

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print