Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The war on cash (Read 923 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

The war on cash
Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:29am

Visa Inc has begun offering merchants in the USA money in return for an agreement to stop cash transactions.
Merchants will receive up to $10,000 in upgrade or installation costs of technology as an incentive to be card only traders.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Re: The war on cash
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:46am

An upgrade will be fingerprint coding . Then we will feel like king Midas.

Or rich like rhino shooters.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:56am by chimera »  

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:24pm

Bent cops and politicians want cash.
They like to fondle it.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:39pm

Been in the pipeline for over a decade in the USA.

To bring in a cashless society.

Every experiment done with cash verses 'just tap' and buy
- showed that those people who had something to hand over (cash) were less likely to spend as much as those who had the (lazy?) convenience to just 'tap' and buy.

It's a system designed to 'trick' people into 'making spending easier' (and more prolific) with the typical illusion of 'technology' making people feel much more 'intelligent' if they use it.  Roll Eyes

Anyone who knows the USA and it's Economics will know they are 4th World.
Any nation that Economically follows the USA way (like Greece did, and other nations) - will be subject to Recessions, Depressions and other poor Economic woes.

For Australia to embrace this 'just tap and go' computer reliant (prone to hacks, scams, etc) system is just Economic Suicide!

They don't want people to have that split-second moment of thought, when handing over cash. They want you to 'automatically' spend your money. Hence why a lot of Retail have jumped onto this system.

Not every 'new technology' is 'good or constructive' and this is a real 'scam' so to speak, in itself.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:42pm

The Cashless Society is exactly that!
You will be 'cashless' before you know it!

USA Economics is that person who tells you that $2.99
is not $3 ! Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:46pm

I love tap and go..

I get cash mainly so I have some for the grandkids..but its always $50  and before I get home its almost gone...

where as with tap and go.. I cant see my money disappearing... Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:43pm

cods wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
I love tap and go..

I get cash mainly so I have some for the grandkids..but its always $50  and before I get home its almost gone...

where as with tap and go.. I cant see my money disappearing... Smiley

You won't even see your money 'gone', if you keep tapping away like that Cods.
People get addicted to just looking at their phones.
Watch, before long - people will start admitting that their lives are ruined because its just 'too easy to spend'.
Not much different to the ol' Credit Card side-effect.  Wink

Economics from America?
Yeah right  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 5:49pm

We are inevitably heading towards a cashless society and the biggest winners of this change will be.
The tax office - they will be able to track and record every transaction you make
The Banks - they collect fees from electronic transactions via merchants and customers
Corporate Marketing - they will be able to collect information about your spending habits to on-sell and to better target advertising.

The losers of course will be ordinary consumers

Think about this. With the current low interest rate environment some nations have started using negative interest rates to try and stimulate growth. Of course Banks can't charge negative interest rates on your savings because that would create a run on Banks as people withdraw their money.
However, in a cashless society, your savings would be trapped and banks could charge negative interest rates.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:42pm

Yip. Sounds like the PM, regardless of who it is/will be, will make sure another slice of USA is incorporated into this country wether we like it or not.

PM's serve the USA
G-G's serve the UK

...and you thought it was hard living in the forest like a Primative.
What to the 'Computer Cities' turn you into a mindless Android - you're just part of the system.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:44pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
Yip. Sounds like the PM, regardless of who it is/will be, will make sure another slice of USA is incorporated into this country wether we like it or not.

PM's serve the USA
G-G's serve the UK

...and you thought it was hard living in the forest like a Primative.
What to the 'Computer Cities' turn you into a mindless Android - you're just part of the system.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:54pm

In great great great grandpa's day:
Life was physically 'hard'
But mentally 'simple'

In great great great grandson's day:
Life will be physically 'easy'
But mentally 'complex'

...there's no two ways about it  Wink

*note: the rise in Australia's primarily 'white-collar' mental worker, of 'MENTAL STRESS'.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:30am

Jasin wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
In great great great grandpa's day:
Life was physically 'hard'
But mentally 'simple'

In great great great grandson's day:
Life will be physically 'easy'
But mentally 'complex'

...there's no two ways about it  Wink

*note: the rise in Australia's primarily 'white-collar' mental worker, of 'MENTAL STRESS'.

Are you a mental worker or just barely sane? Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:22am

Hawke wanted a cashless economy and a classless society - we're going great guns on both for the majority..... many don't have a lot of cash and certainly there is little class doing the rounds...

What did Johnny ever do to this nation?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:33am

Good clip

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print