Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print
Islamophobia is still raising its ugly head in Aus (Read 17177 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islamophobia is still raising its ugly head in Aus
Reply #240 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:51pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:33pm:
Revolting.

Now, why is it important that he is a Muslim?
Because it was a Christian hate crime dear. It's very relevant. Religion was the motivation. Read the article again.

article says nothing about religion being the motivation. Unfortunately tombstones seem to be an easy target for kids who are bored.  There have been many instances of tombstones being vandalised. As for all christians, it's a christian cemetery? It's not like he had many options.

Well yes, but there's no reason we shouldn't blame Islam.

Bored kids do that too.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #241 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:54pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:46pm:
Revolting.

Because it was a Christian hate crime dear. It's very relevant. Religion was the motivation. Read the article again.

article says nothing about religion being the motivation. Unfortunately tombstones seem to be an easy target for kids who are bored.  There have been many instances of tombstones being vandalised. As for all christians, it's a christian cemetery? It's not like he had many options.

Jewish cemeteries get their share as well it seems to go in waves....but usually young people who think its a game they can play... what about War Memorials...some are even used as public toilets.... Sad

its the usual thing RESPECT it went out the door years ago...

sadly in this case they got the publicity  they were after....here we are t.. condemning it as if we can stop it.... look how stooopid they were its all on camera...I would imagine anything to do with Islam  is now under camera surveillance...

have we stopped vandalism?... not that I know of as one group grows up another takes their place.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

there is no cure for stooooopid.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #242 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:32pm

cods wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 3:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
Meanwhile, Islamophobes strike again in the real world while they argue online that their disease doesn't exist...

Pig's head dumped outside Islamic College of Brisbane    Roll Eyes

two pathetic young men....it isnt a bomb  its stupidity..and probably ignorance...

but trust you to jump on it. Roll Eyes

Ah, its good to see you Cods, making excuses, being an apologist for Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #243 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:39pm

cods wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
Why Cods? Isn't my opinion on Islamophobia made quite clear throughout this thread?

I think the tendency of people such as yourself to diminish and justify hate crimes against some  demographics because certain members of said demographics have done worse things is highly irrational, prejudiced and quite alarming.

It is because of the normalisation of such sentiments that we have people like the two men in this instance feeling empowered to go to the extremes thay did.

Normalisation and validation of hate.

And instead of categorically condemning the act, you say "Well it's not as though they had a bomb, is it?". A sentiment sure to be echoed by other folks on this forum.

I am simply saying to you that, unlike you, i unconditionally condemn all acts of violence, intolerance and hatred.

ALL of them.

I think that is the best path towards peace and world unity, don't you?

of course couldnt agree more..

where has anyone least of all myself   ever said we condone what they did?... in fact I am not sure if I have been on this thread I dont go over it and find everything I can thats wrong in my mind..

where have I condoned this act??>..  because you claim I havent condemned it..

all I know is   stooopid young men do stoooopid things....what punishment would suit your high and mighty thoughts then mothra??..

oh btw I CONDEMN THIS ACT

just as i CONDEMN  the wearing of body bombs... and children holding severed heads...

now have I stopped anything?????.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well, personally, I don't expect you to stop anything, except being foolish, Cods.

You've disassociated yourself, finally from an act of Islamophobia.   Tell us, what would you do if someone dumped a pigs head in front of a Synagogue?   Would you say, "Oh, well, nothing to do with me!  Those Jews, they just need to get over it.  The kids that did that were ignorant and foolish!"

Or would you condemn the perpetrators for the idiots and anti-Semitic fools they are?

Cods, you cannot pick and choose where morality is concerned.  If something is offensive to a group, then it should be condemned for being offensive, not ignore and excuses made as you have done.   It's like suggesting calling an Indigenous Australian a "N__g_r" or a "C__n" isn't offensive.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #244 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:44pm

Revolting.

Really?  Where does it say that, Hammer?  Please quote the section of the article.

It appears to me that drugs were involved and guess what?  Drugs are naughty under Islam.  Doesn't that make him a sinner?   He sounds like a nasty piece of work, a common criminal in fact, rather than an observant Muslims as you're attempting to portray him, Hammer.   Doesn't that fit into your story?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #245 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:18pm

mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:48pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:47pm:
how do you know it was right wingers who did the pigs head stunt dear??

Because they drew swastikas on it.

Bit of a give-away, no?

Swastikas are a sign of peace to BUDDISTS

And the pigs head is simple a very accurate representation of the deformed mohamiddddd.

They were just trying to be nice.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #246 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:15pm

I would be very concerned if  most Aussies were NOT sitting up and voicing their objections to grubby ugly smelly moozlums wreaking havoc in this beautiful land of ours- fkkk Islam

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #247 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:55pm

... and with good reason....

Next issue....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #248 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:57pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:18pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:48pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:47pm:
how do you know it was right wingers who did the pigs head stunt dear??

Because they drew swastikas on it.

Bit of a give-away, no?

Swastikas are a sign of peace to BUDDISTS

And the pigs head is simple a very accurate representation of the deformed mohamiddddd.

They were just trying to be nice.

My aunt, descendant of German Jews, was accosted on the street and challenged over wearing a swastika pendant - an ancient symbol of good luck... back in the late 1930's... she was a teenager at the time and had no concept of NAZIism, especially since that strand of the family were German Jews....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #249 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:44pm:
Revolting.

Really?  Where does it say that, Hammer?  Please quote the section of the article.

It appears to me that drugs were involved and guess what?  Drugs are naughty under Islam.  Doesn't that make him a sinner?   He sounds like a nasty piece of work, a common criminal in fact, rather than an observant Muslims as you're attempting to portray him, Hammer.   Doesn't that fit into your story?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Did he scream "Allahu Akbar!?" ... or not???

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #250 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 12:03am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
cods wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
Why Cods? Isn't my opinion on Islamophobia made quite clear throughout this thread?

I think the tendency of people such as yourself to diminish and justify hate crimes against some  demographics because certain members of said demographics have done worse things is highly irrational, prejudiced and quite alarming.

It is because of the normalisation of such sentiments that we have people like the two men in this instance feeling empowered to go to the extremes thay did.

Normalisation and validation of hate.

And instead of categorically condemning the act, you say "Well it's not as though they had a bomb, is it?". A sentiment sure to be echoed by other folks on this forum.

I am simply saying to you that, unlike you, i unconditionally condemn all acts of violence, intolerance and hatred.

ALL of them.

I think that is the best path towards peace and world unity, don't you?

of course couldnt agree more..

where has anyone least of all myself   ever said we condone what they did?... in fact I am not sure if I have been on this thread I dont go over it and find everything I can thats wrong in my mind..

where have I condoned this act??>..  because you claim I havent condemned it..

all I know is   stooopid young men do stoooopid things....what punishment would suit your high and mighty thoughts then mothra??..

oh btw I CONDEMN THIS ACT

just as i CONDEMN  the wearing of body bombs... and children holding severed heads...

now have I stopped anything?????.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well, personally, I don't expect you to stop anything, except being foolish, Cods.

You've disassociated yourself, finally from an act of Islamophobia.   Tell us, what would you do if someone dumped a pigs head in front of a Synagogue?   Would you say, "Oh, well, nothing to do with me!  Those Jews, they just need to get over it.  The kids that did that were ignorant and foolish!"

Or would you condemn the perpetrators for the idiots and anti-Semitic fools they are?

Cods, you cannot pick and choose where morality is concerned.  If something is offensive to a group, then it should be condemned for being offensive, not ignore and excuses made as you have done.   It's like suggesting calling an Indigenous Australian a "N__g_r" or a "C__n" isn't offensive.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Boori or Boong sounds good.... capitals intended...

One good thing out of the silly movie about the State of Jones was the comment that everyone is some else's Nig@er.. the concept was interesting... an area in the South in Civil War USA declared independence and made everyone equal.... and survived....

None of my clan in The Carolinas (SOUTH Carolina to youse Yankee Luvahs!) ever had a slave....... they wus jest faghtin' fer their way o' life... there's a Museum there.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print