Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Send Topic Print
Islamophobia is still raising its ugly head in Aus (Read 16928 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islamophobia is still raising its ugly head in Aus
Reply #195 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:17pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:14pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
Why Cods? Isn't my opinion on Islamophobia made quite clear throughout this thread?

I think the tendency of people such as yourself to diminish and justify hate crimes against some  demographics because certain members of said demographics have done worse things is highly irrational, prejudiced and quite alarming.

It is because of the normalisation of such sentiments that we have people like the two men in this instance feeling empowered to go to the extremes thay did.

Normalisation and validation of hate.

And instead of categorically defending the act, you say "Well it's not as though they had a bomb, is it?". A sentiment sure to be echoed by other folks on this forum.

I am simply saying to you that, unlike you, i unconditionally condemn all acts of violence, intolerance and hatred.

ALL of them.

I think that is the best path towards peace and world unity, don't you?
3 responses in 15 minutes over a pigs head Mothra???? Roll Eyes

No. Over hatred and Islamophobia, Hammer.

You know, the thread title?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #196 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:19pm

Why Cods? Isn't my opinion on Islamophobia made quite clear throughout this thread?

I think the tendency of people such as yourself to diminish and justify hate crimes against some  demographics because certain members of said demographics have done worse things is highly irrational, prejudiced and quite alarming.

It is because of the normalisation of such sentiments that we have people like the two men in this instance feeling empowered to go to the extremes thay did.

And instead of categorically condemning the act, you say "Well it's not as though they had a bomb, is it?". A sentiment sure to be echoed by other folks on this forum.

I am simply saying to you that, unlike you, i unconditionally condemn all acts of violence, intolerance and hatred.

ALL of them.

Bollocks, Mothra, not all of them.  If you really condemned ALL of them, you would be starting a dozen threads every day about deadly  Islamic violence, not just some prank like this.

But you are not, are you?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #197 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:20pm

mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:17pm:

And instead of categorically defending the act, you say "Well it's not as though they had a bomb, is it?". A sentiment sure to be echoed by other folks on this forum.

ALL of them.

Muslim kids see worse in a halal butcher shop. I see it as bloody stupid. Chucking a sack with a pigs head in front of an Islamic school is a waste of time. Chucking a burning Koran or one covered in human pooh would have a better result. No imagination.

Muslim kids see worse in a halal butcher shop. I see it as bloody stupid. Chucking a sack with a pigs head in front of an Islamic school is a waste of time. Chucking a burning Koran or one covered in human pooh would have a better result. No imagination

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #198 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:21pm

Frank wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:19pm:

And instead of categorically condemning the act, you say "Well it's not as though they had a bomb, is it?". A sentiment sure to be echoed by other folks on this forum.

ALL of them.

Bollocks, Mothra, not all of them.  If you really condemned ALL of them, you would be starting a dozen threads every day about  Islamic deadly violence, not just some prank like this.

But you are not, are you?

Nope. I condemn all of them. I confirm that repeatedly.

Do i need to start so many threads? It appears they are already started by other people. Why do you want duplicate threads?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:22pm

ALL of them.

of course couldnt agree more..

where has anyone least of all myself   ever said we condone what they did?... in fact I am not sure if I have been on this thread I dont go over it and find everything I can thats wrong in my mind..

where have I condoned this act??>..  because you claim I havent condemned it..

all I know is   stooopid young men do stoooopid things....what punishment would suit your high and mighty thoughts then mothra??..

oh btw I CONDEMN THIS ACT

just as i CONDEMN  the wearing of body bombs... and children holding severed heads...

now have I stopped anything?????.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #200 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:22pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:17pm:

ALL of them.

Muslim kids see worse in a halal butcher shop. I see it as bloody stupid. Chucking a sack with a pigs head in front of an Islamic school is a waste of time. Chucking a burning Koran or one covered in human pooh would have a better result. No imagination.

Muslim kids see worse in a halal butcher shop. I see it as bloody stupid. Chucking a sack with a pigs head in front of an Islamic school is a waste of time. Chucking a burning Koran or one covered in human pooh would have a better result. No imagination

And we have not only normalisation and validation of hatred from Hammer, but suggestions on how to improve the representation of it.

And so it goes.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:24pm

I posted one up about a month back where this piece of crap Muslim smashed  all these Christian graves in Sydney. Babies graves, old people. I'm sure Mothra didn't even reply.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:24pm

cods wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:22pm:

ALL of them.

of course couldnt agree more..

where has anyone least of all myself   ever said we condone what they did?... in fact I am not sure if I have been on this thread I dont go over it and find everything I can thats wrong in my mind..

where have I condoned this act??>..  because you claim I havent condemned it..

all I know is   stooopid young men do stoooopid things....what punishment would suit your high and mighty thoughts then mothra??..

oh btw I CONDEMN THIS ACT

just as i CONDEMN  the wearing of body bombs... and children holding severed heads...

now have I stopped anything?????.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

To think. You could have just said that and spared yourself all of this angst.

It was a revolting thing to do. That is a good place for a full stop, don't you think?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
I posted one up about a month back where this piece of crap Muslim smashed  all these Christian graves in Sydney. Babies graves, old people. I'm sure Mothra didn't even reply.

I didn't see it. I'm not here every day.

Was it important somehow that it was a Muslim that did it?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:26pm

mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:25pm:

sure you didn't.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:28pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:26pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:25pm:

sure you didn't.

Indeed. Had i seen it, i would have asked on that thread instead of this one if it was relevant that the desecrator was a Muslim.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #206 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:32pm

Here you go Mothra-

MAN who has been charged for allegedly stomping on and destroying baby graves came out of Burwood Local Court this morning swinging at the media.

Muhammad Ibrahim, 25, slapped away cameras and almost ran a photographer over in his Jeep, which had been parked illegally.

Ibrahim was in no mood to talk to the media after turning up about 30 minutes late to his hearing for allegedly destroying almost 70 Christian graves at Rookwood Cemetery on November 27 last year.

Muhammad Ibrahim grabs a cameraman’s gear outside Burwood court.
Ibrahim pushed one camera away and grabbed another as he walked towards a Jeep that he had parked in a no-stopping zone almost directly outside the court house.

He climbed into the Jeep and, with a parking ticket still stuck under his windscreen wipers, did a three-point turn, narrowly missing a Daily Telegraph photographer.

He then stopped to pull down the window and stick up his middle finger for the cameras.

It is not the first time Ibrahim has been involved in an altercation outside court.

When he appeared in March, he was confronted by a group of angry Russian patriots who chased him down the street shouting, “you’re a coward.”

Magistrate Eve Wynhausen adjourned the court case so that Ibrahim and Raad, who has also pleaded not guilty, can face a hearing together.

Ibrahim has pleaded not guilty to destroying or damaging property and supply of a prohibited drug. Raad has pleaded not guilty to entering an enclosed land without lawful excuse and destroy or damage property.
Ibrahim was late to the hearing.
The Daily Telegraph understands almost 70 graves around a Greek Orthodox church were destroyed with crosses and headstones smashed including on at least four baby graves.

A security guard at the cemetery said he saw one father turn up to his infants grave sobbing.

A caretaker told the Daily Telegraph that many of the Greek Orthodox Christians would visit their relatives graves every day and the destruction of their loved ones headstones was deeply distressing to them.
As of January, the damage bill was $50,000 but it is expected to be a lot higher.

Ibrahim and Raad’s cases will return to Burwood Local Court on June 30.

This case is on the news now actually. He just got sentenced. Funny how nobody heard about it. Heard about the stinking pigs head though.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:33pm

Revolting.

Now, why is it important that he is a Muslim?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:35pm

Oh, and you forgot to cite your source:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/man-charged-for-allegedly-destroying-grave...

The Daily Telegraph ... lol.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #209 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:37pm

mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:33pm:
Revolting.

Now, why is it important that he is a Muslim?
Because it was a Christian hate crime dear. It's very relevant. Religion was the motivation. Read the article again.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Send Topic Print