Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Islamophobia is still raising its ugly head in Aus (Read 16921 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islamophobia is still raising its ugly head in Aus
Reply #105 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:01pm

I find it amazing how Muslims are somehow the victims??

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:01pm

Grin

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:14pm

To be honest, I get out and about a fair bit and I cant remember when I have witnessed any overt hostility towards any Muslim female. Not saying it doesnt happen but it is exceedingly rare I would suggest. These days everyone has a mobile phone with recording capability, they would be all over the internet if these incidents were in epidemic proportion.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 8:29pm

mothra wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 10:43am:

Mehmet Ozalp

Associate Professor in Islamic Studies, Director of The Centre for Islamic Studies and Civilisation and Executive Member of Public and Contextual Theology, Charles Sturt University

Associate Professor Mehmet Ozalp is a theologian, author and academic.
Mehmet received his Bachelor Degree from the University of NSW in 1991. He studied Islamic theology and religious disciplines between 1990 to 1998. He has completed Masters in Religion from the University of Sydney. He has also completed various professional courses in management and leadership.
Mehmet has been teaching religious and Islamic studies since 1992. He was one of the first to teach Islamic courses in English from 2000 onwards. He has developed and written material for numerous courses on Islamic theology, history and contemporary issues around Islam, including a four-year advanced course titled Theology of Qur'an. Mehmet has lectured in Islamic courses as part of Sydney University's Continuing Education Program from 2003 to 2008. He has also lectured on Islamic theology, culture and history at the University of Newcastle.
Mehmet is one of the co-founders of Affinity Intercultural Foundation in 2000, an organisation fostered intercultural and interfaith harmony in Australia. In 2009, Mehmet founded ISRA Australia, an educational and research organisation focusing on providing information and educational services on Islam and Muslims.
Mehmet was a member of Harmony Reference Group established by the NSW Premier Bob Carr in 2003.
Mehmet has been the recipient of the following awards:
CSU Professional Excellence Award 2012
Muslim Role Model of the Year Award 2012
Australian Bluestar Award - Education 2011
Mehmet is the author of three books: 101 Questions You Asked About Islam and Islam in the Modern World and Islam between Tradition and Modernity: An Australian Perspective. He has also co-authored Sustained Dialogue: Close Encounters of the Muslim-Christian Kind
Mehmet also published book chapters and journal articles.
https://arts-ed.csu.edu.au/centres/cisac/staff/profiles/director/mehmet-ozalp

But does Mehmet speak for Islam?

Er... no.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:46pm

rhino wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
To be honest, I get out and about a fair bit and I cant remember when I have witnessed any overt hostility towards any Muslim female. Not saying it doesnt happen but it is exceedingly rare I would suggest. These days everyone has a mobile phone with recording capability, they would be all over the internet if these incidents were in epidemic proportion.

I agree.

I would add that Muslim women are treated appallingly in Muslim countries, far worse than the worse they get in the West.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:01pm:

It's a cunning Koranic plan, my Lord.

Casting themselves as victims, they can justify every act of violence for Allah and Mohammed as 'self-defence'.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #111 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:51pm

How interesting that the prime Islamophobes here deny that they are practising or witnessing Islamophobia...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:39pm

Frank wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:01pm:

It's a cunning Koranic plan, my Lord.

Casting themselves as victims, they can justify every act of violence for Allah and Mohammed as 'self-defence'.

Interesting. What acts of violence to you suppose the women and the children of the OP have committed?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:44pm

Frank wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:46pm:

I agree.

I would add that Muslim women are treated appallingly in Muslim countries, far worse than the worse they get in the West.

Ah.

As long as you don't treat them as bad as they're treated in Muslim countries, you can treat them how you like.

Interesting.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #114 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:48pm

Muslims raise their ugly heads in Australia.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:52pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:48pm:
Muslims raise their ugly heads in Australia.

10/10

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:04pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/four-sydney-muslim-women-attacked-in-b...

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/muslim-woman-allegedly-had-hijab-ripped-of...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/hijab-attack-man-punches-woman-in-br...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/88665828/Muslim-student-called-a-terroris...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/muslim-woman-attack-smashed-bottle-happy...

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #117 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:44pm:

I agree.

Ah.

As long as you don't treat them as bad as they're treated in Muslim countries, you can treat them how you like.

Interesting.

I doubt even the most racist islamophobe would muster the appalling behaviour of a muslim country dealing with women.

You can not even compare Australian racists and how the religion of peace and their most feminist  treatment of women, can you?

images__2__006.jpg (12 KB | 29 )
images__2__006.jpg

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:32pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:27pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:44pm:

I agree.

Ah.

Interesting.

I doubt even the most racist islamophobe would muster the appalling behaviour of a muslim country dealing with women.

You can not even compare Australian racists and how the religion of peace and their most feminist  treatment of women, can you?

Got it.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #119 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:38pm

Islamophobia...

the fear of being blown to bits by lovely Muslims.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Send Topic Print