Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
US Defence Training on Transgender People (Read 9847 times)
Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
US Defence Training on Transgender People
Jul 9th, 2017 at 1:29pm

Surely all this detracts from the prime function of a defence force.     I know in Navy shore accommodation there are no seperate gender ablutions and that has been the case for many years - but this article is an eye opener for me.
http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/new-army-training-tells-female-soldiers-put-...

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: US Defence Training on Transgender People
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 1:34pm

" The policy prioritizes subjective feelings over combat-readiness and inverts military order by placing the needs of individuals over the well-being of their units."

This has been the mainstay of social engineering within the ADF since keating was the idiot in charge.  Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 3:50pm

Vic wrote on Jul 9th, 2017 at 1:29pm:
Surely all this detracts from the prime function of a defence force.     I know in Navy shore accommodation there are no seperate gender ablutions and that has been the case for many years - but this article is an eye opener for me.
http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/new-army-training-tells-female-soldiers-put-...

Oh, dear.  I don't suppose I should mention the unit I was attached to on K-84 which had mixed ablutions in the field?  We all showered together, there were no complaints.   Americans and many older people here seem to have missed out...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 3:53pm

transgender people are mentally ill, they should not be in the defence force.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:03pm

rhino wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 3:53pm:

Stop being a homophobe, Rhino.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 3:50pm:

Oh, dear.  I don't suppose I should mention the unit I was attached to on K-84 which had mixed ablutions in the field?  We all showered together, there were no complaints.   Americans and many older people here seem to have missed out...    Roll Eyes

You pogues are one of a kind with your transgender ablutions and it's fancy bathing water., It must be tough back in the rear with all gear.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:22pm

Bury them.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:22pm:

Bury them.

What would you expect to grow?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:31pm

You can't be transgender in the defence forces because they strip you back during training. There's no individuality during training. You are a man or a woman. No wigs, no different clothing, no hijabs, nothing.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:37pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:18pm:

You pogues are one of a kind with your transgender ablutions and it's fancy bathing water., It must be tough back in the rear with all gear.  Smiley Smiley

Must have been really, really, hard out at Williamstown near Newcastle with your F-111 strapped on each hip, mate.   The Brylcreem designed to keep the hair out of your eyes, was it?   Roll Eyes

When you actually get out in the field, you can talk.   I transferred from Infantry to Ordnance because I found Infantry pretty boring.   As a digger, all you learnt was contact and counter-ambush drills and the only thing that changed was the hill you ran up or down.   Ordnance I learnt how to be a Storeman. Tech., a Clerk, Tech., a Storeman, Gen.,  a rough-terrain forklift driver, a Mobile Shower Operator, a PetOp, a driver and an NCO and a CQMS.  I moved around the countryside a lot more, met strange and different people and learnt how to kill them.

In today's Army, women are treated exactly the same as the men (in theory).   Same in the other two defence forces, I understand, even the RAAF.   In the US, their society is pretty stuffed.  They can't seem to get out of their macho, mano a mano childhoods.  Even in 1984, it was a noticeable problem.  Womens' Liberation was supposed to fix that.  Obviously it failed there.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:39pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:31pm:
You can't be transgender in the defence forces because they strip you back during training. There's no individuality during training. You are a man or a woman. No wigs, no different clothing, no hijabs, nothing.

And you know this, how, Hammer?  Run along, do your trolling amongst your homophobic kind.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:39pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

And you know this, how, Hammer?  Run along, do your trolling amongst your homophobic kind.   Roll Eyes

It's a fact Brian (the king of the minority statements). There's no PC in the military.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:18pm:

Must have been really, really, hard out at Williamstown near Newcastle with your F-111 strapped on each hip, mate.   The Brylcreem designed to keep the hair out of your eyes, was it?   Roll Eyes

When you actually get out in the field, you can talk.   I transferred from Infantry to Ordnance because I found Infantry pretty boring.   As a digger, all you learnt was contact and counter-ambush drills and the only thing that changed was the hill you ran up or down.   Ordnance I learnt how to be a Storeman. Tech., a Clerk, Tech., a Storeman, Gen.,  a rough-terrain forklift driver, a Mobile Shower Operator, a PetOp, a driver and an NCO and a CQMS.  I moved around the countryside a lot more, met strange and different people and learnt how to kill them.

In today's Army, women are treated exactly the same as the men (in theory).   Same in the other two defence forces, I understand, even the RAAF.   In the US, their society is pretty stuffed.  They can't seem to get out of their macho, mano a mano childhoods.  Even in 1984, it was a noticeable problem.  Womens' Liberation was supposed to fix that.  Obviously it failed there.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yeah I spent a few years on Iroquis Gunships, way out on our lonesome, as you pogues weren't too keen on our WP & HE ordinance being parked up close to you lot.

So let's not worry to hard about my field time it wasn't surrounded by females and showers I can tell you that.  Smiley Smiley

The only that happened in the RAAF when that moronic equality policy came in back in the '80s  was to make rookies easier for males and it let males in that should have never got through the process. It was then we all learned abut the leftist social engineering agenda for the ADF and hasn't it been a roaring success,  Angry Angry

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:52pm by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Why can't people just be a man or a woman? The problem right now is that there are too many pains in the asses walking around expecting the world to bend and accommodate  their beliefs. Muslims, trannies, vegetarians, abos, Eskimos  so on and so on. It's making things so complicated. Prayers rooms here, new laws there and weird dietary requirements there. I wish they'd keep it to themselves.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:27pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:03pm:

I not against these people but it is a mental illness and the psychological testing should have weeded them out, if it didnt then they lied to get in.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:18pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:22pm:

Bury them.

What would you expect to grow?
oh look, a couple of Peccas, only these 2 appear to have balls.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:37pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/army-trans-soldier_us_559dbd61e4b09672915574...

http://www.businessinsider.com/tricia-king-the-first-transgender-infantryman-in-...

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:39pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:37pm:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/army-trans-soldier_us_559dbd61e4b09672915574...

http://www.businessinsider.com/tricia-king-the-first-transgender-infantryman-in-...
Thanks John, from your links
Quote:
The Army’s Standards of Medical Fitness states that transsexualism, gender identity, and transvestism are among several “personality or psychosexual conditions,” including voyeurism and paraphilias, that “render an individual administratively unfit.”

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Quote:
The Army’s Standards of Medical Fitness states that transsexualism, gender identity, and transvestism are among several “personality or psychosexual conditions,” including voyeurism and paraphilias, that “render an individual administratively unfit.”

[/quote]

and still, despite that,  they exist in the army ....

and still, despite that, you were wrong

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:35pm

rhino wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:39pm:

Quote:

That is the US Army's "Standards of Military Fitness", I take it?

The Australian Army has a different viewpoint.  How else then was Cate McGregor able to serve as a transsexual soldier?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:45pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:42pm:

and still, despite that,  they exist in the army ....

and still, despite that, you were wrong
wrong about what John? Its your link. Are you saying your link was wrong?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:35pm:

Quote:

The Australian Army has a different viewpoint.  How else then was Cate McGregor able to serve as a transsexual soldier?    Roll Eyes
I didnt say they were unable to serve in the military. What on earth is wrong with you 2? Basic english beyond you all of a sudden?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:48pm

rhino wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:47pm:
I didnt say they were unable to serve in the military

yeah you did.

You can't be transgender in the defence forces because they strip you back during training

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:49pm

Quote:

Poor old Rhino: he forgot to provide a source for his quote.

No probs.  I'll help him out.

Plus, I'll post some more text from the article he took it from.

First, the date:

"Jul 14, 2015"

And then:

"While roughly 15,500 transgender people are estimated to be currently serving in the military ... "

"Since the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell in 2011, the military has taken incremental steps towards full LGBT inclusion. Numerous studies and memos, including a supposedly confidential paper from the Congressional Research Service (Congress’s “think tank”), have concluded that the ban should be repealed, and it is now significantly harder to kick transgender service members out of the service for being transgender."

Link

Shall we move forward a year?

"JUN 30 2016, 2:45 PM ET"

"Secretary of Defense Ash Carter announced an end to the military’s longstanding ban on openly transgender service members on Thursday, fulfilling a key piece of the Obama administration’s historic legacy on LGBT rights."

Link

Time to put down the shovel, Rhino.

More research, and less digging.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:51pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:48pm:

yeah you did.

You can't be transgender in the defence forces because they strip you back during training

Naughty boy. Tampering with peoples posts is against forum rules John, heres the original quote. Looking for another holiday?
[quote author=
Mr_Hammer link
=1499570982/8#8 date=1499754705] You can't be transgender in the defence forces because they strip you back during training. There's no individuality during training. You are a man or a woman. No wigs, no different clothing, no hijabs, nothing. [/quote]

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:53pm

Nonetheless John, that didnt cover up your stupidity because anyone who reads the thread can see your comments.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:54pm

"Secretary of Defense Ash Carter announced an end to the military’s longstanding ban on openly transgender service members on Thursday, fulfilling a key piece of the Obama administration’s historic legacy on LGBT rights."

How silly does our little Rhino look now ?

I ask you.

Is he reaching for the shovel?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:55pm

Now for the more intelligent amongst us here whilst John and Pecca talk to themselves in babble, heres my comments again.

rhino wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:16pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:03pm:

I not against these people but it is a mental illness and the psychological testing should have weeded them out, if it didnt then they lied to get in.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:57pm

Did you see this, John?

Perhaps Hammer and Rhino didn't get the memo.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:58pm

Quote:

I didnt say they were unable to serve in the military. What on earth is wrong with you 2? Basic english beyond you all of a sudden?

Appears you don't understand what you quoted, Rhino.  Tsk, tsk.  For a service person to be, "administratively unfit", means that they cannot serve.  From the AR 40-501 12/14/2007 STANDARDS OF MEDICAL FITNESS:

unfit.png (87 KB | 24 )
unfit.png

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:04pm

rhino wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:51pm:

yeah you did.

Naughty boy. Tampering with peoples posts is against forum rules John, heres the original quote. Looking for another holiday?
[quote author=
Mr_Hammer link
=1499570982/8#8 date=1499754705] You can't be transgender in the defence forces because they strip you back during training. There's no individuality during training. You are a man or a woman. No wigs, no different clothing, no hijabs, nothing.

[/quote]

I didn't tamper with anything you idiot. I provided YOUR quote claiming you couldn't be transgender in the defence force. The rest of your quote was just an excuse and your excuses were irrelevant. Just because someone wears camouflage greens and has a buzz cut, that doesn't make them any less transgender, no matter how much you wish it so.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:58pm:

Quote:

Appears you don't understand what you quoted, Rhino.  Tsk, tsk.  For a service person to be, "administratively unfit", means that they cannot serve.  From the AR 40-501 12/14/2007 STANDARDS OF MEDICAL FITNESS:

Of course Brian, but until the bans were lifted recently the US military had a dont ask dont tell policy, technically they were psychologically unfit to serve but if they didnt openly proclaim their status they were left alone.  That doesnt mitigate the fact that until recently transgenders  were considered psychologically unfit and for good reason. What has happened since a year ago to make all these same people now psychologcially fit?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:06pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:04pm:

yeah you did.

[quote author=
Mr_Hammer link
=1499570982/8#8 date=1499754705] You can't be transgender in the defence forces because they strip you back during training. There's no individuality during training. You are a man or a woman. No wigs, no different clothing, no hijabs, nothing.

I didn't tamper with anything you idiot. I provided YOUR quote claiming you couldn't be transgender in the defence force. The rest of your quote was just an excuse and your excuses were irrelevant. Just because someone wears camouflage greens and has a buzz cut, that doesn't make them any less transgender, no matter how much you wish it so.
[/quote]read the name fool, it says Mr Hammer. I made no such claim.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:06pm

yeah you did.

[quote author=
Mr_Hammer link

Oh dear    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:07pm

yeah you did.

[quote author=
Mr_Hammer link

[/quote]Thanks Rhino. During military training there is no individuality. No hijabs, vegetarians, alternative genders etc. There's one diet, 2 types of toilets . If you pray you do it on your own time. If there were changes to these rules the military couldn't put in it's  methods for psychological conditioning. If you are a trannie it's off base. If you are gay it's off base. If you are a vegetarian it's off base. Individuals don't work together as a team which is necessary in battle.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:17pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
Thanks Rhino. During military training there is no individuality. No hijabs, vegetarians, alternative genders etc. There's one diet, 2 types of toilets .

You were saying?

"two-thirds of the army’s combat rations conform to halal, kosher or vegetarian guidelines to create an “inclusive working environment” for Australia’s defence personnel, according to documents published under Freedom of Information."

Most Australian Army rations now halal, kosher or vegetarian

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:17pm:
Thanks Rhino. During military training there is no individuality. No hijabs, vegetarians, alternative genders etc. There's one diet, 2 types of toilets .

You were saying?

"two-thirds of the army’s combat rations conform to halal, kosher or vegetarian guidelines to create an “inclusive working environment” for Australia’s defence personnel, according to documents published under Freedom of Information."

hey nitwit, do you think they get Kosher or vegetarian rations packs when deployed?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:23pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:20pm:

You were saying?

do you think they get Kosher or vegetarian rations packs when deployed?

Yes, dear.

Well, two-thirds anyway.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:25pm

You were saying?

In the US there a no special menus during training. I'm not sure about here. There is no individuality. I suppose you can not eat meat in the dining hall but good luck finishing the training.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:25pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:23pm:

You were saying?

Yes, dear.

Well, two-thirds anyway.
I'm talking about the US.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:35pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:25pm:

You were saying?

Yes, dear.

Well, two-thirds anyway.

Grin

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:37pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:35pm:

You were saying?

Yes, dear.

Well, two-thirds anyway.

Grin
In one release from a medical center on Fort Hood, Texas, it states that "the Army didn't promise to meet all your dietary desires" and then goes on to describe vegetarian diets from "most-restrictive" to "less-restrictive." This is an unfortunate example of the military's lack of support for vegetarians and vegans. I have found no written rules or regulations that specifically protect or deny the vegetarian lifestyle. There are regulations protecting religious preference, and some of these such as Seventh-day Adventist are vegetarian, which is why the military has implemented meals to reflect these choices. The military considers the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines when creating a meal plan in the dining facility.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:41pm

You were saying?

Yes, dear.

Well, two-thirds anyway.

"USA. Individual ration for one vegetarian meal."

Soldiers’ ration kits tell us a lot about their nations

Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:46pm

Army ration packs from around the world

"USA

"Almond poppy seed pound cake, cranberries, spiced apple cider (the hot US non-alcoholic drink) and peanut butter and crackers make up this very American meal package. The main — pasta with vegetable 'crumbles' in spicy tomato sauce — is less traditional, but the 'flameless heater' shows off American tech skills — just add water to the powder in a plastic bag and it heats up enough to warm the plastic meal pouch."

Are tomatoes a meat, Homo?

I'm curious.

Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:46pm

rhino wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:06pm:
read the name foo

ahhh ... sorry, I quoted your comment using his reply. It's still not 'tampering'.  Not that it matters, from what I've seen on this forum, you and hammer could be twins anyway.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:48pm

During military training there is no individuality. No hijabs, vegetarians, alternative genders

it's irrelevant to your comment what the army does. You claimed there are no trans. in the army. There are. Just because the guy who thinks he's a woman can't wear a dress during drill training, it doesn't make him any less trans.

Next you'll be telling me a bear doesn't poo in the woods because you didn't see it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:48pm

You were saying?

hey nitwit, do you think they get Kosher or vegetarian rations packs when deployed?

As an ex-Rations Storeman, I can tell you, that you know buggerall about what you're talking about.

In the field, soldiers are fed wherever possible, fresh rations.  If fresh is not available, then they default to bulk canned rations.  If operational necessity requires, then they can also be issued ration packs.   Ratpacks come in individual, one man packs, five man packs and 10 man packs.  There is also one man dehydrated "patrol rations" (which taste like crap).   The one man packs come in varieties A to E, five man come in varieties A to D as do 10 man packs.   At least one variety in the one man packs is vegetarian.   The others are all meat based.

Now, here is the interesting bit which will piss you off no doubt.   Vegetarian/Jewish/Muslim/Sikh soldiers can be, instead of being issued rations be provided with a meal allowance which allows them to purchase their own, specialised prepared/slaughtered foods, which if necessary, they are then allowed to cook for themselves in the unit's kitchens.   Whilst that applies to Fresh rations, they can all be provided with religious dispensation to eat non-Vegetarian/Kosher/Halal/Sikhism foods in the field if operationally necessary.

Would you like to learn about the issuing of special rations such as Rum for the cold weather supplement?    Cool

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:49pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:48pm:
During military training there is no individuality. No hijabs, vegetarians, alternative genders

it's irrelevant to your comment what the army does. You claimed there are no trans. in the army. There are. Just because the guy who thinks he's a woman can't wear a dress during drill training, it doesn't make him any less trans.

Next you'll be telling me a bear doesn't poo in the woods because you didn't see it.

He also claimed "no vegetarian meals".

WRONG!

Hammer is having another shocker of a night.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 8:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:48pm:

You were saying?

As an ex-Rations Storeman, I can tell you, that you know buggerall about what you're talking about.

In the field, soldiers are fed wherever possible, fresh rations.  If fresh is not available, then they default to bulk canned rations.  If operational necessity requires, then they can also be issued ration packs.   Ratpacks come in individual, one man packs, five man packs and 10 man packs.  There is also one man dehydrated "patrol rations" (which taste like crap).   The one man packs come in varieties A to E, five man come in varieties A to D as do 10 man packs.   At least one variety in the one man packs is vegetarian.   The others are all meat based.

Now, here is the interesting bit which will piss you off no doubt.   Vegetarian/Jewish/Muslim/Sikh soldiers can be, instead of being issued rations be provided with a meal allowance which allows them to purchase their own, specialised prepared/slaughtered foods, which if necessary, they are then allowed to cook for themselves in the unit's kitchens.   Whilst that applies to Fresh rations, they can all be provided with religious dispensation to eat non-Vegetarian/Kosher/Halal/Sikhism foods in the field if operationally necessary.

Would you like to learn about the issuing of special rations such as Rum for the cold weather supplement?    Cool

Holy sh1t!

Hammer is getting owned on a whole new level tonight.

I must say, I've never come across anyone who knows so little about so many things.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #49 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:50am

It serves to remind us all that forced social engineering can be used to fkk up any organisation.

Welcome to Australia's new combat uniform.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #50 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:28pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:50am:

It serves to remind us all that forced social engineering can be used to fkk up any organisation.

I take it you prefer for all the servicepeople to be big, beefy blokes?  No gays, no blacks, no Asians, no Buddhists, no Muslims, etc. ?

Just as well you're not mixing with the rest of Australian society then, because our defence forces reflect our society.   Our society contains a multicultural/multisexual/multireligious mix and so does our defence forces.   You're living in the 1950s, not the 21st century.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #51 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:50am:

I take it you prefer for all the servicepeople to be big, beefy blokes?  No gays, no blacks, no Asians, no Buddhists, no Muslims, etc. ?

Just as well you're not mixing with the rest of Australian society then, because our defence forces reflect our society.   Our society contains a multicultural/multisexual/multireligious mix and so does our defence forces.   You're living in the 1950s, not the 21st century.    Roll Eyes

Actually my understanding the primary role of the ADF is to protect society, not reflect it; it would a p1ss poor organisation if that was its fkken job.

But luckily your bent for hysterical over-reaction always makes for cretinous but amusing posts.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 6:21pm

Our defence force reflects our society? Seems a particularly stupid thing to say even for this board, unless you have a very odd idea of what reflects mean.

So what do you mean by reflects Brian, cos the defence force main and largest demographic is constituted from young fit men who pass various mental and physical aptitude and barrier tests which exclude most of the society that you claim it reflects. 

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #53 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 6:33pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 6:21pm:
Our defence force reflects our society? Seems a particularly stupid thing to say even for this board, unless you have a very odd idea of what reflects mean.

So what do you mean by reflects Brian, cos the defence force main and largest demographic is constituted from young fit men who pass various mental and physical aptitude and barrier tests which exclude most of the society that you claim it reflects. 

Yeah, they tend to make the best soldiers, but a transgender cis lesbian social justice warriors would work too I guess.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #54 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:00pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 6:33pm:

Yeah, they tend to make the best soldiers, but a transgender cis lesbian social justice warriors would work too I guess.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Having met some of those, I can assure you, they actually make quite fearsome warriors, BigOl64.

You of course would know who makes the best soldiers, sitting inside your hangar at Williamtown, with your F-111s strapped to your hips, with Brylcreem all through your hair...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:00pm:

Having met some of those, I can assure you, they actually make quite fearsome warriors, BigOl64.

Of course you have Brian  Roll Eyes

Debate by anecdote once again.   Grin Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #56 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:15pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:12pm:

I suppose I could just resort to opinion as most people do here, hey, SW?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:15pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:12pm:

I suppose I could just resort to opinion as most people do here, hey, SW?    Roll Eyes

Or you could explain why you think the demographics of the defence force are a reflection of the demographics of Australian society.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #58 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:20pm

No, they don't.  The Psychological Corps testing of recruits is based more on trick-cyclist fashion than reality.

Gays?  Serving openly.
Transgender?  Serving openly.
Muslims?  Serving openly.
Jews, Sikhs, vegetarians, you name it, serving openly.

The only ones who are prevented from serving are the ones who have violent, criminal tendencies and of course the ones who are physiologically unfit.

The ADF needs large numbers of young, fit, males because that is the people they want in particular roles and who they accept in large numbers.   They limit the number of women, quite deliberately from serving because of outmoded ideas about sexism.

The ADF, overall, reflects Australian society which is predominately a white, Anglo-Saxon/Celtic, nominally Christian society.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:20pm:

No, they don't.  The Psychological Corps testing of recruits is based more on trick-cyclist fashion than reality.

Gays?  Serving openly.

The only ones who are prevented from serving are the ones who have violent, criminal tendencies and of course the ones who are physiologically unfit.

The ADF needs large numbers of young, fit, males because that is the people they want in particular roles and who they accept in large numbers.   They limit the number of women, quite deliberately from serving because of outmoded ideas about sexism.

The ADF, overall, reflects Australian society which is predominately a white, Anglo-Saxon/Celtic, nominally Christian society.    Roll Eyes
The defence force uses a variation of the Minnesota multiphasic test for their psychological testing, if answered honestly it would preclude transgenders from joining as psychologically unfit.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:30pm

This is absolute nonsense. There are a large number of reasons people would not be accepted.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:36pm

Gays?  Serving openly.

What about age, handicapped, etc.

Your notion that the defence force reflects is as dopy as you, which is why you have shied away any  demographics comparison.

It in no way reflects society, though I am sure you would wish it to and have a defence force including elderly on Zimmer frames.

Maybe you should have used a different word, cos your statement was ridiculous. 

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:41pm

You of course would know who makes the best soldiers, sitting inside your hangar at Williamtown, with your F-111s strapped to your hips, with Brylcreem all through your hair...   Roll Eyes

BigHole's potato peeler is pretty sharp you know.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:54pm

Have I got this right, Brian who was in a support role in one arm of the defence force is putting crap on someone who was in a support role in another arm of the defence force?

And Gregg of course, sniping from the sidelines but only at one cos with Gregg it's not the principle it's the side.

Clowns both.   Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Brian was a storeman, very important role and of course, one very far away from any potential battle.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:00pm

rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:56pm:
Brian was a storeman, very important role and of course, one very far away from any potential battle.

I bet they have a lot of shovels in those stores.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:01pm

I agree, tooth to tail and all that.  Which is why it is so stupid but stupid is what Brian does.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:06pm

Gays?  Serving openly.

More Muslim are 'serving' with ISIS than with the ADF.

Yet an another argument for limiting Muslim immigration - they side with our enemies.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:01pm

Frank wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:06pm:

Gays?  Serving openly.

Yet an another argument for limiting Muslim immigration - they side with our enemies.

Are you really this stupid, or are you just having a laugh?

Do you have any idea how demented you sound?

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #69 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:13pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:36pm:

Gays?  Serving openly.

What about age, handicapped, etc.

The age retirement regulations were opened up about 15 years ago to 55, SW.   I have known some handicapped soldiers over the years, some missing hands, fingers, toes, etc.   The Army looks after it's own as much as possible and uses their knowledge and skills when it can.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Your notion that the defence force reflects is as dopy as you, which is why you have shied away any  demographics comparison.

It in no way reflects society, though I am sure you would wish it to and have a defence force including elderly on Zimmer frames.

Maybe you should have used a different word, cos your statement was ridiculous. 

Run along, SW, it's obvious you know bugger all about the ADF.   The ADF reflects the society on which it is drawn from and so it should in a democratic, liberal nation like Australia.   

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:14pm

rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:30pm:

This is absolute nonsense. There are a large number of reasons people would not be accepted.

Really?  Never served, have you, Rhino?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #71 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:54pm:
Have I got this right, Brian who was in a support role in one arm of the defence force is putting crap on someone who was in a support role in another arm of the defence force?

Ask BigOl64 that question, SW.  He afterall is the one telling us, like you, what he thinks the ADF should look like, rather than telling us what it does look like.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #72 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:20pm

Oh, dear.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   You know bugger all, beyond what I have mentioned as to what my unit(s) did and where it was intended to serve on a battlefield.   I could, if you wanted, tell you but I suspect you'd find it like your claims about Vegetarian and other specialised rations rather hard to swallow, Rhino.   Run along, back to your Islamophobic trolling and baiting.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:14pm:

Well Ive never served ration packs. Why on earth would there be aptitude testing if everyone got accepted? Basic stuff Brian, lots of non violent people get knocked back for the ADF. Not everyones suited.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:21pm

You keep saying that the ADF reflects society but you are unable to point to any demographics to demonstrate your point.  The ADF is the opposite of reflective of society it consists of a small and specific demographic and all others are excluded. 

Your keep saying so don't make it so.  See that is what happens when you substitute anecdote and say so for debate for so long you forget what evidence and proof is in making an argument.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:20pm:

Oh, dear.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   You know bugger all, beyond what I have mentioned as to what my unit(s) did and where it was intended to serve on a battlefield.   I could, if you wanted, tell you but I suspect you'd find it like your claims about Vegetarian and other specialised rations rather hard to swallow, Rhino.   Run along, back to your Islamophobic trolling and baiting.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

I didnt make any claims about rations, you arent doing yourself any favours here.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:21pm:
You keep saying that the ADF reflects society but you are unable to point to any demographics to demonstrate your point.  The ADF is the opposite of reflective of society it consists of a small and specific demographic and all others are excluded. 

Your keep saying so don't make it so.  See that is what happens when you substitute anecdote and say so for debate for so long you forget what evidence and proof is in making an argument. 
Exactly right.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #77 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:23pm

Frank wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:06pm:

Gays?  Serving openly.

Oh, poor, poor, Soren.  I really do pity you.  You have a one track mind and it revolves around how much you fear and hate Islam.   Who cares how many Muslims are in IS compared to how many are in the ADF.  The point is, we have Muslims serving in the ADF, they disprove all the claims by the Islamophobes that all Muslims hate the West, hate Australia and have you.   Tsk , tsk, such a foolish person, Soren.  Really?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:23pm

You mentioned once you were an Army Butcher.  Nothing wrong with support roles Brian, the teeth needs a tail.  Likewise the RAAF have support roles.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #79 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:25pm

rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:20pm:

Well Ive never served ration packs. Why on earth would there be aptitude testing if everyone got accepted? Basic stuff Brian, lots of non violent people get knocked back for the ADF. Not everyones suited.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Failed reading comprehension in school did you, Rhino?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #80 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:27pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:23pm:

You mentioned once you were an Army Butcher.  Nothing wrong with support roles Brian, the teeth needs a tail.  Likewise the RAAF have support roles.

Oh, I agree, SW, there is nothing wrong with being employed in a support role.   I don't try and tell BigOl64 how to be in the RAAF but he attempts to tell me how the Army works.   Address his comments for a change, mine are mild and only in response to his.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:17pm:

Ask BigOl64 that question, SW.  He afterall is the one telling us, like you, what he thinks the ADF should look like, rather than telling us what it does look like.   Roll Eyes

Has comprehension always been such a problem for you, I didn't once even imply what the ADF should look like you dopy bugger, I was arguing with your stupid statement that is reflects society.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:25pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Failed reading comprehension in school did you, Rhino?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes
Just admit you were wrong Brian. Be easier for you.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:27pm:

Oh, I agree, SW, there is nothing wrong with being employed in a support role.   I don't try and tell BigOl64 how to be in the RAAF but he attempts to tell me how the Army works.   Address his comments for a change, mine are mild and only in response to his.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

You were laying crap on him for being in a support role.  Hellloooooo dopeyyyyyyy  Roll Eyes

Clowns everywhere  Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #84 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:53pm

rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:29pm:

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #85 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:54pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:30pm:

You were laying crap on him for being in a support role.  Hellloooooo dopeyyyyyyy  Roll Eyes

Clowns everywhere  Grin

Another who failed reading comprehension it appears.  Tsk, tsk.  Such foolishness.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 10:12pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:28pm:

Has comprehension always been such a problem for you, I didn't once even imply what the ADF should look like you dopy bugger, I was arguing with your stupid statement that is reflects society.

Here's a reflection for you Brian.   Grin Grin Grin

Comprehension he said.   Cool

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 10:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:53pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:29pm:

Yes Brian, you failed. Tsk tsk.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #88 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 5:11am

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 10:12pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:28pm:

Here's a reflection for you Brian.   Grin Grin Grin

Comprehension he said.   Cool

Yeah, brian is big on the overly dramatic when he fears one of his pet causes is being criticised.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #89 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 5:20am

Well you like most dopey grunts have no idea how the RAAF works, so ........

I had spent enough time in the field with your brethren to get a fair idea

Stop being overly dramatic it is unbecoming of an ex-soldier.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #90 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:20pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 5:20am:

A "fair idea" in your case appears to be "no idea" in reality. BigOl64.  If you had any idea, you'd know the difference between a "grunt" and a "cockroach".   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

Says he who has never been a soldier.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #91 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 1:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:20pm:

A "fair idea" in your case appears to be "no idea" in reality. BigOl64.  If you had any idea, you'd know the difference between a "grunt" and a "cockroach".   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

To the RAAF you are all grunts and we don't give a sh1t about your indignant protests.  Smiley

As my meme points out, there is a very good reason why I was never a soldier.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 1:39pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #93 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:54pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 1:03pm:

Quote:

To the RAAF you are all grunts and we don't give a sh1t about your indignant protests.  Smiley

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person who appears indignant is yourself, BigOl64.  I am surprised that you keep digging a hole for yourself, the way you're going on.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #94 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:07am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:54pm:

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person who appears indignant is yourself, BigOl64.  I am surprised that you keep digging a hole for yourself, the way you're going on.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes this  Smiley has been the emoji for indignation for as long as I can remember.

Here is me being angry at you for making me feel bad about my RAAF Career.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #95 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:21pm

Oh look!
A Butterfly.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:23pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 8:07am:

Quote:

Yes this  Smiley has been the emoji for indignation for as long as I can remember.

Here is me being angry at you for making me feel bad about my RAAF Career.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Have I?  Oh, what a shame.  You haven't made me feel bad about my Army career.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #97 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:41pm

You will all do 50 push ups, jog 15kms, jump over walls in a single bound and all the other things that 'sports' people do ...just so you can pull a trigger with your fingers from a safe and anonymous position.
Hell, we'll even make you do an extra 50 chin-ups so you can use a small box to kill people with Drones.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #98 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:23pm:

Quote:

Have I?  Oh, what a shame.  You haven't made me feel bad about my Army career.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You don't understand sarcasm do you?

To call you a dumb grunt would be an insult to dumb grunts.

Thank fkk for velcro sand-shoes hey brian.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #99 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 5:13pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:36pm:

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, BigOl64.  Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, as Oscar Wilde once remarked.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #100 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 5:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 5:13pm:

Quote:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, BigOl64.  Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, as Oscar Wilde once remarked.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Since you like most poorly read individuals rarely know the full quote, Ill print the whole quote.  Smiley Smiley

“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.” Oscar Wilde

Tsk, tsk, dumb grunt

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #101 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:15pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 5:44pm:

Quote:

Since you like most poorly read individuals rarely know the full quote, Ill print the whole quote.  Smiley Smiley

“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.” Oscar Wilde

Tsk, tsk, dumb grunt

Oh, no, I knew the full quote but preferred to post on the first half.  Tsk, tsk.  Oscar always was a pretentious prat.  Reminds me of you, BigOl64.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
“Quoting Shakespeare, Oscar?” says I. “Pity you don’t crib him more often. Get better notices, what? My dear,” says I to Selly, “this is Mr Wilde, who writes comic material for the halls.”

Suggested Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC, KCB, KCIE in Flashman and the Tiger...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:18pm

You are now one of Oscar's mob, are you, auntie Bwian??

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #103 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:21pm

Frank wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:18pm:

And which "mob" would that be, Soren?

Read the next few replies and you'll find your answer.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 3:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:21pm:

Narcissists.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #105 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 6:20pm

Frank wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 3:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:21pm:

Narcissists.

Nope.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #106 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 10:03am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:15pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 5:44pm:

Quote:

Tsk, tsk, dumb grunt

Oh, no, I knew the full quote but preferred to post on the first half.  Tsk, tsk.  Oscar always was a pretentious prat.  Reminds me of you, BigOl64.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
“Quoting Shakespeare, Oscar?” says I. “Pity you don’t crib him more often. Get better notices, what? My dear,” says I to Selly, “this is Mr Wilde, who writes comic material for the halls.”

Suggested Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC, KCB, KCIE in Flashman and the Tiger...

Couldn't quite back peddle fast enough could you?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #107 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 11:05am

I think this is a better idea

IP Logged

Pages: 1