Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Happy 4th of July, Chicago. 100 shot... (Read 9752 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Happy 4th of July, Chicago. 100 shot...
Jul 7th, 2017 at 2:00pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Happy 4th of July, Chicago. 100 shot...
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 2:31pm

That is why they call the place Chi-raq, the place is a violent sh1t hole

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 2:34pm

Meanwhile, a short educational lesson ...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 3:03pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 2:34pm:
Meanwhile, a short educational lesson ...

Paul Joseph Watson      Grin

You don't do yourself any favours, Herbie.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Nobody cares about Black on Black crime, not even other Blacks or Rahm Emanuel. They are just cattle for the Democratic Party! Just as long as they remember who to vote for on Election Day! Vote early and vote often.

http://heyjackass.com/

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 6:34pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
Nobody cares about Black on Black crime, not even other Blacks or Rahm Emanuel. They are just cattle for the Democratic Party! Just as long as they remember who to vote for on Election Day! Vote early and vote often.

2017 Race of Victim/Assailant

Race      Victim      Assailant
Black      259      34
Hispanic      48      3

White/Other      8      -
Police      -      6
Self Defense      -      3
Unknown      7      265

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 6:35pm

Tsk,tsk, Mort.  All people who commit a crime, are apprehended, charged and found guilty before the beaks deserve our attention, no matter what "race" they belong to.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:37am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 9th, 2017 at 6:35pm:

Tsk,tsk, Mort.  All people who commit a crime, are apprehended, charged and found guilty before the beaks deserve our attention, no matter what "race" they belong to.    Roll Eyes

Its not my opinion, that's just the way it is. For all the lip service the hard truth is that nobody cares. More often than not the Police can't even find witnesses.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 11:27am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 2:31pm:

A fitting stomping ground for the ex-president, the former HNIC, Barack Hussein Obama, & his lovely brother/partner/wife Michelle. Wink

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 6:11pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:37am:

Its not my opinion, that's just the way it is. For all the lip service the hard truth is that nobody cares. More often than not the Police can't even find witnesses.

Funny, perhaps it's 'cause the way the Police act towards anybody of colour?  "He's guilty" appears to be their almost universal refrain, unless of course he's a police officer himself.

If the US Police cleaned up their act and actually started policing everybody equally, they might find more people willing to testify.  Must make life a bugger out in the countryside,  when nobody trusts you.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 6:13pm

Panther wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 11:27am:

A fitting stomping ground for the ex-president, the former HNIC, Barack Hussein Obama, & his lovely brother/partner/wife Michelle. Wink

Must make me wonder what sort of environment made his successor the way he is.

Barack Obama appears to be a much better statesman than Donald Trump.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:08pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:37am:

Funny, perhaps it's 'cause the way the Police act towards anybody of colour?  "He's guilty" appears to be their almost universal refrain, unless of course he's a police officer himself.

If the US Police cleaned up their act and actually started policing everybody equally, they might find more people willing to testify.  Must make life a bugger out in the countryside,  when nobody trusts you.    Roll Eyes

If you are not arguing just to be contrary you have no clue what you are saying!

Communities increase their income by having their Police issue Traffic Citations. Most will claim there is not a quota system but they depend on that revenue as part of their budgets. The Officers or Deputies will park and wait for an opportunity to do their part for their employer. Every time they have ticketed me I was driving at least ten miles over the posted speed limit. I've never been caught driving impaired or been held responsible for an accident.
As I have posted before how you act when pulled over has everything to do with how things turn out.
Everyone who has done traffic stops will tell you that Black people regularly freak out when pulled over. They are very animated and have trouble following instructions They immediately start claiming racism even though the Police probably didn't know who was in the vehicle.

Witnesses don't cooperate for fear of reprisals by the friends or family of the shooters, not some distrust of the Police. They usually have to stay in the neighborhood and don't want any trouble.

Obama was an absolute failure as a servant of the American people, his time in office is best described as "Image over Substance". If the Press, Hollywood and both Political Parties held him to the same standard as Trump he would have been gone in the first few months.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:49pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:08pm:
If you are not arguing just to be contrary you have no clue what you are saying!

What, you mean like you do when you rabbit on about Australia?  Funny that.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Communities increase their income by having their Police issue Traffic Citations. Most will claim there is not a quota system but they depend on that revenue as part of their budgets. The Officers or Deputies will park and wait for an opportunity to do their part for their employer. Every time they have ticketed me I was driving at least ten miles over the posted speed limit.

So, you admit that you were breaking the law and still complain about cited for breaking the law when caught, breaking the law?   You obviously have no respect for the Rule of Law.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
I've never been caught driving impaired or been held responsible for an accident.

So, now you admit you drive when impaired (Drunk/Stoned, I assume?).   You're a danger on the roads.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
As I have posted before how you act when pulled over has everything to do with how things turn out.
Everyone who has done traffic stops will tell you that Black people regularly freak out when pulled over. They are very animated and have trouble following instructions They immediately start claiming racism even though the Police probably didn't know who was in the vehicle.

Except for when they choose to shoot them and hope they'll get away with it.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Witnesses don't cooperate for fear of reprisals by the friends or family of the shooters, not some distrust of the Police. They usually have to stay in the neighborhood and don't want any trouble.

Perhaps the Police need to provide witness protection?  Oh, of course, not, they're blacks and don't deserve that, do they, Mort?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes
Quote:
Obama was an absolute failure as a servant of the American people, his time in office is best described as "Image over Substance". If the Press, Hollywood and both Political Parties held him to the same standard as Trump he would have been gone in the first few months.

Lets see what he achieved while he was in office shall we?

He extracted the US from the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq.  Two wars which cost hundreds of American lives and millions of Iraqi and Afghani lives.

He extracted the US from the worst recession it had seen in living memory.   He saved the US auto industry.   He saved the US steel industry.

He created Obamacare, which meant that ~30 million uninsured Americans receive medial insurance.

He passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession.

Eliminated Osama bin laden

Recapitalized Banks

Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”

Toppled Moammar Gaddafi

Reversed Bush Torture Policies

Improved America’s Image Abroad

Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, Expanded Pell Grant Spending

Boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards

Coordinated International Response to Financial Crisis

Began Asia “Pivot”

Increased Support for Veterans

Tightened Sanctions on Iran

Created Conditions to Begin Closing Dirtiest Power Plants

Passed Credit Card Reform

Eliminated Catch-22 in Pay Equality Laws

Improved Food Safety System

Achieved New START Treaty

Expanded Wilderness and Watershed Protection

Gave the FDA Power to Regulate Tobacco

Trimmed and Reoriented Missile Defense

Began Post-Post-9/11 Military Builddown

Improved School Nutrition

Expanded Hate Crimes Protections

Avoided Scandal

Brokered Agreement for Speedy Compensation to Victims of Gulf Oil Spill

Expanded Health Coverage for Children

Helped South Sudan Declare Independence

Provided Payment to Wronged Minority Farmers

And what has President Trump accomplished?

He's been implicated in the Russian Hacking Scandal.   He has attempted to ban refugees from seven Islamic nations from coming to the US.  He has repealed Obamacare, exposing ~30 million Americans to being uninsured for medical care.  He has deported several thousands of illegal Mexican immigrants.

Tell me when Trump actually doesn't something worthwhile, OK?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #13 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:55am

Quote:
What, you mean like you do when you rabbit on about Australia?

All I remember is posting that the "criminals" sent to Australia were mostly the Poor and not a bunch of murderers and thugs. The United States never had a debtors prison unlike the UK because we saw how unjust it was. Maybe you disagree with me because there are no known convicts in your family tree and somehow that makes you feel superior.

Quote:
So, you admit that you were breaking the law and still complain about cited for breaking the law when caught, breaking the law?   You obviously have no respect for the Rule of Law.  Tsk, tsk.

I didn't complain, on those rare occasions when I have been ticketed I know what I did and and know a few hundred dollars is going to someones Court. The traffic stop will be civil and I will soon be on my way with instructions on who to pay and how much.

Quote:
So, now you admit you drive when impaired (Drunk/Stoned, I assume?).   You're a danger on the roads.

That was rare and stopped many years ago when I became a married man and had family responsibilities. Even than I was not drunk but my reaction time was slowed by Alcohol just enough to increase the chances of causing an accident.

Quote:
Except for when they choose to shoot them and hope they'll get away with it.  Tsk, tsk.

Too much MSM and their BS as usual. When I have known the truth of a story they never report it accurately. If they don't have an agenda they package the story to fit into the space or time allowed and than move on to the next one. Body cameras have done a lot more to clear Law Enforcement than to convict them.

Quote:
Perhaps the Police need to provide witness protection?  Oh, of course, not, they're blacks and don't deserve that, do they, Mort?  Tsk, tsk

You know that is not realistic, no one is going into witness protection over witnessing a street killing.

Quote:

There is so much wrong with your list and I am not going to go line by line.

Maybe later, I have things to get done today!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:33pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 1:55am:
Quote:
What, you mean like you do when you rabbit on about Australia?

All I remember is posting that the "criminals" sent to Australia were mostly the Poor and not a bunch of murderers and thugs. The United States never had a debtors prison unlike the UK because we saw how unjust it was. Maybe you disagree with me because there are no known convicts in your family tree and somehow that makes you feel superior.

As I came from the one state which started as a free colony, and never received transported convicts, I think I am quite superior to the Eastern and Western states which did.   As for North American never receiving transported convicts, that is essentially a lie.   I suspect it is used to salve the concious of North Americans who don't like looking at the reality of how their nation was established.   It was based on servitude, slavery and rape and pillage and massacre.

Quote:
Quote:
So, you admit that you were breaking the law and still complain about cited for breaking the law when caught, breaking the law?   You obviously have no respect for the Rule of Law.  Tsk, tsk.

I didn't complain, on those rare occasions when I have been ticketed I know what I did and and know a few hundred dollars is going to someones Court. The traffic stop will be civil and I will soon be on my way with instructions on who to pay and how much.

And now you complain?  Tsk, tsk.  You broke the law.  You paid the penalty.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
So, now you admit you drive when impaired (Drunk/Stoned, I assume?).   You're a danger on the roads.

That was rare and stopped many years ago when I became a married man and had family responsibilities. Even than I was not drunk but my reaction time was slowed by Alcohol just enough to increase the chances of causing an accident.

But you still broke the law?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Except for when they choose to shoot them and hope they'll get away with it.  Tsk, tsk.

Too much MSM and their BS as usual. When I have known the truth of a story they never report it accurately. If they don't have an agenda they package the story to fit into the space or time allowed and than move on to the next one. Body cameras have done a lot more to clear Law Enforcement than to convict them.

Except for the video evidence that witnesses produce which prove that the Police Officer chose to shoot the (invariably innocent) person simply because they were attempting to prove their identity and were black.   Tsk, tsk.  Of course the MSM has an agenda.  It always does.   It's called "telling the truth" not lies.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps the Police need to provide witness protection?  Oh, of course, not, they're blacks and don't deserve that, do they, Mort?  Tsk, tsk

You know that is not realistic, no one is going into witness protection over witnessing a street killing.

See, you write them off just because the crime is commonplace.   Tsk, tsk, so much for caring for your fellow citizens.     Roll Eyes
Quote:
Quote:

There is so much wrong with your list and I am not going to go line by line.

Maybe later, I have things to get done today!

In otherwords, you weren't expecting a list which was factually based.   Scurry away, Mort.  Obama was ten times the statesman compared to Trump who's only interest it appears is gaining office and destroying all the good work his black predecessor did.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 11:15pm

"Tsk, tsk!" There it is.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 12:14am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 13th, 2017 at 11:15pm:
"Tsk, tsk!" There it is.

Indeed it is, indeed it is...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #17 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 12:10pm

Factually based? Most is spin, the rest is fable. I am out of town for a few more days with only my phone so I will get back to this next week.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 3:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 12:14am:
"Tsk, tsk!" There it is.

And an eyeroll!!

I need to get a lottery ticket.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:55pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
"Tsk, tsk!" There it is.

And an eyeroll!!

As a Statistician I once worked with, used to remark, "you know your chances of winning the lottery are only marginally improved by purchasing a ticket?"   Tsk, tsk.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:58pm

I heard that Chicago has had over 2,000 gang shootings (people shot) since the beginning of the year.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #21 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:55pm:
"Tsk, tsk!" There it is.

And an eyeroll!!

As a Statistician I once worked with, used to remark, "you know your chances of winning the lottery are only marginally improved by purchasing a ticket?"   Tsk, tsk.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

But so many people are mesmerised by your tsk, tsking that they forget to buy lottery tickets. Meaning that I get to have a higher chance of winning through increased odds.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #22 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:34pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
I heard that Chicago has had over 2,000 gang shootings (people shot) since the beginning of the year.

And when the police shoot back, the shooters' families like to rally about how "they boy wuz jus turnin' they laaaarves erround".

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:56pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:33pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:55pm:
"Tsk, tsk!" There it is.

And an eyeroll!!

But so many people are mesmerised by your tsk, tsking that they forget to buy lottery tickets. Meaning that I get to have a higher chance of winning through increased odds.

Really?  Methinks you have no understanding of how odds works, UnSubRocky.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #24 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:11pm

Quote:
Really?  Methinks you have no understanding of how odds works, UnSubRocky.

Oh, bullshit. You sit at the bus stop. Then no.19 bus pulls up for you to get on. So, you read the "19" on the bus and you start going "Nineteen?" "Nineteen!" Then you run around all crazy-like and then you go buy a lottery ticket. Because then your odds of winning increase because you purchased the "Secret" and all the happy rays of goodness come together and grant you first prize in the $19 million jackpot.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 5:51pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
Quote:
Really?  Methinks you have no understanding of how odds works, UnSubRocky.

Oh, bullshit. You sit at the bus stop. Then no.19 bus pulls up for you to get on. So, you read the "19" on the bus and you start going "Nineteen?" "Nineteen!" Then you run around all crazy-like and then you go buy a lottery ticket. Because then your odds of winning increase because you purchased the "Secret" and all the happy rays of goodness come together and grant you first prize in the $19 million jackpot.

Nope.  That is not how odds work, UnSubRocky.  Try again.  Perhaps your odds to figure them out will marginally improve?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:13am

Quote:
Brian Ross
As I came from the one state which started as a free colony, and never received transported convicts, I think I am quite superior to the Eastern and Western states which did.   As for North American never receiving transported convicts, that is essentially a lie.   I suspect it is used to salve the concious of North Americans who don't like looking at the reality of how their nation was established.   It was based on servitude, slavery and rape and pillage and massacre.

This explains a lot about your attitude, an accident of birth makes you better than your Countrymen. Do your coworkers know you are the "Superior Man"?

USA put an end to debtors prison when It achieved Independence. 

Indentured servitude was a choice even if it was one of desperation and exists in some form or another all over the World even today.

No one defends slavery but the North sure loved to tax the labor of those slaves.

Rape, pillage and massacre were the lifestyle of the American Indians. If you believe they were a peaceful bunch of red hippies you are truly delusional.

It must be a real blessing to be you.

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 7:02am by Mortdooley »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:34pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:13am:
Quote:
Brian Ross

This explains a lot about your attitude, an accident of birth makes you better than your Countrymen. Do your coworkers know you are the "Superior Man"?

USA put an end to debtors prison when It achieved Independence. 

Did it?  My, how interesting. That is not what this webpage suggests, Mort.  Perhaps you need to learn the history of the USA a little better?

Quote:
Indentured servitude was a choice even if it was one of desperation and exists in some form or another all over the World even today.

No one defends slavery but the North sure loved to tax the labor of those slaves.

Rape, pillage and massacre were the lifestyle of the American Indians. If you believe they were a peaceful bunch of red hippies you are truly delusional.

Nope.  I don't.  But then I don't believe the White settlers were any better, either, Mort.   They spread disease, massacre and of course, dislocation and theft of the Native Americans' children and even slavery of the Native Americans as well.   I blame Hollywood for the misinformation most people have about how violent colonisation was in the Americas.   I suppose you think the USA won WWI and WWII and of course Korea and Vietnam?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:33pm

Panther wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 11:27am:

Throwing the HNIC like the true keyboard warrior/coward you are Panther.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #29 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:05am

In the United States, debtors’ prisons were banned under federal law in 1833. A century and a half later, in 1983, the Supreme Court affirmed that incarcerating indigent debtors was unconstitutional under the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection clause.

During the 20th century, on three separate occasions, the Supreme Court affirmed the unconstitutionality of incarcerating those too poor to repay debt. In 1970, in Williams v. Illinois, the high court decided that a maximum prison term could not be extended because the defendant failed to pay court costs or fines. A year later, in Tate v. Short, the justices ruled that a defendant may not be jailed solely because he or she is too indigent to pay a fine.

It looks like the ACLU must have submitted revisions to your link, anyone can edit Wikipedia, anyone.

I understand that Courts find ways to bypass Constitutional protections. You get charged with contempt of court for failing to pay so the debt is the reason but technically it is failing to follow the order of the Court that will send you to jail. There is no Prison reserved for people who spend themselves into overwhelming debt!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #30 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:36pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:05am:
In the United States, debtors’ prisons were banned under federal law in 1833. A century and a half later, in 1983, the Supreme Court affirmed that incarcerating indigent debtors was unconstitutional under the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection clause.

During the 20th century, on three separate occasions, the Supreme Court affirmed the unconstitutionality of incarcerating those too poor to repay debt. In 1970, in Williams v. Illinois, the high court decided that a maximum prison term could not be extended because the defendant failed to pay court costs or fines. A year later, in Tate v. Short, the justices ruled that a defendant may not be jailed solely because he or she is too indigent to pay a fine.

It looks like the ACLU must have submitted revisions to your link, anyone can edit Wikipedia, anyone.

I understand that Courts find ways to bypass Constitutional protections. You get charged with contempt of court for failing to pay so the debt is the reason but technically it is failing to follow the order of the Court that will send you to jail. There is no Prison reserved for people who spend themselves into overwhelming debt!

Interesting and where do those quotes come from, Mort?  Google search doesn't show them at all.  I'll stick with Wikipedia for the moment.   It is verifiable.  You were wrong, according to it.   Debtor prisons existed after the US Revolution against British Rule.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #31 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 12:34am

Oh my, I made a mistake and forgot everything is legal until a law is passed against it. It took until 1833 to get the legislation to end debtors prison. That means it has only been illegal since 1833.
Panhandlers thrive at most intersections in our major cities, what a shame the Police can't scoop them all up and put them in jail. They refuse all offers of work, begging pays better. Unneeded leg braces, open shirts to show operation scars or removing an artificial limb to increase sympathy and guilt for not being in their condition. Their best chance to sucker me is when they have the little dog tied to the sign post where they panhandle.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #32 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 2:49pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 12:34am:
Oh my, I made a mistake and forgot everything is legal until a law is passed against it. It took until 1833 to get the legislation to end debtors prison. That means it has only been illegal since 1833.

When did the American Revolution occur, Mort?

Was it approximately 50 years before 1833?  Over half a century?

I'll take your answer as an admission that you were incorrect.   Particularly as it fails dismally to explain why Debtors' Prisons existed in the United States after 1833 (Virginia did not close it's last Debtors' Prison until 1849).   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #33 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:05am

This is what your hero did while abusing the Office of President.

Obama Failures:

IRS targets Obama’s enemies
    Benghazi
    Spying on the AP
    The ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme
    Sebelius demands payment
    The Pigford Agriculture Department Scandal
    The General Services Administration Las Vegas Spending Spree.
    Veterans Affairs in Disney World and neglecting vets
    Solyndra
    New Black Panthers Voter Intimidation
    The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s computer
    Obama’s LIES about the Affordable Care Act
    “I’ll Pass My Own Laws”
    NSA Spying on American People

Foreign Policy

Lack of solidarity with Israel
    Disaster with the Arab Spring
    Crimea
    Leaving Iraq too soon and letting ISIS take over
    Handling of Syrian Red Line
    Calling ISIS “JV”
    Failing to Recognize ISIS as a Radical (or Devout) Muslim Movement
    Returning the bust of Churchill to the Brits
    Lack of Confidence by NATO nations
    Signing a Disastrous Nuclear Deal with the Mullahs of Ira
     Paid $5 Billion & Released 5 Taliban Prisoners For Deserter Bergdahl
    Waging war by attacking Libya without Congressional approval
    Allowed the building of Chinese bases in the South China Sea and off the coast of Somalia at the entrance to the gulf of Aden

14. Paying ransom to Iranian for hostages- and using foreign currency in unmarked plane
     15. Lying about paying ransom (which media ignored!)
       16. Pays tribute to Japanese at Hiroshima on US Memorial Day
       17. Obama trashed America 18 times on Asian Tour
18. Pushing the U.N. resolution condemning Israel for legally building houses in Jewish neighborhoods
19. Released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority in last few hours
Domestic Policy

Failure to secure the Border
    Illegals bringing guns, drug and diseases through the southern border
    Bowe Bergdahl swap
    Passing on the keystone pipeline
     9 Trillion dollars more in debt
    Vast expansion of government
    Racial Division at all-time high
    Inviting Bomb Boy Ahmed to White House
    Disrespect for Cops
    Failed economic stimulus plan
    Constant disregard for the Constitution and tyrannical rule
    China overtook America as world’s largest economy
    Double Downgrade
    Housing policies failed to stop foreclosures
    Price of healthcare has drastically risen for those purchasing it
    Education policies failed to curb college costs
    Highest percentage of Americans on Food Stamps and Medicaid
    Record 92,898,000 Americans over 16 years not working
    Lowest Labor Force participation rate of 62.7%
    Denying the notion of American Exceptionalism
    Securing the Olympics for Chicago in 2016
    Naming numerous Communists/Socialists/Progressives to Czar Positions
    Mismanagement and cover up of Terrorist shootings in San Bernardino, California
    Mismanagement of Gulf Oil Spill
    Disastrous Vetting Process of “Immigrants” from Muslim Nations
    Refusing to Listen to CIA/FBI that there is no way to properly vet certain immigrants from Muslim nations

27.  Fort Hood Shooting
28.  Colorado EPA Disaster
  29. Veto of 911 Crime Bill- which was overturned
  30. Worst economic recovery since the depression with anemic GDP numbers
  31. Over 94 million Americans out of the workforce
  32. Obama commutes sentence on Chelsea Manning
   33. Obama commuted the sentence of FALN activist Oscar López Rivera

There is one story that has always sounded implausible. After ten years of no "proof of life" Obama sent Seal Team 6 to kill Osama bin Laden in Pakistan. The story of the Assault changed by the hour in the first few days. Osama hid behind one of his three wives, he was caught unaware while watching porn, he tried to use an AK-47 when shot by a man who claimed to have killed him. Than they removed the body and claimed to have had a burial at sea. So now they had no proof of death either. I'm not saying the story is fake but it sure seems full of holes.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #34 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:54pm

Most of those events were not his direct responsibility.

"Bringing guns through the southern border"?   Yea gods, who'd bother bringing guns to the USA?  The place is awash with them.

Mort, like most Right-Wingers you don't know didly squat about what a Government can and cannot do.

I was surprised you didn't try and claim that Obama wanted all your guns - something which was demonstrably false.  Tsk, tsk.   Get back to us with some facts or do you want me to start posting facts about Trump?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #35 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 12:00am

Quote:
Most of those events were not his direct responsibility.

Actually they were!

Quote:
"Bringing guns through the southern border"?   Yea gods, who'd bother bringing guns to the USA?  The place is awash with them.

Through does not mean "one way", the guns went South and the drugs went North. This was why Eric Holder and Barack Obama created "Operation fast and furious" to show how lax American gun Laws are. The Gun Stores declined these sales until the BATFE told them it was part of a government operation and approved the background checks. Most guns disappeared into Mexico and because of these sales two Federal Agents and a few thousand Mexicans died. Stolen and "Straw purchase" guns have been smuggled into Mexico ever since they virtually disarmed their honest citizens but never before on a massive scale and not by another government.

Quote:
Mort, like most Right-Wingers you don't know didly squat about what a Government can and cannot do.

Government exists for its own power over its people. I have found when you push back against local government they don't like waves and usually placate complainers like me. At higher levels they are protected from the voters by distance. If you drop by their district office you find some flunky who will listen politely, tell you they "feel your pain" and promise to bring your concern to your Representatives attention. If you write them a letter or E-mail them you will get a form letter response.  At some point people in government both elected and employees believe the People are too stupid to know what is best for them and need strong leadership. They also feel they are above the law and can justify anything.
If the Democrats were judged by the same standard as the Republicans there would be a lot more people in Federal Prisons! If the world was a fair place both Clintons and maybe even their slow witted daughter would be wearing convict orange.

The first President of the United States said: “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

After Obama won the 2008 election and before he took office he had a team research how much power he had. One of his first failed hopes was to Federalize the Retirement income of all Americans. He hoped to take over all retirement accounts and dole out an income based on some government formula.

Quote:
I was surprised you didn't try and claim that Obama wanted all your guns - something which was demonstrably false.

If it was a simple thing he would have outlawed private ownership. He would have gladly signed any citizen disarmament bill that came to his desk. By his own admission he never owned any firearm in his entire life and the only time he is known to have fired one was a "photo op" at Camp David during his time in office. 

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:16pm

So, then, Mort, explain to us how Obama was responsible for the Terrorist attack in Benghazi?

I wasn't aware that Obama was in charge of the Terrorists in Libya.  What happened in Benghazi was purely the responsibility of the Terrorists, not the US Government.   You appear to be conferring god-like powers on the White House for some reason.    Roll Eyes

As for "bringing guns through the Southern border" implies the flow of firearms is in one direction - northwards.   As you had already mentioned "fast and furious" once before in your list, you don't think your double-dipping?    Roll Eyes

As for "lack of solidarity with Israel", as far as I am aware, Obama was being far more objective than previous and post administrations have been on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.  Israel has illegally built numerous settlements in the Occupied Territories - including Jerusalem.  Obama told it as it was, not how the Zionist lobby in Washington likes it portrayed.  Israel is the oppressor, not the oppressed in Palestine.  The Palestinians are being oppressed.  Israel is engaged in Ethnic cleansing, not the Palestinians.   Time you caught up with the rest of the world.    Roll Eyes

My list of Obama's achievements came from an independent source - the MSM.  Your list appears to come from a partisan, Republican source.  You don't think it might be a tad biases at all?   I and many other objective views of US politics would.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:16pm:
So, then, Mort, explain to us how Obama was responsible for the Terrorist attack in Benghazi?

I wasn't aware that Obama was in charge of the Terrorists in Libya.  What happened in Benghazi was purely the responsibility of the Terrorists, not the US Government.   You appear to be conferring god-like powers on the White House for some reason.    Roll Eyes

As for "bringing guns through the Southern border" implies the flow of firearms is in one direction - northwards.   As you had already mentioned "fast and furious" once before in your list, you don't think your double-dipping?    Roll Eyes

As for "lack of solidarity with Israel", as far as I am aware, Obama was being far more objective than previous and post administrations have been on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.  Israel has illegally built numerous settlements in the Occupied Territories - including Jerusalem.  Obama told it as it was, not how the Zionist lobby in Washington likes it portrayed.  Israel is the oppressor, not the oppressed in Palestine.  The Palestinians are being oppressed.  Israel is engaged in Ethnic cleansing, not the Palestinians.   Time you caught up with the rest of the world.    Roll Eyes

My list of Obama's achievements came from an independent source - the MSM.  Your list appears to come from a partisan, Republican source.  You don't think it might be a tad biases at all?   I and many other objective views of US politics would.
So US foreign policy in Libya isn't the blame under Obama??? That's a first from a leftie.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:22pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:19pm:

So US foreign policy in Libya isn't the blame under Obama??? That's a first from a leftie.

I wasn't aware that the US Government controlled the actions of Terrorist groups in Libya, Hammer.  Funny how you lot always twist the blame towards Obama and away from the real culprits.  Apologist.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:22pm:

I wasn't aware that the US Government controlled the actions of Terrorist groups in Libya, Hammer.  Funny how you lot always twist the blame towards Obama and away from the real culprits.  Apologist.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes
Well considering ISIS are in Libya and ISIS originated in Iraq Brian?????

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #40 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:31pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:24pm:

IS may be in Libya but it is not under the day-to-day control of IS in Syria.   All they are, are people who have claimed allegiance to IS.  I don't doubt that at the most basic level, there are doctrinal and ideological differences which haven't been reconciled between the two groups.

However, this is distracting from the main point - Obama did not control the various Terrorist groups in Libya or anywhere else for that matter.  They did their own thing, when they wanted to.   Funny that, hey, Hammer.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:31pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:24pm:

IS may be in Libya but it is not under the day-to-day control of IS in Syria.   All they are, are people who have claimed allegiance to IS.  I don't doubt that at the most basic level, there are doctrinal and ideological differences which haven't been reconciled between the two groups.

However, this is distracting from the main point - Obama did not control the various Terrorist groups in Libya or anywhere else for that matter.  They did their own thing, when they wanted to.   Funny that, hey, Hammer.    Roll Eyes
Just admit it. Obama as well as many other people helped destabilise parts of the middle east which has led to what we have now. It's not the only reason but it is a reason. It's just a fact Brian.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 3:28pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
Just admit it. Obama as well as many other people helped destabilise parts of the middle east which has led to what we have now. It's not the only reason but it is a reason. It's just a fact Brian.

Yep, I'm willing to accept that BUT and it is a big but, that wasn't on Mort's list, Hammer.  So, as we are discussing Mort's charges, it doesn't count.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #43 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 12:09am

Quote:

Submitted by Mike Krieger via Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,

In retrospect, Obama’s intervention in Libya was an abject failure, judged even by its own standards. Libya has not only failed to evolve into a democracy; it has devolved into a failed state. Violent deaths and other human rights abuses have increased severalfold. Rather than helping the United States combat terrorism, as Qaddafi did during his last decade in power, Libya now serves as a safe haven for militias affiliated with both al Qaeda and the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS). The Libya intervention has harmed other U.S. interests as well: undermining nuclear nonproliferation, chilling Russian cooperation at the UN, and fueling Syria’s civil war.?

As bad as Libya’s human rights situation was under Qaddafi, it has gotten worse since NATO ousted him. Immediately after taking power, the rebels perpetrated scores of reprisal killings, in addition to torturing, beating, and arbitrarily detaining thousands of suspected Qaddafi supporters. The rebels also expelled 30,000 mostly black residents from the town of Tawergha and burned or looted their homes and shops, on the grounds that some of them supposedly had been mercenaries. Six months after the war, Human Rights Watch declared that the abuses “appear to be so widespread and systematic that they may amount to crimes against humanity.”?

As a consequence of such pervasive violence, the UN estimates that roughly 400,000 Libyans have fled their homes, a quarter of whom have left the country altogether. ?

Quote:
As for "bringing guns through the Southern border" implies the flow of firearms is in one direction - northwards.   As you had already mentioned "fast and furious" once before in your list, you don't think your double-dipping?

It was your impression and your mistake to believe that everything flowed in one direction. Southern border is a location and through is movement. Only you choose to assume to play the old debate trick of when you know you are wrong you double down.  Illegals move freely back and forth unless stopped by U.S. Border Agents.

Quote:
As for "lack of solidarity with Israel", as far as I am aware, Obama was being far more objective than previous and post administrations have been on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.  Israel has illegally built numerous settlements in the Occupied Territories - including Jerusalem.  Obama told it as it was, not how the Zionist lobby in Washington likes it portrayed.  Israel is the oppressor, not the oppressed in Palestine.  The Palestinians are being oppressed.  Israel is engaged in Ethnic cleansing, not the Palestinians.   Time you caught up with the rest of the world.

I have no problem supporting Israel against the Islamists and Western Countries shouldn't either. The took back what was theirs:

The Israelites occupied and conquered Palestine, or Canaan, beginning in the late 2nd millennium bc  and the Bible justifies such occupation by identifying Canaan with the Promised Land, the land promised to the Israelites by God.

Obama is an Atheist just like his mother before him and her family. He has strong Muslim sympathies due to his years in Indonesian schools. He has no cultural connection to either Jews or Christians.

Quote:
My list of Obama's achievements came from an independent source - the MSM.  Your list appears to come from a partisan, Republican source.

It has now been proven beyond all doubt that the MSM is not a reliable source of information. Over and over they have admitted their goal is to influence and lead a gullible viewership. People who won't see the bias have no right to attack the fools who believe Infowars coverage. At this point one has clearly sunk to the level of the other.

Obamas real legacy is that he destroyed Race Relations between American Blacks and the rest of the country. The Hispanics hate the Blacks as much as they ever did if not more and the rest of us just tolerate them. So many have been promoted beyond their ability in Government as well as filling quotas in Businesses that the favoritism is undeniable. The Obama system is to place the competent person who earned the promotion directly under the incompetent Obama favored individual.

Another reason to hate Trump is these policies for Federal employment are quietly being overturned and a quota based on local population used in its place. Federal jobs for the last eight years have had very few openings for White male Americans while creating unneeded positions to hire more politically desirable individuals. The department I am referring to is 80% black with a local black population of 16%. There are a lot of nervous people in that department. They don't have a lot of sucessful job performance history to fall back on!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 4:36pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 12:09am:
Quote:

Submitted by Mike Krieger via Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,
Tsk, tsk, trying dismally to widen the claim now, Mort?   Tsk, tsk, never took you for a exaggerator.  Lets stick with your original claim about the attack on Benghazi?   So, according to you, the Terrorists have no free will and are under the control of Obama?  Tsk, tsk.   We call that "bullshit" downunder, mate.

Quote:
[quote]As for "bringing guns through the Southern border" implies the flow of firearms is in one direction - northwards.   As you had already mentioned "fast and furious" once before in your list, you don't think your double-dipping?

It was your impression and your mistake to believe that everything flowed in one direction. Southern border is a location and through is movement. Only you choose to assume to play the old debate trick of when you know you are wrong you double down.  Illegals move freely back and forth unless stopped by U.S. Border Agents.

Doesn't work, Mort.  You claimed "bringing guns through the Southern border" - that implies a northwards movement to the USA in an objective reader's mind.   Double dipping indeed!   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
As for "lack of solidarity with Israel", as far as I am aware, Obama was being far more objective than previous and post administrations have been on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.  Israel has illegally built numerous settlements in the Occupied Territories - including Jerusalem.  Obama told it as it was, not how the Zionist lobby in Washington likes it portrayed.  Israel is the oppressor, not the oppressed in Palestine.  The Palestinians are being oppressed.  Israel is engaged in Ethnic cleansing, not the Palestinians.   Time you caught up with the rest of the world.

I have no problem supporting Israel against the Islamists and Western Countries shouldn't either. The took back what was theirs:

The Israelites occupied and conquered Palestine, or Canaan, beginning in the late 2nd millennium bc  and the Bible justifies such occupation by identifying Canaan with the Promised Land, the land promised to the Israelites by God.

Obama is an Atheist just like his mother before him and her family. He has strong Muslim sympathies due to his years in Indonesian schools. He has no cultural connection to either Jews or Christians.

Except he claims he is a Christian and attends Christian churches to pray and go to services, Mort.

The Israelis was last in occupation of Palestine over 2000 years ago.   Sorry, their lease on the land expired when the Romans ejected them from there.   They were trouble then and they are trouble now.   The UN granted them a homeland, without consulting the present owners of the land, the Palestinians.   Israel has been busy ethnically cleansing the Palestinians from Palestine.   Your own President Bush declared Ethnic Cleansing was illegal.  He established the rules, Mort.  Take it up with him.   Roll Eyes

Personally, I support the right of Israel, as declared in 1948, to exist.   It would have been better to have established a multicultural rather than a Jewish state but what is done is done.  Israel however has no right to ethnically cleanse the Palestinians, any more than the Nazis had any right to ethnically cleanse the Jews from Europe.   The Palestinians have owned that land for approximately 2000 years.   The Jews all fled Palestine.  Time they realise they are the invaders.  Time American Zionists realised that as well.  If Israel can exist, so can Palestine.

Your list is partisan, Mort.  Deeply so.   You appear to hate Obama for no other reason than his politics and perhaps his skin colour.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #45 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:03pm

Quote:
Doesn't work, Mort.  You claimed "bringing guns through the Southern border" - that implies a northwards movement to the USA in an objective reader's mind.

through

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/through

used as a function word to indicate movement into at one side or point and out at another and especially the opposite side

Through doesn't mean North, I guess you call that tripling down.

Quote:
Except he claims he is a Christian and attends Christian churches to pray and go to services, Mort

Sitting through a church service doesn't require Faith. The pretext of Christian faith is very important to the Black community and as a Community Organizer it is just a tool. There is an old saying "just because your cat had her kittens in an oven don't make them biscuits".

Quote:
Your list is partisan,
My list is incomplete but accurate, your list spins a lot of bad and makes it appear good. His goal was to "fundamentally change America"  and in too many ways he succeeded.

Quote:
You appear to hate Obama for no other reason than his politics and perhaps his skin colour.

His white, atheist, communist mother instilled his values, he only met his black father once.  His goal in life has always been to manipulate others, my goal has always been maximum personal freedom. I don't want "cradle to grave" security and I don't want it for my countrymen. I want opportunity for all. including the opportunity to fail. I don't hold myself up to be better than anyone else but I do not recognize any Earthly man to be better than me!
It doesn't bother me to be called a Racist, that is just an old trick to control others. Hold the successful back and keep them in their place.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #46 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 9:51am

Fail to see whats wrong with the Pres being atheist mort

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #47 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 1:29pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 9:51am:

Nothing if he are right.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #48 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 1:44pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 1:29pm:

Nothing if he are right.

He are right? What do you mean.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 1:29pm:

Nothing if he are right.

He are right? What do you mean.

"Of the Right" is what he means, I suspect, right, Mort?  No sin can ever be committed by a Right-Winger, right?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:10pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #50 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 7:49pm

If there is no God nothing is immoral. If there is no such thing as Sin anything an Atheist does must be right because there is no wrong. That is the basis of how Obama treated the Country, he said when annoyed "I won, you lost" and for some he would give the Sign.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #51 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:11pm

Morality is not derived from religion, Mort.

Time you got out of the last millennia and caught up with the rest of the world.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:21pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Quote:
Doesn't work, Mort.  You claimed "bringing guns through the Southern border" - that implies a northwards movement to the USA in an objective reader's mind.

through

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/through

used as a function word to indicate movement into at one side or point and out at another and especially the opposite side

Through doesn't mean North, I guess you call that tripling down.

The implied movement is from the South to the North "through the Southern border", Mort.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Except he claims he is a Christian and attends Christian churches to pray and go to services, Mort

Sitting through a church service doesn't require Faith. The pretext of Christian faith is very important to the Black community and as a Community Organizer it is just a tool. There is an old saying "just because your cat had her kittens in an oven don't make them biscuits".

I am yet to meet someone who regularly attends church services for the fun of it, Mort.   Obama is a Christian.  He is not a Muslim and he is not an Atheist.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Your list is partisan,
My list is incomplete but accurate, your list spins a lot of bad and makes it appear good. His goal was to "fundamentally change America"  and in too many ways he succeeded.

And your list spins a lot of good to make it appear bad, Mort.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
You appear to hate Obama for no other reason than his politics and perhaps his skin colour.

His white, atheist, communist mother instilled his values, he only met his black father once.  His goal in life has always been to manipulate others, my goal has always been maximum personal freedom. I don't want "cradle to grave" security and I don't want it for my countrymen. I want opportunity for all. including the opportunity to fail. I don't hold myself up to be better than anyone else but I do not recognize any Earthly man to be better than me!
It doesn't bother me to be called a Racist, that is just an old trick to control others. Hold the successful back and keep them in their place.

He appears to me to be a smart, capable and thinking black person.   His mother raised him well, kept him out of trouble and made him the man he became.   He has achieved far more than you ever have, Mort.  Time to acknowledge the success of a black man.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #53 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:11pm:

Time you got out of the last millennia and caught up with the rest of the world.   Roll Eyes

Then there is no such thing as morality, if I want to do something and can get away with it that is neither right nor wrong. Why would anyone do anything that is not totally selfish?

When I take my last breath and there is nothing I won't know it. When you take your last breath and something comes next you may have quite the surprise.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #54 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:46pm

Quote:
The implied movement is from the South to the North "through the Southern border"

The next time I lace up a new pair of shoes I will note that the lace goes north through the eyelets. That only applies if I am in the Northern hemisphere, if I were in the southern hemisphere the laces go south.

Quote:
I am yet to meet someone who regularly attends church services for the fun of it, Mort.   Obama is a Christian.  He is not a Muslim and he is not an Atheist.

An average of three times a year for the photo ops.

Quote:
And your list spins a lot of good to make it appear bad,

Downgraded the Military, further destabilized the middle east and ended the Manned space program of the United States. All while doubling the National debt.

Quote:
He appears to me to be a smart, capable and thinking black person.   His mother raised him well, kept him out of trouble and made him the man he became.   He has achieved far more than you ever have, Mort.  Time to acknowledge the success of a black man.

The man is a talented Actor, without his teleprompter he stutters. He does well with other peoples words when they are fed to him. As for his accomplishments the man is a "Post Turtle".

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #55 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 9:31pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 7:49pm:
If there is no God nothing is immoral. If there is no such thing as Sin anything an Atheist does must be right because there is no wrong. That is the basis of how Obama treated the Country, he said when annoyed "I won, you lost" and for some he would give the Sign.

Really I dont murder either, not because its a sin, but because I inherently know its wrong. My own internal morals tell me that not someting from a fiction story.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #56 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:35pm

It seems right and wrong are just a matter of opinion. If your neighbor believes it is right for him to kill you to take something from you those are his morals.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 10:04am

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:35pm:
It seems right and wrong are just a matter of opinion. If your neighbor believes it is right for him to kill you to take something from you those are his morals.

It seems to be most evangelicalChristians with guns that do that. Some morals.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #58 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 3:00pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:27pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:11pm:

Then there is no such thing as morality, if I want to do something and can get away with it that is neither right nor wrong. Why would anyone do anything that is not totally selfish?

When I take my last breath and there is nothing I won't know it. When you take your last breath and something comes next you may have quite the surprise.

My wife has a PhD in Philosophy.  Most philosophers would argue that morality is independent of religious belief or function.  Indeed, Christianity and Islam's long bloody histories would indicate that.    The natives of the new world, Africa and Oceania would dispute it as well.

You're free to believe otherwise but it shows a level of ignorance I find astounding in this day and age.  It really does.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #59 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 3:06pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:46pm:
Quote:
The implied movement is from the South to the North "through the Southern border"

The next time I lace up a new pair of shoes I will note that the lace goes north through the eyelets. That only applies if I am in the Northern hemisphere, if I were in the southern hemisphere the laces go south.
\

Believe what you desire, Mort.  I know different however.  You double-dipped your list.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
I am yet to meet someone who regularly attends church services for the fun of it, Mort.   Obama is a Christian.  He is not a Muslim and he is not an Atheist.

An average of three times a year for the photo ops.

That is three times the number I go, Mort.  It is three times more than 45% of Australians go.  Looks to me like he's a god-fearin' Southern Baptist!    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
And your list spins a lot of good to make it appear bad,

Downgraded the Military, further destabilized the middle east and ended the Manned space program of the United States. All while doubling the National debt.

All undertake due to circumstance.  You appear to forget, the US had just caused the worst recession that the world had seen since the Dutch Tulips Recession of the early 1600s.  A recession it must be noted caused by George Bush junior.   Tsk, tsk.  Along of cause with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.   How is that war against Terrorism going, by the way?   Roll Eyes
Quote:
Quote:
He appears to me to be a smart, capable and thinking black person.   His mother raised him well, kept him out of trouble and made him the man he became.   He has achieved far more than you ever have, Mort.  Time to acknowledge the success of a black man.

The man is a talented Actor, without his teleprompter he stutters. He does well with other peoples words when they are fed to him. As for his accomplishments the man is a "Post Turtle".

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Attacking his ability to speak now.  How low can one get?  I suppose it's 'cause he's a black man, isn't it, Mort?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #60 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 10:18pm

Quote:
My wife has a PhD in Philosophy.  Most philosophers would argue that morality is independent of religious belief or function.  Indeed, Christianity and Islam's long bloody histories would indicate that.    The natives of the new world, Africa and Oceania would dispute it as well.

You're free to believe otherwise but it shows a level of ignorance I find astounding in this day and age.  It really does

When you believe in nothing , you will fall for anything.

Quote:
That is three times the number I go, Mort.  It is three times more than 45% of Australians go.  Looks to me like he's a god-fearin' Southern Baptist!

If you go to the Movie Theater three or more times a year that doesn't make you an Actor.

Quote:
All undertake due to circumstance.  You appear to forget, the US had just caused the worst recession that the world had seen since the Dutch Tulips Recession of the early 1600s.  A recession it must be noted caused by George Bush junior.

There are scores of books and thousands of internet sites with enough over analysis to put any insomniac to sleep. George Bush didn't cause the Housing crisis that created the recession. People did, ordinary everyday people that took the bait.
During that time if you had a Pulse and an Alias you could get a subprime home loan for little or nothing down. So many people moved into homes they couldn't afford the system collapsed. No credit check, everyone had the Right to own their own home they were told.
Banks don't hold Home Loans, they bundle and sell them to Investors. New Home Subdivisions were built by the thousands and soon full of repossessed homes.  Those who could afford these new homes found the value dropped by tens of thousands less than they paid due to supply and demand. Every street had several empty repossessed homes on it driving down the value of the rest.

Quote:
Along of cause with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.   How is that war against Terrorism going, by the way?

The real blame should go to Jimmy Carter. It has been a domino effect ever since he failed to support the Government of the Shah of Iran.

Quote:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Attacking his ability to speak now.  How low can one get?  I suppose it's 'cause he's a black man, isn't it, Mort? 

I hold Creepy Joe Bite-me to the same level of contempt, is it because he is white?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #61 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:00pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 28th, 2017 at 10:18pm:
Quote:

You're free to believe otherwise but it shows a level of ignorance I find astounding in this day and age.  It really does

When you believe in nothing , you will fall for anything.

When you rely on faith for your reasoning, you're not reasoning, Mort.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
That is three times the number I go, Mort.  It is three times more than 45% of Australians go.  Looks to me like he's a god-fearin' Southern Baptist!

If you go to the Movie Theater three or more times a year that doesn't make you an Actor.

No it doesn't.  It makes you a good observer though.  You do understand the difference between watching a movie and acting in a movie, don't you, Mort?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
All undertake due to circumstance.  You appear to forget, the US had just caused the worst recession that the world had seen since the Dutch Tulips Recession of the early 1600s.  A recession it must be noted caused by George Bush junior.

There are scores of books and thousands of internet sites with enough over analysis to put any insomniac to sleep. George Bush didn't cause the Housing crisis that created the recession. People did, ordinary everyday people that took the bait.
During that time if you had a Pulse and an Alias you could get a subprime home loan for little or nothing down. So many people moved into homes they couldn't afford the system collapsed. No credit check, everyone had the Right to own their own home they were told.
Banks don't hold Home Loans, they bundle and sell them to Investors. New Home Subdivisions were built by the thousands and soon full of repossessed homes.  Those who could afford these new homes found the value dropped by tens of thousands less than they paid due to supply and demand. Every street had several empty repossessed homes on it driving down the value of the rest.

You may believe what you like but Bush Junior sat back and watched it happen.  He did nothing to prevent it nor to ameliorate it.  He was focused exclusive on his pointless war on terror(ism).   He invaded Afghanistan and then Iraq, embroiling the US in two pointless wars.  We went along for the ride.   We were silly.  America was lunatic.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Along of cause with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.   How is that war against Terrorism going, by the way?

The real blame should go to Jimmy Carter. It has been a domino effect ever since he failed to support the Government of the Shah of Iran.

You mean the Shah who was an autocratic despot? You mean the Shah that laughed at your nation's ideals of freedom and justice for all?  You mean the Shah who sent his secret police to your country to videotape student protestors and made their families "disappear" or were subjected to torture?  Tsk, tsk, so much for your belief in the "American Way", Mort.   Roll Eyes
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Attacking his ability to speak now.  How low can one get?  I suppose it's 'cause he's a black man, isn't it, Mort? 

I hold Creepy Joe Bite-me to the same level of contempt, is it because he is white?

Sorry, that's a cultural reference I've never heard before, Mort.  I suppose it'd make sense to another backwards Right-Wing Republican fascist American but it means absolutely nothing to me downunder.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #62 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:28pm

Quote:
You may believe what you like but Bush Junior sat back and watched it happen.  He did nothing to prevent it nor to ameliorate it.  He was focused exclusive on his pointless war on terror(ism).   He invaded Afghanistan and then Iraq, embroiling the US in two pointless wars.  We went along for the ride.   We were silly.  America was lunatic.

If you expect me to defend either Bush you will be disappointed as Republicans they make good Kennedy Democrats.
Tell me what Legislation came to Little Georges desk that he could have Vetoed to prevent the housing bubble from busting.
After bombing Tora Bora if that was even a valid target he should have closed every Mosque in the US and kept them closed until Islam is no longer a threat to the West! The Russian experience should have told him invading Afghanistan would be a disaster. Invading Iraq was a two part goal since they had nothing to do with 9/11. Despite denials Nation Building and the removal of Saddam Hussein were his goals. During the Clinton Presidency Saddam sent a hit team after Daddy George over the misunderstanding during that Presidency when Kuwait slant drilled oil wells under Iraq to steal their oil and sell it as their own. I was vocally against the invasion of Iraq before it happened and continue to believe it was a bad idea.

. Quote:
You mean the Shah who was an autocratic despot? You mean the Shah that laughed at your nation's ideals of freedom and justice for all?  You mean the Shah who sent his secret police to your country to videotape student protestors and made their families "disappear" or were subjected to torture?  Tsk, tsk, so much for your belief in the "American Way", Mort.

Yes, that Shah. The one who westernized his country until a Theocracy sent it back to the Middle Ages. Did he do those horrible things you claim? I know there was wide spread purges after he was gone. Our Media has taken the mask of impartiality off and freely admit they are bias. The people I know who worked in Iran during that time had nothing but good things to say about working in that Country. The World was a safer place with his Government in place.

Quote:
Sorry, that's a cultural reference I've never heard before, Mort.  I suppose it'd make sense to another backwards Right-Wing Republican fascist American but it means absolutely nothing to me downunder.

Creepy Joe loves to put his hands all over any female from child to middle aged woman and there are many videos and photographs showing it. Bite me is a New York slang recently used by many in the US military to refer to Biden.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print