Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Not all cultures are the same .... (Read 54195 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Not all cultures are the same ....
Reply #135 - Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:21pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:17pm:
bellamor wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 4:26pm:
That is why the best thing to do about it is to simply respect all the people as we all have different beliefs.

Now now, Bellamor, no one has the right to not be offended.

Except Matty above. Just try to agree with him, okay?

If Aztec/Mayan culture was still going today would you respect their right of  human sacrifices?

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:42pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:21pm:
That is why the best thing to do about it is to simply respect all the people as we all have different beliefs.

If Aztec/Mayan culture was still going today would you respect their right of  human sacrifices?

You mean if they're tinted?

That's a hard one, Gordon. Do you accept Curry women aborting their daughters and throwing themselves onto their husbands' funeral pyres?

You've been to Delhi. Of course you do.

Remember, WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #137 - Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:42pm:

That's a hard one, Gordon. Do you accept Curry women aborting their daughters and throwing themselves onto their husbands' funeral pyres?

Are some cultures better that others?

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Feb 19th, 2019 at 10:39pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:48pm:

Ah, the very question of the thread.

Moi? I'm a dirty little invert. I have much respect for dirty brown Curries, but do you know? My mind freezes with Hinduism. I love Vedantic philosophy, but I glaze over at the sight of a jolly Hindu ritual - clanging symbols, banging drums, monotone chants, the lot. Siva, Vishnu, Krishna, I don't get any of it.

I honour the ways of the Buddha - a good millenium before Hinduism was systematised and nutted out by various kings, priests and knuckleheads. To this day, I have no idea why so many Hindus bow down before various gods, and I don't think many of them do either. As the great thinker Vivekananda once said (and I'm paraphrasing), it hardly matters whether God exists or not, that's just his tradition, how he understands his experience of the world and the universe, the object of his spiritual practice.

The Buddha did away with God entirely, even though he came from that tradition. For the Buddha (and the yogis and Sufi mystics and for many Christians, Muslims and Jews too), the end-point lies in silence. For us, that's God.

Back in the dawn of time, the Vedic thinkers had it all worked out. Language, maths, agriculture, geography and ethics all worked together. It was a golden age. Today?

India is a mess. Tomorrow? We'll never know. Our own culture was a mess during the Dark Ages too, less that a millennium ago.

So no, Gordon, no culture is really more superior than others. We have our gods, but in the end, they hardly matter.

You?

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #139 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 6:05pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 10:39pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:48pm:

Ah, the very question of the thread.

Moi? I'm a dirty little invert. I have much respect for dirty brown Curries, but do you know? My mind freezes with Hinduism. I love Vedantic philosophy, but I glaze over at the sight of a jolly Hindu ritual - clanging symbols, banging drums, monotone chants, the lot. Siva, Vishnu, Krishna, I don't get any of it.

I honour the ways of the Buddha - a good millenium before Hinduism was systematised and nutted out by various kings, priests and knuckleheads. To this day, I have no idea why so many Hindus bow down before various gods, and I don't think many of them do either. As the great thinker Vivekananda once said (and I'm paraphrasing), it hardly matters whether God exists or not, that's just his tradition, how he understands his experience of the world and the universe, the object of his spiritual practice.

The Buddha did away with God entirely, even though he came from that tradition. For the Buddha (and the yogis and Sufi mystics and for many Christians, Muslims and Jews too), the end-point lies in silence. For us, that's God.

Back in the dawn of time, the Vedic thinkers had it all worked out. Language, maths, agriculture, geography and ethics all worked together. It was a golden age. Today?

India is a mess. Tomorrow? We'll never know. Our own culture was a mess during the Dark Ages too, less that a millennium ago.

So no, Gordon, no culture is really more superior than others. We have our gods, but in the end, they hardly matter.

You?

""We'll never know. Our own culture was a mess during the Dark Ages too, less that a millennium ago. ""

A little more than a millennium, but I forgive you

Let there be light

NAMASTE 

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 6:52pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Tally

Reply #141 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 7:29pm

Of course all cultures are not the same, but I bet if we all took the time to understand a bit about each other, we'd see the similarities by far outnumber the differences.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #142 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 8:42pm

Tally wrote on Mar 1st, 2019 at 7:29pm:

Of course all cultures are not the same, but I bet if we all took the time to understand a bit about each other, we'd see the similarities by far outnumber the differences.

Yeah, we all love our children.

And we all hate those who despicably use us, and lie to us, and seek to harm us ?

Yeah, that is all pretty universal, in the human 'universe' of differing cultures.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #143 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 9:04pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 1st, 2019 at 8:42pm:

Yeah, we all love our children.

And we all hate those who despicably use us, and lie to us, and seek to harm us ?

Yeah, that is all pretty universal, in the human 'universe' of differing cultures.

.......and then there is ISLAM,    and what it teaches to its followers.

Moslems are not like us, nor any other peoples.

All moslems are moslems.

FACT
"Muslims are one ummah (community) to the exclusion of all men.

Believers are friends of one another to the exclusion of all outsiders."

Quote:

Here, for example, are two very illuminating passages from the canonical Life of Mohammed by Ibn Ishaq, as translated by A. Guillaume, and a third passage, from the earliest known Muslim historian.

Ishaq: 204 - "'Men, do you know what you are pledging yourselves to in swearing allegiance to this man [Muhammad]?' 'Yes. In swearing allegiance to him we are pledging to wage war against all mankind.'"

Ishaq:231 - "Muslims are one ummah (community) to the exclusion of all men. Believers are friends of one another to the exclusion of all outsiders."

And here is Al-Tabari, a very early Muslim historian, in book 9, chapter or section 69, reporting words that Muslims believe to have been said by Mohammed himself - "Killing infidels is a small matter to us".

These texts are not fossils from a distant past. They are not dead letters. They are still 'live' and carry tremendous weight in the imagination and practice of many Muslims around the world.
...DDA

DUCKDUCKGO.COM

THE DEATH CLAUSE IN THE CONTRACT, OF ALLEGIANCE TO ALLAH's RELIGION...

"Say: "...If ye think that ye are friends to Allah, to the exclusion of (other) men, then express your desire for Death, if ye are truthful!"  "
Koran 62.06

Koran 62.06 is admonishing the believer, that his only true love, in this life [if he is a true moslem], is to die, fighting in Allah's cause.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 9:52pm

Tally wrote on Mar 1st, 2019 at 7:29pm:

yet nobody is migrating to the third world - even though by your reckoning they are much like us.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - May 26th, 2019 at 12:02pm

Islanders and Africans brawl in Ingleburn - one dead.

Four Africans arrested, three released, one charged.
One Islander is dead.

Multicultural harmony.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/crime/man-dies-during-brawl-at-sydney-h...

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #146 - May 26th, 2019 at 12:43pm

Frank wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 12:02pm:

One Islander is dead.

Multicultural harmony.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/crime/man-dies-during-brawl-at-sydney-h...

It is all part of the       cultural enrichment       that the mixing of diverse cultures in Australia,
has brought to Australian society Frank.

"What are you doing looking at my sister!!!"

"Youse all, stop looking at my sister right now, or i'll kills ya!!!"

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #147 - May 26th, 2019 at 7:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 6:56pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I see the full moon has risen again, the Xenophobic wolves are baying at it's bright light again.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Hey Brian,

Have you gone blind ?

Or have you lost your own perception of REALITY ????

Duh!!!!!

It was these people [below], who were involved in violence against others,
who have demonstrated to all of Australia, how Xenophobic THEY WERE.

And they actually reverted to the Xenophobic type, and proved it, beyond doubt!

xenophobia = = intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

--------  >

These people are probably, real RACISTS   brian!

Quote:

One Islander is dead.

Multicultural harmony.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #148 - May 26th, 2019 at 7:22pm

Yadda wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 7:14pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I see the full moon has risen again, the Xenophobic wolves are baying at it's bright light again.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Hey Brian,

Have you gone blind ?

Nope, I can see your Xenophobia from here, Yadda.  Time you got some treatment for it, if you ask me.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - May 26th, 2019 at 8:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Yadda wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 7:14pm:

Hey Brian,

Have you gone blind ?

Nope, I can see your Xenophobia from here, Yadda.  Time you got some treatment for it, if you ask me.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, Bwian, you have gone blind - and the Pope warned you about all that fapping to Mohammed and the houries but your animus against Christians who tried to keep you on the strait path to the narrow gate meant that you just HAD TO wank yourself blind. To teach them a lesson, no doubt...

Sad but instructive. Karnal is next.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print