Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
The Intervention - 10 years on (Read 4873 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Intervention - 10 years on
Reply #90 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:37pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:35pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 11:30am:
Hey Mothra, maybe the aborigines don't want you do-gooders f arking around with their lives?

Maybe they didn't want an intervention based on lies made up in the ministers office either ?
And yet Bobby just showed it wasnt lies at all. Bit slow are you?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:44pm

rhino wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:37pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:35pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 11:30am:
Hey Mothra, maybe the aborigines don't want you do-gooders f arking around with their lives?

Maybe they didn't want an intervention based on lies made up in the ministers office either ?
And yet Bobby just showed it wasnt lies at all. Bit slow are you?

Did you read the OP?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:11am

mothra wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:47pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:34pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:15pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:09pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jun 30th, 2017 at 9:15pm:
Mothra - weren't there children & even babies with gonorrhea,
& other sexually transmitted diseases?

It was sickening beyond belief.

Something had to be done about it.

The truth ignored by Mothra.

Did you read the OP, Bobby?
Who do you blame more for what's happening in aboriginal communities Mothra? White settlement or the actions of aborigines themselves?

What "actions" of Aboriginal people would that be, Hammer? Overcrowding and no running water or electricity?

Is this where you tell me about all of the millions of dollars spent on them?

All without reading the OP or paying any attention to the RC.

You know there are houses that are not only falling down, they house 24 pople and have no running water? Yes? In Australia. 2017?

Would you rather focus on people drinking alcohol? As though that diminishes their right to humane treatment? But yes ... talk about substance abuse over housing. It's what everyine else does Why shouldn't you?

Kids are taken away because of neglect ... not abuse. Neglect because their parents are too damn poor. Their not being placed in kinship groups because of overcrowding and the systemic problem of domestic violence.

How do we get domestic violence, people? What ate the triggers?

Read the OP. Follow the RC. Educate yourself. Stop coming to me with ignorant bullshit.

You're unbelievable ... you go on about the RC but don't address the reasons as to why .... Aboriginal housing is falling down, why they don't have running water, why they don't have electricity & why there are 24 people in a house.

One reason houses are overcrowded is because young people are trying to escape the abuse & violence.

Houses are in poor repair because the people don't look after them.

There would not be one govt built/ supplied house in Aboriginal communities that didn't have water & electricity when it was finished. Shouldn't there be an expectation that they occupier look after a house as best they can?

Instead of harping on about the RC how about you read those articles by Jacinta Price .... & see where the biggest part of the blame lays for their situations ...... with the aboriginal people themselves.

You're to busy pushing the "blame whitey" barrow to be taken seriously.

The intervention was necessary & claims from across many communities & Aboriginal leaders of domestic violence & child sexual abuse are true.

And your source Michael Brull is no Royal Commissioner.

He's left wing (like you)& a marxist anti-zionist who is also Jewish.

A rabid one at that.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #93 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 6:37pm

I'm still waiting for an apology from Mothra.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #94 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 11:30am

Don't hold your breath Bobby, she'll just get you banned.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 3:28pm

The ABC reports an "unexpected consequence" of a crackdown on domestic violence is more Aboriginal men getting jailed. How can that be unexpected when Aboriginal women are at least 31 times more likely to be hospitalised for domestic violence?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:06pm

mothra wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 4:00pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:55pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:48pm:

Who do you blame more for what's happening in aboriginal communities Mothra? White settlement or the actions of aborigines themselves?

What "actions" of Aboriginal people would that be, Hammer? Overcrowding and no running water or electricity?

You know there are houses that are not only falling down, they house 24 pople and have no running water? Yes? In Australia. 2017?

Would you rather focus on people drinking alcohol? As though that diminishes their right to humane treatment? But yes ... talk about substance abuse over housing. It's what everyine else does Why shouldn't you?

Kids are taken away because of neglect ... not abuse. Neglect because their parents are too damn poor. Their not being placed in kinship groups because of overcrowding and the systemic problem of domestic violence.

Read the OP. Follow the RC. Educate yourself. Stop coming to me with ignorant bullshit.

How about building their own lives like we all have to do.

Most of them do. You are aware of all of the tremendously successful Aboriginal people you share a world with, yes?

As for remote communities, do you think they have the same opportunities as you?

Read the OP.

Me? I've got nobody bending over to help me at all love. I grew up in Sydney's poorest area and went to one of it's worst schools. Nobody other than my family and a few close friends have ever helped me. In fact being a white male I feel I'm targeted . Aborigines get more than what I get Mothra. I don't expect the government to prop me up because it aint happening.

Aboriginals do not get more than you get. And you don't have to deal with institutionalised racism.

You work n aged care, yes? Do you think if you and an Aboriginal person both interviewed for your job, the field would be level?

What about renting a house? Do you think you might have an advantage by being a white male?

Have you thought about it, really, Hammer?

Have you read the OP?

In regional & remote communities where the population is 99% Aboriginal ... where is the institutionalized racism?

As for level playing fields & jobs ..... companies & businesses across this country have programs in place & advertise positions that are exclusively for Aboriginal & Islanders, People of non english speaking backgrounds & women.

And with all the inclusiveness they also cater favourably to those in the LGBITQ community.

So don't crap on that Aboriginals & TI's & those who identify as ATSI & other self interest groups don't get special treatment today.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:11pm

mothra wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 4:08pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 4:06pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 4:00pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:55pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:48pm:

How about building their own lives like we all have to do.

Most of them do. You are aware of all of the tremendously successful Aboriginal people you share a world with, yes?

As for remote communities, do you think they have the same opportunities as you?

Read the OP.

Me? I've got nobody bending over to help me at all love. I grew up in Sydney's poorest area and went to one of it's worst schools. Nobody other than my family and a few close friends have ever helped me. In fact being a white male I feel I'm targeted . Aborigines get more than what I get Mothra. I don't expect the government to prop me up because it aint happening.

Aboriginals do not get more than you get. And you don't have to deal with institutionalised racism.

You work n aged care, yes? Do you think if you and an Aboriginal person both interviewed for your job, the field would be level?

What about renting a house? Do you think you might have an advantage by being a white male?

Have you thought about it, really, Hammer?

Have you read the OP?
There's a reason they have trouble renting. It's because aboriginal families trash houses. I can't say I've ever had racial advantage when finding a job. In fact in my life I've been knocked back hundreds of times. It's all in your head Mothra. Nobody wants to risk renting or giving a job to a out of control person. If an aboriginal person is of good character very few people judge them on their skin. It's their behaviour.

You mean many real estate agents are a racist as you.

No.... the tenants reputation precedes them & the Real Estate agents are doing what they are paid for ..... to protect their clients investment ..... from any bad tennants ..... black, white or brindle.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print