Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
truffles every day (Read 2994 times)
AiA
Gold Member

truffles every day
Jun 30th, 2017 at 3:43am

1 kg of truffles is about 2800 calories, 7g of fat, 730g of carbs, 700g of fiber and 90g of protein -- not a bad bulk calorie macro calculation.

That would cost approximately USD5000 a day to consume, or about USD420,000 for a typical 12 week bulk.

The question I have is... GoFundMe or IndieGoGo?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Black Orchid

Re: truffles every day
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:19pm

I rarely buy them because of the cost.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:58am

Who can afford truffles?

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 10:31am

1.Truffles grow in harmony with a host tree, enabling the tree to take in phosphorus while in return the truffle receives sugars enabling it to grow

2. The ancient Greeks thought truffles were made when lightning hit damp soil

3. Truffles are mushrooms which are believed to have started growing underground to beat forest fires, drought and severe cold

4. Italians consider the white truffle (tuber magnatum) to be superior in taste to the black truffle (tuber melonosporum)

5. Pigs, trained dogs and goats are used to sniff out truffles which produce a chemical almost identical to a sex pheromone found in male pig's saliva. Men secrete the same chemical in their underarm sweat

6. The truffle has been described variously as a diamond of cookery, fairy apple, black queen, gem of poor lands, fragrant nugget and the black pearl

7. The Collins family of Wiltshire held the only Royal warrant to hunt for truffles in the UK until 1930 since when anyone has been allowed to seek them out

8. A rare Italian white truffle sold for £28,000 at a charity auction in 2004

9. France is the largest producer of truffles, harvesting up to 30 tonnes a year. At the end of the nineteenth century production was over 1,000 tonnes

10. A fabled aphrodisiac, the black truffle's penetrating aroma led the Epicureans to liken the scent to that of the tousled sheets of a brothel bed. In the Middle Ages, monks were prohibited from eating truffles for fear they would forget their calling

If #10 isn't enough to turn one off then #5 has to be!   

Underarm sweat and skanky sheets in the Middle Ages?   Cheesy

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 10:53am

Has any tried growing any kind of fungi? Eatible or otherwise?

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:01am

I had a 'mushroom farm' once lol

I am the only one here who really likes mushies and I prefer to eat them raw.  I believe North America is a veritable pot of gold for collecting all kinds of edible fungi and truffles?

I was at a music festival many years ago and one of the people we were with was handing out food.  Turned out to be magic mushies, which would have been ok IF he had told us first      Cheesy

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 3:18pm

I don't really enjoy truffles and only ever have it in an expensive resturant. Maybe once every couple of years.

Do you really like the taste. Man it has a strong smell.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:11pm

IF you start picking "mushrooms" that grow randomly here, you could end up D.E.A.D.  Some restaurants (I think) used these and people died.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:29pm

As a boy our neighbours had a chihuahua named truffles. That is all

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 12:27am

Love to garden, grow things but have never bothered with fungi. Did psilocybin mushroom a few times in the last couple of years (not having done so since I was a uni student) and one of those trips was ... remarkable ... very useful ... it showed me things I needed to see. I mention that because you can buy psilocybin mushroom growing kits in the USA ... they may be illegal to ship to certain states but who opens the box and checks? I mean, the volume of US Mail along with carriers like UPS and Fed Ex is astounding. I can only imagine the amount of weed that is delivered in this country. I work with a guy, a sound engineer, who has a friend that mails him cannabis vacuumed packed to Atlanta.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 2:30pm

I have never tried a truffle, what do they taste like?
As for mushrooms, they grow in the cow pats around here and lots of flower power people like to eat them. Cool

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:58pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 10:31am:
1.Truffles grow in harmony with a host tree, enabling the tree to take in phosphorus while in return the truffle receives sugars enabling it to grow

2. The ancient Greeks thought truffles were made when lightning hit damp soil

3. Truffles are mushrooms which are believed to have started growing underground to beat forest fires, drought and severe cold

4. Italians consider the white truffle (tuber magnatum) to be superior in taste to the black truffle (tuber melonosporum)

5. Pigs, trained dogs and goats are used to sniff out truffles which produce a chemical almost identical to a sex pheromone found in male pig's saliva. Men secrete the same chemical in their underarm sweat

6. The truffle has been described variously as a diamond of cookery, fairy apple, black queen, gem of poor lands, fragrant nugget and the black pearl

7. The Collins family of Wiltshire held the only Royal warrant to hunt for truffles in the UK until 1930 since when anyone has been allowed to seek them out

8. A rare Italian white truffle sold for £28,000 at a charity auction in 2004

9. France is the largest producer of truffles, harvesting up to 30 tonnes a year. At the end of the nineteenth century production was over 1,000 tonnes

10. A fabled aphrodisiac, the black truffle's penetrating aroma led the Epicureans to liken the scent to that of the tousled sheets of a brothel bed. In the Middle Ages, monks were prohibited from eating truffles for fear they would forget their calling

If #10 isn't enough to turn one off then #5 has to be!   

Underarm sweat and skanky sheets in the Middle Ages?   Cheesy

thanks

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:29pm

skippy. wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 2:30pm:
I have never tried a truffle, what do they taste like?
As for mushrooms, they grow in the cow pats around here and lots of flower power people like to eat them. Cool

I have never tried it either....if its anything like those other extravagant things   for instance oyster and caviar.....you can keep it....to me its a snob thing...couldnt be bothered   I will stick with good old fish and chips..

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:37am

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:40am

AiA wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 10:53am:

My dad grew fungus under his toenail once ... does that count? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:43am

John Smith wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:40am:
AiA wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 10:53am:

My dad grew fungus under his toenail once ... does that count? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm a funguy   Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Akash

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 6:08pm

Taking magic mushrooms have healthy benefits too. Mushrooms hold the potential to significantly reduce depression and anxiety atttacks. Magic mushroom has a compound called Psilocybin , this psilocybin alter a persons feeling and insights also psilocybin can create a lasting transformation in your life bringing you to open your mind and think of new ideas. Other effects also include the various other regions in the brain to be activated, allowing you to experience expanded consciousness. Psilocybin have shown improvements in other personality even if your a starter.
In small amounts or regular dose many report that it helps them  improved concentration and problem-solving skills. Magic mushroom has many benefits to improved our daily life.
Read more info from here trufflemagic,com/blog/how-magic-mushrooms-change-lives/ .Hope this helps Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print