Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ceo sleep out for homeless. ..homeless kicked out (Read 1975 times)
Francis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Ceo sleep out for homeless. ..homeless kicked out
Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:57pm

Of  Martin place, Sydney  to  make room for ceo's for the one night

Ffs... only in Australia  Grin

No tenemos miedo!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Ceo sleep out for homeless. ..homeless kicked out
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:59pm

Francis wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:57pm:
Of  Martin place, Sydney  to  make room for ceo's for the one night

Ffs... only in Australia  Grin

You cannot be serious.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:59pm

I've mentioned this a  week ago in the Television, Movies Department on this Forum. It's a doco by SBS.

I expressed the irony of how Camping in the Country is called Homelessness in the City  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:22pm

CEO's camping out on the city's streets ~ what the hell does that achieve or prove?

If you want to make a donation to the soup kitchens, then just send money, but then again I can't even begin to understand what the hell charity has to do with it all when the churches are flushed with funds and Centrelink gives 100's of dollars per fortnight to these 'homeless people'
(sic)

The whole 'Homeless People's' industry is bullshit and a rort which wins the churches a fortune each year in grants from the government.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:24pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:22pm:
CEO's camping out on the city's streets ~ what the hell does that achieve or prove?

If you want to make a donation to the soup kitchens, then just send money, but then again I can't even begin to understand what the hell charity has to do with it all when the churches are flushed with funds and Centrelink gives 100's of dollars per fortnight to these 'homeless people'
(sic)

The whole 'Homeless People's' industry is bullshit and a rort which wins the churches a fortune each year in grants from the government.

Perhaps an ignition point/incentive for those donations....via publicity.

There are real homeless people Herbert.  All over Australia.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:30pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:22pm:

(sic)

Of course it is Herbie!

I've looked after the so-called 'Homeless' and those in 'Psyche' Wards.
The vast majority of them are lazy 'bums' and violent about it too.
Only a very small percentage are what I call 'derelict' which means, no amount of help can actually help them - they are damaged beyond repair. These are the ones to be supported.
The vast majority of others a 'parasites' that sponge and live by choice on the streets of Sydney. Some are even 'BackPackers' getting some free Soup.
The 'Homeless' in Sydney are mostly 'Grubs' - one guy on the Daily Telegraph front page even boasted that he made $80,000 a year begging, rather than working.

I've been 'destitute' but that was in Melbourne.
Coming from Mt Druitt, I soon learned that being poor was about being 'humble'. I quickly picked myself up via the Soup Kitchens, the Salvos and the odd beating from the Melbourne cops for any 'laziness' that I exhibited. A far cry from the waste-land of Mt Druitt where you could just 'DILLIGAF' without a care because the Cops were busy keeping an eye on the Rich.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:35pm

I missed out. It's not every day you can camp out for free in the middle of Sydney without getting harassed by drunk people. No wonder the campsite is so crowded.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:45pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
Of course it is Herbie!

Only a very small percentage are what I call 'derelict' which means, no amount of help can actually help them - they are damaged beyond repair. These are the ones to be supported.

I agree.

They were once looked after in our psychiatric hospitals until the State government decided to turf them all out onto the streets.

The vast majority of others are 'parasites' that sponge and live by choice on the streets of Sydney.

Correct.

A life-style choice because they don't want to submit to the self-sacrificing disciplines that are needed to hold down a job.

IP Logged

Francis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:54pm

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/evicted-martin-place-homeless-camp-forced-out-of-sydneys-financial-heart/news-story/0ac2a80eff3ad434ae965238800e1a79

Its terrible. ..so many  ceo"s have spent  unfathomable  amounts of cash to position  themselves  and of course  their products  just right for the camera's  and now those dirty smelling  homeless  are ruining there once a year chance  at free publicly  Angry

I wouldn't  run them over in the Porsche  on the way home.. be too good for the ungrateful  homeless!

No tenemos miedo!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:56pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 8:45pm:
Of course it is Herbie!

I agree.

They were once looked after in our psychiatric hospitals until the State government decided to turf them all out onto the streets.

The vast majority of others are 'parasites' that sponge and live by choice on the streets of Sydney.

Correct.

A life-style choice because they don't want to submit to the self-sacrificing disciplines that are needed to hold down a job.

Totally agree!
Sydney is the worst place in Australia to understand the plight of being 'poor, downtrodden, homeless' etc.
It is filled with the worst of the poor - the ungrateful, the lazy, the expoitive ...the Grub!
Everything given to it, via support networks and efforts and still 'the Grub' expects/exploits more!

In Melbourne, the Poor were grateful, on their best behaviour (because of the Cops) and basically more than happy to 'give it a fair go'.

In Sydney - an alleyway is full of junkies, dealers rubbish, bums, scum and violence.
In Melbourne - an alleyway is full of café-latte tables, flowers, people giving it a go and friendliness.

This CEO as a 'Homeless Person' by SBS is a farce (as usual by Television, like that Ray Martin 'Aborginal' experience)!!!

I've lived from Mt Druitt to Kirribilli.
The Homeless of Sydney have every opportunity to move out to the Rural and Country Towns (like I also did) and come to know that 'Camping' is nothing to be ashamed of and that everyone has an opportunity to make something of themselves (like 90 Afghani's who legally settled and are doing good and are loved by the locals except for one...)

CEO - yeah, I wish I could 'buy' a homeless experience.
SBS (and Television in general) - you have no idea about what goes on in Australia (or the USA) ...go back to Oceania where you belong!  Cheesy  Tongue

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:02pm

Sheeet did anyone see the pics of it....

Anyway,  permanent accommodation has been found for many of the evicted and temp accommodation for the majority of the rest, but don't let that spoil the headline.

IBI

IP Logged

Francis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:05pm

Indeed,  not many of the ceo's are anything  but small business  owners  with a staff  of 1 desperate  too network  and find someone  famous  to get there photo  taken with.

Don't  let that spoil  there social  media feed  Roll Eyes

No tenemos miedo!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:17pm

They'd be better off doing something positive like the local LJ Hooker crew. Once a month they do the bbqing and provide the sausages, chicken kebabs, etc. Some of their staff make cakes and they all put in the time to do it. On that day we just make the salads and extras to go with it.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:27pm

These homeless need to be sorted out into their various categories and dealt with according to their group identity.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:27pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:17pm:
They'd be better off doing something positive like the local LJ Hooker crew. Once a month they do the bbqing and provide the sausages, chicken kebabs, etc. Some of their staff make cakes and they all put in the time to do it. On that day we just make the salads and extras to go with it.

Now that's a really cool thing to do

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print