Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Boutique Wank Prices. (Read 1383 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Boutique Wank Prices.
Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:51pm

I went into a popular Fresh Fish/Meat place today, that seems to do very well.
As I progressed along, my eyes lit up at the sight of Emu, Venison, Alpaca and Buffalo.
Then my mouth dropped at the price of them,
in their little vac-sealed packs with but the slivers of fillets in them.
$40 for Buffalo (this is the Water Buffalo)
Emu was the cheapest at $17, but very thin fillet.
Alpaca was $35 and Venison around the $25 mark.
Kangaroo was the cheapest, but more expensive than what you get at Woolworths, Coles, etc.

Now I can understand Emu being its price, considering its the best quality meat in the world.
But when they try to convince us that Water Buffalo is worth $40.  Roll Eyes
If Alpaca is trying to crack the market as well, this certainly isn't the way to do it.  Roll Eyes

So after 15 years of being inundated with heaps of Cooking Shows, Culinary Contests and Chef's on a Platter...
...everyone is paying the price to live up to such a standard of Boutique Bull**** !!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Boutique Wank Prices.
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:42pm

you dont say $40 for what jasin.. a kilo.. 0r 100 grams...

could be anything as it is we are being charged heaps for lamb cutlets..  and I dont think they are nearly as hard to catch..

no thanks...

as it is I couldnt look at that meat sorry... turns my stomach thinking about it..

what next possum cat dog..cockatoo maybe Galahs.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:14pm

Did you see Bobby slavering at the counter? He can't afford it but he likes to watch.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:42pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:14pm:
Did you see Bobby slavering at the counter? He can't afford it but he likes to watch.

I thought it was him.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:45am

I find buffalo very bland. Emu is delicious, wish I could try emu egg. (love quail and duck eggs and if you have a backyard then keep hens if you possibly can (no regular absences on work etc.))

Alpaca is fine—you need to find non–wanky places to buy it.

Love feral pig meat tho, yum!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 11:00am

Have heard to let meat "rest" after cooking. Does that work?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 2:01pm

AiA wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 11:00am:
Have heard to let meat "rest" after cooking. Does that work?

it does if you want all the juice to be in the meat rather than on the plate........which is a bit of a turn off for me  to see it on the plate...

the meat is much better for resting..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 2:35pm

I have tried a lot of bush food because dad would bring it home to either carve eat or both- emu eggs are extremely rich ( and one exploded when dad tried to cook it in a fire   BOOOOOM it was lethal and very sobering)- I had one taste that was it for me - I have tried wombat ( tasteless and very tough) anteater ( a bit like hogget) he said he ate carpet snake as well ( did I believe him wellll )- in QLD have tried turtle/dugong/ mudcrabs and that is about it-

You would pay a LOT of dosh in a Boutique posh nosh joint for some of that lot!
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:44pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:44pm

that's not a wank price.

I went past a butcher at 'The Brickworks' on the Gold Coast a few years ago and they had one slice of Wagyu for $200, grade xx (I don't recall the grading), next to that was another slice of wagyu, grade xxx for $280 .... these would have been no more than 100 grams each.  You'd have to be retarded to buy your meat there. I saw the prices and nearly fell over. That butcher's still there in business so obviously some fool is buying it.

Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 9:48pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:44pm:
that's not a wank price.

I went past a butcher at 'The Brickworks' on the Gold Coast a few years ago and they had one slice of Wagyu for $200, grade xx (I don't recall the grading), next to that was another slice of wagyu, grade xxx for $280 .... these would have been no more than 100 grams each.  You'd have to be retarded to buy your meat there. I saw the prices and nearly fell over. That butcher's still there in business so obviously some fool is buying it.

Cheesy Cheesy

That's extraordinary pricing. But I guess he gets the Japanese tourists in paying for it?
No way would I pay for any Beef at that price. I don't care if it ate the grass that Julie Andrews sang upon in the Swiss Alps.

I've had Emu sausages via an Aboriginal showcase at the Nat Park, just down the road from a Laotian Festival at a Temple. The Laotion Festival was just all food and much the same as all Asian foods. The Emu sausages were absolutely delicious!!

I regularly cook Kangaroo. The trick is to cook it 'low and slow' (I use one of those glass convection cookers and add some water into the bottom to prevent drying out.
If its large Roo fillets, then I cut them down to 'thinner' sizes for easier cooking. Of course, I don't over-cook them or they are too hard to chew. But all Roo meats are manageable if you keep an eye on them. I've cooked them to the nice marshmellow-melt in your mouth at times.
Lovely rich taste like Venison.

I've yet to find cheaper alternatives to the other meats unless I go to Canberra again or New Zealand or just 'outback'.

Apparently Camel is very popular outback.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:23pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 9:48pm:
That's extraordinary pricing. But I guess he gets the Japanese tourists in paying for it?

nah ... not a tourist destination. It's caters to the upper end of town, or those pretending to be from the upper end of town Wink

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:28pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:23pm:
Jasin wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 9:48pm:

nah ... not a tourist destination. It's caters to the upper end of town, or those pretending to be from the upper end of town Wink

Ha! I see.
Reminds me of the rich Farmers in the NSW Southern Highlands and how everyone else cashes in like fleas to a dog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print