Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Penalty Rate Cut - How Much Have You Lost? (Read 1101 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Penalty Rate Cut - How Much Have You Lost?
Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 10:16pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:13am:
How would you like to be a hotel manager earning $22.53 an hour?

You're in charge of a hotel worth maybe $100 M.
100's of rooms bringing in $300 a night.
Would you feel ripped off?

At $19.50 an hour, I would be quite happy to swap a physically intensive indoor and then outdoor job for an in air conditioning most of the day, physically moderate, professional job like manager of a hotel for $3/hr payrise.

At 40 hours a week (and I'm usually around 20 to 30 hours a week), I earn enough for me to say that I'm on an average wage. The lower end of the wage for middle-income earner. But better than double the dole amount I would be getting with no job.

I would assume that this management job would include holidays and other benefits? Because I doubt that there is ANY manager job out there in the hotel industry that pays that low without some other kind of reimbursement. That said, it is certainly better than the alternative jobs for managers in the other industries.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Penalty Rate Cut - How Much Have You Lost?
Reply #16 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 10:28pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:13am:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:07am:
living in scarcity is crazy.
you are living in the most abundant of times.

fat steve needs to stop looking at the people who are crushing it in life with green eyes and get some perspective.

you have kick ass technology, great movies, i phones, air conditioning, the best of health care, free education, you dont have to go and fight another tribe, you have clean and hot running water, clean sheets , you are more likely to suffer from obesity then malnutrition. you have amazing aircraft that can fly you across the world.

there have never been luckier people then an australian living in australia in 2017. people drown coming to get what you whine and complain about.

if you want to complain about australia circa 2017, you are out of your fukkking mind. what are you thinking. i feel really sorry for you. you are totally messed up in the head.

How would you like to be a hotel manager earning $22.53 an hour?

You're in charge of a hotel worth maybe $100 M.
100's of rooms bringing in $300 a night.
Would you feel ripped off?

The hotel manage didn't invest the millions to build the hotel and they probably didn't create the systems that allows a few people at the desk to run such a big concern. Tell people to be a real estate agent,  not a hotel manager.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print