Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Mayweather $600 million fight (Read 14048 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Mayweather $600 million fight
Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:48pm

http://www.newsweek.com/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-t-mobile-arena-las-ve...

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor:
Could August 26 Las Vegas Superfight Make $600 Million?

It’s a contest between boxing’s pay-per-view king and the highest-grossing UFC star in history.

If ever a fight were a certainty to draw money, it would be Floyd Mayweather’s super-bout against Conor McGregor scheduled for August 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The contest, which will be fought under boxing rules over 12 three-minute rounds, brings together two of combat sports’ brashest talkers and slickest practitioners with the added lure of the “Sport of Kings” against its brash young cousin.

Sports Emails and Alerts- Get the best of Newsweek Sports delivered to your inbox

Forbes has predicted that the bout, which will take place at the T-Mobile Arena, could draw between 5.3 and 5.5 million pay-per-view buys.

That would comfortably shatter the previous record for a boxing pay-per-view bout held by Mayweather against Manny Pacquiao on May 2, 2015.

That fight ended up generating more than $400 million in ppv revenue, in addition to a live gate of $72,198,500.

Mayweather features in the top three highest-grossing cards of all time. His fight against Saul Alvarez generated 2.2 million ppv buys and $150 million in revenue, according to ESPN. Mayweather’s victory over Oscar De La Hoya from May 2007 held the previous all-time record with 2.4 million buys and around $136 million in revenue.

The T-Mobile Arena seats 20,000 for boxing and MMA events. With high demand and low availability, it’s not hard to see prices for individual seats climbing into the thousands of dollars. Combine that with the fact that Mayweather vs Pacquiao cost $99 to watch on ppv in the U.S.—this will likely not be set any lower—and it’s possible that the event could gross more than $600 million at the top end of expectations.

All of which is good news for the two men and their entourages. It remains to be seen whether the action can match the hype, and the money.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Mayweather $600 million fight
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:48pm

How can 2 blokes punching each other be worth $600 million?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:53pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:48pm:

Will you watch?

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:54pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:53pm:

Will you watch?

I'll wait till someone uploads it to Youtube.

IP Logged

philperth2010

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:56pm

Maybe watch it at the pub with some mates....Thanks Bobby???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:54pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:53pm:

Will you watch?

I'll wait till someone uploads it to Youtube.

I wouldn't pay either. Would be more interesting if they did one round boxing, one round MMA.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:04pm

I wouldn't pay a cent and I can afford the patience to watch it some time much later for free.

It's a bit bias towards Mayweather Jr, being 'just boxing' - but Mayweather Jr always gets it all his own way before he even steps in the ring. I reckon McGregor sold himself out - short! Another sucker for ...Da Money!  Tongue

There was a time when Kostya Tszyu was to challenge Mayweather Jr and the Ring Magazine had him at odds on to beat Mayweather Jr, stating that "Kostya would take just two rounds to work out Mayweather's defence and find his weakness." It is noted that Ring Magazine rates Kostya the 'Greatest' of All time in that weight.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:06pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:56pm:
Maybe watch it at the pub with some mates....Thanks Bobby???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

That's a good idea if it's on at the pub
& you could have a counter meal & a beer too.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:07pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:04pm:
I wouldn't pay a cent and I can afford the patience to watch it some time much later for free.

It's a bit bias towards Mayweather Jr, being 'just boxing' - but Mayweather Jr always gets it all his own way before he even steps in the ring. I reckon McGregor sold himself out - short! Another sucker for ...Da Money!  Tongue

There was a time when Kostya Tszyu was to challenge Mayweather Jr and the Ring Magazine had him at odds on to beat Mayweather Jr, stating that "Kostya would take just two rounds to work out Mayweather's defence and find his weakness." It is noted that Ring Magazine rates Kostya the 'Greatest' of All time in that weight.

Mayweather is 12 years older -
I think he could lose.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:32pm

Mayweather could sniff cocaine and do all the hookers he wanted between now and Aug 26 and he still wouldnt lose, this fight is a farce.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 6:23am

rhino wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:32pm:
Mayweather could sniff cocaine and do all the hookers he wanted between now and Aug 26 and he still wouldnt lose, this fight is a farce.

I suggest you make a huge sports bet & clean up -
that's free money.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 8:49am

Advertising revenue.

They deserve a cut of the profits.

But!

The biggest brawl will happen after Conor McGregor gets knocked out within the first few seconds of the opening round. Patrons will scream blue murder that they didn't get their money's worth.

And advertisers will be screaming the same because the fight won't last long enough for them to have a few commercial breaks to advertise their wares.

I've seen all of McGregor's fights, and so far as his boxing ability goes he's a one-trick pony: An extremely accurate puncher with unbelievably hard fists for someone of his weight-class, but that's about it. No defensive skills worth talking about ~ and that's the Achilles Heel that will see him go 'bye-byes' within seconds of Mayweather laying gloves on him.

BUT!

It's my guess that both fighters will be 'coached' long before the opening bell to make it a commercially viable spectacle for the paying audience and the advertisers, and to therefore look tough and menacing for at least a few rounds while peanuts and popcorn are being peddled to the seated audience.

It is America after all, where showmanship was invented and where suckers like Marla are born every minute ...   

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 8:50am

Interesting.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:16pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 8:49am:

Advertising revenue.

But!

The biggest brawl will happen after Conor McGregor gets knocked out within the first few seconds of the opening round. Patrons will scream blue murder that they didn't get their money's worth.

And advertisers will be screaming the same because the fight won't last long enough for them to have a few commercial breaks to advertise their wares.

I've seen all of McGregor's fights, and so far as his boxing ability goes he's a one-trick pony: An extremely accurate puncher with unbelievably hard fists for someone of his weight-class, but that's about it. No defensive skills worth talking about ~ and that's the Achilles Heel that will see him go 'bye-byes' within seconds of Mayweather laying gloves on him.

BUT!

It's my guess that both fighters will be 'coached' long before the opening bell to make it a commercially viable spectacle for the paying audience and the advertisers, and to therefore look tough and menacing for at least a few rounds while peanuts and popcorn are being peddled to the seated audience.

It is America after all, where showmanship was invented and where suckers like Marla are born every minute ...   

Perhaps yes but McGregor should have had to work his way up
in boxing by fighting lower ranked opponents first.

The whole concept is not fair.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:27pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 6:23am:

that's free money.
The odds on Mayweather are 1.18, I wouldnt waste my time

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:30pm

rhino wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:27pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 6:23am:

that's free money.
The odds on Mayweather are 1.18, I wouldnt waste my time

Yes - not great money to be made:

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/boxing/boxing-matches/Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-v-...

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 7:32pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 8:49am:

Advertising revenue.

But!

BUT!

Perhaps yes but McGregor should have had to work his way up
in boxing by fighting lower ranked opponents first.

The whole concept is not fair.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:18pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:07pm:

I think he could lose.

Yes, indeed Mayweather could well lose.
He has not got a knockout punch.

Connor can wade in arms flailing, totally overwhelm and overenergize Mayweather and put him away.

Connors got a knockout punch.
He's got a few.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:30pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:18pm:

I think he could lose.

Connor can wade in arms flailing, totally overwhelm and overenergize Mayweather and put him away.

He's got a few.

Mayweather is supposed to have the best defence and takes very few hits.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #19 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:33pm

Bobby

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/boxers-explain-why-floyd-mayweather-is-so-good-2015-4

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:36pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:30pm:

I think he could lose.

He's got a few.

Yes, this wont be MMA, a very different game. I dont rate Mcgregors chances at all, he has never fought a major league boxer, his wins have been against fighters with average boxing skills at best.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:38pm

Gordon - I'ld think Mayweather has the best defense I have ever seen .

A lot of his benefit is he has taken few big hits.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #22 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:38pm

rhino wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:36pm:

I think he could lose.

He's got a few.

Yes, this wont be MMA, a very different game. I dont rate Mcgregors chances at all, he has never fought a major league boxer, his wins have been against fighters with average boxing skills at best.

If MMA he'd win in 30 seconds.

IBI

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:43pm

One Punch - Conor McGregor BREAKS Floyd face with ONE PUNCH!!!

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:44pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:38pm:

I think he could lose.

He's got a few.

Maybe, I think its far easier for a boxer  to adapt to MMA though than a MMA fighter to boxing. You will get away a lot with dropping your guard in MMA and you will even see MCgregor do that all the time, do that once  with Mayweather and its all over.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:47pm

Conor McGregor Negotiating Floyd Mayweather for the fight

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:02pm

Conor McGregor Backstage Fights Compilation

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:04pm

rhino wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:44pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:38pm:

I think he could lose.

He's got a few.

Maybe, I think its far easier for a boxer  to adapt to MMA though than a MMA fighter to boxing. You will get away a lot with dropping your guard in MMA and you will even see MCgregor do that all the time, do that once  with Mayweather and its all over.

I agree Rhino. MMA/UFC/etc incorporates 'everything' while 'everything' outside of it is 'specialised'.
Brock Lezner showed that not only are 'Professional (Entertainment) Wrestlers' more than capable of taking on other Sport-Fighting Disciplines....
...well, maybe we will see the reverse become more common as MMA/UFC/etc professionals go on to 'specialise' their strong points?

I worked in Psyche Wards (violent ones) - I was only allowed to 'restrain'. Inflict a lot of 'pain', but strictly no injury  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:12pm

Mayweather by KO, a mismatch of epic proportions.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:32pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:12pm:
Mayweather by KO, a mismatch of epic proportions.

Agree.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:37pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 9:33pm:
Bobby

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/boxers-explain-why-floyd-mayweather-is-so-good-2015-4

But Mayweather's last fight was boring.
I think he's all washed up.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 8:55am

Bobby. wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:37pm:
Bobby

the past few of his fights have been boring.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:23pm

how old is floyd ?

he looks lethargic here.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:53pm

Bobby

Not every fight is won by KO and traditionally and for good reason its really only the heavyweights who "slug it out", boxings as much about  not getting punched as it is about punching, this is "the sweet science".

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:54pm

I'ld imagine 10% of fights are at KO, maybe less.
Floyd has the best defense I have seen.
Floyd is the obvious favourite.
The show ain't over till the fat lady sings, though.
There are a few factors against floyd.
He is 40 years old.
He has not knocked out an opponent for over 5 years.
he has not fought for 2 years.

Whereas Conor is 29 years old.
Last time he fought was last year, it was by a TKO.
He wins most of his fights by KO. 75% of them

Ah, yes, Conor has never been in a boxing fight before .........

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 6:59pm

Conor McGregor KO’s Jose Aldo In 13 Seconds at UFC 194

That was a good punch, Conor was backing away.
A defensive punch

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #36 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:01pm

rhino wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:53pm:
Bobby

Not every fight is won by KO and traditionally and for good reason its really only the heavyweights who "slug it out", boxings as much about  not getting punched as it is about punching, this is "the sweet science".

I hope Mayweather gets a beating.  Grin

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:01pm

Quote:
...............“I’m not the same fighter I was 21 years ago,” Mayweather said in his MayMac World Tour press conference. “I’m not the same fighter I was 10 years ago. I’m not even the same fighter I was two years ago. I understand that but I have that fighter’s mentality. But this will - I spoke to Al [Haymon, Mayweather’s manager]. Today we had a meeting and I can’t push my body [anymore]. It’s grueling. Training camp is grueling. I can’t do it anymore. It’s rough. Training camp is rough. I’m just going to the gym, working hard everyday and it’s rough. This has to be my last one.

“After taking a couple years off, I was okay but then we end up somehow making this fight happen and now I really know that this is it. Deep in my heart, this is it. I can’t.”

Mayweather turned 40 years old this year and has been out of competitive boxing since September 2015. In McGregor, he’s facing a hard-hitting athlete in his prime who, while never having boxed professionally before, is still 11 years his junior. At the very least, Mayweather’s physical decline may make for a more even contest as Mayweather admits he’s been taking a much more relaxed approach to his training camp for this fight than he normally does, in order to offset the stress on his body.

“I’m taking a lot of time off. I’m letting my body rejuvenate. Letting my body heal just to make sure that before I go out there to compete, whether it’s in the boxing gym or in that squared circle, I want to make sure that my body is as close to 100 percent as possible so I’ve been letting my body do a lot of resting. I’ve been doing a lot of resting this training camp whereas other training camps I really wasn’t resting as much.”

Could all this add up to one of the most improbable upsets in combat history? Mayweather is still confident, reasserting that he may not be the same fighter but he “still has enough to beat [McGregor],” but he also admits that Father Time is undefeated and there’s the chance McGregor will be the one to deliver his message.

“He does have a chance. Every time two warriors go out there and compete, anything can happen. We just saw a week ago, two weeks ago, a guy who started boxing at 18, a teacher, beat one of the best fighters of all time, Manny Pacquiao. So anything can happen in a combat sport.”.........

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/12/15957666/morning-report-floyd-mayweather-j...

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:03pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:01pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:53pm:
Bobby

I hope Mayweather gets a beating.  Grin
I hope Mcgregor gets a beating, something about his name.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:21am

One interesting point is ............

Conor McGregor is an Irishman.
This gives Conor a decided advantage.

I am part Irish, part Scot.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 2:48pm

Jeff Horn beat Pacquiao
Conor McGregor will beat Mayweather Jr

Horn V McGregor

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 3:10pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
Jeff Horn beat Pacquiao
Conor McGregor will beat Mayweather Jr

Horn V McGregor

Horn V McGregor - now, THERE would be a fight

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 12:54am

I like Conor

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 9:28am

Conor should beat Horn easily.

But it will be a battle of the 'nice guys'.

If Horn trains in Melbourne, under the umbrella of the AFL guys, then there is a good chance that he will beat the Irishman.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Rewriting Prize fighting

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 8:02pm

yep, floyd walks like a 40 year old.

not light on his toes like a dancer

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 8:10pm

Wow, what if Conor walks right through floyds punches and does some heavy body work on him.

Puts some water in the basement.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 8:26pm

Floyd does not stand face to face against conor.
floyd gets his security team in to pressure conor AND gets a lot of boos

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Conor should just throw money at Floyd because that's all he's in Boxing for - money.
Conor should just do it 'for Boxing's sake'.
Its a case of Floyd having his 'price',
rather than Conor being roped like a dope for Money ego.

Conor should show the Boxing public that its more than just money (That Conor is more than Floyd).

If he takes Floyd's 'bait' - Conor is lost, as he will play to every facet of Floyd's effort and look like Green chasing Mundine's game in their first fight.

If Conor can publically come out and show that he would gladly 'beat' Floyd for FREE. Then Floyd hasn't got a thing on Conor and will be absolutely crapping himself.

Some Boxers intimidate other by 'being sexually' better.
Some, like Floyd, do it with money.

True 'Professionalism' is neither.
It's about Boxing (and Boxing is about 'Sport')

Floyd was lucky not to fight Kostya long ago.
One, because Kostya wouldn't play to his 'financial fiddling' and Floyd knew he couldn't suck Kostya into anything in the Ring because of that.
Kostya would have put Floyd away in the early rounds by KO.
Floyd is just another Zab Judah - just a far better paid one.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #49 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 9:27pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
Conor should just throw money at Floyd because that's all he's in Boxing for - money.
Conor should just do it 'for Boxing's sake'.
Its a case of Floyd having his 'price',
rather than Conor being roped like a dope for Money ego.

Conor should show the Boxing public that its more than just money (That Conor is more than Floyd).

If he takes Floyd's 'bait' - Conor is lost, as he will play to every facet of Floyd's effort and look like Green chasing Mundine's game in their first fight.

If Conor can publically come out and show that he would gladly 'beat' Floyd for FREE. Then Floyd hasn't got a thing on Conor and will be absolutely crapping himself.

Some Boxers intimidate other by 'being sexually' better.
Some, like Floyd, do it with money.

True 'Professionalism' is neither.
It's about Boxing (and Boxing is about 'Sport')

Floyd was lucky not to fight Kostya long ago.
One, because Kostya wouldn't play to his 'financial fiddling' and Floyd knew he couldn't suck Kostya into anything in the Ring because of that.
Kostya would have put Floyd away in the early rounds by KO.
Floyd is just another Zab Judah - just a far better paid one.

August 26 Las Vegas - can't happen fast enough.

I want to see Mayweather take a beating.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 9:58pm

Mcgregor is toast.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #51 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 10:07pm

rhino wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Mcgregor is toast.

Would you bet on it?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 10:26pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
Mcgregor is toast.

Would you bet on it?
how much?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:57pm

If Conor loses.
It's because Floyd is the next Don King.

Boxing has been in the 'doldrums' for over 20 years now.
Its glory days are gone.
Hence why Mayweather Jr has ruled the perch during such a time.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:12am

Jasin wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:57pm:
If Conor loses.
It's because Floyd is the next Don King.

Boxing has been in the 'doldrums' for over 20 years now.
Its glory days are gone.
Hence why Mayweather Jr has ruled the perch during such a time.

Quote:
.........Its glory days are gone..........

yes, unfortunately

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #55 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:13am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
Mcgregor is toast.

Would you bet on it?

I would not think Conor is toast.

If conor gets floyd a good shot or two, floyd will be in trouble.

Floyd does not have a knockout punch.
Conor does.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:25am

That's true.
Floyd will drag the fight out for as long as he can and go for points.

He may even run around and not fight, but for the odd flurry like Sugar Ray did against Hagler.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:39am

I think floyds defense will win the match.
he is really boring to watch.

Conor could fight in a style floyd has not seen before.

Conor is the surprise packet

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 9:23am

What if, Conor and Floyd get into some close quarters battling and a Conor lands a beautiful head butt onto Floyds nose. Breaking it.

Conor can well afford a point for a round to take the advantage.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 12:21pm

Kostya would be patient.
He wouldn't go into overdrive to attack Floyd who would retreat into his back-foot, superb defence.
He would also hold back and force Floyd to come out of his shell and attack himself or suffer the boos from the crowd for 'doing nothing'.
Because Floyd is forced to attack and come at Kostya, he has been forced to use his weakness. Kostya, knowing Floyd doesn't have a knock-out punch - specifically, would be comfortable enough to counter-punch Floyd while he is open in attack. Kostya does have a knock-out punch.
Kostya would put the pressure on Floyd to step out of his comfort zone of having opponents relentlessly attack him and chase him around the ring. Ernie Shackles did this effectively against Muhammed Ali, who did get booed by the crowd and was very much affected by it. Shackles could have beaten Ali except for his lack to go beyond 8 rounds and the inaccuracy of his 'heaviest' of punches (far harder than Foremans). Ali admitted that he would never want to fight Shackles again and it was Ali's worst performance because of his inability to suck Shackles 'in'.

If Conor goes hard against Floyd, he will get nowhere and eventually burn out throwing pointless punches onto the arms of Floyd and misses to Floyds manouvering.

Draw Floyd out from his castle and onto the field and the match is yours. Be patient and let the crowd boo Floyd to tack some action, because he is very 'Ego' based.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #60 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:10pm

Mayweather is odds on favourite:

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/boxing/boxing-matches/Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-v-...

Head to Head

Dead heat rules apply if draw.

Floyd Mayweather Jr    1.20

Conor McGregor          4.75

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #61 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 10:24am

Yes - I see Mayweather Jr winning.
It's all been paid for and he wouldn't fight, if he wasn't going to win.

So his arch-rival Pacquaio was defeated into retirement, but Mayweather Jr will make sure he isn't.
The fact that he got away with having 30 of his henchmen go the stage and intimidate, abuse, etc - the Conor bench just goes to show what he is going to get away with.

Shame really, its because of guys like Mayweather Jr, that Boxing has suffered as a 'whole'.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 3:55pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
Kostya would be patient.
He wouldn't go into overdrive to attack Floyd who would retreat into his back-foot, superb defence.
He would also hold back and force Floyd to come out of his shell and attack himself or suffer the boos from the crowd for 'doing nothing'.
Because Floyd is forced to attack and come at Kostya, he has been forced to use his weakness. Kostya, knowing Floyd doesn't have a knock-out punch - specifically, would be comfortable enough to counter-punch Floyd while he is open in attack. Kostya does have a knock-out punch.
Kostya would put the pressure on Floyd to step out of his comfort zone of having opponents relentlessly attack him and chase him around the ring. Ernie Shackles did this effectively against Muhammed Ali, who did get booed by the crowd and was very much affected by it. Shackles could have beaten Ali except for his lack to go beyond 8 rounds and the inaccuracy of his 'heaviest' of punches (far harder than Foremans). Ali admitted that he would never want to fight Shackles again and it was Ali's worst performance because of his inability to suck Shackles 'in'.

If Conor goes hard against Floyd, he will get nowhere and eventually burn out throwing pointless punches onto the arms of Floyd and misses to Floyds manouvering.

Draw Floyd out from his castle and onto the field and the match is yours. Be patient and let the crowd boo Floyd to tack some action, because he is very 'Ego' based

Very thoughtful

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #63 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:48pm

It will be good to see how a real boxer deals with a street brawler.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #64 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:04pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:48pm:

Yeah, its always a good contest.
Though the 'back-foot counter puncher' has statistically got the better of the 'front-foot fighters', especially in the latter rounds.
Some back foot boxers take it too far though.
Mundine is so back-footed he runs away from everything.
Sugar Ray Leonard's 'runaway' style from Hagler was a disgrace.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #65 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:04pm:

Though the 'back-foot counter puncher' has statistically got the better of the 'front-foot fighters', especially in the latter rounds.

I think Conor McGregor will have to charge Mayweather with his forearms up
to protect himself & just sort of bowl Mayweather over.
He can't fight fairly & expect to win.
It just depends if he can do it without being disqualified.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm:

So true.
If he is going to attack Mayweather Jr.
He needs to give it everything he has got in the first few rounds and do a Mike Tyson and just bomb through Mayweather's defence.
Let's hope he can do it like that, because if it's a 'Points' fight and 'remotely close', then the Judges wouldn't dare go against Mayweather Jr.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #67 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:28pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:26pm:

So true.
If he is going to attack Mayweather Jr.
He needs to give it everything he has got in the first few rounds and do a Mike Tyson and just bomb through Mayweather's defence.
Let's hope he can do it like that, because if it's a 'Points' fight and 'remotely close', then the Judges wouldn't dare go against Mayweather Jr.

It's going to be such an interesting fight.
I'll go & see it if it's on at the pub.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #68 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 10:16pm

That does not sound 'unfair'.
It's a fight, not a karate karta.

Conor can close in, bustle Floyd, rough him up.
Get on his toes, rush him.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 10:16pm:

That does not sound 'unfair'.
It's a fight, not a karate karta.

Conor can close in, bustle Floyd, rough him up.
Get on his toes, rush him.

Yeah - I'd agree with that.
It's his best choice for what he is capable of.
I don't think he could draw Mayweather out to attack.
So definitely 'hard and fast' and right on him. Make Mayweather crap himself for fear of going out in the first round.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #70 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 3:41pm

It is becoming a more interesting fight.

I really want to see Conor put a big shot on Floyds jaw/nose.

Could Conor get in a Liver shot ?
Let Floyd throw his nonknockout fast clean punches.
Walk through them and HEAVE in a liver shot that snaps a few of the floating ribs on its way through.

IP Logged

philperth2010

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #71 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 6:06pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 3:41pm:

Walk through them and HEAVE in a liver shot that snaps a few of the floating ribs on its way through.

Not a fan of Floyd I gather Mr Sprint???

Wink Wink Wink

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #72 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 7:43pm

Hey its lucky Phil.
Long time no see.

Hope Conor wins.
Boxing needs a breath of fresh air.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #73 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 8:04pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 6:06pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 3:41pm:

Not a fan of Floyd I gather Mr Sprint???

Wink Wink Wink

Oh no.

I greatly admire his defensive skills. Just find him a bit 'bland' to watch.

IP Logged

LearJet

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:28pm

The "Smart Money" is on Mayweather, but for those not feint of heart (no pun intended) looking for a big payday best get his money on  McGregor smart quick!

Quote:
Placing a bet on the upcoming boxing match between UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather?

Prepare for two very different potential payouts.

As officials announced on Wednesday – after months of speculation and negotiations – McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) and Mayweather (49-0 boxing) are finally scheduled to fight in a pay-per-view headliner. The 12-round, 154-pound boxing bout takes place Aug. 26 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Betting lines for the fight have been out for months – even when the fight seemed more like fantasy matchmaking than actually possible. However, the current odds consensus favors Mayweather (-800) over underdog McGregor (+500). The means a bettor would need to wager $800 on Mayweather to net $100 in profit from a winning bet. Meanwhile, a bet on McGregor would come with a 5-1 payoff.

So:

A winning $100 bet on Mayweather (-800) would result in a profit of $12.50
    A winning $100 bet on McGregor (+500) would result in a profit of $500

As lopsided as the odds are now (and they may vary from sports book to sports book) – that’s a $487.50 difference in potential payouts, after all – they were even wider when the lines first opened back in November. Mayweather initially was a -2250 favorite (with a $4.44 payoff on a $100 bet) over +950 favorite McGregor ($950).

Early betting has favored McGregor, who’s garnered more than 90 percent of wagers, according to SportsInsights.com, “which isn’t all that surprising considering the reluctance of recreational bettors to lay moneyline odds in this range.”

What does "it" mean in the sentence,  "What time is it?"?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #75 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:21pm

Mayweather Jr to make 50-0
and be named the greatest 'pound for pound' boxer of all time ...and the richest.

Mayweather Jr to ring Pacquaio after the fight and say "Suck eggs old man".

Mayweather Jr to take over from Don King.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 3:14am

Jasin wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
Mayweather Jr to make 50-0
and be named the greatest 'pound for pound' boxer of all time ...and the richest.

Mayweather Jr to ring Pacquaio after the fight and say "Suck eggs old man".

Mayweather Jr to take over from Don King.

that is the most likeliest outcome

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #77 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 9:10pm

And this is why Boxing has suffered in the last decade or two.
It's being ruled by Dictators like Mayweather Jr and not professionals.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 7:31pm

I don't like the look of Conors defense.

Well, it's notable for it's absence.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/more-sports/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-...

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #79 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 7:34pm

August 26 Las Vegas - 10 days to go.

Mayweather is odds on favourite but the odds are narrowing:

Head to Head

Floyd Mayweather Jr    1.25

Conor McGregor          4.25

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 3:59pm

they have lighter gloves now.
It will make no difference

Conor will blast his way through floyds old style defense, crippling floyds arms and shoulders in round one with penetrating repeated sledgehammer like blows.

Floyd won't last 3 rounds

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #81 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:00pm

Because the world is bored with money to burn!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #82 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:01pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
I don't like the look of Conors defense.

Well, it's notable for it's absence.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/more-sports/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-...

He can't move!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #83 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:03pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 7:34pm:
August 26 Las Vegas - 10 days to go.

Mayweather is odds on favourite but the odds are narrowing:

Head to Head

Floyd Mayweather Jr    1.25

Conor McGregor          4.25

The Floyd win is overpaid: people will make a packet from this fight!... it's on next week!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #84 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:04pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 3:59pm:

Conor will blast his way through floyds old style defense, crippling floyds arms and shoulders in round one with penetrating repeated sledgehammer like blows.

Fighting is all defense: you attack from a defended position!

That's why they never put their full weight into a punch!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:08pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:04pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 3:59pm:

Fighting is all defense: you attack from a defended position!

That's why they never put their full weight into a punch!

' ..........  That's why they never put their full weight into a punch ....... '

that is old school.

Conor will hit floyds liver and squish it flat.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #86 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:16pm

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 7:14pm

I hope to see Macgregor give that wife beating bitch his just deserts.

On the count of tree "bugger da maywetters" Grin

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #88 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:29pm

I'l be there in Las Vegas payed thicket $1000.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 7:39pm

capitosinora wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:29pm:

Half your luck. Should be a good show.
Have fun.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 8:22pm

capitosinora wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:29pm:
Me too. Only I bought a ticket.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #91 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 8:27pm

Only 4 days to go.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #92 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:23pm

What day/time is it ?

In Brisbane time.

I think by the end of round 3 we can predict the winner

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #93 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:27pm

' ........ The broadcast of the preliminary card begins on Fox channel 501 from 9am and the main card begins on pay-per-view at 11am. So you can expect Mayweather and McGregor to start making their way to the ring anytime between 2pm and 3pm. Best to arrive at the pub by lunchtime if you want a seat...... '

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-your-ques...

I assume that is saturday, 26th

nah, sunday

Quote:
.........The fight is available to watch in Australia via Foxtel’s pay-per-view channel, Main Event. Customers can order the fight for a $A59.95, with coverage starting at 11am AEST on Sunday, August 27. ORDER HERE..........

https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/mcgregor-vs-mayweather/floyd-mayweather-vs-c...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #94 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:31pm

Quote:
.........Floyd Mayweather Jr (USA, 49-0) v Conor McGregor (IRE, debut) — light middleweight......

huh, if Floyd loses ...........

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #95 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:32pm

Floyd Mayweather

Born: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Nickname: Money

Height: 173cm

Reach: 183cm

Stance: Orthodox

Boxing record: 49-0, 26 knockouts

Conor McGregor

Origin: Dublin, Ireland

Nickname(s): The Notorious, Mystic Mac

Height: 175cm

Reach: 188cm

Stance: Southpaw

MMA Record: 21-3, 18 knockouts

5 cm reach advantage, Southpaw, younger.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #96 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:35pm

“He’s got greedy. He could have been 49-0, rode off into the sunset.
Trust me, he got greedy here. That was a big mistake.
You misadvised him. You should have kept him retired. It’s your fault.” —

McGregor, to Floyd Mayweather Sr.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #97 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 2:48pm

'CUT Conor the MAN MacGregor humiliates feminine floyd  gayweather in round 1 .

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #98 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 7:28pm

ABC 2 news just now -

ring side seats cost over $100,000.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #99 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 7:53pm

Farkkk Dat! Wassup wit dat?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #100 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 8:05pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 24th, 2017 at 7:53pm:
Farkkk Dat! Wassup wit dat?

Do you have a lazy $100k for a few minutes of sport?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #101 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 7:23pm

Quote:
........There is no footage of Conor boxing, so it's easy for them to make that judgement. But I've seen him box for a very long time. He started with boxing and has done it since he was nine years old. He has had multiple amateur boxing fights. He trains with professional boxers all the time.

For me, I have a lot more to go on to make my prediction. That's why I'm confident he's going to win.

In boxing they say McGregor is awkward. To be called technical it takes years of approval. But once it is 'effective', it's good for us. If he wanted to he could just walk through every single shot that Mayweather throws. Mayweather doesn't have the power to hurt Conor. With eight ounce gloves, that's a bigger issue for Floyd. It's a better thing for us.

I see Conor stopping him in round three or four..........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2017/08/25/conor-mcgregor-can-do-impossible-be...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 8:34pm

Something does not read right here.

Quote:
FLOYD Mayweather is living up to his promise to fans to spend every night in the lead-up to his megafight against Conor McGregor at his strip club.

On Wednesday night, less than 72 hours from the biggest fight in history, Mayweather was inside Girl Collection at 2580 South Highland Drive, Las Vegas, almost until sunrise.

“I was here Sunday, Monday we wasn’t open, I was here Tuesday and it’s Wednesday morning — technically Thursday — and I’m here,” Mayweather told MMAFighting.com.

When it was suggested some might think it prudent to be home resting, Mayweather seemed surprised.

“This is my club, what do you mean why am I doing this? This is my club, this is my establishment, this is my business,” he said.

“The last time I checked, those someones aren’t undefeated. It’s obvious I know what it takes when it’s a fight of this magnitude.”

Living up to his “Money” Mayweather persona, the 49-0 all-time great said this was nothing out of the ordinary because his “normal schedule” was to sleep from 5am to about 1.30pm every day.

Remember for the Pacquiao fight I was out on Friday at the pop-up shop signing autographs and taking pictures with the fans at 2am or 3am,” he said.

“The fight is going to be what the fight is going to be, regardless. If I’m at the club or I’m not at the club — I’m a fighter. At the end of the day I can fight. When it’s all said and done, I can fight.”

Asked what he thought his opponent would be doing at 4am, Mayweather continued the mind games that have been a feature of the build-up to Sunday’s encounter.

“I’m pretty sure Conor McGregor is trying to make weight,” Mayweather said. “I’m on weight. I’m ready.

“He better be trying to get his weight down … I know he’s over right now. Me? I weigh like 153, 152 (pounds). I don’t have to worry about (weight cutting). (I can) eat a Big Mac, eat a Whopper, probably even pizza.”

Mayweather didn’t stop there, slinging a huge accusation at the Irishman ahead of the 155-pound bout. Mayweather said he’d heard from “a strong source” McGregor was using an IV bag to deal with dehydration.

“From what I’m told — I do my homework — I been hearing a lot about him getting IV bags,” he said. “I don’t know if it’s true, I’m just saying ‘rumours’ say he’s got like seven IV bags, and you know with the Nevada Commission that’s illegal, from what I was told. I don’t know if it’s true, but ‘allegedly’ he got seven IV bags.”

The accusation was strongly denied by UFC president Dana White, TMZ Sports reported.

Girl Collection had its official opening on Memorial Day weekend in May, realising Mayweather’s long-time ambition to open a strip club.

“Ass, titties, p****, liquor and music will never go out of style,” he said. “A regular club you have to keep renovating over and over, whereas with a strip club, you can leave it the same forever. We already know women will never go out of style, especially pretty women.

“This has always been a dream of mine … and I made it happen.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/mayweather-at-strip-club-past-4am-three-days...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #103 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 8:57pm

yes, I remember the manny floyd fight.

they are both the same age, it was over 2 years ago.  floyd had a 5 inch reach advantage. many people said manny won it. It was a dull fight.

that won't be what happens on sunday .

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #104 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:48am

The fight begins in just a little more than 6 hours. I care nothing about boxing but whether Mayweather literally kills McGregor or McGregor upsets the boxing world with a win it will be sheer entertainment.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #105 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 7:44am

I think it'll either be a boring fight, or an exhilarating one.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #106 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 9:56am

My prediction Mayweather will knock McGregor back into the gutter where he crawled out from with in 5 rounds.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #107 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:38am

it's only hours away

here is a prelim

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #108 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:55am

Cant wait.............

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #109 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 12:05pm

Fight starts in under 1 hour - Melbourne time.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #110 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 12:33pm

Quote:
Mayweather’s list of advantages are long, but Conor could have 20 pounds on him in the ring.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2017/08/26/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-live-...

any good sites for a live commentary ?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #111 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:05pm

Quote:
.......Floyd Mayweather has arrived at the fight venue. ‘Money’ looked totally relaxed as he made his way to the dressing room, dancing around as he listened to music on his headphones.

The legend then sparked a stir on social media when he was shown receiving an intimate head massage in the dressing rooms..........

What ???

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #112 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #113 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:30pm

Where can you see it free?

My guess?

The fight will be over in just a few seconds.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #114 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:33pm

At a local pub or afl/league club.

But I don't like the crowds or trying to find a park, squeeze in somewhere for a bad view of a tv with everyone talking

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #115 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:43pm

conors pinstripe suit 

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #116 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:52pm

Quote:
..........Slight delay

Originally, this fight was set to get going at 04:00 BST, but we are running later than expected, as the organisers wish to maximise the pay per view revenue.

We are not totally sure when the fight will be going on, but there are no more undercard fights so it won't be too long.

Copy this link
Read more about these links.Read more about sharing BBC content externally

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/boxing/40874881

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #117 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:56pm

conors suit - close up

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #118 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:57pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:30pm:

My guess?

Mayweather will win for sure.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #119 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:00pm

My guess?

try here

https://www.vipbox.bz/boxing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #120 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:05pm

Now this has to be a good sign. Here comes the national anthems, we can't be too long to wait. Conor McGregor stands in his dressing room, the jokes are over, the stare, an intense, about-to-do-some-damage stare is clearly visible.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #121 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:06pm

Ajax wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:00pm:

My guess?

try here

https://www.vipbox.bz/boxing

Didn't work.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #122 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:07pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
Now this has to be a good sign. Here comes the national anthems, we can't be too long to wait. Conor McGregor stands in his dressing room, the jokes are over, the stare, an intense, about-to-do-some-damage stare is clearly visible.

Wow - you can see the fight!

Keep us updated please.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #123 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:07pm:

Keep us updated please.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-27/floyd-mayweather-v-conor-mcgregor-live-blo...

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #124 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:13pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:07pm:

Keep us updated please.

sorry , am following some commentaries

https://www.si.com/boxing/2017/08/26/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-live-...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #125 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:15pm

Referee Robert Byrd says "this will be a world class, clean fight under boxing rules". "Obey my commands at all time. Mr McGregor, Mr Mayweather, let's do this."

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #126 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:17pm

McGregor, as many expected, looks to attack straight away. Mayweather is forced straight back on to the ropes, guard high, trying to avoid any early, costly mistakes.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #127 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:18pm

McGregor has landed more shots in round one. The TV callers give it to the UFC star

https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/mcgregor-vs-mayweather/mayweather-vs-mcgrego...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #128 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:19pm

An explosive start from McGregor as he bursts out of the blocks and attempts to rattle Mayweather with a flurry of early punches.

Mayweather's seen it all before though and it doesn't affect him.

That round probably goes to McGregor though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/mayweather-mcgregor/floyd-mayw...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #129 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:20pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #130 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:21pm

Thanks for the updates Sprint.

I can't get any coverage anywhere.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #131 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:21pm

Very much a watching brief in the opening three minutes. Mayweather does little to attack, looking to see what his opponent is made of. Very nervous from the American, while McGregor did land a tasty-looking uppercut and has maybe taken round one. Anyone expect that?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #132 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:23pm

Round 2: Mayweather v McGregor

Mayweather dives in, thinking he needs to do something, but catches one from McGregor for his efforts. At the end of the round, Mayweather has to defend. McGregor goes back to his corner with a big smile on his face.

Copy this link
Posted at 14:20

A quick shuffle of the feet from McGregor is certainly not what was predicted. The younger man has made a good start, and has so far avoided taking any heavy punches from the American.

Copy this link

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #133 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:24pm

Mayweather dives in, thinking he needs to do something, but catches one from McGregor for his efforts. At the end of the round, Mayweather has to defend. McGregor goes back to his corner with a big smile on his face.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #134 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:24pm

That's the most uncomfortable two rounds I've ever seen Mayweather box in. It's just the size difference he's struggling with.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #135 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:25pm

this is good.

Quote:
Round 1 verdicts:
Luke Brown - McGregor
Jack de Menezes - McGregor
Liam Corless - McGregor

It's a unanimous 10-9 from our writers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/mayweather-mcgregor/floyd-mayw...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #136 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:27pm

Again McGregor bangs Mayweather on the head wityh an illegal punch. He'll want to be careful with that.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/mcgregor-vs-mayweather/mayweather-vs-mcgrego...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #137 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:29pm

Round four underway and Floyd taunts McGregor by grabbing his crotch.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #138 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:29pm

14:28

Round 4: Mayweather v McGregor

Mayweather produces some of his best work early in round four, a straight right to the body and another to the chin both find its target.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #139 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:30pm

Round 4 verdicts:
Luke Brown - Mayweather
Jack de Menezes - Mayweather
Liam Corless - Mayweather

38-38, we've got it all tied up at two rounds apiece!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #140 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:32pm

Plenty are giving McGregor the first three rounds here.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #141 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:32pm

14:30

Round 4: Mayweather v McGregor

McGregor opts to utilise his own body punches, twice burying lefts deep into the American's chest, but wait, Mayweather lands again, with a left cross, at the end of that round. His best work of the fight so far? Is McGregor in danger of punching himself out early?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #142 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:33pm

Steve Bunce

BBC Radio 5 live boxing pundit in Las Vegas

How about this? Floyd Mayweather is struggling. Both men look like they're breathing heavy. We've never seen Floyd Mayweather like this. He's looking for a single shot.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:34pm

what a good fight bobby

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #144 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:34pm:
what a good fight bobby

It would be better if I could see it.   LOL

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm

Wow! Mayweather shoves McGregor back towards his corner at the end of round 5

Replies0

@toneharper

2 minutes ago
Mayweather moving in strongly now, McGregor holding on with seconds left in the round

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #146 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm

14:34

Michael Page

MMA star for BBC Radio 5 live in Las Vegas

We just saw Mayweather get into McGregor's head. Floyd is pushing him and McGregor looks extremely tired.

Copy this link
Posted at 14:33

Round 5: Mayweather v McGregor

The busier work is still coming from McGregor, but none of the punches are taking effect and none of them are causing damage. A big left from Floyd Mayweather does find its mark though.

Things get feisty at the end of round five, with Mayweather shoving McGregor out of his way. Warming up nicely.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:35pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:34pm:
what a good fight bobby

It would be better if I could see it.   LOL

hahahhha

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #148 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:37pm

Fatigue setting in and McGregor forgetting boxing rules. Floyd has quickened the pace.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #149 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:37pm

14:35

Round 6: Mayweather v McGregor

Into round six, how many thought it would go this far? Mayweather is starting to land, heavy, heavy punches.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #150 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:38pm

Into round six, how many thought it would go this far? Mayweather is starting to land, heavy, heavy punches.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #151 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:39pm

eeeeeewwwwwww

looks like I might be resuming the digging of a drain in the garden soon.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #152 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:41pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #153 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:43pm

14:41

Round 7: Mayweather v McGregor

A powerful right rocks McGregor's head back, the experience of Mayweather is proving critical. The Irishman is starting to look on borrowed time here.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #154 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:44pm

it's sounding bad bobby

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #155 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:44pm

14:42

McGregor has a cut on the mouth, and needs to do something to get himself back into the contest. Mayweather is looking too good, and McGregor's punches are not looking powerful enough to cause any damage.

But he is still in there, so deserves a huge amount of credit for that. Seven rounds gone.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #156 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:45pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
it's sounding bad bobby

Looks like the smart money was on Mayweather.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #157 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:47pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
14:42

McGregor has a cut on the mouth, and needs to do something to get himself back into the contest. Mayweather is looking too good, and McGregor's punches are not looking powerful enough to cause any damage.

But he is still in there, so deserves a huge amount of credit for that. Seven rounds gone.

I agree.

McGregor has done incredibly well to last all of 7 rounds so far against a once-in-a-century boxing freak like Mayweather.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:47pm

macgregor been warned 3 times for the same illegal punches. Hes lost the fight either way now. All over for him.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #159 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:48pm

14:45

Round 8: Mayweather v McGregor

McGregor looks like a man whose energy has been sapped out of him, and his punches do not cause even a flinch of pain from Mayweather, who is toying with his opponent at the moment.

One punch can change everything though.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #160 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:48pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
it's sounding bad bobby

yep

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #161 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:49pm

McGregor in trouble here

Replies0

@toneharper

2 minutes ago
Mayweather moves in for the kill as the crowd volume lifts

Replies0

@toneharper

2 minutes ago
Mayweather feignting now, trying to put off his tired opponent

Replies0

@toneharper

2 minutes ago
Strong right puts Conor on his heels. No smile this time

Replies0

@toneharper

Daniel Attias
@Dan_Attias

Close round in the eighth. Floyd has forgotten a lot of boxing fundamentals in this fight that's for sure.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #162 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:49pm

14:47

Round 9: Mayweather v McGregor

McGregor throws out a jab as the pair were separated by the referee Robert Byrd. It comes after one shot which Mayweather thought was low.

Mayweather does not seem concerned with his opponent's power though.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #163 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:50pm

game over dude

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #164 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:50pm

14:48

Mayweather lands with a straight right, McGregor has to hold on, desperately.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #165 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:52pm

14:50

A wild, hopeful swing from McGregor, but it misses by miles. McGregor is one tough customer as Mayweather lands a lot in round nine but cannot finish it and McGregor is gasping for air at the end of the ninth.

Three rounds for him to turn this around and cause the shock of all shocks.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #166 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:52pm

all over

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #167 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:52pm

And done

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #168 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm

IT'S OVER. The fight is stopped with mayweather the victor

Replies0

@toneharper

a minute ago
Mayweather raging in. Fight over!

Replies0

@toneharper

a minute ago
Now a rightand Conor stumbles

Replies0

@toneharper

Daniel Attias
@Dan_Attias

McGregor looks absolutely spent. Big ninth for Floyd.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #169 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm

14:51

Calm down, you just need to tie em up this round," says McGregor's coach John Kavanagh.

BBC 5 live's Steve Bunce adds: "He's got nothing left but heart and guts."

How long can he hang on?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #170 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:54pm

am glad i did not waste in afternoon in a pub to see floyd win

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #171 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:54pm

MAYWEATHER WINS

Round 10:

Do I believe it? - it's only a comment

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #172 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:55pm

BreakingMAYWEATHER WINS

Round 10:

Floyd Mayweather wins it. He has a 50-0 record. It was a brave, brave effort from Conor McGregor, but in the end Mayweather was just to good.

The end comes early in the 10th round. Mayweather attacks again and referee Robert Byrd dives in to save McGregor from any more punishment.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:55pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
it's sounding bad bobby

Thanks bobby

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #174 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:56pm

drat

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #175 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:58pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:56pm:
drat

But why did the ref stop it?

Let Conor get knocked out.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #176 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:00pm

And now, of course, for the return fight when they will meet again in the Octagon under Mixed Martial Arts rules.

That's when McGregor can legally kick Mayweather's knee caps into the middle of next week ....

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #177 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:02pm

direct to the knee kicks are illegal in ufc herb.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:03pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:58pm:
drat

To avoid macgregor losing any more brain cells, what few he has are valuable.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #179 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:05pm

rhino wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:03pm:
drat

Yes but a TKO is not as good as a KO.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #180 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:19pm

rhino wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:02pm:

Ooooooh no they're not, under California rules (or whichever). It's one of McGregor's favourite moves - that's why I mentioned it.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #181 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:19pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #182 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:43pm

It's in Spanish & a bit blurry but it's here:

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:15pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:19pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:02pm:

Ooooooh no they're not, under California rules (or whichever). It's one of McGregor's favourite moves - that's why I mentioned it.

true. it does vary state to  state.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:19pm

i wouldnt have paid $10 to watch that fight, macgregor was pathetic.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:03pm:
drat

Yes but a TKO is not as good as a KO.
A win is a win.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #186 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:26pm

rhino wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:19pm:

I agree.

McGregor wouldn't last 3 rounds with the current boxing champ in his weight division, he just looked out of sorts in that ring.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #187 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:32pm

Ajax wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:26pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:19pm:

I agree.

McGregor wouldn't last 3 rounds with the current boxing champ in his weight division, he just looked out of sorts in that ring.

What happened to the good old days when Ali fought Foreman -
the rumble in the jungle?

That was real history - it will be looked at 1000 years from now
& you didn't have to pay for it -
it was live on TV around the whole world.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #188 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:43pm

while you can .........

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #189 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:48pm

better quality

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #190 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:55pm

Hi Sprint,
that's only 240p.
better to wait till you can get it in 1080 HD.

But to be honest it wasn't much of a fight.
Frankly - I'm disappointed.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #191 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:00pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:48pm:

better quality

4th round, floyd is advancing, conor is on the backfoot

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #192 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:13pm

5th round  - floyd continually advancing, conor retreating.

Floyd getting inside conor a few times, conor looking ....... mentally surpassed

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #193 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:17pm

end of the 6th, floyd shows his defensive skills.

weaving and bobbing. He is way ahead of conor.

floyds continual advancing was how jeff horn beat manny.
The aggressor usually wins.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #194 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:23pm

7th round, conor visibly tiring.

All th fight conor has not thrown and connected with a power punch.
He has thrown very few punches that are timed well.
most are 'arm flicks'. Almost none come from his back foot

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #195 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:27pm

round 8 , very even.

Still conor backpedalling.

You will almost never win on the backfoot.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #196 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:31pm

9th round, conor exhausted and gasping, he literally cannot hold his arm up for defense.

Floyd landing shots on conor at will.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #197 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:37pm

early in the 10th ref correctly called it off.

conor not hurt, but he was going to be.
He was not defending.

Conor for the whole fight I think did not throw a punch where he flicked his hips into it.
Not a punch that came from his rear heel, hardly any where he had his torso twisting or shoulders moving.

There was nothing that was going to hurt floyd.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #198 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Surprised he lasted to the 10th round.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #199 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 7:46am

╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯

conor did very well and had a great payday *

however mayweather was all class ..as usual

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #200 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 8:59am

Yes, the Irishman did well to stay upright that long, however you have to consider that he was in the ring with a man who retired two years ago and is 40 plus years old..........otherwise I think he would have been gone before the 5th round with a younger Mayweather.....

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #201 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:49am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:37pm:

He was not defending.

Conor for the whole fight I think did not throw a punch where he flicked his hips into it.
Not a punch that came from his rear heel, hardly any where he had his torso twisting or shoulders moving.

I think the rules say that you must defend yourself -
Conor had his hands low & was getting bashed in the face
again & again.
I suppose that's why the ref stopped it?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #202 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 2:18pm

I thought Mayweather Jr would just weather out the early rounds and see if a UFC/MMA fighter could go the distance. Conor should have just thrown it all on the line in the early rounds rather than try to out-box a specialist boxer with the best defence of all.
In the end, it was obviously just a novelty fight that made millions of $$$. Conor was lucky Mayweather Jr was 40'ish.
Ref made the correct 'professional' call.
Unlike Brock Lesner who came from 'Entertainment' Wrestling and pulverised some of the best in UFC, etc.
Conor didn't make an impact on crossing over into Boxing.

Shame Horn won't get a chance against Mayweather Jr.
I must admit that Conor came across as a 'Chump' for the money - nothing more. His 'suit' effort pre-match was a laugh.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #203 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 2:39pm

Fuzzball wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
Surprised he lasted to the 10th round.

In fishing terms, Mayweather had his reel on drag just waiting till Conor was spent. He could have pushed it to happen 4 rounds earlier but I think he also wanted to stretch it to give everyone value for money.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #204 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 2:41pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 2:18pm:
I thought Mayweather Jr would just weather out the early rounds and see if a UFC/MMA fighter could go the distance. Conor should have just thrown it all on the line in the early rounds rather than try to out-box a specialist boxer with the best defence of all.
In the end, it was obviously just a novelty fight that made millions of $$$. Conor was lucky Mayweather Jr was 40'ish.
Unlike Brock Lesner who came from 'Entertainment' Wrestling and pulverised some of the best in UFC, etc.

I must admit that Conor came across as a 'Chump' for the money - nothing more. His 'suit' effort pre-match was a laugh.

Exactly, His only real chance was to go really hard and hope for a lucky shot.
I heard one expert say if it wasn't done within 3 rounds, Mayweather could not lose.

IBI

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #205 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 3:04pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:49am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:37pm:

He was not defending.

I think the rules say that you must defend yourself -
Conor had his hands low & was getting bashed in the face
again & again.
I suppose that's why the ref stopped it?

that is my understanding

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #206 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 3:20pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 2:18pm:
I thought Mayweather Jr would just weather out the early rounds and see if a UFC/MMA fighter could go the distance.
Conor should have just thrown it all on the line in the early rounds
rather than try to out-box a specialist boxer with the best defence of all.

I agree.

Still, he got  A$100M . 

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:10am

That was a joke of a fight. For all the bullsh!t hype to a puff of snoke imo.
Mayweather just let Mcgregor shadow box untill he wore himself out. Was never gonna be a fight.
What should of happened is a last minute swap with mcgregor to Horn and then watch the color srain out of mayweather.
Then youd see a real fight. What they sold everyone was clap trap humor and a nonsense story line.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #208 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:57pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:10am:
That was a joke of a fight. For all the bullsh!t hype to a puff of snoke imo.
Mayweather just let Mcgregor shadow box untill he wore himself out. Was never gonna be a fight.
What should of happened is a last minute swap with mcgregor to Horn and then watch the color srain out of mayweather.
Then youd see a real fight. What they sold everyone was clap trap humor and a nonsense story line.

That's why they call Mayweather Jr 'Da Money'.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #209 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:18pm

So its currently being thrown around that if Mayweather Jr stepped into the UFC ring against McGregor - he would only last 1 round.

Will we see 'this' happen?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #210 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 10:16pm

Floyd celebrated well.

Bought himself a  $A3.5M Bugatti

well done, that's the style.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #211 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 11:13pm

I think if Mayweather trained for a year in MMA he would kick Macgregors arse.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #212 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 11:23pm

rhino wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 11:13pm:
I think if Mayweather trained for a year in MMA he would kick Macgregors arse.

In Kickboxing the vast majority of knockouts are done with hands so he would go alright there as well.

I heard Mayweather didn't do any sparring leading up to this fight because he wanted to look after his hands, not the ideal preparation.

I don't think these 2 will fight anyone professionally again, Mayweather doesn't need any more money and Connor will never get another payday like he just had.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print